• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
At this point, all that can really be done is to wait. Even if the leak is real, it doesn't necessary mean they'll reveal it soon just simply because it was leaked.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
At this point, all that can really be done is to wait. Even if the leak is real, it doesn't necessary mean they'll reveal it soon just simply because it was leaked.
I can just see a month or two from now... "Hey, remember that Palutena leak rumor? Yeah well, it was real. We didn't say anything about it just to mess with you. Please understand."

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
Hasn't a newcomer always been announced in a Direct? You know, all one of them (barring last E3 of course)?

First time for everything I guess.
Only one newcomer has been announced via a Direct, and that was Rosalina and Luma. We've had veterans unveiled on Directs, Luigi and Sonic, but the vast majority of the veterans have been revealed on random updates. It's very possible to just get a big unveiling of Palutena, or any newcomer, on a random day. I mean, Ike, the first post-unveiling newcomer, was announced randomly on the Brawl website.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Only one newcomer has been announced via a Direct, and that was Rosalina and Luma. We've had veterans unveiled on Directs, Luigi and Sonic, but the vast majority of the veterans have been revealed on random updates. It's very possible to just get a big unveiling of Palutena, or any newcomer, on a random day. I mean, Ike, the first post-unveiling newcomer, was announced randomly on the Brawl website.
It's different now though if you ask me. The trailer has a stronger presence than an update of a picture that has a trailer. It loses all of the surprise factor. Well, not all. But at least part of it.

No Control

Smash Apprentice
I hope this leak is true.

One thing that's for sure is that Sakurai will be aware of this by now, 100%. What he chooses to do about it is anyone's guess.

Big-Cat

Challenge accepted.
NNID
KumaOso
3DS FC
1590-4853-0104
It's different now though if you ask me. The trailer has a stronger presence than an update of a picture that has a trailer. It loses all of the surprise factor. Well, not all. But at least part of it.
That's a convenient opportunity though. IMO, it's not "required", but it definitely induces a lot of hype.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
Would stickers even be in this game? And also why would there be art for stickers that are just archived characters art from original games?
Point taken on the second point (who knows if they'll be back) but I'm just trying to rationalize why else art could be sent besides of chars and assist trophies. Maybe trophies or if a char appears in a stage?

Probably reading to much into a fake rumor at any rate.

Cheezey Bites

Slime Knight
NNID
koske1
3DS FC
4356-0097-9129
By Ike you mean Dedede right? As hilarious as the thought of Ike ruling Dreamland, or Dedede fighting for his friends is.

And E3 was a Nintendo Direct remember, where Villager and Megaman where revealed. Only Wii Fit Trainer was revealed on the stage floor, and her trailer was quickly put into the Developer Direct just after... 3/4 isn't perfect, but given the 1/4 was an E3 reveal I think it still stands to logical reasoning that newcomers happen in Directs.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I don't see why prople are calling it fake as of right now. There aren't any blatant glaring issues.

You can't call it real, but you certainly can't call it fake.

Neo Zero

Banned via Administration
I don't see why prople are calling it fake as of right now. There aren't any blatant glaring issues.

You can't call it real, but you certainly can't call it fake.
Humans are drawn to negativity, and it's much easier to be a naysayer than a believer in a case like this. Personally, not ruling any of the ones Ive seen the last few days, but I'm also not going to believe they're for sure 100% things (even the picture) until I see from Sakurai or Nintendo these things are legit. All we can do is follow the leaks and try and fish through them as we move forward.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
Can you guys give us the link or the info "leaked" by this 4chan thing you keep talking about? I can't find it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
The NL forums got wind of the Palutena leak: http://www.nintendolife.com/forums/wii-u/super_smash_bros_cafe_thread?start=4640

They were alarmingly dismissive of it at first. There was even one guy who said it was fake because he just doesn't think Sakurai would allow leaks to happen.

They did bring up a good point about her face though.
Yeah. We are incredibly skeptical of "leaks" over there (I'm a long time Nintendolife member myself) since many obvious fakes has gone through that thread in the past. I have tried to convince them about this one though.

EDIT: I just realized you're the same shinpichu. Derp...

toonmarth29

Smash Cadet
Has anyone taken the console it is on into thought because I am not sure if it is even on a 3ds. I think it is a pink or white ds and if it isn't then what 3ds is it?
EDIT: Saw the front facing camera

powerprotoman

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5425-9729-7779
Has anyone taken the console it is on into thought because I am not sure if it is even on a 3ds. I think it is a pink or white ds and if it isn't then what 3ds is it?
already covered its on a 3ds xl mostlikely a european white one or the animal crossing one

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Not trying to be supreme optimist over here...

But if Sakurai knows about the leak, and as those on nintendolife are saying he's addressing it in the "Pic of the Day" today...nobody has come out to disconfirm this leak...

It just seems strange. Like if it were fake like that release date rumor for Spring, Sakurai said it was false when he found out. If he knows about it, then he probably would have made a statement.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
There's no way a DS could replicate those graphics, at least not to my knowledge.
Nah, the best was Super Mario Bros 64 DS, but not to this kind of power...

But if Sakurai knows about the leak, and as those on nintendolife are saying he's addressing it in the "Pic of the Day" today...nobody has come out to disconfirm this leak...

It just seems strange. Like if it were fake like that release date rumor for Spring, Sakurai said it was false when he found out. If he knows about it, then he probably would have made a statement.
Or maybe he wants to keep hype. Why? Cause Sakurai.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Or maybe he wants to keep hype. Why? Cause Sakurai.
Well that's what I mean.

Would he want to keep hype because it's real, or at least true that Palutena is playable? It's weird.

I mean we may not find out right away, but if Sakurai gets asked in an interview, that's probably when we'll find out.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404

That's a good point. Obviously most other rumors aren't even worth acknowledging since they are obviously fake from the get-go or proven to be so rather quickly. This one however is getting a lot of attention and hasn't been definitively proven wrong or right yet, and the PotD seems to suggest that Sakurai knows of the leak and is playing along. Very interesting indeed...

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I mean overall, I can see what the beef with the pic of Pale Tuna and Mario. But the 2nd one? I see no issues with that one.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Wow 1 palutina leak and everyone here is talking about it because it might be a real one after all of the leaks
I mean a list of the following

1 none of the mario pictures matches the leak picture

2 paluntena picture is not a brawl transfer

3 theres no way to prove its not a Patlette swap from kid Icarus upsring (well it is the design but no poses matches from that either)

4 the outlines on palutena matches the same depth of all the 3ds picture except the one with the first wii fit trainer and villager picture for the 3ds

5 the background is correct for the battle field

6 and finally none of the background pictures so far matches the exact same background position as the rumored pictures

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
3 theres no way to prove its not a Patlette swap from kid Icarus upsring (well it is the design but no poses matches from that either)
It's not a question of being a palette swap of KIU Palutena. It's an entirely new model.

You said it didn't match her Brawl model, which is correct, but this model doesn't match her Uprising model either.

She has elements from both her Brawl and Uprising designs on her dress's ornaments and her face doesn't match any of her previous models (Brawl and Uprising).

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
That's a good point. Obviously most other rumors aren't even worth acknowledging since they are obviously fake from the get-go or proven to be so rather quickly. This one however is getting a lot of attention and hasn't been definitively proven wrong or right yet, and the PotD seems to suggest that Sakurai knows of the leak and is playing along. Very interesting indeed...
There's a difference between a character leak and a release period slip. Saying that the game is going to release in Spring even if thats what might be shot for behind the scenes is not official and shouldn't be promised to the public. Sakurai's not going to comment on characters either way.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
There's a difference between a character leak and a release period slip. Saying that the game is going to release in Spring even if thats what might be shot for behind the scenes is not official and shouldn't be promised to the public. Sakurai's not going to comment on characters either way.
Regardless, the fact that the PotD involved Kid Icarus, and a fellow goddess no less, is something to consider. The timing is too uncanny to be a coincidence.

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I just think Sakurai was being an opportunist and wanted to make a PotD based on the series since people had Kid Icarus on the mind already anyway.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Is there a link to that leak? It's not in the OP.
Here's the full leak:

I'm sure none of you know me, I used to hang out on the Brawl boards before release all the time. I never really posted much though, just followed the dojo hype train with everyone else around that time. Anyone that was around then knows there were legitimate leaks, but no one believed them at the time because of how crazy they seemed(wtf ROB?). Well there was a user in particular who leaked correct information that I managed to befriend around that time, this person is no longer active on gamefaqs, nor do they have plans to return.
I didn't befriend them right away, it took a bit of work, but it eventually got to a point where we would talk every now and then over AIM or Skype. I was mostly interested in their line of work, as at the time was aspiring to work in the video game business. After awhile we kinda fell out of touch, but I saw them on Skype today and figured I'd say hello and see if I could find any information out because I've noticed all these "leaks" lately around here and people going back and forth about them.
My friend wasn't particularly interested in sharing any information with gamefaqs, and told me gamefaqs wouldn't believe anything anyway. I agreed and asked if they would just answer a few questions at least, and this is what I gathered:
Ridley is not playable, he's a stage hazard.
King K. Rool is not playable.
Diddy is not partnered with Dixie.
Online will have way more options then Brawl, like being able to host rooms with your own item/rule set ups.
That's all the info I was able to get, I couldn't squeeze one new comer out sorry. I tried to get a Little Mac confirmation at least, but they wouldn't confirm or deny. Obviously I don't know if this information is legit, I could have been lied to very easily. My friend wasn't treated very well by the Brawl board users, and I wouldn't be surprised at all if they were just yanking my chain. This the first conversation I've had with them in like 2 years so take that for what it's worth.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Man, if this is real, I'm cursed.

For a period of about a week, I had Rosalina on my roster following her playability in SM3DW, then took her off when the release went by with no confirmation. Two or so weeks later...BAM. Confirmed.

About a week and a half ago, I took Palutena off my roster due to me doubting her for whatever reason, and now this happens.

Well, time to take K. Rool, Little Mac, Chrom and Ridley off my roster. :troll:
Maybe you should take Muddy Mole off your roster. ;)

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Premium
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

Going back to the topic of that error scanner thing... It may be unreliable...

But... It might be a nice thing to keep the results in mind... Right? I mean, they may seem irrelevant, but...

((Using AA gifs just like the people who talked about it before.))

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom