• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB64 Poll: Who is your best character?

Who is your best character?

• Total voters

Dragoon Fighter

Smash Lord
I do not mean your main, I mean out of all the characters you play who would be your best character?

DMoogle

A$
Define "best." Relative or absolute basis?

Absolute, probably Pika. Oddly enough, I don't seem to 4-stock people often with Pika, but I lose less than with any other character. Basically all-around consistent results. Relative, probably Link. I've been on fire with him lately. :) Sometimes my Weegee is really good though.

LlamaSensei

Smash Ace
I really don't know. I use Pikachu and DK pretty evenly. Against different characters, one of them seems to perform better to me, but I love playing DK so I chose him.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Kinda depends on what sort of opponent. Against bad people kirby/pika are my best.

Against good people I'd divide it up like this:

Top:
1) Fox

High:
2) Falcon
3) Pika
4) Kirby

Mid:
5) Yoshi
6) DK
7) Ness

Low:
8) Mario
9) Jigglypuff

Bottom:
10) Luigi
11) Link
12) Samus

asianaussie

Smash Hero
Pika is my 'best' character.

In terms of utilising a character's potential, Link is my best. I'm going to put Link because Pika is a dirk.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Pikachu, though I rarely play him unless I feel like trying to win at all costs.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Yoshi and Falcon....but i use DK for Kirby users. It really depends on the matchup

I chose Yoshi as Yoshi is probably the best when I am playing consistant.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
>mfw when i'm the only vote for mario.

oh, you guys are just mean.

Supreme Dirt

King of the Railway
Samus.

She's the only character I can play well in 64, though I do play Falcon and Ness quite a bit.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
I'd put it this way:

S
1-Fox
2-Pikachu
3-Falcon
4-Link

A
5-Luigi
6-Mario

B
7-Gigglypuff
8-Kirby
9-DK
10-Samus

C
11-Ness
12-Yoshi

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It depends of the opponent and matchup, sometimes its falcon, others its kirby, or mario or pikachu...

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi Yoshi

and yoshi

also most poeple in the dGames have over 1000 posts but their postcount says 0

2pro

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
boom voted for dk?
I had to take a look to the votes, because I didn't believe it neither. lol
also most poeple in the dGames have over 1000 posts but their postcount says 0

2pro
Yeah! I've noticed that when I make a post in one of the Forum Games threads, my post count doesn't increases.
I realize that after I posted like 3-4 times in there.

3mmanu3lrc

Smash Lord
We all know how to play Ness, it just that most of us doesn't main him because of his recovery being... you know!

Sangoku

Smash Master
[troll] His recovery is actually very good, once you can master his upb. I know it's hard, but train it and your ness will bu unbeatable :awesome: [/troll]

On topic, I didn't expect falcon would lead. I thought there was going to be way more fox. And the number of DKs is reasonable too, which makes me think that only Europe lacks DKs =(.

SuPeRBLaCK

Smash Rookie
hah yeah it's pretty close

SUPERB lack
SUPERB oom

and when it alternates it definitely looks the same...only thing is ..it aint purple!
my name wasnt influenced by him dont get the wrong idea cuz if i was copying then i wouldve put SuPeRbLaCkFan or Some other dumb ****

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm half tempted to call BS on Kuzi's vote.

I need to see this Yoshi soon
Wat, Kuzinator's Yoshi is really good.

I think he can easily become second best or best Yoshi eventually.

I think my Yoshi, Link, and Fox are about equal in terms of relative skill, but I gave my vote to Yoshi because he's the most fun usually.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
I honestly don't know who my best character is online or offline. Online, it used to be Puff, while offline used to be Kirby. But recently, I've gotten better with several characters... so I don't know who my best is anymore... online or offline. I'll take a guess and say my Puff is still my best online (with Falcon, Pika, and Samus as close seconds), while my... Falcon is my best offline? (with Pika, Kirby, and Puff as close seconds?)

Battlecow

Play to Win
Fun fact: No one knows what color dinosaurs REALLY were. Which Yoshi color is legit? Science can't tell you for sure.. But Chromopaleontologists at Miskatonic University have postulated that they may very well have been midnight blue.

Top Bottom