• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4Wii U/3DS Assist Trophies and Poke Ball Discussion (New OP!)

MrsAccount

Smash Cadet
I got a simple, yet iconic one for Megaman;

Met

A couple Mets would spawn, and behave pretty much as they did in the actual games. They jump, twirl and hide in their helmets, whilst shooting bullets straight ahead. The great thing about them is their variety in designs whilst still staying the same basic character.

Last edited:

9Volt

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Star_Fox_Team
Mega Man need Dr.Willy, Bass, Proto Man or Roll.

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer
Maybe you could add a list of the confirmed ATs and Pokeballs (when we get some) to the OP @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , as it might help eliminate the threads solely dedicated to listing the ATs/Pokeballs which have been popping up lately?

Just a thought.

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
Maybe you could add a list of the confirmed ATs and Pokeballs (when we get some) to the OP @ Venus of the Desert Bloom Venus of the Desert Bloom , as it might help eliminate the threads solely dedicated to listing the ATs/Pokeballs which have been popping up lately?

Just a thought.
Sounds like a good idea. I'll add that to the OP.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
Ok, here are a few ideas I have for ATs
Professor Oak
Oak throws 3 pokeballs throughout the battlefield. The 3 pokeballs have no "alignment" and thus can hurt anyone.

Wonder Black
Wonder Black will use his Unite Bomb ability to throw, well, a bomb, the people caught in the explosion will get slowed down.

Timmy and Tommy
Timmy and Tommy will start throwing the furniture leaves throughout the battlefield. They will spawn furniture that really are just there as objects that will get in your way.

Shaggy Long Legs
The Shaggy Long Legs will slowly move all of it's 4 legs across the battlefield. Those hit by the legs as they're descending will receive massive damage, and will be knocked as if it were a meteor smash if hit in midair.

AR Box

(couldn't find a better pic sorry guys :/)
The AR Box will "morph" the battlefield. As in, start to form mountains and such from the terrain

Mallo
Mallo will spawn with a random-shaped block. He will begin pushing said block, annoying the other smashers.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Princess Daisy

When released from an Assist Trophy, Daisy will unleash a bunch of flower petals. The flower petals possess the ability to disable the opposing players' special moves, forcing them to only use standard attacks. The effects of the petals only last for 10 seconds, but can prove to be a nuisance for anyone who needs to use their third jump.

D

Deleted member

Funky Kong
(from the Donkey Kong Country games)

He could be the Celebi of the Assist Trophies, unleashing Trophies on the stage while flying around it on one of his surfboards.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Slammer

When released from an Assist Trophy, the Slammer, as its name suggests, will clap its hands together to create a shockwave. The shockwave deals good damage, along with sending opponents flying sideways. The Slammer will also laugh if it manages to damage anyone.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649

Malamar

Malamar appears and creates a circle of purple mist around itself. A little bit of the mist follows anyone who steps in it and causes them to randomly flicker and appear to be upside down for a second. It does no damage and is just a weird effect. It does prevent you from attacking during the effect, though.

or

Everyone's stats are reversed:
Bowser becomes fast and weak
Sonic becomes slow and strong

Last edited:

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Midna

When released from an Assist Trophy, Midna will summon the Fused Shadows, and change into the spider-like entity shown below.

[collapse=Fused Shadow Transformation]
[/collapse]

After transforming, Midna will then utilize a spear-like weapon to attack and greatly damage anyone within its attack range. The attack delivers strong knockback, and is capable of scoring quick KOs on smaller battlefields. On one final note, the transformation's weapon is capable of piercing right through shields, rendering them ineffective.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Here's my assist trophy list, except for Mother Brain instead of Metriod.

Ashley takes the place of Kat and Anna
Doc replace Little Mac
Mother Brain replaces Metroid
Bowser Junior replaces both Mario AT's (Lakuti and H Bro)
Sothe replaces Lyn because Lyn or Micaiah I'm hoping gets in over the boring Chrom
Fawful replaces Resetii
Tom Nook gives AC a new AT
Dr. Kawashima replaces Andross
Diskun, Sheriff, Lip, Ayumi, and Sukapon rep the Retro's now.
Pacman added because of Namco.

Last edited:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Tiime to update!

Palkia confirmed as a Pokeball, and Little Mac as the first ever deconfirmed AT.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Too bad Starfy is still an Assist Trophy... but I would love Tingle and Infantry & Tanks (renamed as "Infantry Units" in SSB4) to be confirmed as playable characters. Isaac is pretty cool, I guess...

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ

Scrafty Busts A Move (& Your Ribcage)!

When sent out, Scrafty suddenly does a spin dance on the spot- Using dragon dance. A red energy whirls around Scrafty, pulling in enemies. Once they touch him, Scrafty uses Scary Face, stunning the opponent, and ends it with High Jump Kick, which deals a massive amount of damage & knockback.

If Scrafty doesn't have interaction with a foe upon a certain time limit, he ends the dance, then crosses his arms and grunts- ending the poke ball use.

bigbro2233

Smash Journeyman
Pichu:
Pichu hops two times before surrounding itself in a blue sphere of energy (Like Volt Tackle), damaging any opponent nearby. Pichu then spins around, dizzy, and vanishes.

DustyPumpkin

Smash Lord
NNID
DustyPumpkin
3DS FC
4038-5990-1614
Switch FC
0550-6678-6601
I'd like Wes from Pokemon Colosseum to explode the stage
Also Mirror B to make it rain by dancing

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I want the Devil to return. I really liked that guy.

He also reps a cool retro game, so there's that.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218

GROOSE

Groose appears and does his little snicker (as you can see above) and then jumps off screen. He emerges in either the background or foreground with his Groosenator. He starts blasting the battlefield with bombs. I'm really hoping this happens. I love Groose and I feel like this would be a perfect way to put him in this game.

D

Deleted member

Didn't even see this thread. Thanks.

I've chosen Steelix as I hope they do what they did with Snorlax, but with Steelix. Obviously he goes under ground, and then pops up at a random spot. Have dirt show up where hes going to be to give you time to dodge.

I chose Hippowdon and Co***rigus hoping to get some kind of trap Pokemon. So you walk over where Hippowdon was and he pops up and bites you, something like that, and Co***rigus would "blend" into the background.

Moon Monkey

Smash Hero
NNID
Mr.MoonMonkey
Switch FC
SW-0550-3588-6412

Name: Nurse Joy
Universe: Pokémon
Debut: Pokémon Yellow
Availability: Starter
Bio: Nurse Joys are nurses who take care of Pokémon. Joy isn't the first name of these nurses, but rather the family name; but enough trivia:

How it works: Once summoned, Nurse Joy will bow and remain stationary on the stage. A couple seconds after she bows the screen will quickly fade black and players will hear this chime:

Now either 1 of 3 things could happen once the black screen fades back to the battle:
  1. All of the damage the player who summoned Nurse Joy accumulated will be removed.
  2. All of the damage the players except the one who summoned Nurse Joy accumulated will be removed.
  3. All players will receive 300%. *At the end of the music chime, players will hear a short circuit sound to give a heads up of the malfunction*

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
Pokeball Pokemon prediction:

Cut: Groudon, Manaphy, Munchlax, Torchic
New: Dedenne, Xearneas, Honedge, Fenniken (replace Torchic), Victini, Servine, Palkia, and Darkrai.

I wish Goldeen was changed to Magikarp, but I doubt thats happening because they haven't done it already. Togepi will probably get some new effects.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
Bashmaster

Bashmaster is a rare Assist Trophy whom players can release. Much like in Tropical Freeze, he'll primarily attack players with his hammer, and can even send out ice blocks that could be treated as an edge-guarding hazard. The hammer is quite strong in knockback, but the ice blocks won't deal any damage.

Mega Bidoof

Smash Hero
NNID
Link46
3DS FC
1160-9840-1542
Fawful
image.jpg

He would run across the stage, attacking the fighters, while spamming the screen with his iconic "Engrish" and famous lines (think Mr. Resetti in Brawl).

Enough said.

Brickbuild101

Smash Lord
NNID
YouSeemFRAZZLED
Ok, here are a few ideas I have for ATs
Professor Oak
Oak throws 3 pokeballs throughout the battlefield. The 3 pokeballs have no "alignment" and thus can hurt anyone.

Wonder Black
Wonder Black will use his Unite Bomb ability to throw, well, a bomb, the people caught in the explosion will get slowed down.

Timmy and Tommy
Timmy and Tommy will start throwing the furniture leaves throughout the battlefield. They will spawn furniture that really are just there as objects that will get in your way.

Shaggy Long Legs
The Shaggy Long Legs will slowly move all of it's 4 legs across the battlefield. Those hit by the legs as they're descending will receive massive damage, and will be knocked as if it were a meteor smash if hit in midair.

AR Box

(couldn't find a better pic sorry guys :/)
The AR Box will "morph" the battlefield. As in, start to form mountains and such from the terrain

Mallo
Mallo will spawn with a random-shaped block. He will begin pushing said block, annoying the other smashers.
AR Box? The official name's Mr. AR. I like the Timmy & Tommy idea, but I'd prefer for the furniture to damage.

Darkshadow77

Smash Cadet
Considering Sonic's AT in Brawl was Shadow and not Tails, Knuckles or Eggman, I think there's a high chance we'll get either Tron Bonne or Zero (instead of Roll, Bass or Wily) as a Megaman AT since those two are the most used MM characters in crossovers.

As for other 3rd party ATs I would like if they included Phoenix Wright and Ulala... but yeah, that's never gonna happen.

TORNADO BUS DRIVER

Smash Lord
Cylindria

She will run about and place plasma ghost suckers and anti-gravity berries all over the stage , the ghost suckers will suck up th efighters and the anti-gravity berries will make them float off the stage if the fighters hit them.

Xarreno

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Xarreno
3DS FC
1590-4746-0106
Adeline

She would be a moderately rare trophy that when summoned, would proceed to draw three random creatures each being somewhat more challenging than the last. There would be different creatures each time.

-Weak ones would consist of Waddle Dee, Waddle Doo, and Sparky.
-Moderately threating ones would be Poppy Bros. Jr., UFO, and Sir Kibble.
-Dangerous ones would range from rare bosses like Kracko and Mr. Shine/Mr. Bright to tough enemies/mid bosses like Bonkers and Phan Phan.

These do not have to be limited to or used either, there are plenty of other enemies that could be presented.

Top Bottom