• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
Hey, not sure if posted already: http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Last year, Gematsu was tipped off prior to E3 about six new characters supposedly set to appear in Super Smash Bros. for Wii U and for Nintendo 3DS.

They were: Mega Man, Villager (Animal Crossing), Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac (Punch Out), Pac-Man, and Mii (Wii series).

So far, all but Pac-Man and Mii have been confirmed.

Today, we received a new e-mail from the same tipster, who claims Pac-Man and Mii are still on the way, and the following characters will also appear:

• Shulk (Xenoblade)
  • Palutena (Kid Icarus)
  • Chrom (Fire Emblem: Awakening)
  • Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven)
  • Pokemon from Pokemon X and Y
Take it all with a grain of salt for now, but there’s a Super Smash Bros.-focused Nintendo Direct happening later today. If these claims are accurate, it’s likely we’ll hear about at least one of these new characters there.

I’ve e-mailed the tipster requesting a few more details, but have yet to hear back.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros#Xl28Rq1tY0jX0FeZ.99

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
This is the same guy that predicted Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer just before E3. He might be credible, though the lack of Rosalina probably doesn't.
If I told you "Peach, Mewtwo and Marth" are in Melee, I'd be credible. I wouldn't be totally right, but I'd be credible.

Telling us "Shulk, Palutena, Chorus Men, Chrom and a X/Y Pokemon" are in Smash Bros Wii U is the same situation as my above example. He didn't say that these are the only newcomers in the game.

D

Deleted member

I'm willing to believe this, though it raises some disappointment.
Palutena, Shulk, and Chrom are ok, but "Pokémon from X/Y" raises a red flag in the cuts department unless said Pokémon is Mewtwo (with either one or both of the Mega Mewtwo being the "from X/Y" aspect). As for the Chorus Men, would be glad to see some Rhythm Heaven love, but.....they is not Wrestler....:cry:

Rosalina wasn't mentioned.
Which has absolutely no bearing on this.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Not sure what to make of this, but I'm not going to. The Direct is in an hour anyways.

And for now, please keep this discussion within the Rumor/Leak thread, besides being off topic in the Direct thread, it would help avoid traffic.

Last edited:

Con0rrrr

PPMD Kreygasm
NNID
Con0rrrr
3DS FC
4656-6340-0779
A lot of these leaks seem to say they know when a direct will be or they know when a pic of the day will be posted. I'm almost determined to deny those leaks on the spot. There is no reason for Nintendo to tell their lower tier employees when the announcements will take place. That is, even if those employees know what the announcements are. And when they say they know the pic of the days. That doesn't make any sense either. Why would it be common news to Sakurai and Nintendo's employees when the small announcements/directs will be. There is no need to tell those lower employees due to potential leaking, and a lot of these directs and pic of the days are probably planned not very long before they happen/release. I doubt Sakurai has this big calendar of pic of the days. And I doubt Nintendo has the year mapped out for when they will do Nintendo Directs

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
This one is just crazy enough to be true. Though I'm not buying it yet. We'll know in an hour anyway.

Assuming it is, just about every leak on the front page is going bye bye.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I've always tossed around the idea of a Rhythm Heaven rep, though I never put much credence into it. Like Golden said, I'm honestly surprised it wouldn't be the Wrestler of all the characters since he's arguably the most 'famous' one, but we'll see I guess?

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
Leaked:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Miis
Mega Man
Pac Man
Shulk
Palutena
Chorus Men
Chrom
Kalos Trainer

Not Leaked:
Rosalina

So, the question is, is there a few more, not leaked characters?

Chimera

Smash Journeyman
NNID
cmChimera
If this is from the same guy who did the E3 leak, then we should pay attention, but I will say this: Why does this guy cherry pick his information like that? Why can't you just spill what the Pokémon is? It seems really off that this leak would know about all of these characters, and yet doesn't know for sure about one.
I find the character picks pretty safe. Chorus men are a bit odd, but I've heard a lot of Rhythm Heaven requests. The non-specific pokemon character thing, and the lack of Rosalina in any of his leaks, and the fact that he was already wrong as to when the characters would be announced makes me question him a lot.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Rosalina not being mentioned has no bearing on this, again.
There was no statement in the first list about them being the only new additions (otherwise, this new list would be untrustworthy); just that the characters would be in the game. Which is currently 2/3 accurate.

Leaked:
Villager
Wii Fit Trainer
Miis
Mega Man
Pac Man
Shulk
Palutena
Chorus Men
Chrom
Kalos Pokémon

Not Leaked:
Rosalina

So, the question is, is there a few more, not leaked characters?
Fixed. Nothing was stated about a Trainer. Just that there would be a Pokémon from X/Y.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I'd take it with a slight grain.
Remember, it's likely the Direct URL has been found, but Rhythm Heaven Chorus Rep does sound a tad questionable for Sakurai. Since it's the same guy...

He's vague about the characters.
Once again, I'll say that half at least are likely, half or less aren't, just like last time.

Last edited:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I would imagine that the leak from this guy doesn't include all of the newcomers.
Like, we still don't have a DK newcomer or Ridley, and Rosalina wasn't mentioned.
I feel like if it's legit, he left some out.

Also, I think Mewtwo can qualify as an "X and Y Pokémon".

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
I think it's Kalos Trainer. If it was just YMewtwo XCharizard, why wouldnt he say "Charizard" or "Mewtwo"

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I find the character picks pretty safe. Chorus men are a bit odd, but I've heard a lot of Rhythm Heaven requests. The non-specific pokemon character thing, and the lack of Rosalina in any of his leaks, and the fact that he was already wrong as to when the characters would be announced makes me question him a lot.
I find it weird it's the chorus guy but not marshal, even though marshal is pretty much the same guy.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Well, the latest news from Gematsu is terribly depressing. No DK newcomer, no Ridley, and aside from the 3rd parties it's lacking a lot in the all-star department. The interesting thing is that the leak is now very much on the edge, cause if any of these get deconfirmed, or we get a newcomer who wasn't listed (I doubt we'll see more than 11 newcomers) we can not only debunk this, but also the original Pac-Man and Mii leak. We'll see where it goes I guess.

Last edited:

Shorts

Zef Side
Premium
3DS FC
3136-6583-3704
That would be QUITE the 180 for me. The Kalos Trainer has three of the coolest Pokemon lines Ive ever seen, so being wrong, and having a Pokemon a particularly disliked from XY would be balls.

If it is true least I got Shulk, I guess.

Last edited:

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
No new DK character would be odd given how awesome Dixie, K. Rool or Cranky would be, but I'm otherwise totally sold with that leak.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I'd not be surprised to see the Chorus Men as our other shock newcomer, but god damn this reinforces how awful shock characters are as a concept. Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough whether whatever is revealed in the Direct matches up with those newcomers.

Also, in before anyone is deluded enough to claim that "someone could have guessed Chorus Men."

Last edited:

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Do we even know that that leak came from the same person? Aside from that article saying it did?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
I don't know too much about Rhythm Heaven to be honest. Could you explain the chorus men and Marshal?
So, the Chorus Men and Marshal are pretty much the same person, except that Marshal plays a FAR more extensive roll in Rhythm Heaven's sequel, Fever. The chorus kids played in two minigames + Remixes in the DS game, which isn't the greatest, cause there was like 3 things that also did that.

Marshal was apparently also in japan-only GBA RH but I haven't played that one.

I'd not be surprised to see the Chorus Men as our other shock newcomer, but god damn this reinforces how awful shock characters are as a concept. Anyhow, we'll find out soon enough whether whatever is revealed in the Direct matches up with those newcomers.
HEY

I WANT marshal. not for shock value, but at FACE value.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
If that new "leak" rang true, I could safely say that I will stick with Brawl. I'm not laying down £30-40 for something that is so unimpressive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom