• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmashChu

Banned via Warnings
According to him

Everything's different on falco except the top of his head

Differences is the following

1. The leak picture i smiling the brawl model is not
  2. His pupils are smaller in the leak picture just like all of the other characters who got smaller pupils for higher emotions
  3. The lines that border his eyes are smaller than the brawl one (and makes his eyes look less girly)
  4. His headgear is less detailed (aka not as real world like just like sakurai did with Mario's pants)
  5. On the bottom of his head (not the top part) the feathers are much easier to notice than the brawl model
  6. The jacket on the leak and brawl models there is some difference
  7. The most obvious is his neck is much better than the brawl model (theres even a neck sleeve in his red shirt when the brawl one does not).
That what he caught that I can see anyway
Probably fake then. Most of those wouldn't be hard in a bit of photoshop. The fact that it is very similar to the Brawl model should raise red flags. There is also the fact that this was this was just the characters boxes, so you can hide other details and it's easy to put this in.

Also, if Falco was put up early by accident, wouldn't there be more pictures. Did only one guy catch this, and then he didn't bother grabbing the other pictures before it went down.

LoneKonWolf

Lazy Lonely Lurker☕
With all the evidence being against you? How uncouth...
:squirtle::squirtle::squirtle:I HAVE LE LAWYER ULTIMATE ON MY SIDE! TAKE THAT!!!:squirtle::squirtle::squirtle:

off topic humongous

I recommend you two keep your off topic shenanigans somewhere else,
so this thread doesn't feel anymore heat for the moderators,

now i'm sure that i'm not the only one to ask,
but is it possible we can debunk the falco photo,

or will it just be lost in the sea of unconfirmed leaks,
just like the swirls of foam in a cup of coffee

but seriously is it possible to debunk this in its current state?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Mario 3D World
Link Between Worlds
There are two big releases, they could have revealed characters pertaining to those releases.
I thought Peach was revealed in Nov...
There wouldn't be, but I do consider it unusual to reveal him right now when Diddy (or a newcomer) are believed to be right around the corner.
Diddy first please.

Also, why do you both have tree Lucario?

Protom

Smash Lord
NNID
Toonfearow
3DS FC
1521-4412-3019
Mario 3D World
Link Between Worlds
There are two big releases, they could have revealed characters pertaining to those releases.
Mario 3d world we got that great pic of mario luigi peach and toad on the galaxy stage. Remember?
the dissapointment and tears we had...

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
This could easily be Brawl's model touched-up in Photoshop and I truly believe it is.
• Next to notice is where he is facing, away from the viewer. Others may not focus on the screen, but they are still partially looking at the screen. Falco seems to be entirely facing away from the viewer, he's not even looking at us. I'd imagine the trend to continue with other playable character renders.
Just saying that this is not an entirely valid point.

These characters aren't looking in our direction. Other characters may be faced towards us, but they're not looking at us.

Also, Falco has never particularly faced us before. Just something to note:

Also, when we do get Falco, he might look more closely to this:

Or I'm completely wrong and Sakurai will keep him as he was in Brawl. Who knows?

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
(sorry if this has been posted before. don't feel like browsing 30 pages...)

Hmm...
It was.

Just saying that this is not an entirely valid point.

These characters aren't looking in our direction. Other characters may be faced towards us, but they're not looking at us.

Also, Falco has never particularly faced us before. Just something to note:

Also, when we do get Falco, he might look more closely to this:

Or I'm completely wrong and Sakurai will keep him as he was in Brawl. Who knows?
Odds are, since Fox was kept the same way, Falco won't change.

**** you.
You're about 50 or so pages late on that remark, sir.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Also, somebody call splat here to analyze the Falco leak.
(Unless he already did and I missed it.)

Last edited:

Nightmare™

Smash Ace
It was.

Odds are, since Fox was kept the same way, Falco won't change.

You're about 50 or so pages late on that remark, sir.

Also, somebody call splat here to analyze this leak.

(Unless he already did and I missed it.)
I barely come on this site lol and I saw that idiot reply to me. He's butthurt because I said King k wont be in lol. Anyways Falco Leak : O?! not surprised he has to be in

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@ AEMehr AEMehr There are a bunch of characters who aren't looking at the screen though. Mega Man, Luigi and Wii Fit Trainer (who is barely facing the screen) for example.
I pointed that out in my analysis.
• Next to notice is where he is facing, away from the viewer. Others may not focus on the screen, but they are still partially looking at the screen. Falco seems to be entirely facing away from the viewer, he's not even looking at us. I'd imagine the trend to continue with other playable character renders.
And who's to say the position of the model is exactly in the same position as the Brawl model? Assuming something doesn't really make it fake (or less believable).
I suppose this is partially true... But after looking at this again, I've found conclusive evidence that this is in fact a fake.
The problem isn't Falco, it's the webpage itself.

You can clearly see an arrow present at the top left of this image, normally you'd press this to move onto the next fighter. But in the same image, there is no arrow present next to Falco to proceed into the next batch of fighters. Also underneath the fighters, the three circles show how many character columns their currently are. If you were able to go forward, as the arrow at the top left suggests there would have to be a fourth batch of fighters for their to be a fourth column. This image does not show that either.
Now if you would go to Lucario's current character page...
http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/lucario.html
Lucario has no arrow next to the link that returns you back to the main page OR next to his image among the other fighters.

I'm 100% certain now that this is a fake. If this really was a screen cap of the actual website, this glaring contradiction wouldn't have existed in the first place.

What do you guys have to say to detest this?

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
New poster, been following the thread since the Palutena leak, hi everyone!

Now, onto the Falco rumor, I find it interesting people are comparing it to Brawl and saying it's way too similar. It was posted earlier that fox has the same deal going on, plus Falco's artwork does match the same style as the official artwork. Plus, that comparison picture isn't the full artwork - The leak picture was rotated slightly.

That being said, I find it hard to believe that an accidental update to the page happened, but IMO there isn't a definitive way to disprove the Falco leak. When he gets revealed then we'll know, until then it's just a leak like all the others.

EDIT: And as soon as I post this, someone finds a way to disprove it. Nice job lol

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I would like to mention that this thread is primarily for the discussion of potential rumors and leaks that have surfaced around the internet and the greater Smash community. However, the discussion of creating fake leaks and rumors to spread to other forums/sites is discouraged. Discussing the leaks creation, spreading the leak out, and potentially having it come back to Smashboards makes this community look bad. If you want to create a leak, discuss it privately via PM or make sure that any relation between the leak and Smashboards is removed.

I don't think this has been a HUGE problem with this thread but it has been brought to the attention of the mods.

New poster, been following the thread since the Palutena leak, hi everyone!

Now, onto the Falco rumor, I find it interesting people are comparing it to Brawl and saying it's way too similar. It was posted earlier that fox has the same deal going on, plus Falco's artwork does match the same style as the official artwork. Plus, that comparison picture isn't the full artwork - The leak picture was rotated slightly.

That being said, I find it hard to believe that an accidental update to the page happened, but IMO there isn't a definitive way to disprove the Falco leak. When he gets revealed then we'll know, until then it's just a leak like all the others.

EDIT: And as soon as I post this, someone finds a way to disprove it. Nice job lol

Welcome! If you have any questions, please private message any of the mods. The users are nice and helpful as well so don't be afraid to ask a question.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

I suppose this is partially true... But after looking at this again, I've found conclusive evidence that this in fact a fake.

You can clearly see an arrow present at the top left of this image, normally you'd press this to move onto the next fighter. But in the same image, there is no arrow present next to Falco to proceed into the next batch of fighters. Also underneath the fighters, the three circles show how many character columns their currently are. If you were able to go forward, as the arrow at the top left suggests there would have to be a fourth batch of fighters for their to be a fourth column. This image does not show that either.
Lucario has no arrow next to the link that returns you back to the main page OR next to his image among the other fighters.

I'm 100% certain now that this is a fake. If this really was a screen cap of the actual website, these glaring contradictions wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Welp, that ended quickly...
...So, how 'bout that weather?

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
We can't really debunk this until Falco is revealed, but I'm not believing it.
Why just leak the bottom of the website? Why not the whole page? Why not the whole picture and not only the head area?
This is why didn't believe the Slime leak. I would probably believe a highly detailed Chrom or Ridley rather than the highly simplistic one-color Slime.

Starphoenix

How Long Have I Been Asleep?
NNID
GalaxyPhoenix
3DS FC
2122-6914-9465
Sometimes, I come to this thread, and the first thing that pops into my mind is the scene from the academic decathlon in Billy Madison. You all only have to wait another week before we get our next character reveal, and it won't be Falco.

Last edited:

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
@ AEMehr AEMehr Nice analysis! The only thing that would make sense now is if when programming a new fighter onto the website the arrows are present on both sides until fixed by the programmer. Which couldn't possibly be proven (assuming they use a template for each fighter). So while your analysis does probably debunk the picture there still isn't a way to completely debunk the Falco render. (And sorry to revisit a previously argued point, but there is no denying Wii Fit Trainer is not looking at the screen in any way. Unless of course you are primarily referring to her head position) which doesn't necessarily define "looking" at something)

Mike_Tha_Hero

Smash Cadet
NNID
mikexxieaf
If someone was going to take a shot at faking a character leak they wouldn't choose Falco lol.

This is most likely real. His reveal was only a matter of time anyway.

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845

I suppose this is partially true... But after looking at this again, I've found conclusive evidence that this is in fact a fake.

I'm 100% certain now that this is a fake. If this really was a screen cap of the actual website, this glaring contradiction wouldn't have existed in the first place.

Well, that's some of the most decisive evidence that I've ever been presented.

I now declare this:

of being fake

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
If someone was going to take a shot at faking a character leak they wouldn't choose Falco lol.

This is most likely real. His reveal was only a matter of time anyway.
Good point, except that I have seen my fair share of Ness and Jigglypuff 'leaks."

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
@ AEMehr AEMehr Nice analysis! The only thing that would make sense now is if when programming a new fighter onto the website the arrows are present on both sides until fixed by the programmer. Which couldn't possibly be proven (assuming they use a template for each fighter). So while your analysis does probably debunk the picture there still isn't a way to completely debunk the Falco render. (And sorry to revisit a previously argued point, but there is no denying Wii Fit Trainer is not looking at the screen in any way. Unless of course you are primarily referring to her head position) which doesn't necessarily define "looking" at something)
Well I suppose where he's looking shouldn't matter as much as I made it sound, but yes to Wii Fit Trainer. I was referring more to how everybody's head is facing the viewer more than not at all like Falco is doing here.
As for disproving the render, I think is the best way to do so (This was previously posted, as you may already know).

I mean if we are willing to accept that the previously posted "leak" with the "unique" Diddy Kong render was fake (since it's been suggested and agreed as proven) due to it being a combination of two different pieces of artwork edited together, it's not impossible for this pose (Falco's Back-Air) to be the original source with major modifications to the image (Just like with Diddy Kong).

insomniac19

Smash Journeyman
I mean if we are willing to accept that the previously posted "leak" with the "unique" Diddy Kong render was fake (since it's been suggested and agreed as proven) due to it being a combination of two different pieces of artwork edited together, it's not impossible for this pose (Falco's Back-Air) to be the original source with major modifications to the image (Just like with Diddy Kong).
That's a valid point. I suppose we'll have to wait for Falco's official confirmation to completely debunk this. Although even if it is fake I don't expect Falco to not be in Smash 4.

sorasin

Smash Apprentice
This doesn't prove/disprove anything, but I noticed that the border at the top was a color not used for any other character on the official website. The closest one it comes to is Fox's (maybe a photoshopper would want to try to tie it in with Star Fox colors?), but even then it's still a darker blue.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I think people see unique renders/images and aren't sure what to make of them.
Just shows that people tend to actually try with fake leaks sometimes.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

You are completely wrong in your assumptions on the webpage. And I have evidence to prove it!

You see, your claims only work if the person who leaked this was on Falco's page on the website. However, it's entirely possible that they are not. I personally think this color of that page matches up with Fox's. Not exactly, but it's a very close match.

Tell me! Would your evidence on the contradictions in the webpage work if the person who leaked were on someone's else's part of the website, and simply saw Falco's character page shown on the bottom of the screen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom