• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrusherMania1592

Deaf Smasher
Premium
3DS FC
5472-7454-3545
The question then becomes: How many characters should we really expect in SSB4? Some of these "leaked'' rosters appear to have an extensive amount of characters, so I was sorta curious on what you guys thought. How many new character slots (on CSS) should we expect to have? I was thinking adding a whole extra row on to the SSBB CSS.
I wanna say between 45 and 50. The question is, how many would Sakurai actually have the time to develop?

RedHotRubberDucky

Smash Cadet
I saw some leaked documents (Don't ask me where) and according to the documents, Linsey Stirling did some of the music in the game. By doing the music, it said she secured her spot as a secret newcomer. She will apparently play closely to Link. Thoughts?

Morbi

Scavenger
Okay, better version: How many characters will we get if the game is released in 2014?
Only Sakurai knows the answer to that question... and even then, he probably doesn't actually know the answer either. I mean, 10 newcomers on top of Brawl (if Brawl had included Mewtwo) is already a 25% roster increase. He probably isn't going to exceed that number by too much. So, about 6 more newcomers are left (if we are to receive no cuts).

That is disturbing. Only 6 more... unless he opts to go crazy with newcomers for some reason (despite 39 being that feasible number).

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Only Sakurai knows the answer to that question... and even then, he probably doesn't actually know the answer either. I mean, 10 newcomers on top of Brawl (if Brawl had included Mewtwo) is already a 25% roster increase. He probably isn't going to exceed that number by too much. So, about 6 more newcomers are left (if we are to receive no cuts).

That is disturbing. Only 6 more... unless he opts to go crazy with newcomers for some reason (despite 39 being that feasible number).
I honestly could see fifty this time. He's clearly working hard as hell on this game.

I saw some leaked documents (Don't ask me where) and according to the documents, Linsey Stirling did some of the music in the game. By doing the music, it said she secured her spot as a secret newcomer. She will apparently play closely to Link. Thoughts?

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
But he isn't crazy enough to have more than one third party rep in a game. I don't even think Namco will even get one, since Pacman can't even really do much. Just look at the Tekken X SF game.

And if you think he's just so darn crazy, why do you bother in playing his games?
Plenty of crazy people make amazing art/entertainment. That's what it takes. But I can also realize that often he just says or does things that make no sense. Like adding tripping to a fighting game. :/
Also, I think that newcomer Naruto image leak is probably more legitimate than the palutena one. Get ready guys. Naruto is in Smash 4. It's gonna be snake levels of rage, disappointment, and excitement. The boards will die.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord

I would say maybe 10-11 yeah, not including transformation characters (if there are any) and etc. Ok, that might leave us something like this for the other 6-7 if I go off popular choices and such:

1.) Palutena
2.) Takamaru
3.) Little Mac
4.) Shulk
5.) Chrom (and Lucina or other, since duo is speculated)
6.) *Insert unexpected character here*
7.) Maybe Ridley, Mii, Dixie, or another character that is a fan favorite or highly speculated

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I would say maybe 10-11 yeah, not including transformation characters (if there are any) and etc. Ok, that might leave us something like this for the other 6-7 if I go off popular choices and such:

1.) Palutena
2.) Takamaru
3.) Little Mac
4.) Shulk
6.) Ghirahim
7.) Ridley
There ya go, pal.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I still say some newcomers will be revealed with no Direct. I mean, think about it. First, a newcomer is revealed on the Direct, and then right after, plastered on the website. Why not cut out the middle man and put them directly on the website? News about the newcomer would get out just as fast, if not slightly quicker.
I wish some characters would get revealed not in directs
Personally I'm expecting a 42 or 43 character roster, not counting transformations.
Thats horrible. I wait 2+ years for only like 7 more characters from brawl
Im thinking like 10 or so if they cut Ike, Snake, Pkm Trainer, Lucario, Lucas, Wolf, and Rob. I know not all of them would be cut but for the sake of discussion lets say 4 from this list get cut. Obviously people are leaking a lot of new comers so that doesnt give much room for veterans. Yea probably a row is good.
only plausible cuts are PKMN trainer and snake
The real question is, how much does he want to develop. He has time to develop a roster of 78 characters (if he so chooses). They would just have to delay the game for a few years. :awesome:
Hes been working on the game since feb 2012 and he isnt doing an sse type story so whats the excuse?

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

I "predict" that Zero Suit Samus has been cut, and that Ike and Lucario's movesets have been incorporated into other characters. I "predict" that Snake never had a chance of being in the game. and i "predict" that Diddy and Dixie are independent, and one stays in the background while the other fights

I would "predict" that Shulk will debut in January 30. I also "predict" that there's a very good reason for his reveal.

I "predict" that there will be a Xenoblade Chronicles stage called Raguel Bridge. I'm sorry but I don't have any "predictions" about the game's soundtrack, but you can bet that if the song is popular and from a Nintendo game you'll hear it.

I agree that Snake should stay, I loved playing as him. I "predict" that any cuts are not a result of trimming down the roster but are due to time constraints. The game has a very short dev period.

I "predict" that while Pokemon Trainer uses Greninja, Quilladin, and Fennekin, the Pokemon Master uses Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

I "predict" that there is going to be customization on a mechanical level, but not the details. In the 3DS version, characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager can have their appearances customized. Not all characters have this, but every character has alt. costumes.

I would "predict" that the Wii U version will use special NFC trading cards featuring fighters, locales, and assist trophies for fun mini-games.

I would also "predict" that the Wii U version has some GamePad mini-games, while the 3DS version has some AR functionality using the same cards.

We got this thing that seems to be a result of boredom. Speculate away
A pkmn MASTER having a first stage and base stage pkmn? Confirmed fake LOL :troll:

And greninja being regulated to a kalos trainer?

tobey-maguire-crying.gif

Last edited:

TewnLeenk

Can pick up a boulder with relative ease
BRoomer
This leak is dirty trailer park garbage. The only reveal I can see happening on January 30th are the Ice Climbers, for 2 very logical reasons:

1) It's the anniversary of their NES game.

2) It's cold as f*ck here in Canada.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493

1.) Palutena
2.) Takamaru
3.) Little Mac
4.) Shulk
6.) *Insert unexpected character here*
7.) Maybe Ridley, Mii, Dixie, or another character that is a fan favorite or highly speculated
Honestly, I'm fine with everything on this list. As long as we get the first 5, and at least ONE DKC character that's highly requested (As in Dixie/K. Rool) I'm fine.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
[Looking at this thread for the first time]
Oh, come on. None of these rumors in OP are even a tiny bit believable.
They are ridiculous. I can say with 90% certainty that none of the rumors are true.
I wish everyone involved in Smash speculation had this line of thinking.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
It's definitely true about written leaks. Given enough thought they're easier to convincingly fake than anything I could tell you all about myself right now.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
well if people really only expects 10 then the roster will be pretty disappointing considering the very believable leaks.

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
9) prob a dk rep dixie kong
10) ??

Sonicthesneak

Smash Ace
well if people really only expects 10 then the roster will be pretty disappointing considering the very believable leaks.

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
I agree. Considering the 10th person will be the FE:A rep... the roster makes me feel like something is missing. I don't want to hop aboard the Gloom Train... but those 10 newcomers are not satisfying. I mean unless we got all of the removed characters from Melee or something crazy like that. Not to mention that with the Feared 10 that you have mentioned... only Megaman, Little Mac and the FE:A rep that I'm assuming would be # 10 interest me.

It's scary. I don't like it. :/ I hope that I am wrong. Dead wrong.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
Yeah, if it goes down like that Mega Man will be the only newcomer I'd like (unless the DK rep is K. Rool) which is extremely anticlimatic in comparison to Brawl's godlike newcomer cast. Would be pretty lame if 80% of all the newcomers all looked like humans (Pac-Man and DK rep being the exceptions), that's not the kind of creativity I usually praise Nintendo for.

deebeethedeity

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1306-6746-5618
I concur.

No ridley or k. Rool is disappointing.

Ik he wants uniqueness but neglecting fan favorites who COULD be unique for other characters that arent that interesting is kinda dumb imo

Idk to me peeps like rosalina seem forced

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
I was sceptical about believing the Palutena leak (as much as I want to believe that it's real), but this post from jayman7 on GameFAQS concerning her staff has only increased my scepticism:

Hold the phone.

I just noticed something really, really odd about this, linked from another topic:

http://imgur.com/6iTuzEm

I checked to be sure I wasn't imagining it, and... well, take this:

http://imgur.com/a/Berq5

And this:

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120627193955/kidicarus/images/d/dd/PalutenaBrawl.png

Both pictures are holding the staff at the exact same angle. Really, paste one over the other if you don't believe me. They're perfectly parallel. Expand the second picture's staff to 185% or so size and it almost lines right up at the top (but not quite the bottom, as the Smash 4 staff is longer), too.

That's... I don't know what that is. It's not proof of anything. But it's yet another thing that's suspicious.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
When you put it down like that...yeah, that does look disappointing.

I get the feeling the backlash against Mii and Wii Fit Trainer will be considerably higher than the BS R.O.B. had to deal with if this is the final newcomer roster.

R.O.B at least had Diddy, Wario, King Dedede, Metaknight, Pokemon Trainer with the most popular Pokemon of all time and Sonic the Hedgehog to cushion the disappointment of those who raged.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I was sceptical about believing the Palutena leak (as much as I want to believe that it's real), but this post from jayman7 on GameFAQS concerning her staff has only increased my scepticism:

Hold the phone.

I just noticed something really, really odd about this, linked from another topic:

http://imgur.com/6iTuzEm

I checked to be sure I wasn't imagining it, and... well, take this:

http://imgur.com/a/Berq5

And this:

http://static4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20120627193955/kidicarus/images/d/dd/PalutenaBrawl.png

Both pictures are holding the staff at the exact same angle. Really, paste one over the other if you don't believe me. They're perfectly parallel. Expand the second picture's staff to 185% or so size and it almost lines right up at the top (but not quite the bottom, as the Smash 4 staff is longer), too.

That's... I don't know what that is. It's not proof of anything. But it's yet another thing that's suspicious.

Even if it was a copy/paste wouldn't the person making the leak just simply turn the staff to go straight or some other direction? I mean I'm sure it would be easy for him to just turn it right?
But since its not turned you think it's fake huh? Well that's pretty interesting. the leaked staff has more curves than the brawl one though. Even if it is the sesame angle they don't look 100% similar. but maybe that's the trick. Oh well

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
Dixie would suck because then it's three apes... give us King K. Rool for the diversity...

Motor Bug2005

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MotorBug2005
Even if it was a copy/paste wouldn't the person making the leak just simply turn the staff to go straight or some other direction? I mean I'm sure it would be easy for him to just turn it right?
But since its not turned you think it's fake huh? Well that's pretty interesting. the leaked staff has more curves than the brawl one though. Even if it is the sesame angle they don't look 100% similar. but maybe that's the trick. Oh well
You make a good counterpoint, kudos to you. BTW, I've noticed that in the leak photos, Palutena's staff seems to be the same length as the one in her Brawl model. I've never played KI:U but am I right in saying that in that game, the staff is almost as tall as her?

Ryuma

Smash Rookie
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing only 10 newcomers if Sakurai had changed the veterans more. I mean look at Toon Link, he is still a clone and other characters look like they were just copied over from Brawl.
But I still hope for a new Ganondorf moveset!

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
That roster seems pretty reasonable to me. Sakurai already said he's not too worried about adding characters and more focused on game balance. Sure I could nitpick and say "get mii and pac man out! Put Krystal and Isaac in!" But that would be pretty greedy

You make a good counterpoint, kudos to you. BTW, I've noticed that in the leak photos, Palutena's staff seems to be the same length as the one in her Brawl model. I've never played KI:U but am I right in saying that in that game, the staff is almost as tall as her?
The staff in Kid Icarus Uprising is a little taller than she is. I can understand why they shortened it if the leak is real. We would have another Marth on our hands if the staff was that big! This kinda adds to its realism because if someone was making it from scratch they probably would go with the Uprising staff height and not the brawl cameo( at least I would)

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
But two plumbers, three elves and two blue third parties is fine, isn't it?
It's for the sake of showing the franchise's actual variety. Sure Mario has two plumbers, but there's also two princesses (one which controls all things space-y, while the other throws radishes in your face) and a Koopa. LoZ has three elves, sure, but Zelda is a magic user while the other two are sword users so she differs a lot, plus the franchise also has a grumpy old guy who punches with dark magic and a Sheikah. The blue thing is just silly, since Sonic and Mega Man has nothing in common besides just that.

Dixie and Diddy has a lot in common, just from aesthetics, colors and proportions to size and looks. I think it's fair to say that with such limited newcomer spots this time around it's best to pick the guy who stands out the most, which is K. Rool. Clones and look-a-likes have nearly always been last minute additions (Lucas being the exception.)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
That is pretty disappointing. Unless 10 is something like Ridley instead of like a FE character. But 10 will probably be Mewtwo which is ok, but this is all still disappointing.

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I still really don't think we're getting that many newcomers. We could feasibly get 12 (if we count Mewtwo as a "newcomer"), and still stay under 45 if they shed just two people (My predictions are solely Pokemon Trainer and Snake). It's a matter of who'd we get as newcomers that makes it good/disappointing. I personally didn't really care too much about Brawl's roster (or maybe I got more annoyed by Toon Link).

The blue thing is just silly, since Sonic and Mega Man has nothing in common besides just that.
But he's got a point with blue. I mean if Ike comes back, he, Marth, Sanic and Mega man would take up every template you could ever think of for Fire Emblem. Sakurai totally blue it on that front :troll:

YT123

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Olaf551
3DS FC
5069-4175-0996
You know, I wouldn't mind seeing only 10 newcomers if Sakurai had changed the veterens more. I mean look at Toon Link, he is still a clone and other characters look like they were just copied over from Brawl. But I still hope for a new Ganondorf moveset!
Totally agree with you! Pit seems to be the only character that isn't exactly the same as in Brawl..
And about Toon Link, he has so much potential with the Deku Leaf, Skull Hammer & Whip. I don't get why he's still a clone!

Mysteltainn

Smash Ace
New guy:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

I "predict" that Zero Suit Samus has been cut, and that Ike and Lucario's movesets have been incorporated into other characters. I "predict" that Snake never had a chance of being in the game. and i "predict" that Diddy and Dixie are independent, and one stays in the background while the other fights

I would "predict" that Shulk will debut in January 30. I also "predict" that there's a very good reason for his reveal.

I "predict" that there will be a Xenoblade Chronicles stage called Raguel Bridge. I'm sorry but I don't have any "predictions" about the game's soundtrack, but you can bet that if the song is popular and from a Nintendo game you'll hear it.

I agree that Snake should stay, I loved playing as him. I "predict" that any cuts are not a result of trimming down the roster but are due to time constraints. The game has a very short dev period.

I "predict" that while Pokemon Trainer uses Greninja, Quilladin, and Fennekin, the Pokemon Master uses Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

I "predict" that there is going to be customization on a mechanical level, but not the details. In the 3DS version, characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager can have their appearances customized. Not all characters have this, but every character has alt. costumes.

I would "predict" that the Wii U version will use special NFC trading cards featuring fighters, locales, and assist trophies for fun mini-games.

I would also "predict" that the Wii U version has some GamePad mini-games, while the 3DS version has some AR functionality using the same cards.
He meant by January 30th, 2015, right? :troll:

HenryZusa

Smash Journeyman
NNID
HENRYZUSA
3DS FC
2793-0702-9089

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
Yep, I was thinking about that same roster
Number 9 and 10 probably being among Dixie Kong, Chrom, Mewtwo or Takamaru
As much as I'd love King K. Rool I see no possibilities for him in this game, good luck on 5mash K. Rool!
And I don't even wanna talk about Ridley :rolleyes:

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
If the game get's released like that I expect the marketting department will be stringing Sakurai up to the ceiling by his testicles. They've done a fantastic job creating those trailers, and are really working to sell this game to us, they're sure to have some bigger, popular, reveals later in the development. We've probably got another 10 months left afterall.

Honestly if they don't have anything else for the fans then we may aswell call the Wii U and OUYA 2, 'cos all the exciting games will be Indie developed (or X, but that's not enough).

No Control

Smash Apprentice

1)villager
2)megaman
3) wi fit trainer
4) rosalina
5) palutena
6) Mii
7) little mac
8) pacman
10) ??
I think we could get 12. But yeah I reckon a roster of 42-45 with 10-12 newcomers and a handful of cuts is what's gonna happen.

Yep, I was thinking about that same roster
Number 9 and 10 probably being among Dixie Kong, Chrom, Mewtwo or Takamaru
That is pretty disappointing. Unless 10 is something like Ridley instead of like a FE character. But 10 will probably be Mewtwo which is ok, but this is all still disappointing.

But I'm not counting Mewtwo among those 10-12 newcomers. It's a veteran, I don't see how someone could say it's not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom