• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

YeppersPeppers

Smash Journeyman
Alright, here's the roster according to this guy:

View attachment 7270

I call total fake. the weird shape makes me think that he removed Snake last-minute to try to appeal to the audience or something. The lack of Lucario, Falco, ZSS and Ike is really kind of sad, as ZSS was a main focus of Brawl's reveal (and the Zero Laser is confirmed anyway, so...), Lucario and Ike are major characters who still have relevancy to their franchises, and Falco being a Melee veteran. Solid Snake missing and the 2 empty spots also make me "predict" he's full of poo.
Actually, I think the roster, if it was in fact real, would look like this:

Morbi

Scavenger

View attachment 7270

I call total fake. the weird shape makes me think that he removed Snake last-minute to try to appeal to the audience or something. The lack of Lucario, Falco, ZSS and Ike is really kind of sad, as ZSS was a main focus of Brawl's reveal (and the Zero Laser is confirmed anyway, so...), Lucario and Ike are major characters who still have relevancy to their franchises, and Falco being a Melee veteran. Solid Snake missing and the 2 empty spots also make me "predict" he's full of poo.
I like that roster, it has Waluigi and Hades. It is blatantly fake in regards to Kalos Trainer though. I am pretty sure that Pokemon Trainer is going to be the only character in Brawl to recieve the ax. That character relies far to heavily on the prominence of Charizard. Logically, it is the easiest cut. Do you want Sakurai to cut Lucario and Lucas or Pokemon Trainer? Falco and Ike? Or Pokemon Trainer. Sakurai is surely competent enough to make this association.

Say he doesn't bother touching Pokemon Trainer and I am wrong... what the hell makes people think he will add another 3 Pokemon to the roster in that same difficult to balance method? That is the kind of crack that I wish to try.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
For the record I do find it strange that ZSS isn't confirmed even though we saw Samus' Final Smash in the very first trailer. Not saying she won't return, just stating a note.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Well, another titan-sized lie proven fake!

You know what that means!

I'm slowly falling in love with Attack on Titan, and I haven't even started the episode yet.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Well, another titan-sized lie proven fake!

You know what that means!

I'm slowly falling in love with Attack on Titan, and I haven't even started the episode yet.
When was it ever proven false? Not saying it's real, but you have no solid evidence against this "leaker". Just because the roster doesn't look right to you doesn't mean it's not the real roster. Wait till the 30th and than you can add this to the list of "leaks", but until than it's a waiting game (unless of course he blatantly comes out and states he made it up).

mimgrim

Smash Hero
New guy:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

I "predict" that Zero Suit Samus has been cut, and that Ike and Lucario's movesets have been incorporated into other characters. I "predict" that Snake never had a chance of being in the game. and i "predict" that Diddy and Dixie are independent, and one stays in the background while the other fights

I would "predict" that Shulk will debut in January 30. I also "predict" that there's a very good reason for his reveal.

I "predict" that there will be a Xenoblade Chronicles stage called Raguel Bridge. I'm sorry but I don't have any "predictions" about the game's soundtrack, but you can bet that if the song is popular and from a Nintendo game you'll hear it.

I agree that Snake should stay, I loved playing as him. I "predict" that any cuts are not a result of trimming down the roster but are due to time constraints. The game has a very short dev period.

I "predict" that while Pokemon Trainer uses Greninja, Quilladin, and Fennekin, the Pokemon Master uses Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

I "predict" that there is going to be customization on a mechanical level, but not the details. In the 3DS version, characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager can have their appearances customized. Not all characters have this, but every character has alt. costumes.

I would "predict" that the Wii U version will use special NFC trading cards featuring fighters, locales, and assist trophies for fun mini-games.

I would also "predict" that the Wii U version has some GamePad mini-games, while the 3DS version has some AR functionality using the same cards.
I wouldn't mind the roster to much. The lack of Ike is sad. The lack of Blue Spandex Goddess of Boobs ZSS is also sad.

Waluigi should take over Snake's moveset. :awesome:

And I'm gonna double lol if Shulk gets revealed the 30th. xD

DarkShadow20

Smash Ace

View attachment 7270

Well one of those empty spots would be random, and maybe the other spot would have to do with the customizable mechanic.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
When was it ever proven false? Not saying it's real, but you have no solid evidence against this "leaker". Just because the roster doesn't look right to you doesn't mean it's not the real roster. Wait till the 30th and than you can add this to the list of "leaks", but until than it's a waiting game (unless of course he blatantly comes out and states he made it up).
Well, Sakurai has shown ZSS on the whiteboard, and Zero Laser is Samus' FS again, so it seems like Zero Suit Samus will return, but I guess I jumped to a conclusion. So, we shall wait for Thursday, which is the start of the Reckoning Hours, 2 days which can single-handedly prove 2 leaks wrong if they are indeed fabricated attention grabbers.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
New guy:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

I "predict" that Zero Suit Samus has been cut, and that Ike and Lucario's movesets have been incorporated into other characters. I "predict" that Snake never had a chance of being in the game. and i "predict" that Diddy and Dixie are independent, and one stays in the background while the other fights

I would "predict" that Shulk will debut in January 30. I also "predict" that there's a very good reason for his reveal.

I "predict" that there will be a Xenoblade Chronicles stage called Raguel Bridge. I'm sorry but I don't have any "predictions" about the game's soundtrack, but you can bet that if the song is popular and from a Nintendo game you'll hear it.

I agree that Snake should stay, I loved playing as him. I "predict" that any cuts are not a result of trimming down the roster but are due to time constraints. The game has a very short dev period.

I "predict" that while Pokemon Trainer uses Greninja, Quilladin, and Fennekin, the Pokemon Master uses Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

I "predict" that there is going to be customization on a mechanical level, but not the details. In the 3DS version, characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager can have their appearances customized. Not all characters have this, but every character has alt. costumes.

I would "predict" that the Wii U version will use special NFC trading cards featuring fighters, locales, and assist trophies for fun mini-games.

I would also "predict" that the Wii U version has some GamePad mini-games, while the 3DS version has some AR functionality using the same cards.
(Back to the old grind, no more sponge bob, waifu, or some other third thing... finally...)
Yo Hades????? If Ridley is too big you know Hades is outta the question... no but seriously. there is no way Hades is making it in. and if they put in goofy Quilladin instead of Braixen? ooh man. Chespin,Braixen,Greninja would be the best kalos trainer. I seriously doubt thats going to happen though. plus Waluigi??? HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!! this guy was just bored because theres absolutely no new news. not all characters will have alts I seriously doubt that what would naked yoshi have as an alt? More naked? please predict some kind of interesting mechanic change like ledges or something and if you guess right everyone will think its true. The whole pokemon trainer/master thing sounds cool but it also sounds like something thats too much work for a game that is being rushed. And why cut zamus? especially since its the other m incarnation??? zero suit is not going anywhere. She is just too relevant since other m.

CrimsonDivine

Smash Journeyman
Well, Sakurai has shown ZSS on the whiteboard, and Zero Laser is Samus' FS again, so it seems like Zero Suit Samus will return, but I guess I jumped to a conclusion. So, we shall wait for Thursday, which is the start of the Reckoning Hours, 2 days which can single-handedly prove 2 leaks wrong if they are indeed fabricated attention grabbers.
There you go :p Seriously though, I think they're both bull. I wouldn't mind this roster at all (besides no ZSS), but it seems to be more like a dream roster than a real roster :facepalm:

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
There was a pokemon XY leak that got a few facts wrong, but was righ tin predicting a lot of things. So not all leaks should be shoved aside when a single leak is proven false. (they should at least be reanalyzed if/when other parts of the leak are proven right.)

Morbi

Scavenger
For the record I do find it strange that ZSS isn't confirmed even though we saw Samus' Final Smash in the very first trailer. Not saying she won't return, just stating a note.
We didn't get a confirmation of Sheik, but we all know that it is going to happen. Sakurai works in mysterious ways, I suppose saving characters that everyone already knows about is part of his secret strategy. Captain Falcon and Yoshi being the two big ones.

Edit- I realized what he is going for. It is called reverse-hype (my term). Essentially, it is hard to get hyped about characters like Wario as we know he isn't going anywhere. So what do you do? You save him for so long that once he is finally revealed, you are just so hyped that he was FINALLY revealed.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Really, unless there's a direct, the only character I see getting revealed on the 30th is Ice Climbers
Hm? Why's that? Anything special Ice Climber-related goin' on then?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Not really, as Sakurai has already thoroughly demonstrated that anniversaries mean absolutely nothing to his black-heart.
Well, I just figured, since most recent character reveals have something to do with their series. Zelda had LBTW, Dedede had Kirby Triple Deluxe...

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
You're not answering the question Hinata. What is going on the 30th?

Also, he made no mention of Falco being cut. Assuming that maybe he didn't think to add him, that would round the roster out.

Morbi

Scavenger
Well, I just figured, since most recent character reveals have something to do with their series. Zelda had LBTW, Dedede had Kirby Triple Deluxe...
Those are game releases. You would think that an anniversary would be sufficient, but it is not. I am not saying that the Ice Climbers wont happen, I am just skeptical as he tends to skip anniversaries, including his own. Maybe they don't take them too seriously in Japan.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You're not answering the question Hinata. What is going on the 30th?

Also, he made no mention of Falco being cut. Assuming that maybe he didn't think to add him, that would round the roster out.
Well, I know I'm not answering it, because I'm trying to find out the answer myself.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
We didn't get a confirmation of Sheik, but we all know that it is going to happen. Sakurai works in mysterious ways, I suppose saving characters that everyone already knows about is part of his secret strategy. Captain Falcon and Yoshi being the two big ones.
He just doesn't want to have to reveal all the secret characters before the game actually comes out. If we already have half of the roster at 22 then we probably are going to get Zero Suit Samus and Sheik pretty soon just as a buffer. Brawl had 25 reveals before they started showing secret characters just as a reference. I'm sure this game won't have many more. 23 of those they revealed were starting characters the missing 2 were third party. So I'm guessing Megaman and Sonic are secret. Which puts us at 3 more characters ( 2 months) until there are secret characters if this were about the same roster as brawl. Lets say that there are 5 more characters though thats 4 months. We are supposed to get 2 next month if the pattern is right. Yea the game is coming out in the summer. Whoops accidentaly found the release window.(sorry guys)

EDIT: We are supposed to get 2 in March not February.

Shadow Novus

Smash Apprentice
^ You say that but I'd honestly be amazed if the game even came out before December if not 2015. Just the sinking feeling of the game being delayed...

Morbi

Scavenger
^ You say that but I'd honestly be amazed if the game even came out before December if not 2015. Just the sinking feeling of the game being delayed...
I agree with this sentiment, and I was one of the people speculating for a Spring release window.

That is a really cool avatar, nice. I am a huge MK fan.

For people wondering about the 30th, I read the leak to imply that something related to "X" was going to be shown on the 30th in a Nintendo Direct and to celebrate they were going to show Shulk as a playable character in Smash.

Morbi

Scavenger
For people wondering about the 30th, I read the leak to imply that something related to "X" was going to be shown on the 30th in a Nintendo Direct and to celebrate they were going to show Shulk as a playable character in Smash.
I will regurgitate all over my cat and proceed to slit my wrists... after that? I will be pretty hyped for Shulk! :awesome:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
I guess. In a perfect world I'd be right. But it looks like your'e right this time. I think at least its coming out this year. ENOUGH OF MY OFF TOPIC NONSENSE!

I doubt Shulk will be the X protagonist.
I have no idea (haven't played and of those games), but I could easily see them saying something like this after showing a video of X "Speaking of Monolith Soft, they have a character in Smash Bros. that we think you will like..." *plays video introducing Shulk*

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
Yea another thing about that leak. I think the rule for newcomers is every six months. I would love to be wrong but as far as I can tell thats what it seems like. Even though Wii fit trainer was revealed on the same day it still wasnt the initial reveal. Then Rosalina six months later. I mean getting Shulk on the 30th is a just a little

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
I doubt Shulk will be the X protagonist.
While he probably won't be the protagonist, he might be involved in the game in some form.
This picture was shown in the first trailer for X, and some people think that it might be Shulk.

Yea another thing about that leak. I think the rule for newcomers is every six months. I would love to be wrong but as far as I can tell thats what it seems like. Even though Wii fit trainer was revealed on the same day it still wasnt the initial reveal. Then Rosalina six months later. I mean getting Shulk on the 30th is a just a little
I really doubt there is a pattern. I think we are going to get new characters more and more through Directs as we get closer to release.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
And plus, it's not like all newcomers will come through Directs. It's highly possible, but just because we've had all our newcomers so far being announced through Directs, doesn't mean all of them will be. Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer were all revealed in Directs because that was the day of the game's announcement. Rosalina, I have no excuse for. It's just possible some of them will be announced without Directs, and the video to go along with them (if they have one) will just be uploaded to the Smash Bros channel.

Miles Pierre

Smash Journeyman
The problem with a lot of these leaks is they don't really have anyone surprising or any more wtf characters. I'm sure sakurai has a few tricks up his sleeve.

Morbi

Scavenger
And plus, it's not like all newcomers will come through Directs. It's highly possible, but just because we've had all our newcomers so far being announced through Directs, doesn't mean all of them will be. Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer were all revealed in Directs because that was the day of the game's announcement. Rosalina, I have no excuse for. It's just possible some of them will be announced without Directs, and the video to go along with them (if they have one) will just be uploaded to the Smash Bros channel.
A lot of people assume that a Direct is required as each newcomer will come with a unique trailer. You are correct though, it isn't mandatory that a reveal is on a Direct. However, that is the easiest way to do it.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
A lot of people assume that a Direct is required as each newcomer will come with a unique trailer. You are correct though, it isn't mandatory that a reveal is on a Direct. However, that is the easiest way to do it.
Hmm. True, but just putting up the video and then advertising said video on the Smash site would be easy as well. Not all Smash fans watch the Directs (I know I didn't watch the one where Rosalina was announced), but all of them check the Smash site when it gets updated.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729
The problem with a lot of these leaks is they don't really have anyone surprising or any more wtf characters. I'm sure sakurai has a few tricks up his sleeve.
I still think the beta Dragon King character, in glorious 64bit, should be a character in smash 4, he could have stereotypical fighting game moves since Falcon stole all of his

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom