• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

kylexv

Smash Master
You know, in regards to the leaks that claim Diddy will be partnered with Dixie, if Diddy happens to be revealed tomorrow without Dixie, will that kill all those leaks? And how many of those leaks are there?
No, it won't. Just because we got Zelda without Sheik doesn't mean Sheik is deconfirmed.

fill

20EggsEggs
Though what I don't get is why Dr. Mario and Mewtwo are newcomers.

Wouldn't they be veterans?
i think he's referencing it since they would be coming back
But then they'd be under "Veterans".
Newcomers imply a character that hasn't been in any of the other games. They have.
i get what your saying and if i would have made the post myself i would have put the info up differently im just giving an excuse as to maybe why it was done the way it was

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Though what I don't get is why Dr. Mario and Mewtwo are newcomers.

Wouldn't they be veterans?
Well, he listed Dr. Mario as an alt costume. That's something new, at least. I don't understand Mewtwo being listed as a newcomer, though.

((also I've started to color my text but that's irrelevant))

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
No, it won't. Just because we got Zelda without Sheik doesn't mean Sheik is deconfirmed.
Well, unless the Diddy/Dixie tag team is more along the lines of the Ice Climbers, in which case they'd both be consistently present on the stage.

I guess a switch off mechanic could be used, but then if we see Diddy's bananas return, then I would think we could rule out that possibility.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if the date is correct, this guy knows what's up.
Gotta say I made they exact same fanroster last year close after the rosalina reveal except I kept dixie separate from diddy. That roster is such a crowd pleaser that it's no doubt made by someone that visits this forum. Oh well, we can always dream right.

edit:
Oh, I didn't spot the date on there. Something tells me someone messed with that date though. Do we have any record of that leak before the Rosalina reveal?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Something tells me that he put Rosalina & Luma was put there to make it valid, then he put the safest newcomers imaginable to make it seem real. Or it was just simply edited. :p
But how is that possible? This post was supposedly made before Rosaluma was even hinted at.

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
Where is the link for the post in that screen shot? With a link, it is possible to check if the post was edited or not.

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but if the date is correct, this guy knows what's up.
I remain skeptic. There's no link as you stated, and it's just too easy to fake. All you have to do is hit the PrtSc key on your keyboard when you are looking at a post on any place on the Internet, open up Microsoft Paint, then hit Paste, then play around with the Select Box and Text Box tools to delete the original text and type in new text, so long as the font you use is consistent with the font used on that website. Me and my friends on Facebook often fool around taking celebrities Twitter tweets and editing the tweets by making them say stupid things, then telling each other they were deleted tweets from such and such a celebrity. All for laughs between the two of us of course.

Point is, if I wanted to make a leak stating that Peter Cullen, Neil Ross, Judd Nelson and Susan Blu all knew who was gonna be in Smash Bros because they were hired to voice the characters and tweeted so, I could, and it wouldn't be that difficult. It... wouldn't be very believable but it wouldn't be difficult either.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649

Why is the word July so messed up?

I want this leak to be legit (except for the fact that there is no Vaati), but it seems to good to be true.

odie-itachi

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
4356-0156-3436
I'd be more than happy with this roster.
Me too, i would just change Tingle for Girahim and that would be the exact same roster from the Translator leak that I was so hyped about and wich I believe it's not that irreal (like the cloud or goku leaks/wishlists)

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I dunno, but not giving a link at all leads to my suspicion that it's fake.
Well, yeah, I ain't exactly buying it either, but none of the newcomers besides who was revealed at E3 were shown at the time this leak was apparently made.

i feel like we have another good leak now, sorry for all the palutena pic fans but i was tired of that one
Yeah, despite my love for Lady Palutena, I was kinda getting tired of it too.

Last edited:

Gabeking54

Smash Journeyman

I'm betting she faked this... On her profile her birthday is January 14, same as Zero's "member since" date. Good try though lol

Last edited:

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace
I'm betting she faked this... On her profile her birthday is January 14, same as "Zero's" (dead giveaway?) join date. Good try though lol
Lol, nice catch. But yeah, I remember that topic now from Gamefaqs. It was made about a month or so ago. Everyone tore that person to shreds when they couldn't remember the site name. Also there's the whole issue of only that person seeing that leak despite it apparently being made prior to E3? Sorry, but if that was real it would have gotten a lot more exposure like the other pre-E3 leak.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Prince Sable is reminding me a lot of Rawk Hawk and Tatanga back in the pre-Brawl days. As a joke, a bunch of people on GameFaqs started talking about these characters as if they were major famous potential newcomers, and the newbies all fell for it, spreading it throughout the Smash community. For the longest time, whenever people would make their character wishlists, they'd include at least one of these characters lest they'd be flamed for not doing so.

This time, after a few obviously false leakers started including Prince Sable, now just about every leak since does as well. I suspect it's either some conspiracy/joke or that these leakers are all newbies imitating others because they actually think he is a big expected newcomer.

Or maybe he's actually playable.

Last edited:

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Nope. Which is why I'm still on the fence with this. It could be an edit, then again, it could not be. So I'll just leave it here to be jabbed at a bit until we get more character reveals.
Yeah it makes for fun speculation definitely, I'm leaning more towards fake though as while I'd love this it'd be pretty easy to edit a post and pass it off.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392

Interesting...

He even guessed the Luma part...

Any way of knowing if this is true?

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Prince Sable is reminding me a lot of Rawk Hawk and Tatanga back in the pre-Brawl days. As a joke, a bunch of people on GameFaqs started talking about these characters as if they were major famous potential newcomers, and the newbies all fell for it, spreading it throughout the Smash community. For the longest time, whenever people would make their character wishlists, they'd include at least one of these characters lest they'd be flamed for not doing so.

This time, after a few obviously false leakers started including Prince Sable, now just about every leak since does as well. I suspect it's either some conspiracy/joke or that these leakers are all newbies imitating others because they actually think he is a big expected newcomer.

Or maybe he's actually playable.
Except he's not a minor character of a series at all. Prince Sable is it's own IP that could very well be picked for revival, he's not exactly a joke character of sorts. :p

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Interesting...

Depends...
The time slot says it was in July. If this post is to be considered legit.
Then we need to make sure the time matches.
But first, where is it from?

Last edited:

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Interesting...

It's a conspiracy! They guessed obscure details! Is this real? Is this fake? Find out next time, folks!

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
That's a Neogaf page right?

Can we just check this person's record there?

Mdilly99

Smash Journeyman
Lol, nice catch. But yeah, I remember that topic now from Gamefaqs. It was made about a month or so ago. Everyone tore that person to shreds when they couldn't remember the site name. Also there's the whole issue of only that person seeing that leak despite it apparently being made prior to E3? Sorry, but if that was real it would have gotten a lot more exposure like the other pre-E3 leak.
Where'd you find your profile pic? If you dont mind me asking.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
I thought this thread was so up to date that we would have all the potential leaks on standby so we could just dismiss this leak because we have no data about this leak prior to all these reveals. I'm at disappoint smashboards.

Grimnir

Smash Apprentice
Except he's not a minor character of a series at all. Prince Sable is it's own IP that could very well be picked for revival, he's not exactly a joke character of sorts. :p
I never said he was. The point is he never really got much attention from the community until he started being featured in leaks. The first I believe was the proven false bad Japanese leak on 4chan. I know you love this character but let's keep our expectations reasonable.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I never said he was. The point is he never really got much attention from the community until he started being featured in leaks. The first I believe was the proven false bad Japanese leak on 4chan. I know you love this character but let's keep our expectations reasonable.
I've been keeping them with grains since. :p
But all this Sable talk is really making my hopes and confidence go up a high level. O.o

The way he has the Brawl veterans in order of the character select screen (by columns) leads me to think he's someone intimately familiar with Brawl and thus more likely to be a fan fabricating a list than he is to be a professional with insider knowledge of SSB4.

Also, the order of the newcomers is suspect. Villager through Rosalina are in order of revelation, but then there's the Diddy and Dixie team before Little Mac. I think what he's trying to get us to believe is that the Kongs were meant to be revealed on Valentine's Day but were swapped out for Little Mac for some obscure reason. Just strange things like this to make us scratch our heads are supposed to lend credence, but it really just makes me doubt it more.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I thought that leak was deemed fake long ago? Considering the blatant odd white box (halfway down), the unaligned letters, words, and the fact that even a cached version of the post has yet to bet found. There's even an obvious white box edit right after the U in July.

Last edited:

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
Dudes, the picture's edited. You can clearly see two mistakes:

1. The "y" in "July" drags into the time (10:44 AM). Zoom in and you'll barely be able to see only a few pixels that actually connect the two. Suspicious? Yeah, a bit.
2. To the left of King Dedede and Meta Knight, you can see a white block taken out of the background. This seems odd, but how would that block just be a bug with the forum this guy posted in? This is definitely edited.

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman
My 2 cents on this. If a leak claims to be made on a certain date it either has to be recent or have to be proved to be made on that exact date, otherwise the leak should be deemed false.

It's kinda obvious that it's fake though, so why are we still on this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom