• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
IGN: "If you're a Nintendo fan, you should probably stay up tonight."

And I was JUST about to close my laptop and head to sleep... Oh well sleep is overrated.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I'll allow talk about this for now, but if it is confirmed to be MK8 news (which it most likely is), you all will need to take the discussion to the Mario Kart General Thread. Same goes for if a Direct is announced, to take it to the eventual thread someone will create.

That said, assuming it's just MK8, am guessing it's related to rumors about the game being released earlier than expected.

Last edited:

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
But waht could it mean?

Edit: I misspelled "What" a bunch while writing this post and it still went through wrong. I need to go to bed.

Last edited:

memememe

Smash Apprentice
Didn't screenshot it, which was dumb, but a GameFAQs post was made then taken down like instantaneously that said something along the lines of a Smash Bros. release for NEXT WEEK exclusively through eShop. If that's true.....the internet is about to break. Did anyone else catch it?

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Didn't screenshot it, which was dumb, but a GameFAQs post was made then taken down like instantaneously that said something along the lines of a Smash Bros. release for NEXT WEEK exclusively through eShop. If that's true.....the internet is about to break.
GameFAQs is untrustworthy.

Kirbunny431

Smash Journeyman
Didn't screenshot it, which was dumb, but a GameFAQs post was made then taken down like instantaneously that said something along the lines of a Smash Bros. release for NEXT WEEK exclusively through eShop. If that's true.....the internet is about to break. Did anyone else catch it?
Incredibly unlikely. Nintendo wouldn't just randomly drop one of their biggest games out of nowhere. Besides, given some of the stuff we've seen in the PotDs, the game is still in need of a few touch ups.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
At best I expect Smash in June or July. It would be heavily promoted if it was gonna drop before MK8.

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
It's okay, you can go to sleep. Leave the hype trains at their stations...unfortunately

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's okay, you can go to sleep. Leave the hype trains at their stations...unfortunately

I'll allow talk about this for now, but if it is confirmed to be MK8 news (which it most likely is), you all will need to take the discussion to the Mario Kart General Thread. Same goes for if a Direct is announced, to take it to the eventual thread someone will create.

That said, assuming it's just MK8, am guessing it's related to rumors about the game being released earlier than expected.
Good enough for me. Take it to MK General thread or the Social thread everyone.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
GAH.

I was going to bed early tonight. **** YOU IGN. **** YOU NINTENDO.

I NEEDED SLEEP FOR ONCE AND YOU DO THIS TO ME.

YOU ABUSE ME BUT I LOVE YOU SO.

And like that I can go back to bed. Love Mario Kart, but ehhhhhh.

Last edited:

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
Last edited:

shadowjosh

Smash Apprentice

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales

Smash Bro

Smash Journeyman
Sounds like a bit of a stretch to me.
That's what I thought, too, but Reuben did mention that he "...end(ed) up playing (Raiden)...NOT to the extent that he is in the other games." So, sounds like not much voicing was done. Maybe Raiden is an assist trophy?

@Aurora: I assumed the same, but I checked the voice cast list, and Reuben didn't voice Raiden in PS All-Stars.

Last edited:

kataridragon

Smash Ace
Son of a ***** !!! Now I cant sleep even if i wanted to. I need more info!!! Now! Uggh I gotta go to walmart and buy supplies anyways. Ill Let you know if i see mario kart 8 there lol.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
Voice actor Reuben Langdon just shared one of his recent interviews, in which he mentions that he voiced Raiden in Super Smash Bros... Could this be new leaked information about Raiden somehow being in Smash 4? Am I overreacting?

http://www.gamevoices.co.uk/profile...nterview-is-with-the-extremely-entertaining-m
Wasn't Raiden in one of the character conversation scenes in Brawl on Shadow Moses Island? I don't really know the Metal Gear Solid series so much, so I'm not entirely sure.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I just looked through all of Reuban's voice credits and he has never played the character, so it is possible provided he or the writer's not mixing up the characters or games. The only thing I'd say is that it's odd that Quinton Flynn isn't doing it, but then again, they are using new voice actors so maybe he's been used instead of Flynn (which could mean the same for David Hayter and Kiefer Sutherland if Snake's returning).

Last edited:

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
That's what I thought, too, but Reuben did mention that he "...end(ed) up playing (Raiden)...NOT to the extent that he is in the other games." So, sounds like not much voicing was done. Maybe Raiden is an assist trophy?

@Aurora: I assumed the same, but I checked the voice cast list, and Reuben didn't voice Raiden in PS All-Stars.
Dang, I just double -checked the context. It's about a franchise he wants to play a voice in. So that means he did get a near hit with Raiden, but not IN a mainstream game. Is that a typo? Wait and see if that sucker gets redacted.

ProjectAngel

Smash Journeyman
Switch FC
SW-3179-5530-9222
Wasn't Raiden in one of the character conversation scenes in Brawl on Shadow Moses Island? I don't really know the Metal Gear Solid series so much, so I'm not entirely sure.
No. The only convos Snake had on Shadow Moses in Brawl were with Otacon, Mei Ling, Colonel Roy Campbell, and Slippy.

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
No, Raiden made no appearances in Brawl. I still don't really believe this though. It seems too strange that Snake would be dropped for Raiden when the former was added as a personal favor.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
It does, but... does this guy have a twitter? Someone needs to ask if he accidentally revealed something. if he can't say anything about it, then we'll know. Otherwise he could explain the mistake.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Im assuming the early Kart release is for an early Smash release. There just is no other reason for this. Like I said, Wii U is in trouble and besides Bayonetta, Smash is the only thing looking close to done.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Wait...is it confirmed Kart is releasing early or is that a rumor too?

Because if it's releasing earlier, then say hello to ****ty racer roster where 8 spots were taken up the Koopalings.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
No, Raiden made no appearances in Brawl. I still don't really believe this though. It seems too strange that Snake would be dropped for Raiden when the former was added as a personal favor.
Ahh, okay. My mistake. Thank you, @ Xzsmmc Xzsmmc and @ ProjectAngel ProjectAngel . Still does seem weird he'd mention doing Raiden's voice then.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
The guy does have a Twitter account. And he posted the article2 hours ago. Someone with Twitter should ask him! :D

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Yep, if this is true then Snake is for sure coming back, not to mention that so many 'leaks' are going to die off because of it.

Last edited:
NNID
Majorasmask66
ugh when is ign gonna reveal the thing we are supposed to stay up late for? and even if it is mario kart ill be fine with it. of course smash would be 100x better. not that mario kart 8 wouldnt be awesome though. its just ssb4 has extremely dangerous levels of HYPE.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I honestly didn't have any doubts that Snake would return. It's only that interview with Kojima that set things rocking. If this guy stated things correctly and he is voicing Raiden in Smash, that's basically a 100% confirmation that Snake is returning.

Heck, maybe Snake is getting revealed tonight. Usually people can't say certain things until an embargo is over, and maybe that's what happened. IGN is reporting something big, this guy says he was in Smash, and we get an update in an hour.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
"Is there a game franchise you'd particularly like to appear in?

Let me think about that. Well the Metal Gear series is always coming in and out of my ‘field’. We have put bids out on it a couple of times. Raiden was always a character that I had wanted to play. I did end up playing him on Super Smash Bros; so I did end up playing him eventually. NOT to the extent that he is in the other games.

Really I can’t think of any others, I don’t know. Im so lucky to have work on all the major franchises that anyone could possibly work on or even dream to work on.

Oh, Portal. Is that possible even?! (laughing)

I just feel blessed with all the video game opportunities I’ve had chance to partake in, so I feel like I’ve got it pretty well covered."

Only part I can find about Smash.

This confirms what exactly? It sounds more like Raiden is playable in smash.

And I don't buy that....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom