• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bunnelby

When released from a Poke Ball, Bunnelby will use Mud Shot on opponents. Although the mud's knockback is very low, it does reduce the affected target's movement speed for a while.

D-idara

Banned via Administration
NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Aurora

The messenger of the ancient Azran Civilization joins the cast of Assist Trophies! She basically acts as an EMP for 15 seconds...when Aurora's summoned, her pupils will glow a bright blue and she'll levitate from the ground slowly, shouting "STOP!" after a few seconds and releasing a pulse that pushes back players just a little bit...after being hit with this pulse, all attacks that utilize any sort of weapon or electronic device will be rendered useless for 15 seconds (Samus' Beam/Missiles/Morph Ball, Snake's arsenal, Mario's F.L.U.D.D, Fox and Falco's Reflector/Laser), after 15 seconds, she'll faint and dissapear from the Battlefield.

Lakitu

Lakitu reprises his Mario Kart role, whenever the player's KO'd downwards, Lakitu will pick them up and prevent them from losing a stock, he's practically a lifeline that carries you a little distance over the ledge so you can recover, through, if you get KO'd towards the sides or upwards, Lakitu won't save you and you'll lose him, he only rescues the summoner if they get KO'd downwards.

Eggplant Wizard

He throws two eggplant bombs that explode with the blast radius of a Battlefield platform and turn the opponents into eggplants for 10 seconds, rendering them unable to do anything besides running and jumping, and giving them the ability to random trip, although with a lower percentage than Brawl's. There's a rare chance that this trophy will summon a Tempura Wizard instead:

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik

The new Zelda Assist Trophy gotta be Cuccos! To get an idea of what Cuccos can do, watch this and this and this! They are perfect for Smash! It'd be hilarious to see a bunch of chickens peck everyone to death. :laugh:
CONFIRMED!!! CONFIRMED!!! CONFIRMED!!!

YES! YES! YES! YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Violenceman

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Ash316

Eddie/Flip Top: Runs around the stage, opening up his top and popping out items.

D

Deleted member

I don't know if this is the place to dicuss this, but after Little Mac's reveal, what other AT might be getting the same treatment?(if this isn't the place to discuss this, just tell me and I'll start another thread or link me to an already existent) Calling Isaac!
But for now, a Pokeball Pokemon...
Galvantula

When it's send out, it'll shoot an electric-web at a random fighter that deals damage and paralyzes him/her for some time

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
I really hope that Eggplant Wizard and King Hippo are Assist Trophies... it would be awesome to see them with Mother Brain again... Captain N reunion!

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Since i doubt anyone has done it, ill throw out some metal gear AT's for the heck of it.

---

The Pain - Appears upon release with a swarm of hornets, which he will unleash upon the enemy

hilarity ensues

------
Psycho Mantis - Would cause various affects to each enemy, including reversed controls, or even a loss control altogether, etc.

-----
Raiden - Pretty much appears and is about the same as grey fox's AT from brawl

although an updated grey fox can appear very rarely

Last edited:

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Not the bees!

I haven't been posting in this thread often so here are some AT ideas I have:

MC Ballywhoo and Big Top
Origin: Mario Party

MC Ballyhoo and Big Top appears and spreads out glorious items and food all over the stage via Big Tops head. At times, a hammer may even come out. After the items are finished dispersing, Ballyhoo vanishes. This negates "No Items".

Fi
Origin: Legend of Zelda: Skyward Sword

Fi appears and begins to glide around the stage. She uses her Drowsing ability and hovers about an opponent. The person who summoned her is able to attack that opponent without being next to them as long as Fi stays above him or her. Teleportation or quick movements can cause her to lose that opponent.

Phosphora
Origin: Kid Icarus Uprising

Phosphora appears and yells. She then begins attacking her with powerful electrical melee attacks. She then gathers all of the energy, jumps up high into the air, and then lands down with a blast of lightning. It is capable to do high amounts of damage.

Isabelle
Origin: Animal Crossing New Leaf

Isabelle follows the main character will giving out important advice and announcing meetings. Her speech bubbles can hinder players movements At times, she may trip causing her to fall into opponents for minor damage.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
I really hope Sakurai doesn't cut too many of the remaining Brawl ATs. Looking at past Pokeball selections it seems probable that at least one or two cuts might happen, but all the Brawl ATs were unique and interesting, so tbh unless they became playable, I'd be sad to see any go.

Even Resetti.

SomewhatMystia

Smash Lord
NNID
SomewhatMystia
3DS FC
2750-1555-1721
So, does anyone have any idea what Sakurai meant by (paraphrasing here, apologies) ATs being important in/used in All-Star Mode?

I feel like that's something nobody seems to have brought up, yet.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
The Charizard/Greninja trailer showed a bunch of Pokeball Pokemon at the beginning.
Just wondering if anyone has screen shots or a list of all the ones revealed.
We say quite a few new ones and returning ones.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Rewatching the direct, and I noticed that there almost never was an 'allied' player when the ATs attacked and that the camera would pan with them. Like when Ashly curses everybody and Waluigi stomps Pit solo. Sure, Pikachu isn't hit by Goroh, but it seems weird to have most ATs effect the summoner now.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
Huh, could be a thing. Probably just tricky set ups for the trailer though.

Personally I find it more intriguing that he said something like "they figure into All Star mode" when he introduced the montage.

Xermo

Smash Champion
NNID
SSBFC-Xerom
3DS FC
4425-1998-0670
You can clearly see 2 visible players when Colour TV Game 15 is on the field, and link doesn't get hit by it.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Pianta

When released from an Assist Trophy, the Pianta will simply walk around the battlefield. However, if an opponent is within his grab range, he'll grab that opponent and chuck him/her a great distance. Although the Pianta doesn't deal any damage, his throws are quite powerful, and can potentially KO fighters if their damage is high.

RogersBase

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RogersBase
3DS FC
1848-1722-4915
I actually did a Smash Bros. Top 5 video this morning that covered my thoughts on ATs that I'd like to see in the next game:

For those who don't feel like watching, these were my five choices.

5. Mallo - Pushes platforms into the background, pulls platforms into the foreground.

4. Chef from Personal Trainer Cooking - Throws sharp kitchen utensils, turns platforms into hot stove tops, or uses Kirby's old FS.

3. Tempura Wizard - Turns fighters into tempura shrimp, temporarily disables their special attacks.

2. Missingno. - Glitches up the screen, switches character percentages.

1. Slippy Toad - Crashes his Arwing onto the stage.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Bumping this so people know to use this thread for Pokeball and At discussion. I will be updating the OP with the Direct and E3 info. Sorry for my lateness.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
At this point, I hope to see King Hippo, Eggplant Wizard, Duck Hunt Dog (if he isn't playable or there is no Duck Hunt stage), Balloon Fighters, Takamaru (if he isn't playable), Mallo (if there is no Pushmo stage), Wandering Heroes from Find Mii (if they aren't playable), Muddy Mole, Mike Jones (if Sakurai finally acknowledges StarTropics), Lip, Captain Rainbow, Donkey Kong Jr., Sky Skipper, Nester/Lark (if Pilotwings doesn't get a playable character), and Dragon from Game & Watch: Zelda as Assist Trophies.

Last edited:

TJ-Works

Smash Hero
Is anyone else wondering if some (if not all) of the enemies confirmed to appear in the Smash Run mode, will also appear as items/assist trophies/pokeballs?

With the amount of enemies they managed to implement into the game already, it'd be a shame not to see any of them used in a regular SSB match. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smash_Run#Known_enemies

BlastState

Smash Apprentice
NNID
BlastState
3DS FC
0946-2825-3438
Is anyone else wondering if some (if not all) of the enemies confirmed to appear in the Smash Run mode, will also appear as items/assist trophies/pokeballs?

With the amount of enemies they managed to implement into the game already, it'd be a shame not to see any of them used in a regular SSB match. http://www.ssbwiki.com/Smash_Run#Known_enemies
Considering how Subspace Emissary used the Hammer Bros as enemies in Brawl, I would say that it is not too far-fetched to believe that. Although, I personally believe that they should go the Melee route and just have Smash Run enemies appear spontaneously from containers and such.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Too bad GameFreak seems to not acknowledge Missingno :c Although Nintendo does.

Kevandre

Ivy WAS Saurly missed
NNID
Kevandre
3DS FC
1736-1095-5393
Switch FC
SW-2226-3590-9812
Vaike just got a whole lot Vaiker.
Vaike (From Fire Emblem:Awakening)

I figure, we don't know if Chrom or Robin are in yet, so it would be good to go with a side character. A memorable, humorous one at that.

Vaike's got axes. He could throw them from afar (like the hammer bros) or if you get close up to him, he'll whip out Titania's Axe and hit you hard. If he KO's you he could say "Teach just got tenure"

I facepalmed when he said that in game...

I'm just really into FEA right now. I blame @ D-idara D-idara for chastising me in the stage creation thread and now I'm addicted. Thanks.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I actually did a Smash Bros. Top 5 video this morning that covered my thoughts on ATs that I'd like to see in the next game:

For those who don't feel like watching, these were my five choices.

5. Mallo - Pushes platforms into the background, pulls platforms into the foreground.

4. Chef from Personal Trainer Cooking - Throws sharp kitchen utensils, turns platforms into hot stove tops, or uses Kirby's old FS.

3. Tempura Wizard - Turns fighters into tempura shrimp, temporarily disables their special attacks.

2. Missingno. - Glitches up the screen, switches character percentages.

1. Slippy Toad - Crashes his Arwing onto the stage.
WTF... WOW... I love #1... that is so hilarious. :D

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Vaike just got a whole lot Vaiker.
Vaike (From Fire Emblem:Awakening)

I figure, we don't know if Chrom or Robin are in yet, so it would be good to go with a side character. A memorable, humorous one at that.

Vaike's got axes. He could throw them from afar (like the hammer bros) or if you get close up to him, he'll whip out Titania's Axe and hit you hard. If he KO's you he could say "Teach just got tenure"

I facepalmed when he said that in game...

I'm just really into FEA right now. I blame @ D-idara D-idara for chastising me in the stage creation thread and now I'm addicted. Thanks.
Ha! Once you play Awakening, there's no sleeping! :D I would like all of the chars from Awakening to be ATs :v

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
May I ask how many Fire Emblem games you've played? I honestly wouldn't want a majority of the Awakening Characters to be AT's.
Ha! Once you play Awakening, there's no sleeping! :D I would like all of the chars from Awakening to be ATs :v
We should have AT's from a large variety of games. Honestly, if we get a playable Awakening playable character, we should get AT's from other games. Ephraim, Miciaiah, perhaps Alm or Celica, and someone from Jugdral as well (honestly I don't know who). If we have an Awakening playable character, I wouldn't want any more than ONE Awakening AT, they should spread out and represent a larger variety of games than just Awakening. And I am so glad they used the arena from previous FE games for the Wii U version instead of just another Awakening stage.

Last edited:

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
May I ask how many Fire Emblem games you've played? I honestly wouldn't want a majority of the Awakening Characters to be AT's.
Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening and Shadow Dragon, IMO, Awakening still has the best characters. What I meant is that each of them is so memorable, they're all AT material.
We should have AT's from a large variety of games. Honestly, if we get a playable Awakening playable character, we should get AT's from other games. Ephraim, Miciaiah, perhaps Alm or Celica, and someone from Jugdral as well (honestly I don't know who). If we have an Awakening playable character, I wouldn't want any more than ONE Awakening AT, they should spread out and represent a larger variety of games than just Awakening. And I am so glad they used the arena from previous FE games for the Wii U version instead of just another Awakening stage.
And, honestly, Dragon's Table would've been miles better.

Last edited:

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Path of Radiance, Radiant Dawn, Awakening and Shadow Dragon, IMO, Awakening still has the best characters. What I meant is that each of them is so memorable, they're all AT material.

And, honestly, Grima's Back would've been miles better.
Oh ok. I hated most of the characters, and rather see a bunch of the PoR/RD characters as AT's. Like Elincia, Sanaki, Ilyana, and Mia for instance.

D-idara

NNID
D-idara
3DS FC
4511-0670-4622
Oh ok. I hated most of the characters, and rather see a bunch of the PoR/RD characters as AT's. Like Elincia, Sanaki, Ilyana, and Mia for instance.
Ironic, you've got a character from a game famous for its quirky and interesting characters as your icon, but you claim to hate the ones from Awakening? I'd personally like Tharja, Donny, Soren, Nailah and The Black Knight as ATs for FE.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Ironic, you've got a character from a game famous for its quirky and interesting characters as your icon, but you claim to hate the ones from Awakening? I'd personally like Tharja, Donny, Soren, Nailah and The Black Knight as ATs for FE.
I mean Awakening had some ok characters but most of them I didn't care too much for.

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
I don't want a bunch of PoR/RD characters either. I want a character from a larger variety of games. I also couldn't imagine Ilyana being picked (although Ilyana is my favorite Tellius character :p).

JaidynReiman

Smash Hero
NNID
JaidynReiman
Sorry, I meant to say "I want characters" from a larger variety of games. Maybe one character from each of the unrepresented Fire Emblem worlds.

Top Bottom