• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
The first legit leak I've witnessed in all my years playing Smash. And it's for my most requested character.

I feel honored to have witnessed this historic event.
You are absolutely wrong in saying this is legitimate. Because its not. Nothing is until its confirmed officially, even if it is highly likely

Louie G.

Smash Hero
So shut up about Little Mac, because he is already in a game that involves only fighting, something that no character from SSB has.
Obviously you have never played Punch Out.
It is a puzzle/strategy game disguised as a fighting game, and even so it's a sports game, not a straight up fighting game (that would be Joy Mech Fight or Street Fighter).

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait what was wrong with my logic? My brain works in a way that something makes perfect sense to me but not to others. I apologize. What would you like me to clarify?
Okay, it is no problem. From what I interpreted, your predominant reason for stating that Little Mac is going to be an assist trophy (if he is present in Smash 4) is based on the assumption that his series revival has little to nothing to do with his chances. It sounded as though you were insinuating that the revival was irrelevant, and that his chances were in Brawl. So the logic that I am discerning is that... since he wasn't in Brawl, like Pit (in my opinion, two unrelated characters), he wont be in Smash.

I just feel as if that is fallacious. Especially as he was in Smash in the form of an assist trophy. I personally feel as though his necromancy is what is going to make that transition from assist (Smash relevance and popularity) into playable.

Now, I do understand the core principle of your argument, his revival isn't necessarily enough to proclaim that he is "shoe-in;" however, that isn't to say that his chances are detrimental as they would have included him in Brawl. Sakurai has already expressed intention to revive Kid Icarus and his team, Sora Ltd., led the project. So I feel like Pit is a special case. I mean, look at how he treats Pit, better than Yoshi.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
It is a puzzle/strategy game disguised as a fighting game, and even so it's a sports game, not a straight up fighting game (that would be Joy Mech Fight or Street Fighter).
From the looks of that users most wanted list, it sounds like mugen might actually be more up his or her alley.

D

Deleted member

As much as this argument about Little Mac is tempting, I'm rather lacking in time to dedicate to it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Do fighting games give you an adrenaline rush when fighting Mike Tyson? I don't think so...

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You are absolutely wrong in saying this is legitimate. Because its not. Nothing is until its confirmed officially, even if it is highly likely
If nothing is confirmed or denied, how can you say I'm "absolutely wrong"?

Morbi

Scavenger
It cannot be legitimate if it is fake, and it cannot be confirmed legitimate if it is real. So one could essentially make objective proclamations, especially if the context alludes to the notion that it isn't officially confirmed.

Mind Ranger

Smash Apprentice
I said you are absolutely wrong in saying it is legitimate because, well, you said it yourself it hasnt been confirmed.

I am sorry for being so passive aggressive but it bugs me when people say "Welp its been confirmed now" or "Its legitimate no arguing it"
because its just not true

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
It cannot be legitimate if it is fake, and it cannot be confirmed legitimate if it is real. So one could essentially make objective proclamations, especially if the context alludes to the notion that it isn't officially confirmed.
Well, if Lady Palutena's a real character, this could be considered real, even if these exact pictures are never shown.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
From the looks of that users most wanted list, it sounds like mugen might actually be more up his or her alley.
Mugen? Really? Because I'm pretty sure the 4 I mentioned above all had/have legitimate chances as well to be put into the new game. I also have played Tatsunoko vs Capcom, Soul Caliber, Street Fighter, and Marvel vs Capcom. I clearly know what he means.

Okay, it is no problem. From what I interpreted, your predominant reason for stating that Little Mac is going to be an assist trophy (if he is present in Smash 4) is based on the assumption that his series revival has little to nothing to do with his chances. It sounded as though you were insinuating that the revival was irrelevant, and that his chances were in Brawl. So the logic that I am discerning is that... since he wasn't in Brawl, like Pit (in my opinion, two unrelated characters), he wont be in Smash.

I just feel as if that is fallacious. Especially as he was in Smash in the form of an assist trophy. I personally feel as though his necromancy is what is going to make that transition from assist (Smash relevance and popularity) into playable.

Now, I do understand the core principle of your argument, his revival isn't necessarily enough to proclaim that he is "shoe-in;" however, that isn't to say that his chances are detrimental as they would have included him in Brawl. Sakurai has already expressed intention to revive Kid Icarus and his team, Sora Ltd., led the project. So I feel like Pit is a special case. I mean, look at how he treats Pit, better than Yoshi.
Yes. I see your point that Pit must have been a special case. I just feel that Punch Out was a very popular retro game (Just like Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Gyromite) and feel that just like Ridley, they have skipped over him twice, to a point in which I feel that there aren't plans to put him in the game. If Punch Out for Wii was a successful as people say it was then, yes, I could say he may have a chance. I just don't agree with those that say he is a "shoe-in" because no one really is.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
Wait, someone posted that Little Mac is gonna be in SSB4.. yeah if he is, it's as an assist trophy. There was a reason why he wasn't playable the first time. And for everyone who says "Oh! But they just revived his series!" Well Pit hadn't been revived yet, that was after SSBB, they would have done the same with Mac, I guarantee you. So shut up about Little Mac, because he is already in a game that involves only fighting, something that no character from SSB has.

On to Palutena. I am now convinced that it is real. The fact that no one can prove otherwise shows that at this point it has to be.
Hmm.

That's why people want Little Mac: He'd be the only true fighter there. I mean, every character has dirty tricks, there's not a single character who only fights using their hands. The reason Pit was revived was because he's a retro. Little Mac, who was then retro (I guess that retro means the character's last major game was 2 generations ago; Retro for Brawl would've been the NES, SNES or Game Boy stars, and Retro for this game adds Game Boy Color and N64), still got a spot alongside other retro characters who didn't make it in, like Devil, Excitebikes, Dr. Wright and the Soldiers. HOWEVER-

Little Mac's revival did put him on the spot again. Recency isn't a reason why a character should get in, but this character is no longer retro and can be considered a Nintendo all-star. He advertised the NES as a major game (besides Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong and Pit), he's appeared in 3 different games since Brawl (if you count Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! as it's own game) and has been a popular choice since development began. The reason why he wasn't playable the first time was because, as of then, he was retro. And nobody can make up their mind on retro characters. But now, he's no longer a retro character, he's been in the generation which SSB4 is taking inspiration from.

And have you ignored the Boxing Ring? There's more references to Punch-Out!! in that stages then there are obviously fake leaks!

Louie G.

Smash Hero
If these pictures are not shown and Palutena is in fact playable (which I am counting on), you would have to look at the Palutena model for Smash 4 and compare it to the pictures to truly discover if they are real or not.
Personally I would hope for a more enthusiastic and expressive Palutena, that's the reason I love the character so much.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Um... what? Okay... sure. :urg:
Sorry, I thought what you meant by "confirmed legitimate if real" is, even if Lady Palutena is real, that doesn't mean these pictures were.

Morbi

Scavenger
Hmm.

That's why people want Little Mac: He'd be the only true fighter there. I mean, every character has dirty tricks, there's not a single character who only fights using their hands. The reason Pit was revived was because he's a retro. Little Mac, who was then retro (I guess that retro means the character's last major game was 2 generations ago; Retro for Brawl would've been the NES, SNES or Game Boy stars, and Retro for this game adds Game Boy Color and N64), still got a spot alongside other retro characters who didn't make it in, like Devil, Excitebikes, Dr. Wright and the Soldiers. HOWEVER-

Little Mac's revival did put him on the spot again. Recency isn't a reason why a character should get in, but this character is no longer retro and can be considered a Nintendo all-star. He advertised the NES as a major game (besides Mario, Link, Samus, Donkey Kong and Pit), he's appeared in 3 different games since Brawl (if you count Doc Louis' Punch-Out!! as it's own game) and has been a popular choice since development began. The reason why he wasn't playable the first time was because, as of then, he was retro. And nobody can make up their mind on retro characters. But now, he's no longer a retro character, he's been in the generation which SSB4 is taking inspiration from.

And have you ignored the Boxing Ring? There's more references to Punch-Out!! in that stages then there are obviously fake leaks!
Yes, this is precisely the reason I want Little Mac. Forgive me, I want a fighting game character in a fighting game, sue me! It is so annoying when people say, "he can only just punch and kick," I don't know if these people have ever even played a "real" fighting game. Guess what? People predominately punch and kick in fighting games. I know Smash is more of a party-game, but still, it has all of the necessary elements to be a fighting game. /Short Rant.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Hmm.

I do see where you are coming from. And all of your logic is sound. I made my points earlier so I won't say anything else about the retroness/revival stuff. As for the stage goes, it may just be a fun little appearance to have, and as others have discussed it could be almost like a Final Destination type stage. It also reminds me of the first level in Subspace, Mario vs Kirby. The battle is on a stage where we can see the crowd that actually cheers for the fighters. I know that it spells Punch Out. But I still don't buy it.

Edit: Oh, and for the part about the no fighters in a fighting game thing: The only reason why I use this point, is because SSB doesn't want to be like your typical fighting game, that's why we haven't seen characters like that before. That's what I think anyway. What do I know?

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
why do you use that when its just a bunch of 10 year olds that think they know everything?
I would never post anything on Miiverse (besides drawings). Sure there are some older/intelligent people on there, but you KNOW your post is gonna be commented on by some derpy 10 (6) year olds.

I do see where you are coming from. And all of your logic is sound. I made my points earlier so I won't say anything else about the retroness/revival stuff. As for the stage goes, it may just be a fun little appearance to have, and as others have discussed it could be almost like a Final Destination type stage. It also reminds me of the first level in Subspace, Mario vs Kirby. The battle is on a stage where we can see the crowd that actually cheers for the fighters. I know that it spells Punch Out. But I still don't buy it.
You don't buy that it's a Punch Out stage?

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I would never post anything on Miiverse (besides drawings). Sure there are some older/intelligent people on there, but you KNOW your post is gonna be commented on by some derpy 10 (6) year olds.

You don't buy that it's a Punch Out stage?

I'm not saying it's not a Punch Out stage. I'm sorry, I just realized that's how it sounded. But I think if it is a Punch Out Stage, it would be for a character that isn't in the game. I understand that Hanebow doesn't have characters to put in smash, but they had a stage to. I think this is one of those instances. A cool little cameo for a series.

Morbi

Scavenger
I'm not saying it's not a Punch Out stage. I'm sorry, I just realized that's how it sounded. But I think if it is a Punch Out Stage, it would be for a character that isn't in the game. I understand that Hanebow doesn't have characters to put in smash, but they had a stage to. I think this is one of those instances. A cool little cameo for a series.
I agree with this sentiment, I would probably have a different perspective if the Smash logo wasn't overtly placed in the middle of the stage. :awesome:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I agree with this sentiment, I would probably have a different perspective if the Smash logo wasn't overtly placed in the middle of the stage. :awesome:
To the defense of the stage. Wasn't there an Animal Crossing stage, but it was called "Smashville". There's no reason not to believe that the same would happen here.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Oh! One last point I will make. Remember how many considered Balloon Fighter "dead" because of Animal Crosser having his hat?

Boxing Gloves. He has boxing gloves, something only Little Mac would have. And isn't Punch Out unlockable in an Animal Crossing? I know Balloon Fighter is, and that's why AC can use his balloons. Wouldn't the gloves not be there if Little Mac was in?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Oh! One last point I will make. Remember how many considered Balloon Fighter "dead" because of Animal Crosser having his hat?

Boxing Gloves. He has boxing gloves, something only Little Mac would have. And isn't Punch Out unlockable in an Animal Crossing? I know Balloon Fighter is, and that's why AC can use his balloons. Wouldn't the gloves not be there if Little Mac was in?
That's kind of a strange statement (referring to the people making this claim). That's like saying Luigi can't be in because he uses Fireballs like Mario. Or Charizard can't be in because he breathes fire, like Bowser.

D

Deleted member

Yes. I see your point that Pit must have been a special case. I just feel that Punch Out was a very popular retro game (Just like Ice Climber, Game & Watch, Gyromite) and feel that just like Ridley, they have skipped over him twice, to a point in which I feel that there aren't plans to put him in the game. If Punch Out for Wii was a successful as people say it was then, yes, I could say he may have a chance. I just don't agree with those that say he is a "shoe-in" because no one really is.
Pit wasn't actually a special case; Sakurai had no plans for a new Kid Icarus until a couple years after Brawl's release. What got Pit in was his popularity.
And no, neither Ridley or Mac were "skipped over twice".
That would imply that they were considered for both Melee and Brawl while being passed over for whatever reason.
The only previous game they could have been in is Brawl.

You know who was skipped over twice? Dedede. He was actually planned for the original Smash, and he (like Meta Knight) was held back from Melee since Sakurai wanted to emphasize other series that he didn't make.
By your logic, Dedede should not have been in Brawl. But he was.

It's one thing to disagree with the notion that Mac is a "shoe-in" (since, like you said, no one really is), it's another to try to claim the exact opposite.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
To the defense of the stage. Wasn't there an Animal Crossing stage, but it was called "Smashville". There's no reason not to believe that the same would happen here.
well, at least we know now villager was planned for brawl to go along with the stage, but when villager was cut (due to not fitting in to Brawl's serious enviroment) smashville stayed.

doubt that would happen to little mac not fitting in to a cartoony fighter since he's already pretty much one already.

peachy!

super princess

It's a good point, and one that we have discussed several times. Still, I do not believe that a character's move completely deconfirms another. Many characters in Smash share some characteristics. :)

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Pit wasn't actually a special case; Sakurai had no plans for a new Kid Icarus until a couple years after Brawl's release. What got Pit in was his popularity.
And no, neither Ridley or Mac were "skipped over twice".
That would imply that they were considered for both Melee and Brawl while being passed over for whatever reason.
The only previous game they could have been in is Brawl.

You know who was skipped over twice? Dedede. He was actually planned for the original Smash, and he (like Meta Knight) was held back from Melee since Sakurai wanted to emphasize other series that he didn't make.
By your logic, Dedede should not have been in Brawl. But he was.

It's one thing to disagree with the notion that Mac is a "shoe-in" (since, like you said, no one really is), it's another to try to claim the exact opposite.
Wow, I thought Mewtwo was the only one held out of N64. With Dedede we were told that he was indeed supposed to be in Melee, but he was kicked because they could put in 4 more clones instead of one character. We knew he was considered. The point I'm trying to make, is that they weren't considered for either of the two games, as in we were never told that they were supposed to be in. And what is this about them not being able to be considered for Melee? I don't get what you mean by that.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Wow, I thought Mewtwo was the only one held out of N64. With Dedede we were told that he was indeed supposed to be in Melee, but he was kicked because they could put in 4 more clones instead of one character. We knew he was considered. The point I'm trying to make, is that they weren't considered for either of the two games, as in we were never told that they were supposed to be in. And what is this about them not being able to be considered for Melee? I don't get what you mean by that.
If I'm correct, Pit was going to be in as well...

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
What four clones?

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
the only ones that had playable builds but were cut from 64 were Mewtwo, Bowser and Dedede.

other people could have been considered though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom