• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
What if Sakurai leaked Palutena?
He did:
When he saw how upset people were after revealing close-to-nothing on the 15th anniversary, he gave the people what they wanted ;).

-Good Guy Sakurai-

:troll:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can see the gripes with the pictures of Palutena. Really, I'm not saying they don't exist.

But a lot of people are ignoring the things that are TRUE about these pictures.

1)The model is completely unique
2)The black outline is not always consistent, as stated by Sakurai with the Pikachu picture months ago
3)It seems illogical to me that Assist Trophies would have the dark outline, as it would confuse players assuming there are several characters on screen at once. However, this doesn't really add to the legitimacy of this picture.
4)There is no source of that picture of Mario, nor the background of the second picture of Palutena. So the pictures are unique to anything else available.

Basically, these pictures, regardless of Palutena being in them, are pictures that have no background information to them. They aren't from a pic of the day, they aren't from the Facebook page. These are unique. If we take that fact into account, then that means that Mario's placement in the picture is fake as well. So the entire picture would have needed to be fabricated.

The graphic clipping of Palutena and her staff are something that may or may not happen in game. I think you could theorize that the clipping would add to the legitimacy of the picture, because of the previous examples of Zelda in a pic of the day.

If it were a pre-existing model, then I highly doubt that the model would already be clipping. That doesn't sound right. If the game is in it's polishing stages, then this isn't anything to deem suspect.

I just keep thinking about this. Some of you will probably think I'm nuts. But hear me out. I think some of these things that are being used to falsify the leak are miniscule things that have logical explanations.

Last edited:

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
I'm convinced she's real. The pin of her dress is exactly the same as Pits on his shoulder

Also lightning would be amazing in smash. Holy ****
Hmmm... you may be on to something.

Palutena's is lighter because of the camera shot, keep in mind..

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
The only thing that worries me about that is the fact that Pit's is very pixelated, while Palutena's is smooth.

Of course that might have to do with the camera quality or something.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
What are you trying to say with this comparison?
That the gems on their models are similar, helping the "similar art style for franchises" argument, thus helping prove the realism of this leak.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Doesn't Luma not have the outline as well?
I'm pretty sure that's the case, although I don't have access to the picture. The boss character on the "Find Mii" stage didn't have it either, so I think it's safe to say that all non-playable characters will NOT have that outline.

But that may explain why the bulb at the end of Palutena's staff doesn't have it. That's one thing I can't really explain.

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
The only thing that worries me about that is the fact that Pit's is very pixelated, while Palutena's is smooth.

Of course that might have to do with the camera quality or something.
They're in the same resolution as the 3ds screen, so it makes sense for Pit's to be more pixelated.

Pit's is tiny, on his shoulder, and in a zoomed-out screenshot, while Palutena's is bigger, on her waist, and in a zoomed-in screenshot.

Simensis

Smash Apprentice
I wonder if Rainbow Road Wii U will be confirmed around the time Mario Kart 8 launches.
Also, pray to the Rare Gods that the IP rights to Conker and Banjo at least go 3rd party, and possibly back to Nintendo.
Yes please! Now that's a miracle I'd love to see.

Also guys, note this image of Olimar:

zlCfzRIGKsMSW71HOM.jpg

Look at his helmet, the antenna and the whistle. Unlike the body, they have no outline. Seems like some parts need not no be outlined.
This could explain some of the inconsistences on Palutena's rod.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

View attachment 7095

Look at his helmet, the antenna and the whistle. Unlike the body, they have no outline. Seems like some parts need not no be outlined.
Well that settles that. The outlines are not always consistent. That means the Bulb on the staff is logically not outlined.

I feel like we need a post of all of these comparisons to have a coordinated and logical argument for those who come here not believing it.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo

View attachment 7095

Speaking of Olimar, where the love for him?! Where is it Sakurai?!

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
seems like "non psychical" objects are unoutlined to me... Olimar's helmet is translucent, Luma is a star, etc. Palutena's orb is energy, so maybe wouldn't be outlined.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826

View attachment 7095

...:lol:...:troll: *snickers

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm pretty sure that's the case, although I don't have access to the picture. The boss character on the "Find Mii" stage didn't have it either, so I think it's safe to say that all non-playable characters will NOT have that outline.

But that may explain why the bulb at the end of Palutena's staff doesn't have it. That's one thing I can't really explain.

The image in question in this post.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Or maybe the Orb will function as projectile similar to a boomerang where it will be launched and will comeback and because it functions like that there is no need to outline it.
.n_n.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
Wait, someone posted that Little Mac is gonna be in SSB4.. yeah if he is, it's as an assist trophy. There was a reason why he wasn't playable the first time. And for everyone who says "Oh! But they just revived his series!" Well Pit hadn't been revived yet, that was after SSBB, they would have done the same with Mac, I guarantee you. So shut up about Little Mac, because he is already in a game that involves only fighting, something that no character from SSB has.

On to Palutena. I am now convinced that it is real. The fact that no one can prove otherwise shows that at this point it has to be.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I'm with everyone else. There's no way this could be fake. Most leaks are torn apart in minutes, at most an hour. This one is still lingering, and the person who proved the Ness/Jiggs leak to be fake is even saying this is legit.

It's time we came to a verdict. The evidence is staked against this image's falsehood.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
We're still debating this?! Great, because most others have stopped talking about it by now.

So I don't remember, but I imagine we haven't seen any Assist Trophies (or Pokeball Pokemon for that matter) on the 3DS version yet since if there was we'd most likely be able to deduce that she is a playable character with the presence of black outlines on them, or rather, lack thereof.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
We're still debating this?! Great, because most others have stopped talking about it by now.

So I don't remember, but I imagine we haven't seen any Assist Trophies (or Pokeball Pokemon for that matter) on the 3DS version yet since if there was we'd most likely be able to deduce that she is a playable character with the presence of black outlines on them, or rather, lack thereof.

I was thinking about that in the middle of the school day. I know for sure we haven't seen a Assist, but what about a Pokemon? Not even in the trailers?

Orpheus2

Smash Cadet
We haven't even seen too many Pokemon for the WiiU version, just that blue raindeer thing

Niko Mar

Smash Lord
I'm with everyone else. There's no way this could be fake. Most leaks are torn apart in minutes, at most an hour. This one is still lingering, and the person who proved the Ness/Jiggs leak to be fake is even saying this is legit.

It's time we came to a verdict. The evidence is staked against this image's falsehood.
Man, I really can't wait for an official reveal.

...Of course though, knowing Sakurai, he'd save it for A SECRET CHARACTER HRRRAAAAHHHH!!!!!

:troll:

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm still sticking to this leak being true.
Personally there's just too much going for it and too little going against it.
I have yet to hear a good argument on why this is fake.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I was thinking about that in the middle of the school day. I know for sure we haven't seen a Assist, but what about a Pokemon? Not even in the trailers?
The closest is the PotD for X and Y's release where Pikachu is looking away from Xerneas' head which is in the background of some unknown stage (all that's visible is a blue sky). But besides that and the item itself we haven't seen a single Pokemon yet.

EDIT: Here.

Last edited:

Morbi

Scavenger
Wait, someone posted that Little Mac is gonna be in SSB4.. yeah if he is, it's as an assist trophy. There was a reason why he wasn't playable the first time. And for everyone who says "Oh! But they just revived his series!" Well Pit hadn't been revived yet, that was after SSBB, they would have done the same with Mac, I guarantee you. So shut up about Little Mac, because he is already in a game that involves only fighting, something that no character from SSB has.

On to Palutena. I am now convinced that it is real. The fact that no one can prove otherwise shows that at this point it has to be.
I think that Little Mac's chances are over-rated as hell... but what? That logic...

View attachment 7095

That makes me feel much better about the orb inconsistency. However, the weird thing behind her still bothers me. It is just to awkward.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
The first legit leak I've witnessed in all my years playing Smash. And it's for my most requested character.

I feel honored to have witnessed this historic event.

The Light Music Club

Smash Master
NNID
_TLMC_
3DS FC
0576-6097-0725
I think that Little Mac's chances are over-rated as hell... but what? That logic...

That makes me feel much better about the orb inconsistency. However, the weird thing behind her still bothers me. It is just to awkward.
Wait what was wrong with my logic? My brain works in a way that something makes perfect sense to me but not to others. I apologize. What would you like me to clarify?

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
I find it so odd that people argue over legit characters that have something new to bring to the table and have history behind them (perhaps Little mac is a character that could preform a chain of combo punches in his attacks) it's no different than someone who only use a sword really. But I see support for generic enemies, support characters, tons of extra character from already stuffed franchises and nobody bats an eye.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom