• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Another "I work for X." No way they'd release a demo with that many options and characters.

Wonder Red being in makes zero sense, as he'd currently still be 3rd Party.

If we get any other third party reveals, it'll be Pac-Man and Snake.

That guy is so full of ****.
nope nintendo owns the ip for wonderful 101 (like how sega owns bayonetta)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Isn't Wonder Red more second party?
Isn't Platinum Games still technically third party? As far as I recall, Pokemon and FE characters are second party, because while the companies are not directly owned by Nintendo they make exclusive content for them.

Whereas Playinum Games as far as. I know isn't limited in that way as of yet.

Please stop me if I'm wrong though.

Edit: Well looks like I'm wrong. Neat? I really need to play that game then.

Still calling BS on this leak. However, Cranky as an AT makes a good amount if sense.

Last edited:

Anomilus

Smash Lord
NNID
Hyperdon
4chan is on the case again. Then again I swear this **** happens everyday so it's most likely nothing.
Would have liked for this supposed leaker to have described the quality of those art assets. Like if any characters looked exactly like their series counterparts (likely the non-playable characters)? Which characters had unique details or intricacies not recognized from their series (likely the playable characters)? Or was all the art non-original and similar to Brawl Stickers?

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Isn't Platinum Games still technically third party? As far as I recall, Pokemon and FE characters are second party, because while the companies are not directly owned by Nintendo they make exclusive content for them.

again sega owns bayonetta despite it being made by platinum same goes for wonderful 101(its why its an exclusive in the first place)

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

Edit: Well looks like I'm wrong. Neat? I really need to play that game then.

Still calling BS on this leak. However, Cranky as an AT makes a good amount if sense.
Platinum does not own any of their games. Just ganna let you know that right now. (After you admitted you were wrong)

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
again sega owns bayonetta despite it being made by platinum same goes for wonderful 101(its why its an exclusive in the first place)
Well thanks for clearing that up. My knowledge of game-party status is fuzzy at best sometimes.

I'm doubting well see W101 included at all still, but it could happen in some form.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I got four hours of sleep last night. Was hoping for the rumour to be known true or false by now.

But alas, I've learned my lesson. In fact if this leak was for any other character I wouldn't be nearly as interested, but since Palutena is my most wanted newcomer I'm practically at the mercy of whoever made this, be it Sakurai or otherwise.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Well thanks for clearing that up. My knowledge of game-party status is fuzzy at best sometimes.

I'm doubting well see W101 included at all still, but it could happen in some form.
and thats whats sad w101 is by far the best game to have come out of 2013 by far its just a shame it didnt sell more(altho kamiya wants to make a sequle)

EDIT:
not going to edit the redundancy in my sentance because i feel its needed to express how good the game is (seriously just look up the voice actors)

2nd EDIT: sorry if i got off topic

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero

It a lot more lot more likely to happen then you seem to believe actually. (Does NOT mean it will happen though)

Kamiya is good friends with Sakurai and Kojima. And then theres the entire incident where Sakurai tried to sneak into Platinum's offices. So a stage or assist trophy could happen.

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
It a lot more lot more likely to happen then you seem to believe actually. (Does NOT mean it will happen though)

Kamiya is good friends with Sakurai and Kojima. And then theres the entire incident where Sakurai tried to sneak into Platinum's offices. So a stage or assist trophy could happen.
i think it would be bayonetta ( kamiya said he wants her in smash and theres more than enough moveset potential for her to work)

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
4chan is on the case again. then again I swear this **** happens everyday so it's most likely nothing.
Pretending this is legit for a second, one thing about the art assests, is it possible that it just means they're trophies or stickers?

8-peacock-8

Smash Hero
i think it would be bayonetta ( kamiya said he wants her in smash and theres more than enough moveset potential for her to work)
SEGA. We got Sonic. We don't need another sega character. Kamiya also said he'd be honored to have a character in smash in general. So it really doesn't matter which one since he'll obviously be happy with either of them.

Anyway, back on topic.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think the idea of the Viridi pic having been chosen some time ago as a precursor to Palutena's reveal sounds pretty believable. Do we actually know how Sakurai's PotD schedule works though?

In any case it doesn't seem like there will be a Direct tomorrow since they likely would've announced it by now. Guess we'll have to wait till next week (probably Tuesday since that's when Directs tend to show on, or Thursday/Friday).

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
40 pages later and we still don't know if the palutena leak is true or not
we exausted all channels, diplomacy has failed, the bacon de-heats itself, cats are chasing dogs, gannon has to save link from zelda, i was knightmare all along, suda51 is making a chess sim, MASS HYSTERIA!

But in all seriousness i honestly dont think we can do anything about the palutena "leak" anymore aside from wait it out

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
I think the idea of the Viridi pic having been chosen some time ago as a precursor to Palutena's reveal sounds pretty believable. Do we actually know how Sakurai's PotD schedule works though?

In any case it doesn't seem like there will be a Direct tomorrow since they likely would've announced it by now. Guess we'll have to wait till next week (probably Tuesday since that's when Directs tend to show on, or Thursday/Friday).
dude its 9am i think its a bit early to say theres no direct

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
I imagine not much has happened right? It sort of seems like we keep going in circles biding our time until something important shows up. I'm still on the fence really. But I'm interested in a Direct possibly showing up, not just for Smash, but I want to see if Nintendo will have any decent reveals outside of stuff we already know is coming.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
We should probably wait for next week till we see what happens with Palutena.
Perhaps we should. But I mean, hey, So many people can't help but get excited for her possible inclusion. I feel that if it was any veteran leak, very few would be this hyped. Still we have no idea if this is actually real, or if she's an Assist, just need to wait it out.

Gene

You're a vegetable
NNID
Fairlight92
3DS FC
3411-0266-8945
Just a reminder a Direct isn't needed to reveal Palutena.

So we just got a KI:U daily pic the day after Palutena's mysterious leak. Tomorrow might be the big day.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Just a reminder a Direct isn't needed to reveal Palutena.

So we just got a KI:U daily pic the day after Palutena's mysterious leak. Tomorrow might be the big day.
True, but I mostly want one to see some general stuff going on with Nintendo's IPs. Mostly with series that could really be brought back someday soon.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hasn't a newcomer always been announced in a Direct? You know, all one of them (barring last E3 of course)?

First time for everything I guess.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
You know, if this turns out to be a troll and the guy comes out I don't think a lotta people will believe them.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue
Hasn't a newcomer always been announced in a Direct? You know, all one of them (barring last E3 of course)?

First time for everything I guess.
Directs are a great way to get hyped for a newcomer, but unfortunately for me, I have a feeling I'm going to miss every single one of them now, due to website blocking issues. :(

MrPanic

Smash Journeyman

Sorry to keep this off-topic, but I just wanna say I almost completely convinced myself that the multiman-brawls gonna feature the Wonderful 100 this SSB.

The 10-man brawl would feature the original 7 colors, Immorta, Chewgi and a clone of your character.
The 100-man brawl would actually feature all the models of the actual Wonderful 100, ending with a clone fight again.
All 7 colors have there own distinct attack (for example, Red only does a simple combo, Blue pokes, Green shoots, Pink grabs, Black throws bombs, Yellow smashes and White freezes) And in the 100-man fight all the characters will represent one of those colors just like the did in the actual game. At the end of the fight you'll fight the character you chose for some extra challenge, and he'll actually be called #101 if you face him in a 100-man fight just for the reference.
If this actually happens, I also see Multi-man fights being exclusive to the WiiU version and Prince Vorkken being a AT. One can only hope.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Pretending this is legit for a second, one thing about the art assests, is it possible that it just means they're trophies or stickers?
Would stickers even be in this game? And also why would there be art for stickers that are just archived characters art from original games?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
You know, if this turns out to be a troll and the guy comes out I don't think a lotta people will believe them.
Huh, y'know that'd be a little funny. In more ways than one. But it's still a convincing leak nonetheless.

Would stickers even be in this game? And also why would there be art for stickers that are just archived characters art from original games?
Good question, we don't haven an SSE in this game. Nor do we know if it's replacement will be as long as the SSE was. So would stickers even be warranted? Perhaps they would be used in the Adventure Mode, though that seems like a bit of a waste if it's marginally shorter than SSE. The 3DS version was said it could have some extra single player stuff in it, so stickers could have a purpose there.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
The today kid Icarus does com out for the virtual console on the wii u so make sense that a picture like this came out

The second chance is at February 8th I believe something is coming out there but a forgot what

Oh by the way we are not seeing a direct till match oviously

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
The today kid Icarus does com out for the virtual console on the wii u so make sense that a picture like this came out

The second chance is at February 8th I believe something is coming out there but a forgot what

Oh by the way we are not seeing a direct till match oviously
despite the fact we've gotten one every month last year?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom