• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skyblazer

Smash Rookie
I wasn't being a ****, I was just asking what people see in her. Simple question.
Random lurker here, but I'll bite: on the surface, her potential for a solid and interesting moveset is already excellent. Aside from whatever could be borrowed from Uprising that wouldn't fit in Pit's moveset, which is quite a lot, the fact that she has both a staff AND shield allows for a very unique character. It doesn't hurt that she has, arguably, I guess: more character and personality than nearly any other likely newcomer and a rather nice character design. For me, it has absolutely nothing to do with her being female; if there were a notable male character who used a staff and shield, then by all means, put them in Smash.
Sorry, I don't know what kind of answer you're looking for, especially since I have no idea if you've played KI:U, but frankly she has every right to be a character and KI deserves more than one rep mostly thanks to Uprising's commercial and critical success. Even still, it tops many people's favorite 3DS games list and Kid Icarus isn't exactly a series with no history behind it. Really though, opinions will never not factor into who anyone wants, so I don't think it's possible to give an answer that would instantly persuade you, but moveset potential and Uprising's success still stand as universally valid points. If you don't want her in, that's fine, but don't think she shouldn't be in just because you don't see the appeal. I think Mii, Pac-Man, and Krystal are all terrible choices, but at least two of them will very likely make the cut, and there's no point bashing the fans of those characters just because I disagree.

Back on topic though, the Shulk leak would be almost certainly fake anyway because the backdrop is literally just copied and pasted from a picture of Peach. If the backdrop is the exact same as any shown in a screenshot or trailer, the leak pretty much dies right away.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm honestly just glad you saw my joke thread. I thought it was a bit under the radar.
...Joke thread, huh? I wasn't aware of that. I honestly thought it was an true support thread, because I've seen worse support threads. In that case, I apologize for saying what I did.

Back on topic though, the Shulk leak would be almost certainly fake anyway because the backdrop is literally just copied and pasted from a picture of Peach. If the backdrop is the exact same as any shown in a screenshot or trailer, the leak pretty much dies right away.
It is? I didn't notice that. But that certainly doesn't help the leak.

Last edited:

SkywardStriker16

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SkywardStriker16
3DS FC
4768-7879-5544
"Sakurai on whether or not he takes into account other people’s requests for characters…
in fact, I would indeed like account requests from fans. But the phase during which I am collecting this kind of information is already complete, and we are currently integrating this content to the game. We always try to incorporate a maximum of content in our program."
(from the article obeymalleo posted)

Not really new, but I guess it does reconfirm the point that Sakurai's had the roster figured out since summer 2013, or maybe even earlier. This brings up the question: will older characters, wanted far before this game have a better chance of getting in than characters like Wonder-Red? Or that supposed new Yoshi rep? Palutena's probably had enough time, and KKR and Ridley have had even more than her (over the course of 15 years of Smash...oh boy.)

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
I think it's always been fairly clear that someone as recent as Wonder Red would be out of the question just in terms of timing. Only case would've been getting info on him in advance to incorporate him as advertisement, but why do that and not reveal him around launch of W101?

BADGRAPHICS

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2406-5113-4228
"Sakurai on whether or not he takes into account other people’s requests for characters…
in fact, I would indeed like account requests from fans. But the phase during which I am collecting this kind of information is already complete, and we are currently integrating this content to the game. We always try to incorporate a maximum of content in our program."
(from the article obeymalleo posted)

Not really new, but I guess it does reconfirm the point that Sakurai's had the roster figured out since summer 2013, or maybe even earlier. This brings up the question: will older characters, wanted far before this game have a better chance of getting in than characters like Wonder-Red? Or that supposed new Yoshi rep? Palutena's probably had enough time, and KKR and Ridley have had even more than her (over the course of 15 years of Smash...oh boy.)
Shadow confirmed.

LKnight

Smash Cadet
Just thought about something concerning the Palutena leak.

If I remember correctly, Nintendo/Sakurai themselves had accidentally leaked Lucario, Ness and Jiggs (I believe?) in a screenshot that showcased Stickers for the SSE.

All 3 of those characters weren't addressed until after launch.

Now, when looking at the SSE story it seems like they were always going to be unlockable characters, but still.

Just something to consider when asking for her reveal (if the leak is true).

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246

If I remember correctly, Nintendo/Sakurai themselves had accidentally leaked Lucario, Ness and Jiggs (I believe?) in a screenshot that showcased Stickers for the SSE.

Now, when looking at the SSE story it seems like they were always going to be unlockable characters, but still.

Were in sticker form during that showcase? Seems like at that point he was leaving it up to plausibility that maybe that's all they were.

Were in sticker form during that showcase? Seems like at that point he was leaving it up to plausibility that maybe that's all they were.
It showed their stock icons, actually; it was when you highlight a sticker that is exclusive to some characters and it shows their stock icons underneath. The video accidentally showed instances where it highlighted a sticker and showed icons for Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario.

ThatGreenAlien

Smash Rookie
NNID
thatgreenalien
I'm ready for some actual news on this game rather than 3DS stage pictures, plus some more footage.

Out of curiosity, during the Melee/Brawl development days, were characters like K. Rool and Ridley featured on most "leaks"?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

I don't think Palutena will be unlockable. We'll have to see later on though.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I'm ready for some actual news on this game rather than 3DS stage pictures, plus some more footage.

Out of curiosity, during the Melee/Brawl development days, were characters like K. Rool and Ridley featured on most "leaks"?
I know Wolf, Samurai Goroh and Ridley were speculated due to their appearance in the opening which was shown ahead of launch.

Sure were; other popular candidates were Bowser Jr., "Wind Waker" Link, Krystal, Sukapon and Geno. My, how times have changed!

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
We also had what I've dubbed the Trifecta of Disappointment, three characters we were sure of but didn't make it. They were Krystal, Bowser Jr and, of course, Ridley.

This time around we have another Trifecta. It used to be a quartet but Little Mac got confirmed. They are Ridley, King K Rool and Palutena.

Here's hoping there's less disappointment.

Last edited:

Jackson

Smash Lord
Hey, what do you guys think about Atlus characters? Apparently Nintendo is on very good terms with them now. It's unlikely , but it would be cool if we saw Yu Narukami (Persona 4) or Minato Arisato (Persona 3). Opinions?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Hey, what do you guys think about Atlus characters? Apparently Nintendo is on very good terms with them now. It's unlikely , but it would be cool if we saw Yu Narukami (Persona 4) or Minato Arisato (Persona 3). Opinions?
Heh. I actually thought that if any Atlus rep happened, it would've been Yu. But then someone helped me realize that Yu never appeared on a Nintendo console. (Neither has Minato, for that matter.)

But there's always Persona Q, so who knows? Maybe we'll get a Persona rep. Sakurai's done weirder things.

Last edited:

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
It showed their stock icons, actually; it was when you highlight a sticker that is exclusive to some characters and it shows their stock icons underneath. The video accidentally showed instances where it highlighted a sticker and showed icons for Ness, Jigglypuff and Lucario.
Interesting. That certainly seems like more of an oops than something like the Palutena leak though. I mean the former was still an official piece of media that just had intended content.

Jackson

Smash Lord
Heh. I actually thought that if any Atlus rep happened, it would've been Yu. But then someone helped me realize that Yu never appeared on a Nintendo console. (Neither has Minato, for that matter.)

But there's always Persona Q, so who knows? Maybe we'll get a Persona rep. Sakurai's done weirder things.
Riiiight, Persona Q! Yeah, maybe Yu will be a trophy or something.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Riiiight, Persona Q! Yeah, maybe Yu will be a trophy or something.
I can see that happening, actually. Of course, playable reps would be preferable, but some Persona acknowledgement is better than none.

Anyway, I don't think this is the place for this.

Jackson

Smash Lord
I can see that happening, actually. Of course, playable reps would be preferable, but some Persona acknowledgement is better than none.

Anyway, I don't think this is the place for this.
Yeah, sorry, i'm getting off topic from the thread's purpose. This thread just has a really cool discussion going.

DaDavid

Just Another Sword User
NNID
DaDavidEffect
Switch FC
SW-7381-1262-2246
My default for website pics is that they are all fake. Just seems an odd thing to be able to get a hold of.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
...Wait, was that leak actually someone's effort to be taken seriously? It was so poorly made, I thought for sure it was a joke...

Opossum

Thread Title Changer
BRoomer
NNID
OpossumGuy
3DS FC
4742-4911-3431
Switch FC
SW 2859 6322 5208
I should remind all of you that purposely posting joke leaks is not allowed in this thread. Infractions will be given out if it persists.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
If you guys noticed, I'm a big fire emblem fan. Have there been any Chrom leaked photos or text? (As in someone talking about him)
So many of the fake leakers put him in their text "leak" just because he's so likely, but we haven't gotten anything believable yet.

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Well, you see, I was saying that he was talking about reps that are more relevant than Palutena, so I used his support thread for Tortimer to show that he doesn't know what he's talking about when it comes to reps.
having a SUPPORT thread for a character is no indication of whether that poster believes the character likely to appear, they're simply suggesting why the character should and offering a point for discussion on that topic, entirely irrelevant to their thoughts on leaks

SegaNintendoUbisoft

The Amateur Artist
NNID
S.N.U0203
3DS FC
4725-8740-7336
If Nintendo bought Atlus when they were up for auction, I could see it happening.

Zynux

Smash Lord
That Palutena picture that someone posted a while back was pretty disappointing. Gave too many "what ifs" and some plausible suggestions, sure, but nothing of absolute. Not enough to change my opinion that she's pretty likely (though of course I'm keeping my expectations way low). Still interesting analyze though.

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That Palutena picture that someone posted a while back was pretty disappointing. Gave too many "what ifs" and some plausible suggestions, sure, but nothing of absolute. Not enough to change my opinion that she's pretty likely (though of course I'm keeping my expectations way low). Still interesting analyze though.
But if everything about the leak was set in absolutes, that would ruin the fun of discussing it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom