• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
To be honest I thought about the same thing too, but I don't think that's enough too disprove it, seems so vague and specific
Well, the other two thing I can note is.
It's clearly not a screencap. There's visible lines not to mention two vertical bars.
So it's a little harder to put photoshop on it.

Also, while I haven't played Xenoblade, I know it's a 3D game.
This, on the other hand, looks more like a model built for a 2D game.

The only think that irks me is the outline.
But other than that, not half-bad.
I'll give it 4/5 stars

I love how every character "leak" photo is conveniently located on battlefield...
Maybe it's a popular tourist trap.
You don't know that.

Holy ballz. Looks like we have, a legit leak in our hands. O.O
But it comes from 4chan, I'm not so sure about this.
Though the outline feels too dark.
To 50 pages?

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
I don't know if this has been posted, but this supposedly came from 4chan:

edit: nvm someone beat me to it

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
Well the outlines seem to blend in with the environment thus making them change around a bit. There isn't anything that "breaks" the outline of Shulk in the background really.

Edit: Ignore this.

Last edited:

Staarih

Smash Master
This has probably been discussed here but why do you think all of these image "leaks" seem to always be of the 3DS version? Is it because of the Palutena leak or are they just easier to fake with outlines and all that?

Last edited:

The Nerd

Smash Journeyman
The background on that image doesn't make a whole lot of sense either; the piece of architecture is from the right side of the stage but the actual background looks as if he's centered in the middle. Looking at other, legit images, it appears that the background doesn't follow the focus around all that much, so there's no real way you could get the angle presented without being in pause and rotating the camera quite a bit. IF that's what's happened here, then why is Shulk still dead on? Definitely fake, but more convincing than average.

I think the 3DS gets more fake image leaks because it's easier to photoshop lower-res things. In a Wii U version the higher level of detail makes photoshopping much harder, and on top of that subtle perspective shifts become nightmarish, so you'll be stuck using a pre-existing background. Also the outlines are helpful. :D

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
This has probably been discussed here but why do you think all of these image "leaks" seem to always be of the 3DS version? Is it because of the Palutena leak or are they just easier to fake with outlines and all that?
Maybe something about recording from the Wii U version is more secure than the 3DS version.

M23-X0

Smash Journeyman
Actually, a fake leak will be more believable in 3DS rather than Wii U, because of less work (3D model, texture...).

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Pic isn't showing up for me. What is it?

Shulk has a lot going for him.
I wouldn't exactly mind him, I don't know much about him but at least he's from a unique series. I just don't expect him for a minute due to his franchise being so obscure and little known.

I think it's definitely because they're easier to pass off as real.

egaddmario

Smash Champion
NNID
egaddmario
3DS FC
0946-2409-3627
I'm so sad. My heart skipped a beat. I really want Shulk :c

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I hate when sometimes believable pic leaks get shot down in like 3 or 4 posts.

It's like crashing from a sugar high. **** sucks.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
RUMOR HAS IT THAT KOJIMA JUST COUNTED SNAKE OUT FOR AN APPEARANCE IN SMASH 4.
I learned about this rumor from Mofat's TP speedrun stream, where another streamer linked me to the live interview with Hideo Kojima. I asked around in chat and they all assented that Kojima did indeed say no Snake in Smash 4.
Here's the stream link, which should have a video up after the broadcast: http://www.twitch.tv/konami

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I learned about this rumor from Mofat's TP speedrun stream, where another streamer linked me to the live interview with Hideo Kojima. I asked around in chat and they all assented that Kojima did indeed say no Snake in Smash 4.
Here's the stream link, which should have a video up after the broadcast: http://www.twitch.tv/konami
No Snake? Uh ohs.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well, that was short lived and easily destroyed. Too bad, oh well the wait and see continues yet again.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Are you sure?

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
I saw it and it looked really confusing. I definitely need to see it again to figure out what he's saying.
Yeah, we definitely need to look at it again after the interview is over.
(Twitch automatically puts up sessions for re-watching after the streaming session is over.)

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
According to GameFAQs.
He said he "isn't sure", but would like him back.

So, it wasn't a "yes" nor a "no".

Last edited:

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
I'm honestly not surprised by the idea of Snake being cut given the complications involved with third parties, but yes we do need to hear it more quickly in order to know it for certainity.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I'm probably gonna be beaten for this, but.. I kinda hope it's true. I always felt like Snake felt out of place in Brawl. He was a cool character, and fun to play, but grenades? Rocket launchers? It just didn't seem to fit with the Nintendo world.

Jaedrik

Man-at-Arms-at-Keyboard
According to GameFAQs.
He said he "isn't sure", but would like him back.

So, it wasn't a "yes" nor a "no".
If he isn't in by this point, or if Sakurai didn't contact him, even if he's not even sure, I'd say he's done for!
But thanks for the "isn't sure".

Staarih

Smash Master
How can he not be sure? Either he wasn't, indeed, contacted by Sakurai (so Snake's not in) or then he just gave a very vague answer not to spoil anything. Hmm.

Last edited:

Shin F.

Smash Master
I wouldn't exactly mind him, I don't know much about him but at least he's from a unique series. I just don't expect him for a minute due to his franchise being so obscure and little known.
ROB. Ice Climbers. Mr. Game & Watch. Ness & Lucas.

Obscurity is a non-factor and even if it was, Xenoblade isn't that obscure. Many people know it from Operation Rainfall if nothing else. That's where I heard about it before I actually got the game.

Last edited:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
It is Kojima though. Doesn't he have a reputation for being a bit of a troll/tease?
He made an entirely separate game studios called moby **** studios and announced a game called phantom pain, just so his fans could put the puzzle pieces together and find out that it's a metal gear game.

Kojima is a master of ruses and deception, don't doubt him for a minute. (I'd say he's even more of a troll than Sakurai.)

edit: seriously? It's the whale for gods sake.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom