• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
So...

If this leak is fake, but Palutena is still in the game...

Think we'll ever figure out it was fake?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
So...

I'd imagine everyone who supported the leak's realism at that point would stop giving a ****, and just be happy that Lady Palutena was in the game. The people who thought it was fake... Well, I'd imagine they'd stop caring too, figuring that they were wrong.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
So...

We can probably compare the models of the "real" version and this leak version.

Of course, any differences could be chalked up to simple revisions for polishing, so who knows.

Not like it really matter in the grand scheme of things.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
This podcast thing sounds like a really cool idea. Damn, I miss everything cool.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
This podcast thing sounds like a really cool idea. Damn, I miss everything cool.
We haven't done it yet. You still got a chance to be a part of it if you want.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
New guy:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" a total of 18 newcomers.

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

I "predict" that Zero Suit Samus has been cut, and that Ike and Lucario's movesets have been incorporated into other characters. I "predict" that Snake never had a chance of being in the game. and i "predict" that Diddy and Dixie are independent, and one stays in the background while the other fights

I would "predict" that Shulk will debut in January 30. I also "predict" that there's a very good reason for his reveal.

I "predict" that there will be a Xenoblade Chronicles stage called Raguel Bridge. I'm sorry but I don't have any "predictions" about the game's soundtrack, but you can bet that if the song is popular and from a Nintendo game you'll hear it.

I agree that Snake should stay, I loved playing as him. I "predict" that any cuts are not a result of trimming down the roster but are due to time constraints. The game has a very short dev period.

I "predict" that while Pokemon Trainer uses Greninja, Quilladin, and Fennekin, the Pokemon Master uses Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

I "predict" that there is going to be customization on a mechanical level, but not the details. In the 3DS version, characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager can have their appearances customized. Not all characters have this, but every character has alt. costumes.

I would "predict" that the Wii U version will use special NFC trading cards featuring fighters, locales, and assist trophies for fun mini-games.

I would also "predict" that the Wii U version has some GamePad mini-games, while the 3DS version has some AR functionality using the same cards.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
New guy:

If I had to make a "prediction" about the roster, it would be this. You might want to check my "predictions" on January 30.

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

Again, this is only a bold "prediction" and I'm not "claiming" to have any inside information. But once again, you might want to check this roster again on January 30. If you guys have any questions about any other information I "predict" about the game, I'll be happy to answer.

I "predict" that Zero Suit Samus has been cut, and that Ike and Lucario's movesets have been incorporated into other characters. I "predict" that Snake never had a chance of being in the game. and i "predict" that Diddy and Dixie are independent, and one stays in the background while the other fights

I would "predict" that Shulk will debut in January 30. I also "predict" that there's a very good reason for his reveal.

I "predict" that there will be a Xenoblade Chronicles stage called Raguel Bridge. I'm sorry but I don't have any "predictions" about the game's soundtrack, but you can bet that if the song is popular and from a Nintendo game you'll hear it.

I agree that Snake should stay, I loved playing as him. I "predict" that any cuts are not a result of trimming down the roster but are due to time constraints. The game has a very short dev period.

I "predict" that while Pokemon Trainer uses Greninja, Quilladin, and Fennekin, the Pokemon Master uses Charizard, Ivysaur, and Squirtle.

I "predict" that this guy's an asshole.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
New guy:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

Cocky little guy, isn't he?

I'll make a roster, but who's Pokemon Master?

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
New guy:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" that there is going to be customization on a mechanical level, but not the details. In the 3DS version, characters like Pokemon Trainer and Villager can have their appearances customized. Not all characters have this, but every character has alt. costumes.

I would "predict" that the Wii U version will use special NFC trading cards featuring fighters, locales, and assist trophies for fun mini-games.

I would also "predict" that the Wii U version has some GamePad mini-games, while the 3DS version has some AR functionality using the same cards.
Whered you find this?

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Whered you find this?
I'll quote myself from earlier.

"GameFAQs, where else?"

Also, no, read my additions to the collapse. Pokemon Master is a renamed Brawl Pokemon Trainer, while Pokemon Trainer features three new guys whose names I don't know or care about.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New guy:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

Skeptical but we shall see.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
I'll quote myself from earlier.

"GameFAQs, where else?"

Also, no, read my additions to the collapse. Pokemon Master is a renamed Brawl Pokemon Trainer, while Pokemon Trainer features three new guys whose names I don't know or care about.
According to him, Pokemon Master is the Trainer from Brawl, while the Trainer is now Fennekin, Quilladin and Greninja.

RIIIIIIGHT.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
New guy:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

Skeptical but we shall see.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
New guy:

Mario
Donkey Kong
Link
Samus
Kirby
Pit
Pikachu
Marth
Little Mac
Sonic
Luigi
Diddy & Dixie
Princess Zelda/Sheik
Ridley
Meta Knight
Palutena
Pokemon Master
Chrom
R.O.B.
Mega Man
Princess Peach
Yoshi
Toon Link
Fox
King Dedede
Hades
Pokemon Trainer
Ness
Mr. Game & Watch
Pac Man
Rosalina & Luma
Wario
Toon Zelda/Tetra
Wolf
Villager
Takamaru
Jigglypuff
Lucas
Wii Fit Trainer
Bowser
Waluigi
Ganondorf
Captain Falcon
Ice Climbers
Olimar & Pikmin
Mewtwo
Shulk
Mii

I "predict" that this leak will be proven false pretty damn quickly come jan 30th

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The guy listed the characters in the order that they would appear on the CSS, with each Mario character marking the beginning of a new row, just like in Brawl...with the exception of Waluigi, who, going by the order, would be listed as a Wario character.

More:

"I can "predict" it will be a part of a big Nintendo media event.

I can also say that "probably", assist trophies will include Isabelle, Elite Beat Agents, and Duck Hunt pup."

I want that new roster to be true simply because if I were to leak something I would do it in a similar fashion just a little less obvious. Post a thread "Hey guys this is what I think the roster will be" and post every character. Then bump the thread with alts. every time my roster ended up being right.

That and I like the idea of upgrading the "Pokemon Trainer" to "Pokemon Master," It's a cool way to pass the torch.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
NOPE. CHUCK TESTA. That is my response to that leak.

There is no way in hell Sakurai would add 3 new Pokémon newcomers when they are not getting added like they were in Brawl. NOPE.

This is how enthusiastic I am about the fact that that is a load of crap:

Not to mention, Waluigi has never appeared in the Wario Ware series, therefore he is NOT going to be lumped with Wario.

FAKE.

noticus

Smash Cadet
not believing the january 30th leak
i want to
but what is pokemon master
and waluigi mhm nope

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
NOPE. CHUCK TESTA. That is my response to that leak.

There is no way in hell Sakurai would add 3 new Pokémon newcomers when they are not getting added like they were in Brawl. NOPE.

This is how enthusiastic I am about the fact that that is a load of crap:

Not to mention, Waluigi has never appeared in the Wario Ware series, therefore he is NOT going to be lumped with Wario.

FAKE.
The scales are tipping towards the "Fake" area, but lets wait for the 30th. Not for the leak, but for this rumored Nintendo Direct

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Another thing. No Falco. I'm sorry but no, just no. I'm not saying it's not possible, but dropping a Star Fox character without a replacement just doesn't seem to make any sense. It's not like the Dr. Mario scenario. I can see it if we were getting a Star Fox newcomer, but ....

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Waluigi being a "Wario Rep" and Falco being cut instead of Wolf are both very Smashboardian suggestions. Just sayin'.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Alright, here's the roster according to this guy:

Leak.png

I call total fake. the weird shape makes me think that he removed Snake last-minute to try to appeal to the audience or something. The lack of Lucario, Falco, ZSS and Ike is really kind of sad, as ZSS was a main focus of Brawl's reveal (and the Zero Laser is confirmed anyway, so...), Lucario and Ike are major characters who still have relevancy to their franchises, and Falco being a Melee veteran. Solid Snake missing and the 2 empty spots also make me "predict" he's full of poo.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Waluigi being a "Wario Rep" and Falco being cut instead of Wolf are both very Smashboardian suggestions. Just sayin'.
If you mean "****ing stupid" by Smashboardian...
But anybody with a head on their shoulders would know Waluigi would NOT get in under Wario Ware.

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Why would Sakurai add three new Pokemon, rather than have already established veterans? He says they were cut due to time constraints, which could have easily been avoided by not having NINE POKEMON REPS.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There's no way this leak is real. To quote someone on NeoGAF:

"There is only one true leak, and we are her prophets."

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
He mentioned something important on the 30th, is there anything xenoblade related being celebrated then?

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

View attachment 7270

I call total fake. the weird shape makes me think that he removed Snake last-minute to try to appeal to the audience or something. The lack of Lucario, Falco, ZSS and Ike is really kind of sad, as ZSS was a main focus of Brawl's reveal (and the Zero Laser is confirmed anyway, so...), Lucario and Ike are major characters who still have relevancy to their franchises, and Falco being a Melee veteran. Solid Snake missing and the 2 empty spots also make me "predict" he's full of poo.
Looking at it that way, then yea, he's totally full of it.

There is simply no way that Kid Icarus should get 3 characters. I want Palutena, but I would be REAL upset if they got two, while Lucario, Ike, and Snake get dropped.

FULL. OF. ****E.

TheUltraDeino

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TheUltraDeino
3DS FC
3866-8826-1729

View attachment 7270

Yeah, obviously fake. Ridley would've been so big, he'd take up atleast 3 roster spots.:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom