• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
I never thought the Mario kart leaker was wrong. He said that Indrifting was returning and being tweaked, and the MK8 forum people concluded that the drift that resembles indrift in the trailer videos is a hybrid of the two drifts(outward+inward). That's enough for me to qualify it as a tweak.

The Real Gamer

Smash Hero
3DS FC
3437-3797-6559
I'm starting to think you could make a bingo card out of all of them. Hell, this thread has devolved into enough of a forum game already thanks to random Joe Schmoes being free to enter and pass judgment on "leaks" at their leisure, so one might not be too out of place.
I'm always down for some forum BINGO. :cool:

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Last edited:

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
The "Weblinks Leak" is actually very very interesting. The fact that they've carried over several characters from the Brawl website says something. All the newcomers are updated within 2013 meaning that's when their pages were created. Meanwhile character pages like Ike were last updated April 2013. Perhaps they ported over all the characters they planned to bring back and just haven't update Ike's page yet. It looks like the Ice Climbers page has had some seious attention put on it as of late. Leads me to believe we're getting close to an Ice Climbers reveal.

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
There are apparently archived records of character pages for Ocelot, Big Boss, Mewtwo, Geno, Neku Sakuraba, Rob McMann?, Trails? and Ainsley? from the official Smash Bros. site, but only for the US version.
We're treating those and generally fake pages. What we're looking at are the Japanese version of the character pages. No made up ones so far.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
We're treating those and generally fake pages. What we're looking at are the Japanese version of the character pages. No made up ones so far.
I know we are treating them as fake. I was there when it first popped up and helped to quickly disprove them (not like they needed disproving). The Japanese stuff has a lot of captures from the Brawl dojo.
What was interesting was that there was a Brawl character page for K. Rool

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
I mean, I can only imagine this pretty much confirms Snake and Ike. And also any other veterans that people were worried about, besides Wolf and Ness. I can't imagine that one of the Original Twelve is getting cut, so Wolf is probably the only cut (besides Squirtle and Ivysaur).

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice

Johnny Wellens

Smash Apprentice
I'm actually very convinced now that pages for Ike, Snake, Meta Knight and Lucas are just closed because they were changed to the ones with wii in them. I don't think they're indicators that they are getting their own Wii U pages. Also, I think the hidden character pages were closed because they're doing the links based on their names and not Hidden01, Hidden02, etc. For example, Marth is hidden02 on the Dojo which is still active. But he has his own /marth/ link for the new site.

Last edited:

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
I searched Snake's pages and found that if you go into the page history it links you to the original Smash Dojo character page up until October 16th, 2013. Then the page disappears. However, this could be because the link for his Dojo page changed from http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/snake.html to http://www.smashbros.com/wii/jp/characters/snake.html. The wii part was added in their to distinguish between Brawl and 4.
They updated the entire Dojo site to Smashbros.com/wii. This is entirely meaningless.

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
One thing for certain is, we'll all know the entire roster soon enough, since the 3DS and Wii U versions have the same roster and the 3DS version comes out In Summer, and we're already in the 2nd Month of Spring, unless Sakurai pulls another Brawl and delays it like 5 billion times.

The bigger question is, is if he's going to show us the rest of the cast before the 3DS version releases, or he makes it like Melee and let's us try and find stuff out for ourselves.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
so...ok, i just got here and this is confusing.

something called the way back machine (mr. peabody / sherman reference anyone?) can be used to look at when pages update or something?

are we checking the old smash DOJO or the current website? AND ok the US version has a bunch of probably fake pages but the japanese one does not? if so what DOES the japanese one say? all im seeing people post is the US link and its got geno/neku/big boss and other stuff we are considering fake?

can some one either link the japanese one OR just tell me which characters aren't fake or whatever...so confused some one explain please.

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
One thing for certain is, we'll all know the entire roster soon enough, since the 3DS and Wii U versions have the same roster and the 3DS version comes out In Summer, and we're already in the 2nd Month of Spring, unless Sakurai pulls another Brawl and delays it like 5 billion times.

The bigger question is, is if he's going to show us the rest of the cast before the 3DS version releases, or he makes it like Melee and let's us try and find stuff out for ourselves.

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
Huh huh. Heh heh. How the heck to I laugh on a forum without using lol?

Anyways, the characters might be a big portion of Smash and all, but Im sure the Wii-U will have its own special modes and bonus content that will make our HD characters revealed early not seem like a bad thing.

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I doubt rildey is in but has there ever been a director to tease a character like sakurai did with ridley by putting him in with the boss characters?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
So, does that mean he might pull that stunt again? Even after the game released, he still showed updates about the unlockable characters and stages, but hid them for risk of spoilers.

Speaking of which, do we know if any of the announced characters are unlocks? Sakurai pulled the same stunt with Brawl. "Ooh look, Sonic and Snake are in the game! Now all you have to do is play 20 hours of Brawls and play on a certain stage 15 times or go through an entire mode that takes hours to complete".

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
So, does that mean he might pull that stunt again? Even after the game released, he still showed updates about the unlockable characters and stages, but hid them for risk of spoilers.

Speaking of which, do we know if any of the announced characters are unlocks? Sakurai pulled the same stunt with Brawl. "Ooh look, Sonic and Snake are in the game! Now all you have to do is play 20 hours of Brawls and play on a certain stage 15 times or go through an entire mode that takes hours to complete".
What's wrong with keeping some characters secret, and having some as unlockable? That's maintaining the element of surprise and encouraging play on different modes some might not bother with otherwise - not a 'stunt'. It's done FOR the fans, not to piss them off.

Last edited:

NintenRob

Rising YouTuber
Writing Team
NNID
trpdm.wilton
whats the MK8 leak? I must hear it in great detail and mock it for every silly thing it says.

Bauske

Pac-Maniac
NNID
Bauske
3DS FC
2878-9584-0314
I doubt rildey is in but has there ever been a director to tease a character like sakurai did with ridley by putting him in with the boss characters?
Guys guys, what if Sakurai didn't show Ridley because he knew he'd create a lot of disappointment and get tons of backlash, but he still wants Ridley fans to buy the game, so he trolled hard and created speculation so they'd buy it and then be disappointed. :troll:

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
What's wrong with keeping some characters secret, and having some as unlockable? That's maintaining the elenment of surprise and encouraging play on different modes some might not bother with otherwise - not a 'stunt'. It's done FOR the fans, not to piss them off.
I never said anything was wrong with it, just asking why.

Also it really isn't much of a surprise if we already know who the character is. :/

Now when I first fought Mr. Game & Watch in Melee, THAT was a surprise.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
A lot of this stuff goes back to the Brawl days, as some pictures from the Brawl website can be viewed. Now, while viewing the last couple of pages of this archive, I found some interesting things. Characters who are on the Smash website have a "TO" date of either 2013 or 2014 (which means, I think, means that the character page was last updated on that date). The "FROM" dates are generally 2007 and 2008, the years that the Brawl dojo was updating.

Now, there are some other characters listed here that have a modern "TO" date, namely Ike, Lucas, Metaknight, Pokemon Trainer (strange...), Wario, Snake, and Ice Climbers. Wolf is the only veteran listed there whose "TO" date has not been updated. Many other characters names are not listed. Those are probably the ones listed under "Hidden" (but then why is Wolf's name normal?).

Oddly enough, there are two characters listed who also share the "FROM" date with other characters from Brawl: King K. Rool and Crash (Bandicoot...? Nah...). Their "TO" dates have never been updated.

I'm wondering if these updated "TO" dates on unconfirmed veterans mean anything. It could mean that these characters have pages on the site, but are currently unavailable. Or, it could mean absolutely nothing...

EDIT: The URLs for some of the Hidden characters have a "TO" year of 2012. Now I'm beginning to wonder if these modern dates have anything to do with when the new site took over the smashbros.com domain, and everything from Brawl's dojo had to be moved. Going by the way the Brawl dojo labels the URLs of hidden characters as "Hidden#", I think I can try and determine that the characters whose pages have a recent date of 2012 are Falco, Captain Falcon, R.O.B., Mr. G&W, Ganondorf, and Jigglypuff. The pages for the Brawl secret characters who have already been revealed (Luigi, Marth, Lucario, and Toon Link), are also updated with 2012. Ness is the only one without a current date.
ok sooo the proposed theory here is wolf/ness cut?

MunchyMunch

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MushroomMuncher
I surely hope they don't cut Ness. Since he's one of the original 12, and he actually gets cut, suspicion could rise for future installments that even more of the original 12 could be cut. Lord knows we all couldn't stop hearing about all those. "Yoshi is cut" rumors.

Smash G

Smash Journeyman
There's no way they'll cut Ness. They might cut Lucas but I'd be surprised if Earthbound didn't have at least two reps.

Staarih

Smash Master
I surely hope they don't cut Ness. Since he's one of the original 12, and he actually gets cut, suspicion could rise for future installments that even more of the original 12 could be cut. Lord knows we all couldn't stop hearing about all those. "Yoshi is cut" rumors.
I really doubt Ness would get cut - it would be Lucas if anyone.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
yeah id rather keep ness as well but idea's like "the original twelve CANT be cut" and stuff are our own community theories and sakurai never plays by our rules so i'm not going to rule out the possibility ness has been cut.

ok so I'm compiling some stuff here: Sal leak(s)/ MK8 leak/ Trophy's shown in the direct mean series with newcomers theory/ and now this "way back machine" wolf/ness cut theory.

here's a roster using these guidelines:
wayybackRoster.png

1) Sal's leak(s): all of his "leaked" characters are on here.

2)MK8: if Mii's dont count as a "character" but as a button like "random" and are only usable in some modes (possibly being entirely tied to customizable movesets), its 48 characters with 4 cuts.

3)Trophies in the direct theory: Fire emblem = Chrom / Zelda = Ghirahim / Kid Icarus = Palutena / Metroid = Ridley

4)Way back machine: Wolf/Ness cut

NOTES:
I tried to be unbias and just use leaks and theories here; however as for the Zelda rep Ghirahim, i had to make a choice of him over Tingle... while Tingle is just as possible and would be our 2nd upgraded assist trophy AND a character from multiple Zelda titles... Ghirahim is from skyward sword and the trophy shown in the direct was skyward sword character "Fi" so if i'm using that as a guideline my prediction is Ghirahim. I've also proposed the theory that the "new" Zelda rep could just be a reworked Ganondorf, in which case we'd hit 48 characters with Mii's counting as a "spot" and the only character NOT leaked by Sal being Ridley (which would somewhat make sense with all the teasing and hints sakurai has thrown at us regarding Ridley, he may be being kept extremely secret).

Once again I'm just compiling things to see what it looks like.

FunOne

Smash Rookie
Warning Received
Many have been speculating about Pac-Mans's inclusion in the new Super Smash Bros and I can 100% confirm that he is a part of the roster. I managed to grab one pic "I apologize for the size" But I can tell you a little bit about his move set.

-He retains his rev-roll ability from the Pac-Man world series along with the butt-bounce and punching "as seen in Pac-Man World 3.

-He can chuck Pac-Pellets which act like Deku Nuts. He can throw up three concessively.

-He has a bite attack similar to Wario's.

-He can call on any of the 4 Ghosts and they will fircly chase the opposing player around.

Some of his other movies are based off other Namco games such as.

-Dig Dug Toss:Tosses out Pookas and Frygars "Like DeDeDe throwing Grodos and Waddle-Dees" Pookas bounce around and Frygars blow fire. You can attack them.

-Galaga Gun: Fires out a tractor beam to lure in items "Like Rosalina" or opponents.

-Rally X Oil Can: Pulls out an oil can making it the stage slippery. The oil slick disappears once somebody slips on it.

-Panic Mallet: Wacks fighters with the mallet from gator Panic.

-Final Smash: All the fighters true blue as Pac-man attempts to gobble them up.

There is also a Namco themed stage called "Namco Museum" is a moving stage that features Pac-Man, Galaga and Mappy sections. This is only on the 3DS as far as I know.
12127-11404dbf01a0f4ba4793ab1d172f1cf5.jpg.png Here is the image of Pac-Man. Again sorry about the quality and size.

Last edited:

KingLucasx

Smash Apprentice
NNID
LordViLL
yeah id rather keep ness as well but idea's like "the original twelve CANT be cut" and stuff are our own community theories and sakurai never plays by our rules so i'm not going to rule out the possibility ness has been cut.

ok so I'm compiling some stuff here: Sal leak(s)/ MK8 leak/ Trophy's shown in the direct mean series with newcomers theory/ and now this "way back machine" wolf/ness cut theory.

here's a roster using these guidelines:
View attachment 12121

1) Sal's leak(s): all of his "leaked" characters are on here.

2)MK8: if Mii's dont count as a "character" but as a button like "random" and are only usable in some modes (possibly being entirely tied to customizable movesets), its 48 characters with 4 cuts.

3)Trophies in the direct theory: Fire emblem = Chrom / Zelda = Ghirahim / Kid Icarus = Palutena / Metroid = Ridley

4)Way back machine: Wolf/Ness cut

NOTES:
I tried to be unbias and just use leaks and theories here; however as for the Zelda rep Ghirahim, i had to make a choice of him over Tingle... while Tingle is just as possible and would be our 2nd upgraded assist trophy AND a character from multiple Zelda titles... Ghirahim is from skyward sword and the trophy shown in the direct was skyward sword character "Fi" so if i'm using that as a guideline my prediction is Ghirahim. I've also proposed the theory that the "new" Zelda rep could just be a reworked Ganondorf, in which case we'd hit 48 characters with Mii's counting as a "spot" and the only character NOT leaked by Sal being Ridley (which would somewhat make sense with all the teasing and hints sakurai has thrown at us regarding Ridley, he may be being kept extremely secret).

Once again I'm just compiling things to see what it looks like.
No If anything Lucas would get cut out before ness. The Original 12 are for a fact a shoo-in wether you like it or not.

papagenos

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-0554-8947-9778
Many have been speculating about Pac-Mans's inclusion in the new Super Smash Bros and I can 100% confirm that he is a part of the roster. I managed to grab one pic "I apologize for the size" But I can tell you a little bit about his move set.

-He retains his rev-roll ability from the Pac-Man world series along with the butt-bounce and punching "as seen in Pac-Man World 3.

-He can chuck Pac-Pellets which act like Deku Nuts. He can throw up three concessively.

-He has a bite attack similar to Wario's.

-He can call on any of the 4 Ghosts and they will fircly chase the opposing player around.

Some of his other movies are based off other Namco games such as.

-Dig Dug Toss:Tosses out Pookas and Frygars "Like DeDeDe throwing Grodos and Waddle-Dees" Pookas bounce around and Frygars blow fire. You can attack them.

-Galaga Gun: Fires out a tractor beam to lure in items "Like Rosalina" or opponents.

-Rally X Oil Can: Pulls out an oil can making it the stage slippery. The oil slick disappears once somebody slips on it.

-Panic Mallet: Wacks fighters with the mallet from gator Panic.

-Final Smash: All the fighters true blue as Pac-man attempts to gobble them up.

There is also a Namco themed stage called "Namco Museum" is a moving stage that features Pac-Man, Galaga and Mappy sections. This is only on the 3DS as far as I know.
View attachment 12123 Here is the image of Pac-Man. Again sorry about the quality and size.

interesting...

though king dedede ONLY throws gordo's now and you mentioned BOTH gordo and waddle dee... and that is a VERY small picture and you only have 2 posts total on this site. sorry but this is the sort of thing that counts against your credibility with this information.

if your legit i assume you cant say HOW you got the picture but I'm still going to ask...where did you get the picture and information from?

Captain Fun

Smash Lord
I assume it's BS but I would consider Pac-Man likely at this point. I mean, god damn how does anyone who is remotely computer-literate get the screenshot this small by accident.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom