• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
THAT'S IT I'M TAKING OFF SABLE OFF MY ROSTER!!!! :evil:
How about zoroark and nook to?

Anyway, I am thinking one of two things well happen.

1) They announced an Nintendo direct tomorrow at like 10 at night so not many know.

2) Sakurai either does a normal pic of the day, or shows off palutena, or as stated he shows pit's new FS with that caption. Or he posts a picture of Mario, donkey kong, Kirby, and link sitting down in the KI stage watching the war unfold with the caption be sure to watch today's Nintendo direct!

SmashShadow

Smash Champion
3DS FC
0104-0598-9588
Here's the full leak:

I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.
I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.
My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:
Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.
That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Imagine that... no Ridley, no King K. Rool... I can almost picture the Internet going up in flames. :troll:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
The NL forums got wind of the Palutena leak: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/super_smash_bros_cafe_thread?start=4640

They were alarmingly dismissive of it at first. There was even one guy who said it was fake because he just doesn't think Sakurai would allow leaks to happen.

They did bring up a good point about her face though.
The face we've gone over (the background).

Oh, and X & Y were leaked several months in advance.

And literally everything about Brawl except 75M and Hanebow's name (the description of the stage gont out) was leaked 4-6 months in advance. The Melee roster was also leaked in advance as well. And lastly, Smash Wii U and 3DS having the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man playable and confirmed at E3 was leaked at well.

Apparently this is what happens when you give fools who think they know everything a platform to speak on.

Edit: 40 users and 60 guests=??? C'mon folks, JOIN SMASH BOARDS TODAY!!!

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Kind of wish someone would "leak" a legit release date already.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
The face we've gone over (the background).

Oh, and X & Y were leaked several months in advance.

And literally everything about Brawl except 75M and Hanebow's name (the description of the stage gont out) was leaked 4-6 months in advance. The Melee roster was also leaked in advance as well. And lastly, Smash Wii U and 3DS having the Villager, Wii Fit Trainer, and Mega Man playable and confirmed at E3 was leaked at well.

Apparently this is what happens when you give fools who think they know everything a platform to speak on.

Edit: 40 users and 60 guests=??? C'mon folks, JOIN SMASH BOARDS TODAY!!!
...I remember when Klefki was revealed...
...Made my day...

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
New rumor the Nintendo blog is considering that sakurai only made the daily pic today just to troll with us again and they think he will surrender and confess that palutena is in but I think February 8th is more likely

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I love how all other forums immediately dismissed the Lady Palutena leak as fake, while (to my knowledge) we were the only ones who actually thought it could be real, and took several hours to examine every little detail before coming to our conclusion. Which, in fact, we still haven't come to a solid conclusion.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Honestly, the first person to leak the Brawl legit Brawl roster (granted it was missing characters) said a delay was happening, and got the delay date wrong.

As for a release date, who cares=??? It inevitably will get delayed if it is too early, lol. I mean, Melee got delayed once, Brawl twice, and Brawl three or more times in the PAL regions.
I hope summer or so, maybe before if we're lucky.
You want the release date to be as late as possible so you can have as much in the game as possible. Summer still feels way too early, especially given that Smash 3DS still looks janky, and there's a lot of weirdness and weird issues with Smash Wii U that have shown up (although still not as much as with Smash 3DS, which we've seen a heck of a lot less of).

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
We tend to heavily overanaylize everything around here that I seriously doubt most other forums do for the same series. Whether that is a good thing or bad is all prespective.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I love how all other forums immediately dismissed the Lady Palutena leak as fake, while (to my knowledge) we were the only ones who actually thought it could be real, and took several hours to examine every little detail before coming to our conclusion. Which, in fact, we still haven't come to a solid conclusion.
All those other sites' useres largely didn't believe the legit Brawl leaks either, even after some of the screencaps and video footage from Brawl, lol.
You mean like when Mewtwo was cut? Oh wait, the internet and Sakurai are still in one piece.
Sakurai is still getting buried on that account and other accounts in Brawl, and rightfully so IMO.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
I'd actually prefer shots of all the newcomers. I already know the release date is sometime this year. (I'm pretty sure Sakurai would swear on his life) so I'd rather just know more characters to see which leaks were correct.

Palutena's been a nice potential surprise all the same though.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Getting away from the Palutena leak for a second, something has been bothering me about the translator leak. It states that Diddy will be revealed around the release of DKCR:TF, which is obvious and makes sense, but why would they also say that Diddy would be paired with Dixie?? A safer guess (or fake if you will) would just be to say that Diddy will come back alone. They have to know that if Dixie doesn't make it then it falsifies their whole leak. Just seems like too much of a risk if you ask me.
Well if they're right, then chances are the rest of the leak is right (although they could be missing details or wrong on a few things here or there). The first Brawl roster leak that was legit was missing 2 or 3 characters if I remember correctly.
So Viridi is shown, I smell a Nintendo Direct. :shades:
I think we're likely to get a Direct in February (if not March). Nintendo likes to have a semi-major one every 3 or so months after a major one (like the one in December). February would also be a perfect time to hype up Yoshi's NEW Island and especially Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze.

Smash could either show Yoshi and Diddy then or a newcomer (Palutena), or have Yoshi or Diddy revealed at a later date to hype those games up.

Honestly this time around Sakurai doesn't seem to care too much that we know a lot of things that are unannounced already, lol.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
I bet the release date is going to be fall 2014, and it's going to be delayed until at least winter 2014, if not early 2015. Laugh now...but wait and see.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
Smash could either show Yoshi and Diddy then or a newcomer (Palutena), or have Yoshi or Diddy revealed at a later date to hype those games up.

Honestly this time around Sakurai doesn't seem to care too much that we know a lot of things that are unannounced already, lol.
What might happen is this:
Most likely Diddy in December
And Yoshi in March (though there is that delay)...
But, this leaves Palutena. So, what if they release here somewhere in the middle. Like how they did with Toon Link?

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
What might happen is this:
Most likely Diddy in December
And Yoshi in March (though there is that delay)...
But, this leaves Palutena. So, what if they release here somewhere in the middle. Like how they did with Toon Link?
I think you meant Diddy in March, lol. But yes, I agree. Yoshi in late March, Diddy in early March, and Palutena (or Ridley) either in April or February makes a lot of sense. You can maybe then also have like Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, ROB, Falco, or Ness confirmed around then or some time leading up to E3.

Inawordyes

Smash Lord
I came online and there were 32 new pages, and I got through two before I decided "nope".

Did I miss anything important between page 117 and this, or is it all just Pale Tuna discussion?

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I think you meant Diddy in March, lol. But yes, I agree. Yoshi in late March, Diddy in early March, and Palutena (or Ridley) either in April or February makes a lot of sense. You can maybe then also have like Sheik, Zero Suit Samus, Jigglypuff, Captain Falcon, ROB, Falco, or Ness confirmed around then or some time leading up to E3.
Why March though? TF is coming out in February, so then why delay it?

Mad Princess

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4725-7930-2632
Maybe Palutena is unlockable and we won't know anything official about her until the game is released, what do you think?

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hey, as long as Palutena's trailer doesn't have us thinking that it's a different game till halfway through, I'm good (was so hoping that Kirby was in Mario Kart, but no, just Rosalina in Smash).

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Why March though? TF is coming out in February, so then why delay it?
Oh, I thought it came out in March. My mistake, I'm getting Tropical Freeze and New Island mixed up. :psycho:

February 13th is the obvious Diddy Kong reveal (I can't wait to see him in 1080p in Smash!). Yoshi is an obvious reveal on March 14th. Palutena being confirmed in either in between them or after them (but before May) makes a lot of sense then.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah the last 50 pages are really just Paletuna hype, us going "It might be fake, its good if it is, but I'm thinking real at this point." And other misc. things.

Oh and :troll:ing Sakurai.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
I came online and there were 32 new pages, and I got through two before I decided "nope".

Did I miss anything important between page 117 and this, or is it all just Pale Tuna discussion?
SWF's photo and photo editing experts have torn apart the images, and aside from a few weird things about the picture, which are present in nearly all Smash 3DS pictures, there is nothing that says this is fake. It's most likely real, but the rest of the Nintendo fans on the internet can't accept the fact Nintendo has had leaks before, or that they will have leaks again.
The more I'm looking into it, the more I feel this leak is legit. So there's that now.
Exactly my line of thought. Guys, the people discrediting it are going over things the experts we have here have gone over in much detail, and figured it was too legit looking to call anything remotely of a fake. They never said it isn't a fake, only that it is more likely to be real than not.

They also discredit the E3 leak, which is still lol worthy. Even if the 3 unconfirmed characters are a lie meant to troll us, that guy has/had legit insider information, or at least knew a guy who does.
Dammit sakurai...
I want Sakurai to do this for the Miis, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Palutena already.

Muster

Smash Lord
NNID
Muster
3DS FC
3454-0690-6658
Honestly, the first person to leak the Brawl legit Brawl roster (granted it was missing characters) said a delay was happening, and got the delay date wrong.

As for a release date, who cares=??? It inevitably will get delayed if it is too early, lol. I mean, Melee got delayed once, Brawl twice, and Brawl three or more times in the PAL regions.

You want the release date to be as late as possible so you can have as much in the game as possible. Summer still feels way too early, especially given that Smash 3DS still looks janky, and there's a lot of weirdness and weird issues with Smash Wii U that have shown up (although still not as much as with Smash 3DS, which we've seen a heck of a lot less of).
Melee i believe took 13 months, while brawl took 30. Sm4sh won't be using extra development time for SSE, and his hitting 24 months in march (with about twice the people working on it at least thanks to Namco). so I'd say a summer or fall release would be pretty realistic.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Maybe Palutena is unlockable and we won't know anything official about her until the game is released, what do you think?
Given the amount of attention this has already gotten, if I were them, I probably wouldn't make Palutena one of those newcomer I'd hide to be found after release. Then again with this development team you never really know.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
I wouldn't make Palutena unlockable, she seems more appropriate to be a starter, I personally think people will really want to start as Palutena just as much as K. Rool or Ridley.

Johnknight1

NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
Melee i believe took 13 months, while brawl took 30. Sm4sh won't be using extra development time for SSE, and his hitting 24 months in march (with about twice the people working on it at least thanks to Namco). so I'd say a summer or fall release would be pretty realistic.
Yes, but this is 2 games, not one, and they're on new consoles, and the teams are having troubles with the 3DS in particular, as well as the Wii U a bit. There's still huge glaring graphical issues on both consoles, and the demo Mega Man vs. Mario match, while great, showed that Mega Man's Flame Man move is wayyyyyyy overpowered. Like "Peach's down Smash in Melee is nothing" overpowered.

Also, Brawl had a huge amount of temporary staff members at HAL Laboratories, SEGA (with the Sonic design), Konami (with Snake's design and Shadow Moses Island's design), PAON, Monolith Soft, etc.

On top of that, we don't know the full size of the team. All we know is most of the Tales team at Namco Bandai is involved, along with part of the Tekken and Soul Calibur team.
I bet the release date is going to be fall 2014, and it's going to be delayed until at least winter 2014, if not early 2015. Laugh now...but wait and see.
That's what I've been saying forever, lol. I think inevitably at least Smash 3DS is a 2015 release, whereas, at the earliest, Smash Wii U feels like a November 2014 release.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom