• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Ah, yeah, good point. I guess that makes 6 characters revealed without an accompanying direct.

However, it was the Year of Luigi, and Sonic is third party. I can't see any other veterans being revealed in Directs except Snake, maybe. I suspect others will just be revealed via Miiverse.
That's true, I didn't think of that. Ya it would probably need to be a special type of event or character to get a direct reveal. lol Could you imagine the rage that would happen if they showed off a trailer of Tropical Freeze and to celebrate showed off the main viking enemy as a playable character?

PreacherDudeRox

Smash Journeyman
That's true, I didn't think of that. Ya it would probably need to be a special type of event or character to get a direct reveal. lol Could you imagine the rage that would happen if they showed off a trailer of Tropical Freeze and to celebrate showed off the main viking enemy as a playable character?
The point isn't that every direct reveals a character, or that every character reveal needs a direct...

the point is that every new character reveal needs a direct.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm reading the discussion about this leak on NeoGAF.

As soon as the Power Star charm was revealed, a whole ton of people just turned heel right then and there, saying it was real because of that detail (which I still assert is actually there, and not just a random charm).

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Something note worthy, don't know if this has been posted yet.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Something note worthy, don't know if this has been posted yet.
Yeah, I've seen that. But look at that spiny charm. Really look at it. Do you really think that, with the shape it has, it could look like a convincing Power Star, completely with the dot eyes we see on the Power Star charm?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
....Pattern found! :troll:
If it continues:
February: 1 character
March: 2 characters
April: 1 character
May: 1 character
June: 2 characters
July: 1 character
August: 1 character
September: 2 characters
etc.

Am I smart or what? :awesome: Every 3 months is 2 characters!
Well let's break this all down. Here's where we stand with the characters at the top being the confirmed ones, the middle being the safe predictions and the ones at the bottom that always end up on the cut lists.

Assuming Sheik and Zamus get their own reveals, that means there's at least 13 veterans still to come, 7 if we only count the ones that were starters. At 7 that would mean by June, all the ones everyone knows will be in the game would be revealed. Keeping in mind this isn't accounting for newcomers.

Eit: OH GOD! What have you done to my roster imageshack?!

Senselessbreak

Smash Lord
Well let's break this all down. Here's where we stand with the characters at the top being the confirmed ones, the middle being the safe predictions and the ones at the bottom that always end up on the cut lists.

Assuming Sheik and Zamus get their own reveals, that means there's at least 13 veterans still to come, 7 if we only count the ones that were starters. At 7 that would mean by June, all the ones everyone knows will be in the game would be revealed. Keeping in mind this isn't accounting for newcomers.
I don't know why people think Lucas is in risk of being cut. Mother 3 is regarded as one of the best games Nintendo ever made, and Lucas is unique compared to Ness.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658

It's also not accounting for "gonna be cut" characters. Just because the character seems sure to be cut doesn't mean they will be.
Prime example: Toon link

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276

I'm always bothered by people thinking that, for some reason, ROB's in danger.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
This is off topic but since I reckognize that its off topic it somehow justifies it.

I don't think any smash discussion videos are good at all. Vgbootcamp's is always a week late and just boring.(but they do have good analysis) Gamexplain would be good if they knew anything about smash bros.They kinda just have a video to have a video it seems like they don't put effort into analyzing for the most part. But I mean they're casuals so its good for that. smash weekly's poor editing is its most redeeming quality. It's laughable.

Watching bad smash videos hurt me but I can't stop. JapanTime is the best one then gamexplain.
(Looking back I sound like a jerk sorry about my opinions lol!)

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.

Wow, I would never cut the ones at the bottom, but I would cut Jigglypuff and Falco.:laugh:

D

Deleted member

I don't know why people think Lucas is in risk of being cut. Mother 3 is regarded as one of the best games Nintendo ever made, and Lucas is unique compared to Ness.
Disregarding the fact that Mother 3 is actually almost universally hated over in Japan. Sure it's got a huge following over here in the west (a following I myself am included in) but taking into account how negatively it's viewed over in Japan I personally think Lucas' chances of returning are slim.

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
Disregarding the fact that Mother 3 is actually almost universally hated over in Japan. Sure it's got a huge following over here in the west (a following I myself am included in) but taking into account how negatively it's viewed over in Japan I personally think Lucas' chances of returning are slim.
...lolwut. It's the highest rated game in the series.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The ones at the bottom of my list are the ones in Brawl that were unlockable along with Lucas and Ike as they have counterparts in Ness and Marth. I hope and think a lot of them will return personally.

D

Deleted member

Lasifer

Smash Ace
NNID
Lasifer
3DS FC
3995-6509-4052
I'm talking about Japan here. I think the game is excellent, and I agree with all the praise it gets, but over in Japan it gets a lot more flak than the rest of the series. Here's an example: http://earthboundcentral.com/2013/04/mother-3-and-japanese-fans-revisited/

Yeah it's got some fans over there too but it's not garnered nearly as much praise over there as it has over here.
I'm actually kind of surprised, seeing how much Mother and Mother 2 are loved over there.
I think Mother 2 and 3 are masterpieces, haven't played the first game.

Mr. Mumbles

Smash Ace
I think the biggest thing that people are overlooking about the model being original (or at least slightly different than existing models) is that it's not as hard as it used to be to do that. It's 2014, not 2006. The 3D skills people have, even directly in the context of Super Smash Bros with Project M, are pretty advanced. Making a brand new something for a fake leak isn't impossible. I mean, the Ness leak was a brand new 3D model that was way different than any existing 3D Ness. More so than this Palutena. The only difference is that it was a fake Dojo profile, not a 3DS screenshot. But had that picture even put into a 3DS with a black outline it would have been more believable that the static-posed Palutena.

The leaker didn't take a picture that included the bottom screen, likely because they didn't create any content for it. Palutena's pose is completely neutral, and so is Mario's, and while it's certainly a debug version of the game still in development one of these characters would have to be an AI that would not be posing for the camera. Yet both are at zero-input positions. Even the 3DS the photo is taken on - which is either an Animal
Crossing or European model - does not seem standard to development. Especially because there is zero reason that the game would be on an actual cartridge right now. The game is on a computer. Why would they print versions of a game still in development? That's the biggest red flag here. Games are not sent out to be printed until they are COMPLETE. Even for debugging, nobody is going to have a 3DS cartridge with an unfinished game on it. You could argue it's on the hard drive of the 3DS, but why? Why would that be? So you can test an unfinished game without any of the necessary software to address the problems that surface? That's nonsense, developers work with a toolkit on a computer. Where would they even GET the cartridge? They make it themselves? No way, that's done in a facility that isn't going to print ten copies.

Visually this leak is convincing. Conceptually it is unsound.
Did you forget about training mode? If you really wanted two characters to be on screen at the same time, without the screen being extremely zoomed out, that is what you'd use. As for the game actually being on a 3DS, I only half buy what your saying. Sure most iterations of debugging the game would be on a computer, but at some point you have to test with the actual hardware. Sure, maybe it would make more sense for them to be doing this later, but businesses don't always operate completely logically so who knows.

All that said, you have some of the best arguments against it I've seen, and I have no counter for your first point. Further the thought that nothing is on the bottom screen and that's why we can't see it, is an interesting one. Welcome to the convo and smash boards as a whole. You'll be a fine addition.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Still nothing to discredit the leak? Good. As I expected.

So what is the upcoming event supposed to talk about? Anything noteworthy?

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Still nothing to discredit the leak? Good. As I expected.

So what is the upcoming event supposed to talk about? Anything noteworthy?
Nope. Still no hard evidence to disprove it.

No idea, honestly, I've just heard tale it's going to be about the 3DS and stuff on it.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I don't think anything is really known about the event at the end of the month. Heck, it might be a Direct. Something news related IS coming from Nintendo sometime soon, that's for sure.

iam8bit

Smash Ace

Morbi

Scavenger
Hey guys, I was just searching for some leaks and I came across this one. Can anyone prove that it is fake? I tried to think about it for a day, but I didn't come up with anything, so I gave up. It is probably real. :troll:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
It was a Renegade Kid tweet about an "event" to announce their own game, which will be tomorrow on IGN.

There never was anything about a Nintendo Direct, AFAIK, people just jumped to conclusions.
I see. Regardless it's a safe bet to expect a Direct within the next week or two.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Did you forget about training mode? If you really wanted two characters to be on screen at the same time, without the screen being extremely zoomed out, that is what you'd use. As for the game actually being on a 3DS, I only half buy what your saying. Sure most iterations of debugging the game would be on a computer, but at some point you have to test with the actual hardware. Sure, maybe it would make more sense for them to be doing this later, but businesses don't always operate completely logically so who knows.

All that said, you have some of the best arguments against it I've seen, and I have no counter for your first point. Further the thought that nothing is on the bottom screen and that's why we can't see it, is an interesting one. Welcome to the convo and smash boards as a whole. You'll be a fine addition.
Idk where the comment you quoted is, but here's my two cents.

Basically there is no way to determine who leaked it, or where this person was. Additionally, how would somebody be able to get a hold of a Mario of that quality, just under 48 hours after we saw the updated Mario.

This person would have to have pristine game designing skills, because this aint photoshop. This is editing models, and nitpicking, and working very fast to produce two amazing looking models, and a perfect background is so unlikely.

I still think it's real. As well as other people I told and shown.

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Actually, if Nintendo Directs are a monthly thing, theres only one week left for Nintendo. Seeing as they usually pop up on Wednesdays, fire away.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom