• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
personally this has been the greatest direct ever........literally.
I thoroughly enjoyed 99% of it while I was in my bed eating and smiling and laughing and been excited with occasional shouts(ok more like 2 every 8 minutes lol)

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The only people I've seen be 'underwhelmed' are diehard Ridley fans, to be frank. I think you're taking the Sal leak a little too personally. Look, the Sal leak did not predict Rosalina, obviously meaning even if it's right, there's still things he doesn't know.
I'm butt-hurt about Ridley. But, did I get over it? Yes, like ten minutes after.

It's more of a shot to the face to people who prefer squirtle or bulbasaur. Charmander's line is getting special treatment with a standalone Charizard in Smash and 2 mega evolutions.

Another peeve is ZSS being a rep. Not only did they add her again, they enlarged her breasts and gave her high heels... I'm not a feminist but, even if ZSS's first appearance is Fusion, you feel like she's the whiny, insecure girl she was in Other M... Spandex isn't helping that view.

Thomas.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Orodreth
personally this has been the greatest direct ever........literally.
I thoroughly enjoyed 99% of it while I was in my bed eating and smiling and laughing and been excited with occasional shouts(ok more like 2 every 8 minutes lol)
I'm with you on that one. This was as hype as it could get for me.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm butt-hurt about Ridley. But, did I get over it? Yes, like ten minutes after.

It's more of a shot to the face to people who prefer squirtle or bulbasaur. Charmander's line is getting special treatment with a standalone Charizard in Smash and 2 mega evolutions.

Another peeve is ZSS being a rep. Not only did they add her again, they enlarged her breasts and gave her high heels... I'm not a feminist but, even if ZSS's first appearance is Fusion, you feel like she's the whiny, insecure girl she was in Other M... Spandex isn't helping that view.
Charizard is arguably the most popular starting Pokemon... Is that anything new? Hell, he was picked in the Origins anime and even Mega-Evolved. Pokemon are added in determined via the Pokemon Company, which in turn is based on popularity. He is by far the most promoted starting Pokemon of all TIME.

Is Charizard more popular than Squirtle/Ivysaur? Obviously.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

• Beedle is an Assist Trophy/Is an item.

• Tom Nook is an Assist Trophy/ is villagers Final smash.
They are not as predicted....Unless that does not matter i was just pointing out that there not as the leak claims.:chuckle:
Beedle and the Beetle item are completely different.
No similarities what so ever, other than being in the Zelda series.

Thomas.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Orodreth
Charizard is arguably the most popular starting Pokemon... Is that anything new? Hell, he was picked in the Origins anime and even Mega-Evolved. Pokemon are added in determined via the Pokemon Company, which in turn is based on popularity. He is by far the most promoted starting Pokemon of all TIME.

You have a point.. Though I wish it weren't that way. I think some other pokemon have been neglected/could have been valuable characters too, but Charizard will always be the popular kid in school.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
So if you watch the part around 45: when you see Ridley's shadow, a small part of his wing enters the screen at top left. Slowing it down, I couldn't get a good enough look at it to see if it was purple and fleshy, or robotic haha.
This pertains to the rumors of Ridley being playable, I don't think it's off topic.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
From PoR rumor

"Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups."

As I suspected, this was dead on. I feel sorry for the chick, even throwing out a bone, her credit was given to chaos zero
Anyway no K. Rool, No Ridley. Anything with K.Rool and Ridley is fake to me.

D

Deleted member

You have a point.. Though I wish it weren't that way. I think some other pokemon have been neglected/could have been valuable characters too, but Charizard will always be the popular kid in school.
Holy crap is that blue ever hard to read.
So if you watch the part around 45: when you see Ridley's shadow, a small part of his wing enters the screen at top left. Slowing it down, I couldn't get a good enough look at it to see if it was purple and fleshy, or robotic haha.
This pertains to the rumors of Ridley being playable, I don't think it's off topic.
People on GAF state its Meta-Ridley.

CoryCory

Smash Rookie
Thankfully, this isn't the whole lineup and it's apparent there's WAY more to come. The most encouraging part of the Direct was shockingly the fact the 3DS was stated to only have two songs to a stage. As someone clarified to me ages ago a lot of the data was spent on music and sounds so I can totally buy a roster of 45-50 characters now.

And Greninja. I'm so glad a character was thrown in that none of these "leakers" seen coming. I'd say it's safe to say just about all of these leaks are dead and any future ones might have even less credibility before. It's only gonna be bigger and bigger laughs at this point.

D

Deleted member

Now watch as 50 leaks appear out of nowhere claiming to know that Greninja was in, but wanted proof before posting, so they seemed more legit.

Shroob

Sup?
Now watch as 50 leaks appear out of nowhere claiming to know that Greninja was in, but wanted proof before posting, so they seemed more legit.
I honestly don't even see the point of making a leak at this point. The game will be out in what....4.... 5 months?

Gaxel

Smash Ace

That's not the point though. They had squirtle and ivysaur in the last one, right?

That's like having 3 kids for a few years and letting the 2 youngest ones go. Mewtwo is a special case as he isn't someone everyone catches in Pokemon.

I don't hate Charizard but, you have to agree that Sakurai took the easy way out.

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I almost feel like they are literally supposed to be different characters. The new ZSS even has a mole or beauty mark that the old ZSS didn't have. I just had to laugh out loud when I saw the heels. Not only are they weird for the obvious reasons, but I don't think they've appeared in any of her actual games? Oh well, I'm still gonna play as her every so often. And the classic, bad-ass Samus is still available.

Last edited:

Forcerounds

Smash Journeyman
Now just what the hell is wrong with a Rhythm Heaven character?
Nothing. I trust Sakurai would do a Rhythm Heaven character justice. But I don't like giving characters on my prediction rosters the axe to make room for characters I didn't support to begin with. Prediction rosters are a cruel zero sum game that I don't have to participate in. So I won't anymore.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
From PoR rumor

"Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups."

As I suspected, this was dead on. I feel sorry for the chick, even throwing out a bone, her credit was given to chaos zero
Anyway no K. Rool, No Ridley. Anything with K.Rool and Ridley is fake to me.
Who is this? Is she credible?

Thomas.

Smash Rookie
NNID
Orodreth
Meh, I still have hope for Ridley. Weirdly enough though, it's not even that I really like Ridley; I just think Metroid needs another rep that isn't Samus or ZSS.

D

Deleted member

Can a Mod please message me? I believe we have some info on our hands.
Just post it, just say its a rumor, and you're not sure its true. This is a rumor/leak thread after all.

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
That's not the point though. They had squirtle and ivysaur in the last one, right?

That's like having 3 kids for a few years and letting the 2 youngest ones go. Mewtwo is a special case as he isn't someone everyone catches in Pokemon.

I don't hate Charizard but, you have to agree that Sakurai took the easy way out.
Again, I think your best bet is to not pin your dissatisfaction on Sakurai, but the Pokemon Company. Obviously yes, Sakurai does have some say over who gets to to be in, like Jigglypuff being in 3 games so far when she hasn't been relevant in years, but I don't believe for a second Charizard wasn't picked because "6th gen" representation. While Venusaur, Blastoise, and Charizard all got Mega Evolutions, it was only Charizard out of the three that got two mega forms.

My guess is that they wanted to appeal to both halves of the spectrum. While Pokemon Trainer was nostalgic for older gamers, he meant very little to newer ones. Charizard on the other hand is a character most gamers old and young can relate to, be it getting your first copy of Pokemon Red as a child, or mega evolving it in this current day and age.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
My... my... my... Ridley!? :cry::cry::cry:
Whyyy... just... why...
He is practically deconfirmed and now a pipe dream.

Well after that hit and my heart shattered, I must say I´m glad of the confirmation of Greninja practically killed everything in his way and was one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Now I´m hearing a rumor that Sal Romano did have another group of characters leaked?

Palutena
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)?
X / Y Pokemon now Greninja

So it seems that we need to look out for this new comers too, I will believe this when two more characters from that list are confirmed for now is in my radar.

.n_n.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm sure people have already stated as such, but the 4chan leak is pretty much dead with this. It appears Ridley is a stage boss, but even if that's still questionable, the 4chan leak stated Saki would be a character, and he was clearly confirmed to be an assist trophy. So, as much as I wanted to believe this leak, it's dead as far as I'm concerned.

[

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Who is this? Is she credible?
Yes, I brought this up MANY times before. She leaked the Brawl roster close to release on FAQS. Was treated like garbage by the fans and was accused of stealing other people's leaks (don't know why, the damage of the roster was done, she would just be reconfirming that), mods got to her, she never came back. Someone befriended her. Came on FAQS in Jan gave us this info he claimed to have gotten from her and never came back. I believed the dude because he was pretty responsilbe and active in some of the FAQS fighting communities.

Don't know who's going to be in the roster anymore honestly. Those two were really the only other highly requested characters besides Mewtwo that were common during Brawl days. Whatever, give me Shulk and Takamaru and I'm good. I'm fine with Megaman already.

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
Yes, I brought this up MANY times before. She leaked the Brawl roster close to release on FAQS. Was treated like garbage by the fans and was accused of stealing other people's leaks (don't know why, the damage of the roster was done, she would just be reconfirming that), mods got to her, she never came back. Someone befriended her. Came on FAQS in Jan gave us this info he claimed to have gotten from her and never came back. I believed the dude because he was pretty responsilbe and active in some of the FAQS fighting communities.
Well if it's true, then a lot of people will be disappointed. But does this suggest that Dixie Kong is in the game, just not partnered with Diddy?

For now, I'm taking the Gematsu leak as the most credible, considering the guy's track record.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Well if it's true, then a lot of people will be disappointed. But does this suggest that Dixie Kong is in the game, just not partnered with Diddy?

For now, I'm taking the Gematsu leak as the most credible, considering the guy's track record.
It doesn't imply that, it just said Diddy is not paired with Dixie.

Someone befriended her. Came on FAQS in Jan gave us this info he claimed to have gotten from her and never came back.
That's a problem, though. The supposed PoR liaison never specifically named who their source was; most of us assumed it was ChaosZero at first, and we're still only assuming it's Portrait of Ruin now. And that's assuming this fellow isn't just making the whole thing up.

The fellow having a good standing in other fighting game communities doesn't mean much, because a good standing is the perfect tool to propagate a false rumor.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
My... my... my... Ridley!? :cry::cry::cry:
Whyyy... just... why...
He is practically deconfirmed and now a pipe dream.

Well after that hit and my heart shattered, I must say I´m glad of the confirmation of Greninja practically killed everything in his way and was one of the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse.

Now I´m hearing a rumor that Sal Romano did have another group of characters leaked?

Palutena
Chrom
Shulk
Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)?
X / Y Pokemon now Greninja

So it seems that we need to look out for this new comers too, I will believe this when two more characters from that list are confirmed for now is in my radar.

.n_n.
My condolences...im not entirely convinced ridleys out, could be meta ridley as a stage hazard OR ridley pulls a toon link like we have all been predicting anyway. seems odd for sakurai to show his shadow and not just show him so i still feel this is a tease because the real (character) reveal is yet to come... yeah i know i feel like im grasping at straws at this point 2 but whatever it keeps the hope alive.

as for the new sal romano leak its here:

http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

If you take all his leaked remaining newcomers: Pac-Man, Mii, Palutena, Chrom, Shulk, Chorus men
cut Snake and you get a 48 character roster (now counting Sheik and Zero suit Samus as their own spots).

Seems likely to me at this point after this guy has called Megaman, Villager, Little Mac, AND Wii Fit Trainer; and now vaguely guessing Greninja (no one was guessing X and Y pokemon beyond mega forms of lucario, mewtwo, and charizard).

But hey, Isaac wasn't shown as an assist no Lip Stick shown Takamaru's still got a chance and like I said before Ridley seems like a tease more than a disconfirmed character and sakurai clearly trolled in the direct about zero suit samus AND the palutena trophy so maybe it's a 50 character roster with some characters Sal doesn't know about yet...he never mentioned Rosalina so I still got some hope that even if he's right we could get some surprises.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Welp. Nvm. One of his post were completely wrong (One 4 U).

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
You know I looked at the OP and saw that the direct proved a lot of the leaks fake. Is it going to be updated soon?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom