• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I wish someone would leak a playable Little Mac already so I can stop being sad on the inside.

(Well actually that might require K. Rool, but Little Mac would do for the time being.)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Nintendo really can't drag their feet with Smash, the Wii U needs something! Mario Kart 8 followed by Smash would do the trick.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I wonder if Rainbow Road Wii U will be confirmed around the time Mario Kart 8 launches.
I wish someone would leak a playable Little Mac already so I can stop being sad on the inside.

(Well actually that might require K. Rool, but Little Mac would do for the time being.)
Little Mac is gonna be playable. Now shut up with the depression about it, and start praying to the Smash Gods ("Dear Great King of Smash Ken Combo Lord Ken, give us thy Cunning God of Death!") for K. Rool and Ridley more.

Also, pray to the Rare Gods that the IP rights to Conker and Banjo at least go 3rd party, and possibly back to Nintendo.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
^^

If they wait til 2015 for Smash to be out, the Wii U is going to be in even worse shape. Thankfully unlike the Wii, if its buggy or imbalanced they can and most likely will patch it.

@John I'm not a praying man, but I still pray for all those things as often as I can. I'm hoping SOMEONE is listening.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Hey, as long as Palutena's trailer doesn't have us thinking that it's a different game till halfway through, I'm good (was so hoping that Kirby was in Mario Kart, but no, just Rosalina in Smash).
I thought it was Kirby's Air Ride 2. :( BTW, Kirby should be in Mario Kart 8 because of that trailer. Also, Luma.

If they wait til 2015 for Smash to be out, the Wii U is going to be in even worse shape. Thankfully unlike the Wii, if its buggy or imbalanced they can and most likely will patch it.
Ummm, the Wii U has Mario Kart 8, Yarn Yoshi, Hyrule Warriors, maybe a new Mario, maybe a new Zelda, DKC: Tropical Freeze, Bayonetta 2, probably a Mario Kart game, probably a Mario sports title (my bet is Tennis), probably another Sonic game, X (potentially), SMTxFE, etc. all coming out in 2014.

The X1 and PS4 basically just have Final Fantasy XV maybe coming out in 2014 (who actually cares about Final Fantasy anymore=???), and the first part of MGS V via DLC, Titanfall (although it's an EA game, so bet on it sucking; also, PC master race, because 2k > 1080p, open source > no mods, lololol), and maybe Uncharted 4.

Edit: the one time there's not a post every 20 seconds, I time posts for 5 minutes, and I don't double check, I double post... :facepalm:

Last edited by a moderator:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Slightly updated list. I'm positive I'm still missing details.
Lady Palutena Leak

Evidence for it being real:
New model (proved beyond any doubt)
Mario in first picture in pose not seen before in any pictures
Power Star charm on Lady Palutena's dress, an Easter egg that no leaker would go through the trouble to implement (proved to not be a power star)
Lady Palutena's poses in pictures can't be proved to have been taken from anywhere else
Several details inconsistent with any existing model
No leaker would go through so much trouble with modeling and Photoshop to make a leak this convincing just to stir things up for a few hours
Most likely playable, as we assume Assist Trophies wouldn't have outlines like characters
Two photos, instead of the usual one that most leakers give out
Much more detailed than any Assist Trophy, even Wii U ones

Evidence for it being false:
Outline clips through staff (could be credited to this being an early build, we've seen worse clipping before)
Inconsistent outline throughout all of Lady Palutena's model (a past picture of Pikachu with an inconsistent outline throws this point into doubt)

AEMehr

Mii Fighter
There is ONE thing that give me reasonable doubt on these leaked images, and that is Palutena's halo being a 2D image as I mentioned earlier on the Neoseeker post I made.
And her Halo is supposed to turn like that when she does, it's part of her model.
However, the fact that it doesn't appear to be separated in different layers as it is in Uprising IS very interesting...

Could mean something, but still may not mean anything at all. Perhaps it's just a sole 2D image to avoid potential issues on the 3DS version? Regardless, good eye there. That's a solid reason to reconsider this being real.
The size of it shouldn't really matter, maybe it was too big and was resized so people wouldn't try to attack it think it would hurt Palutena as well?
But again like I mentioned, it could be flat image for a number of reasons. Maybe even for a similar reason as to why Sakurai stated that Sukapon will probably never make a playable appearance in Smash?

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Yes, but this is 2 games, not one, and they're on new consoles, and the teams are having troubles with the 3DS in particular, as well as the Wii U a bit. There's still huge glaring graphical issues on both consoles, and the demo Mega Man vs. Mario match, while great, showed that Mega Man's Flame Man move is wayyyyyyy overpowered. Like "Peach's down Smash in Melee is nothing" overpowered.

Also, Brawl had a huge amount of temporary staff members at HAL Laboratories, SEGA (with the Sonic design), Konami (with Snake's design and Shadow Moses Island's design), PAON, Monolith Soft, etc.

On top of that, we don't know the full size of the team. All we know is most of the Tales team at Namco Bandai is involved, along with part of the Tekken and Soul Calibur team.

That's what I've been saying forever, lol. I think inevitably at least Smash 3DS is a 2015 release, whereas, at the earliest, Smash Wii U feels like a November 2014 release.
The 3ds version is most certainly going to be delayed, (i heard that it was a few months behind the wii u version, developement wise) but that won't necessarily hold back the wii u release. Not to mention Sakurai's resolution of finishing the game this year and his mention of "beefing up" the game currently only affirms that it is close to becoming golden. Who really knows at this point, i guess.

I also really hope to see kirby in MK8, that **** would be so cash

Last edited:

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
The WiiU version will come first. They need to sell WiiUs and this is the game everyone is holding off for. Of course Nintendo has found out that patches exists so the game can launch a little sooner but I'm sure Sakurai isn't the kind to release with grievous glitches.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Maybe Palutena is unlockable and we won't know anything official about her until the game is released, what do you think?
As depressing as it might be, that is possible. Back with the Pokemon XY leaks, after almost everything was leaked they didn't even bother to change their release schedule and everything stayed on track. If Palutena was meant to be an unlockable, it's possible that they'll do the same here and pretend the leak never happened.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I thought it was Kirby's Air Ride 2. :( BTW, Kirby should be in Mario Kart 8 because of that trailer. Also, Luma.
I actually really loved that fakeout! Probably just because I haven't enjoyed MK since 64, I feel like it's the COD of Mario. (Not bad, I just feel like when I play it, it feels like the same game. I know there are a lot of changes, but I don't seem to notice them, or maybe I'm just not impressed by them)

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
There is ONE thing that give me reasonable doubt on these leaked images, and that is Palutena's halo being a 2D image as I mentioned earlier on the Neoseeker post I made.

But again like I mentioned, it could be flat image for a number of reasons. Maybe even for a similar reason as to why Sakurai stated that Sukapon will probably never make a playable appearance in Smash?
To be fair, this isn't the 1st time Smash 3DS or even Smash Wii U had 2D texture problems. Sakurai had a Dojo picture update dedicated to Fox's teeth, which were clearly 2D (or 2D-like), showing how incomplete the game is, lololol.

We've also had quite a few 3DS texture problems with 2D for some reason. I think the development team is having troubles with 3DS development.
The 3ds version is most certainly going to be delayed, (i heard that it was a few months behind the wii u version, developement wise) but that won't necessarily hold back the wii u release. Not to mention Sakurai's resolution of finishing the game this year and his mention of "beefing up" the game currently only affirms that it is close to becoming golden.
There is nothing Sakurai has said that mentioned it is close to being done, other than all the characters have been added. Balancing, textures, making sure there's no game breaking bugs, etc. takes well over a year to do. It may be his resolution for both games to be out before 2015, but then again, he said something similar about Brawl coming out in 2007 several times, only for the game to come out in 2008.

peachy!

super princess
You mean like when Mewtwo was cut? Oh wait, the internet and Sakurai are still in one piece.
True, but at least he was planned. If Ridley and K. Rool don't make it, it has nothing to do with time constraints.

What keeps my hopes up is the fact that DLC is plausible. Albeit Sakurai has stated he wants to launch a finished product, it is not impossible to release highly-requested characters as DLC in the future.

Nintendo is at the point that they cannot miss out the opportunity to milk its popular franchises. They need to please the fans as much as possible to get back on track.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Maybe Palutena is unlockable and we won't know anything official about her until the game is released, what do you think?
In case you didn't know, Nintendo is very well known to say "no comment" whenever it comes to leaks and rumors that pop up on the Internet, regardless if said leak or rumor is the real deal or not.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
There is nothing Sakurai has said that mentioned it is close to being done, other than all the characters have been added. Balancing, textures, making sure there's no game breaking bugs, etc. takes well over a year to do. It may be his resolution for both games to be out before 2015, but then again, he said something similar about Brawl coming out in 2007 several times, only for the game to come out in 2008.
What exactly makes you say that it'll take over a year for refinements? We don't even know at what point all characters were finished, or how many workers that Namco has given to the cause. The only source we have is Sakurai saying that his goal for this year is to finish the games, and i trust that given the fact that there's no massive cut scene filled story mode to waste dev time on, this will have a simliar/lesser developement time to brawls.

We'll see if they bother giving us a released date anytime soon i guess.

Last edited:

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I wonder if Rainbow Road Wii U will be confirmed around the time Mario Kart 8 launches.

Little Mac is gonna be playable. Now shut up with the depression about it, and start praying to the Smash Gods ("Dear Great King of Smash Ken Combo Lord Ken, give us thy Cunning God of Death!") for K. Rool and Ridley more.

Also, pray to the Rare Gods that the IP rights to Conker and Banjo at least go 3rd party, and possibly back to Nintendo.
So much.....
real_talk.jpg

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919
I also think that MK8 and Hyrule Warriors alone won't really hold for Wii U. Graphical errors like we've been seeing are probably more easily fixed with Namco. And are you seriously thinking it'll take more than a year to balance out Mega Man's Flame Man attack?

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Anyway...

The point someone made about all the characters having art styles for their own series rather than the entire roster having the same art style got me interested. Has anyone made a side-by-side comparison of 3DS Pit and the image of Lady Palutena?

Mad Princess

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4725-7930-2632
In case you didn't know, Nintendo is very well known to say "no comment" whenever it comes to leaks and rumors that pop up on the Internet, regardless if said leak or rumor is the real deal or not.
That's why I'm saying that. If she was planned to be revealed officially before the game release we will know, but if not, knowing Nintendo, we probably won't know anything more about her until we have the game.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Look's like Super Bash Sisters is becoming a reality. Perhaps we might get a sequel to the Melee event "Girl Power"? Wait, that's it! "Super Bash Sisters" could be the name of the event! :chuckle:

mimgrim

Smash Hero
Oh.

Well, I played FE back when it released in the GBA and remember artwork like this one and the in-game cutscenes having her with black hair. I guess the in-game stuff looks darker because of the sephia effect.

Regardless, she has green hair in 99% of her appearences so yeah... my bad.
Still doesn't look back to me.

And that first link, look at the end of her, totally lighter color from the rest of her hair. xD

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
Look's like Super Bash Sisters is becoming a reality. Perhaps we might get a sequel to the Melee event "Girl Power"? Wait, that's it! "Super Bash Sisters" could be the name of the event! :chuckle:

Not until Krystal/Dixie is involved for the ****s and giggles. :troll:

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
If "Super Bash Sisters" was an event...that would be like, the most amazing thing. Ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom