• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
It's hard to imagine many leaks surviving Greninja. (at least full roster ones)

We're going to have to mop up all these dead rumours before they start to smell.

Last edited:

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
It makes sense to me. It's a shame we won't know until the game is out. The wait wont be too long though. I'm hoping for K.Rool and hope the e3 leaker will leak the last character or something. We need at least one Villain newcomer this time around. With the Kremling's in the ND, it's possible.
Yeah that's what I think. But the leak with Lip, the MasterBall, etc seems pretty likely too besides the timing. Maybe Lip is last, and K. Rool is a boss? Ah this would be unfortunate.

Croco

Smash Lord
I am NOT a ridley supporter but i have to admit he is likely PLAYABLE!!!
Pikachu is clearly here bigger then Ridley's claws!!!
it's in the shadow.. happens very quickly!

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Warning Received
What do you have to say for yourself now, Eren?! Skull Kid isn't Snorlax with a Moon, Mega Man's final smash isn't Rush Adaptor, Villager's final smash isn't bees... What do you have to say now, you overconfident jerk?!

Last edited:

memememe

Smash Apprentice
It kind of looks like Takamaru's chances are way down now, too.
Greninja and to a lesser extent Sheik seem to embody what his play style would likely be like.

Oblivion129

Smash Lord
NNID
Oblivion129
3DS FC
1821-9773-2413
I'm sure there was a leak that said there would be no more transformations. Can anyone find it? Plus, since the game is coming out in summer, we're one season away and closer to getting real leaks.

Turtlar

Smash Apprentice
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll go ahead and throw it out there. When the Find Mii stage was shown in the direct, a Mii was in the cage. As I'm sure many of you remember, when Sakurai first revealed the stage, the cage was empty.

So I suppose that only leaves Pac-Man left from the E3 leak.

Last edited:

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
So I gotta bring up everybody's favorite leak here, because something in the Direct caught my eye when they were talking about differences between the two versions. Here, we see Mario in his idle animation in a position very similar to the one shown in the alleged leak. However, something I noticed is that, in the leak, the area around Mario's knuckles and his mustache look a lot smoother, whereas in the actual 3ds image they are pretty jagged. I don't know if this can hands down disprove the leak, but it definitely doesn't help it.

Attachments

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Man, I lost all hope for this game.

-"If we're going to delay, we'll delay the 3DS one", 3DS one releases in the Summer...
-Deconfirm Tom Nook, Squirtle AND Ridley
-Greninja... Why? No one even wants this, EVERYONE has a newcomer they want that should get a higher priority than this.
-Over-sexualized Samus gets even more over-sexualized with high heels
-Charizard gets his own spot, so overrated and way to pick favorites AGAIN, Nintendo...
-This new leak is horrible.
lol no one is forcing you to buy it

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
So if we combine the MK8 leak, there is room for one other newcomer (if the 4 cuts are also true). So it could be anyone from Ridley, Lip, K.Rool etc. That is, if the gematsu leak is real.

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman
Also, was there any leak with master balls? I remember there was one.. And if there was one does it match with that recent sal romano leak?

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I haven't seen this mentioned yet, so I'll go ahead and throw it out there. When the Find Mii stage was shown in the direct, a Mii was in the cage. As I'm sure many of you remember, when Sakurai first revealed the stage, the cage was empty.

So I suppose that only leaves Pac-Man left from the E3 leak.
When Mii is fighting, Alfonzo enters the cage. "Leave it to Mii!"

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
So we have an official 3ds model of Palutena-ish. Why don't we have people on this???? COMPARE PEOPLE!!!!

Suzakuseiō

Smash Cadet
NNID
antwonathon
3DS FC
1263-6431-1178
I still have hope for Ridley. Until Sakurai literally rubs it in our faces that he's a stage hazard and only a stage hazard, then I'll accept it. I feel like the sneaky glimpse we got was another way for him to hint at his playability. Otherwise, he's just being incredibly mean at this point.

In regards to other leaks, I am ecstatic that so many died on this day. The possibilities are endless now. I can definitely see Palutena's, Ridley's, and K. Rool's (THE KREMLINGS, THE KREMLINGS!) chances increased because of this Direct.

Did anyone else think as soon as they showed Sheik's new bombs that Snake could have gotten the axe?

Saint Johns

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HyperSlash

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm in agreement with those suggesting that Ridley still has a chance. Without explicitly deconfirming Ridley by showing him as the boss he still has a chance. Sakurai is a troll, this is well known. Unless he expressly states that a character won't be playable there's always a possibility. Relax everyone. Relax! I would recommend not closing any leaks because of Ridley. He's still on the table and still may appear, however likely.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
Pikachu is the same size as Ridley's claws in the shadow!!
NOT A RIDLEY SUPPORTER.. look closely folks.
That means he's smaller. If he's flying, the shadow overcast in return is bigger.

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
So I gotta bring up everybody's favorite leak here, because something in the Direct caught my eye when they were talking about differences between the two versions. Here, we see Mario in his idle animation in a position very similar to the one shown in the alleged leak. However, something I noticed is that, in the leak, the area around Mario's knuckles and his mustache look a lot smoother, whereas in the actual 3ds image they are pretty jagged. I don't know if this can hands down disprove the leak, but it definitely doesn't help it.
I have to agree.

Mario looks a LOT better in the leaked image. Though, that COULD be dev time during which they've optimized characters via reducing their polygon count (which can happen).

Whether that leak is real or not, Palutena IS playable. The fact that Sakurai is trolling the fanbase with her and Ridley is evidence that they're playable, IMO.

Can you imagine if he trolled that hard and then they WEREN'T playable? The man wouldn't be able to own a window without a brick being hurled through it...

HRR2b23

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
2535-4498-3108
I have to agree.

Mario looks a LOT better in the leaked image. Though, that COULD be dev time during which they've optimized characters via reducing their polygon count (which can happen).

Whether that leak is real or not, Palutena IS playable. The fact that Sakurai is trolling the fanbase with her and Ridley is evidence that they're playable, IMO.

Can you imagine if he trolled that hard and then they WEREN'T playable? The man wouldn't be able to own a window without a brick being hurled through it...
Yeah I think she's probably playable too (I certainly hope she is, she's like my second most wanted character.) Nonetheless, the leak's legitimacy has been a bit of a popular subject here haha

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926

Dead:
Journalist Leak -
Comprised of a "final roster" without Rosalina or Toon Link.
Reddit Leak - Claims that Rosalina is an Assist Trophy.
ThatWasPeachy False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Wegenbarth False Leak - See above.
APC99 False Leak - See above.
Occopicus Leak - Fortanono fake.
60 Character Roster Leak - Someone in this thread (don't remember) confessed to making it.
splat False Leak - Self-explanatory.
MisterVideoGaming False Leak - See above.
Competitive Arsehole Friend Leak - Clever analysis by Groose indicates that numbers-based poster username spells out "'Tis Fake!"
Early February 2013 Crap Leak - Claims that "Mega Man is off the table."
Smashboardian Leak That I Think Fortanono Made Leak - I was correct.
legendofrob1 False Leak - Self-explanatory.
Illiterate Leak (#2) - Said that Captain Falcon would be revealed on January 21st.
Toots Leak - Leaker admitted it was fake
Mr. Prediction Leak - Said that Shulk would be revealed on January 30th.
Hanafuda Leak (#1) - Said Lucario was cut.
Hanafuda Leak (#2) – Said Ridley and Tom Nook were playable, said Yoshi was paired with Baby Mario
Basty Leak - Also said that Lucario was cut.
Sandbag Leak - Said that Sandbag would be revealed on January 31st.
Really Short Leak - Lucario was revealed before Captain Falcon.
Frostwraith Leak - Self-explanatory.
Sakura Leak - Says that "Smash 5" is already in development by a different studio, when Sakurai has stated that SSBU and SSB3DS are Smash 4 and 5.
Sesquin Leak - Stated that Spear Pillar would return, but Palkia (major stage element of Spear Pillar) has been confirmed as a pokeball Pokemon.
Gandalf69me Leak - Admitted Fake
"Somebody is Coming" Leak - See above
Cap'nChreest Leak - See above
Souta Satou Leak - Yoshi Kato's email was soutasatou@____.com (they had different claims)
Yoshi Kato Leak - See above
Sound Guy Leak - Said Diddy would be next revealed (Little Mac was revealed before)
Veteran Leak - See above
Glass Joe Leak - Said that Diddy would be revealed on February 13th.
IGN Leak (#1) - See above
Year of Yoshi Leak - Said Yoshi and Baby Mario would be revealed during the direct on February 13th
Future Leaker Leak - Admitted fake
Diddy Kong Website Leak - Diddy Kong's background color is red, not blue
Illiterate Leak (#3) - Said that a "frozen DK Isle" stage would be revealed on DKTF's US release date
Ceres Leak - Had the same IP as another Smashboards user
Suomynona Leak - See above
New Nintendo Direct Stuff Leak - Said Mii would be revealed in the next direct.
CrimsonDivine Leak - The source admitted to have made it up
Over-Representation Leak (#1) - Said Waluigi was playable
GaeozHero Leak - Said "Ms. Tetris" would be revealed in February
Yoshi Website Leak - Said Yoshi would be revealed on March 14th
Baby Bros Leak - The models were from Super Mario Sluggers (edited from the T position)
Revealer Leak - Said we'd be getting at least 2 characters revealed per month (March had no reveals)
NES Remix 2 Leak - Claimed that Diddy would be the next character revealed, but Little Mac was revealed next.
Tin Star Leak - Said that the Pokemon 3DS stage would be a Cafe, but the Pokemon 3DS has been revealed to be Prism Tower
Time Travel Leak - Leaker claimed to have posted a legit leak on December 4th, 2013. He posted a picture which "accurately predicted" Rosalina and Little Mac. However, he mentioned the Palutena Leak which didn't exist back in 2013
Round Cactus Leak - Provided a list of newcomers without Megaman
Betternet Roster Leak – “Final roster” without Charizard or Greninja
NotSakurai Leak – Said no Melee stages would be returning
Four Revealed Newcomer Info Leak – Said Sheik transformation was untouched, claimed Phantom was an Assist Trophy
Neoseeker Leak (#1) – Said Ridley was playable, said Tom Nook was an Assist Trophy instead of an element in Villager’s Final Smash
Neogaf Rumor – Said target release date was spring
E Gadd Leak – Said Midna Assist Trophy was paired with Wolf Link
Three Post Leak/Tabuu Leak – Said Ridley was playable
Hyrule Goddesses Leak – “Final roster” without Charizard or Greninja
Neoseeker Leak #2 – Claimed no stages would return besides Pokémon Stadium 2 and Yoshi's Island
"ChaosZero" Leak – Said Ridley was playable
Monster Hunter Leak – “Final roster” without Charizard or Greninja
ErenJager Leak/Smash Demo in Canada Rumor – Admitted fake
4chan Leaker (#1) – Said Palutena would be the next newcomer revealed (Greninja was)
E3 2014 4chan Leaker – Said Ridley was playable, said Dark Samus was an alt
4chan Leaker (#2) – “Final roster” without Charizard or Greninja
Random Username Leaker – Said Tom Nook was an Assist Trophy (instead of an element in Villager’s Final Smash)
"Mew2King" Leak – Said Ridley was playable
Gaxel's Friend Leak – Said Ridley was playable
Neato Fabulous Leak – Said Ridley was an Assist Trophy (he’s a stage hazard)
Burger Dude Leak – Said Ridley was playable
"Seems Legit" Leak – Said Louie used flying Pikmin, implying Olimar did not
Comparison Man Leak – “Final roster” without Greninja
Sheriff Leak – Claimed Wii U version would release before 3DS version
Extremely Strange Leak – Claimed roster would vary between versions, claimed Ridley was playable
Nintendo Direct Leak (#1) – Claimed 04/08/14 Direct would reveal Shulk
Generic Gamefaqs Leak – “Final roster” without Charizard or Greninja
Live:
Jumpman Leak

[COLLAPSE="Killable By:"]
  • Exclusion of Mewtwo, Dixie, Mii, Jumpman, ROB or Lucario
  • Inclusion of Snake
  • Roster exceeding "around 40 characters"
  • Exclusion of Bowser Jr. Assist Trophy
  • Exclusion of Cannon Box item

GameFAQs PM Leak *
  • Exclusion of "Super Amazing Wagon Adventure U" stage
  • Exclusion of "Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo Buffalo" Assist Trophy
OP: http://pastebin.com/MazHmmzn
[/COLLAPSE]
Illiterate Leak (#1) *
  • Exclusion of Lor Starcutter (Wii U), Pokemon World Tournament (3DS), or Prison Island (Wii U) stages
  • Exclusion of Little Mac, Mii, Shulk, Anna, Pacman, Palutena, Mewtwo, Ness, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, Ganondorf or Falco
OP: http://pastebin.com/WRXmEfyU
[/COLLAPSE]
Generic Short New Namco Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Ike, Ness, ROB, Little Mac, K. Rool, Mewtwo
OP: http://pastebin.com/cZ8qH1Dj
[/COLLAPSE]
Spacechannel5 Leak
  • Exclusion of Mii, Dixie Kong, Toon Zelda/Tetra, Bayonetta, Pac-Man, and Chrom as characters
  • Inclusion of Ridley as anything but a stage hazard
  • Exclusion of Falco, Ness, Lucas, Jigglypuff, Yoshi, or Ike
  • Inclusion of Snake or Jigglypuff
  • Exclusion of Audino as a pokeball and Lucina as an assist trophy
  • Planned release date that is not June
OP: http://pastebin.com/767X7x6h
[/COLLAPSE]
Naryol Leak
  • Inclusion of Geno or Goku
  • Roster with more or less than 42 characters
  • More or less than 3 third parties
  • Inclusion of Ridley, King K Rool, or Bowser Jr. as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Lucario or R.O.B
OP: http://pastebin.com/uVmHnZXC
[/COLLAPSE]
Mjardo Leak
  • Exclusion of Dixie Kong, Prince Sable, a different retro newcomer, Lucas, and a Pokemon Trainer-like character
  • Exclusion of a Tropical Freeze stage
[/COLLAPSE]
Angry Leak
  • Exclusion of Palutena, Little Mac, and Ridley
  • Exclusion of Ridley as a stage hazard (yes, he's both)
  • Inclusion of King K Rool or Geno
  • Exclusion of Sami and Primid as assist trophies
  • Exclusion of Pokemon Stadium 3, Nintendo Land, and Miiverse stages
[/COLLAPSE]
4chan Leaker (#3)
  • Exclusion of E Gadd and Tingle
[/COLLAPSE]
Neoseeker Leak (#3)
  • Exclusion of Mii, Shulk, Bandana Dee, and Prince Sable as playable characters
  • Exclusion of Richard, Tails, Yveltal, and Arceus as pokeball pokemon/assist trophies
  • Exclusion of an "X" stage, a DKC:TF stage, and a Wonderful 101 stage
  • Exclusion of Sector 4
[/COLLAPSE]
RosalinaX Leak
  • Final roster being more or less than 48 characters
  • The amount of cuts being more or less than 4
[/COLLAPSE]
[collapse="Vague Leaks"]
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-405#post-16370074 (Xplizit)
http://smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-406#post-16370456 (Xplizit #2)
http://dis.4chan.org/read/games/1396712732 (Turgid)
[/collapse]
[/COLLAPSE]

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I could have sworn that there was a leak that said no more transformations and you would be able to play as Samus and ZSS separately. Is that leak still alive by any chance?
Can't remember exactly but I know I called it at some point after seeing the Phantom on Zelda's page,
My thoughts exactly, plus snake if he is back is at E3 or bust. Also i believe that the direct also confirms these characters:

issac, meta knight, balloon fighter, ridley, palutena, shadow, and maybe a few others, i will need to rewatch it.
With Villager having a move called Balloon Fight.... fighter seems very unlikely
And Shadow?? Where'd you get that from? :S

KingBroly

Smash Lord
I think we're going to need updates on those leaks. A few fakers just got ousted. I think one faker said Greninja though, so I'm not sure.

Mii is all but confirmed at this point.

AGES

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Snicks

The tails looks stupidly similar, I'm sorry but don't get your hopes up too high here for Ridley D:

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

Circa

Smash Champion
NNID
timssu
3DS FC
1891-2120-4792
I can't find the clip for the life of me now, but somewhere in the video while watching it live I swear I saw Mega Man moonwalking.

Zynux

Smash Lord
So many leaks were massacred by this direct. Wow. Bodies everywhere.

Glaciacott

Smash Lord
I actually think the Pokemon from X and Y was kind of a longshot. X and Y came out after Smash characters had been settled so Gamefreak had no idea about the popularity of the new generation ... which is why I imagined just Mewtwo or Blaziken instead.

So I think it's an interesting rumor, although part of me just really wants Rhythm Heaven representation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom