• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

ErenJager

Smash Champion
Oh ok. That's cool.

What made you come back randomly?
I'll spend some of my time off reading a few threads, saw that post, not sure if it was regarding me or not, thought i'd clear the air if I could.

I wait in the shadow for my moment of glory.

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
I'll spend some of my time off reading a few threads, saw that post, not sure if it was regarding me or not, thought i'd clear the air if I could.

I can buy that. You were posting on some other threads..

DumHonkey

Smash Cadet
I've had actually had this happen before to me. Apparently Palutena, Shulk, Yoshi, and Falco will be revealed during the direct. Take this with a grain of salt as my brain also told me Snake would be revealed months back and we all know that that didn't happen.
I have no clue what that 4chan thing is supposed to be saying. But it is incorrect.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash 6.... that is definitely DLC content as that is to small of a team for the actual game. As for the rumors eh, I feel like we will get mewtwo, ridley, and nook tomorrow.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
When they say Pacific time...

They mean in like 6 hours, right? pls sai yes.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman

I have a question. The guy in that "leak" if you can call it that, says that Palutena is in fact a playable character, but was mistaken for an Assist trophy somehow based on a compilation of information he got from different people who were in a similar focus group as you. Do you think that this might be possible? Or are you still keen that she's an assist trophy based on word of mouth in that focus group?

Tetra's Tracker

Smash Journeyman
John Harker (known insider on NeoGAF) said he heard that Rayman had a chance to be in SSB4

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=107320283&postcount=1555
Meh, bit of a stretch to say he had a chance. It sounds like Ubisoft went to Sakurai asking him to put in Rayman, but Sakurai rejected them. Sakurai probably gets requests from all and sundry asking him to include their characters in SSB, we'd probably have about 10 third party characters if Sakurai accepted all of them. Unless Sakurai feels especially passionate about a third party character, they ain't getting in.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I've had actually had this happen before to me. Apparently Palutena, Shulk, Yoshi, and Falco will be revealed during the direct. Take this with a grain of salt as my brain also told me Snake would be revealed months back and we all know that that didn't happen.
I had a dream that this month's Direct would be on the 27th. My skills as a prophet have failed me. Ah, well.

As for this Smash 6 rumor. It seems fake to me (most leaks do) because it looked like it was posted on a forum and I doubt that's how Namco would hire people. Also, Japanese characters mean nothing to me and for all I know it said, "let us **** with the non-Japanese speaking public saying something about Smash 6." Followed by paragraphs of Japanese gibberish to make it seem more legit.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
When they say Pacific time...

They mean in like 6 hours, right? pls sai yes.
3 PM PT means 3 PM Pacific.

The Direct is at 6 PM Eastern Standard Time (my timezone).

Last edited:

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
Meh, bit of a stretch to say he had a chance. It sounds like Ubisoft went to Sakurai asking him to put in Rayman, but Sakurai rejected them. Sakurai probably gets requests from all and sundry asking him to include their characters in SSB, we'd probably have about 10 third party characters if Sakurai accepted all of them. Unless Sakurai feels especially passionate about a third party character, they ain't getting in.
I honestly dont think a character that originated outside of japan has a chance, and most of the characters he has chosen are major gaming icons that have a legacy almost as old as the nes. I dont see rayman as that at all, hes cool sure but he is not smash bros huge, and it might have been hard to communicate between ubi and japan anyway.

---
On a side note, what was everyone talking about when they said there was a big blank space on the smash bros site?

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I used to feel the same. But considering how big melee still is and how much attention it got last months/year, I think there would be a big market for a "meleeHD" with online capabilities. New HD-graphics, remastered soundtrack, ranking system, online play, balance patches and possibly added content (like characters and stages). I don't know man, I think a game like that would find a huge audience as long as it stayed true to the original game-play wise.

Ps: Don't forget that I said that I think it is extremly unlikely. All I said was that if the article was true, this could be one possible thing (more possible then another completly new Smash coming out 2015, one year after the previous one). And wind waker took what? 6months to remake? Hiring now and the timefram too 2015 should be more then enough to remake melee. Most likely though; The job add was a mistake/misunderstanding from the guy who put it up. Or it could just be DLC-stuff for Smash4 (but then why would he remove it? That he removed it tells me it has something to do with something that Nintendo wants to remain unknown to the public as of now).
That site allows anyone to post job listings.... most likely removed because Nintendo and/or Namco caught wind of it and didn't want false listings being up

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It takes mere seconds to successfully insult you. Your life is sad if you don't have even a few seconds to spare for funsies. And also because you keep responding and playing into my hand! YOU CANNOT WIN!
Dude, stop.

shulk and chrom are the newcomers most likely to be revealed...
I sure wish this was true.

There probably aren't any leaks because fake leakers are too hyped for the direct themselves to waste time on gamefaqs

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I definitely feel it will be the 4 I previously mentioned but chrom and shulk wouldn't be to bad. I feel like the newcomer will be unexpected hence why rumors haven't really happened about it.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I'm pretty sure all the fakers are done for now as there isn't really a reason to make a leak that will be easily debunked in hours to come.

StupendousMike

Smash Ace
I honestly dont think a character that originated outside of japan has a chance, and most of the characters he has chosen are major gaming icons that have a legacy almost as old as the nes. I dont see rayman as that at all, hes cool sure but he is not smash bros huge, and it might have been hard to communicate between ubi and japan anyway.

---
On a side note, what was everyone talking about when they said there was a big blank space on the smash bros site?
I know you're probably referring to 3rd party characters, but Dixie and K. Rool both have non-Japanese origins, being Rare creations.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

---
I want to deny this so bad but, I just realized that every single Nintendo IP is Japanese...

The Italian plumbers...
The elf warrior...
The space bounty hunter...
The pocket monsters...
The anthro space fighters...
The pink blob...

All Japanese...

HylianHeroBigBoss

Smash Lord
NNID
HylianHeroSnake
I want to deny this so bad but, I just realized that every single Nintendo IP is Japanese...

The Italian plumbers...
The elf warrior...
The space bounty hunter...
The pocket monsters...
The anthro space fighters...
The pink blob...

All Japanese...
I cant tell if thats sarcasm or if you think i meant every character is japanese themed when thats not what i meant at all

I know you're probably referring to 3rd party characters, but Dixie and K. Rool both have non-Japanese origins, being Rare creations.
I am referring to third parties

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Delay Smash Bros during the most crucial time at Nintendo HQ and the "make it or break it" year as perceived by everyone else? Nope. Just as others have said, nope. No delay. Game has been in development for 2 1/2 years with help by 5 studios, 3 of which are 3rd party.

I expect Smash Bros to launch during November but will not be surprised if it comes out August or September unless they're releasing Bayonetta 2 during that time in which case Smash Bros and Hyrule Warriors slated for the holidays.

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Rumor just appeared on Gaf about Rayman.

It's most likely fake since it was just a post. But supposedly Ubisoft "TRIED" To get Rayman in Smash. And that's as far as the post went.

Last edited:

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Can somebody explain to me how a game gets "delayed" when its release date hasn't even been announced yet? You people are making no sense.
Well, it happens. I mean, the game is slated for 2014. And then they decide 2015. That's considered delayed.

Look at Duke Nukem Forever. Delayed, supposedly cancelled, on hold- that game went through development hell and was supposed to release years before 2011. Of course, this won't be the case with Smash Bros, but I think you get the gist of what I'm trying to say.

leprechaunlink727

Smash Ace
Well, it's being advertised as a 2014 game. So if it was then announced for 2015, that would be a delay. I thought that was clear.
I mean, I guess so. I would assume the reason they've held off on giving us a release date is because they want to avoid a situation like Brawl where there are multiple delays. Plus, everyone is assuming "2014" based on Sakurai's New Year's Resolution and some pre-order listings. I'm not saying it won't be in 2014, by all means, that's likely, but that doesn't make it anything more than conjecture. Any of our guesses at what the release date is or should be are basically just hearsay until an actual date is announced by Nintendo, which will probably happen tomorrow. Still, don't be surprised if the game gets pushed back, almost all major Nintendo games get delayed at least once, they have the most rigorous QC process in the business.

Last edited:

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
I mean, I guess so. I would assume the reason they've held off on giving us a release date is because they want to avoid a situation like Brawl where there are multiple delays. So any of our guesses at what the release date is or should be are basically just hearsay until an actual date is announced by Nintendo, which will probably happen tomorrow. Still, don't be surprised if the game gets pushed back, almost all major Nintendo games get delayed at least once, it's because they have the most rigorous QC process in the business.
It won't be pushed into 2015 tomorrow. Only today they posted on the Smash Facebook mentioning the 2014 date once again. :)

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Rumor just appeared on Gaf about Rayman.

It's most likely fake since it was just a post. But supposedly Ubisoft "TRIED" To get Rayman in Smash. And that's as far as the post went.
Wouldn't that mean they tried, but to no avail? That he was planned at one point, but ultimately didn't make it in?

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
As a note, I do expect to see an actual, legitimate leak (and once again by leak I mean someone found the Direct's footage) in the hours before the Direct. It's just going to happen.
But until then, I doubt we'll see any legitimate leaks, but mostly jokes. As have most of them this past week have been. :facepalm:
The hell is GAF crashing this early for? Do they have a leaker on there are something?
It's just because around this time people begin hounding for the Direct URL.

Last edited:

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
Wouldn't that mean they tried, but to no avail? That he was planned at one point, but ultimately didn't make it in?
I assume they tried after the roster was finalized so it couldn't be helped. (That's if it's true) Which makes me sad since he'd be a perfect fit in every way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom