• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Uh. I'm pretty sure PacMan -- arguably the most iconic video game character of all time is a bigger newcomer than the three you listed combined.
The most iconic? Is he more iconic than Mario?

But yeah, Pac-Man is definitely more iconic than Chrom and Palutena combined.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
We're going to get multiple newcomers and veterans at E3 anyways.

No sense in fighting over who it's going to be.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
That leak is bogus.

If it had come out before the Direct it might have legitimacy at predicting Greninja and solo Charizard.

But since it came after it predicts nothing.
Exactly. And I wonder why it came after the Direct? This is so obviously fake, I don't even want to acknowledge it with the word "leak".

If Chorus Men make the cut do you think it will replace G&W?
Doubtful. I have absolutely no idea why some people think G&W and R.O.B. will be replaced. They're characters with incredibly unique movesets, high rankings among the tier lists, and they're retro characters that don't follow the rules of other Smash reps. They're also sole representatives of their own "series", which is basically "Retro Nintendo".

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
Exactly. And I wonder why it came after the Direct? This is so obviously fake, I don't even want to acknowledge it with the word "leak".

Doubtful. I have absolutely no idea why some people think G&W and R.O.B. will be replaced. They're characters with incredibly unique movesets, high rankings among the tier lists, and they're retro characters that don't follow the rules of other Smash reps. They're also sole representatives of their own "series", which is basically "Retro Nintendo".
it came HOURS before the direct. like at lest 5.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
The most iconic? Is he more iconic than Mario?

But yeah, Pac-Man is definitely more iconic than Chrom and Palutena combined.
Maybe. He's the only video game character that rival's Mario's level of renown.

If Chorus Men make the cut do you think it will replace G&W?
Nah Mr G&W was on that drawing board sketch. I'm pretty sure that everyone else on that board is already announced (unless Wario was on, I can't find the picture right now).

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
BTW, not to get too off topic, but Isaac vs. Shulk is more important then Shulk vs. any Fire Emblem rep. This is because they both come from newer JRPG franchises from Nintendo.

What Shulk has going got him more then any other proposed Sword user (besides Nintendo pushing the Xeno franchise currently) is that he is so visually different from them. No current sword users use futuristic laser swords and have that pseudo futuristic anime Final Fantasy look... Shulk does. That's why he could easily co-exist with someone like Chrom.
I have to disagree on the Issac vs Shulk thing. Issac can easily be a playable character without using a sword. With all his Earth Adept abilities, Djinn, Utility Psynergy and Summons...it would be pretty lazy to simply make him sword based. Plus in his game he can use Axes too and I believe Spears too. (It's been a while since I played Golden Sun).

Both Issac and Shulk are unique characters and would bring something new to the table rather than another Lord from Fire Emblem. I could see Chrom replacing Ike. I could see instead of Chrom, Sakurai putting in Tiki or Robin or Tharja. I just can't see 3 sword wielding Lords being playable.

D

Deleted member

let me guess after the direct the leaks stating Ridley is in have died to down.

HAHA what?

Have you ever heard of the character Sonic The Hedgehog?

Last edited by a moderator:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
But of course. I'm hoping Ridley is announced at e3 to debunk the inevitable barrage of leaks to come, now including Chorus Men. I'm pretty sure people started including Mii and Pac-Man after the e3 leak too.

Last edited:

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Both Issac and Shulk are unique characters and would bring something new to the table rather than another Lord from Fire Emblem. I could see Chrom replacing Ike. I could see instead of Chrom, Sakurai putting in Tiki or Robin or Tharja. I just can't see 3 sword wielding Lords being playable.
If the Forbidden 7 are of indication, Roy was intended to be in Brawl along with Marth and Ike, so that kind of argument doesn't really work.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero

HAHA what?

Have you ever heard of the character Sonic The Hedgehog?
Sorry is renown, but isn't on the level of Luigi, Bowser, Peach, Toad, DK, Link, Kirby or Fox let alone Mario and Pac Man.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I have to disagree on the Issac vs Shulk thing. Issac can easily be a playable character without using a sword. With all his Earth Adept abilities, Djinn, Utility Psynergy and Summons...it would be pretty lazy to simply make him sword based. Plus in his game he can use Axes too and I believe Spears too. (It's been a while since I played Golden Sun).

I'm not saying they're not both worth being in the game, just that visually Shulk stands out more. To put it another way, Isaac looks like he could be in Fire Emblem, Shulk does not.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
We're going to get multiple newcomers and veterans at E3 anyways.

No sense in fighting over who it's going to be.
Are you lost? This is the rumours and leaks thread for a hopelessly wild fanbase. Not trying to be a buzzkill, but it won't be easy to satiate this thread like that, especially when a leak this ridiculous comes out.

You're not wrong. I read a huge study recently stating that classic Pac-Man is more recognizable than Mario by a slight margin.

Nah Mr G&W was on that drawing board sketch. I'm pretty sure that everyone else on that board is already announced (unless Wario was on, I can't find the picture right now).
I believe Wario and Meta Knight both were, but both are practically confirmed as is anyway.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Thought that this rumour is interesting due to the fact of a Nintendo marketer hinting at details tht everyone missed.

http://www.gamerevolution.com/news/...w-super-smash-bros-characters-yesterday-25163

mentions that they may have teased 4 different newcomers.
The problem with this tweet is the fact that we don't know how much info he's seen us dig up. He has a master list apparently and is able to compare it to whatever collection of info he's using to gauge things. Someone tweet the guy and ask him to publish the list of stuff he thinks we found already.

jweb22

Smash Apprentice
I'm not saying they're not both worth being in the game, just that visually Shulk stands out more. To put it another way, Isaac looks like he could be in Fire Emblem, Shulk does not.
Okay I see what you're saying.

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Actually..Actually what?
Actually, the claim that Sonic is half as recognizable as Mario or Pac-Man is ridiculous. Sorry to say, but Sonic is a B-list star, especially nowadays. He isn't even remembered as fondly as Pac-Man because he was a console character, not an arcade one. Sonic's well-known, but not THAT well-known.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
Guys namco bandai owns digimon. digimon confurmd. ssb4 is actually digimon rumble arena 3 hurrdurrr.

Seriously guys, Pac-man stands not too high chances.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Is the OP ever going to be updated? I feel like people see the leaks still in the OP and rant about how fake they are now and it goes in a loop

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Guys namco bandai owns digimon. digimon confurmd. ssb4 is actually digimon rumble arena 3 hurrdurrr.

Seriously guys, Pac-man stands not too high chances.

Sorry. You were saying…? Like, don't get me wrong, I'm not a huge Pac-Man fan at all, but his chances have been significantly increased in recent days. I'm saying he'll be revealed for E3.

Dairz

Smash Ace
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. It would literally be like having a New Pork City stage without Lucas.
Hmm, I guess so. But Sakurai doesn't seem to care, because Marth advertises FE:A on his page. Then again, maybe thats just because its a Fire Emblem game, and Marth is Fire Emblem.

Shroob

Sup?
Hmm, I guess so. But Sakurai doesn't seem to care, because Marth advertises FE:A on his page. Then again, maybe thats just because its a Fire Emblem game, and Marth is Fire Emblem.
Marth advertises Mystery of the Emblem on his Japanese page, which is a Fire Emblem game we never got.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
when is the last leak before the picture leaks EVER going to be disproven?
its so obviously fake........nothing proved yet.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Actually, the claim that Sonic is half as recognizable as Mario or Pac-Man is ridiculous. Sorry to say, but Sonic is a B-list star, especially nowadays. He isn't even remembered as fondly as Pac-Man because he was a console character, not an arcade one. Sonic's well-known, but not THAT well-known.
What are you talking about? Sonic is famous! He's that blue thing from that one Progressive commercial and Wreck-it-Ralph right? :troll:

Why is all this Sonic and Pac-Man chatter going on in the leaks thread anyway?

So I hear that the same guy who made up that E3 leak made another leak before the direct, and apparently he got Greninja right. Sounds like a load of bull to me, he already didn't have much credibility before, even if he got the Wii Fit Trainer, he called Villager "Animal Crossing Guy," someone with inside information would have the exact name. And he didn't even get Greninja, he just said "X/Y Pokemon," that's so incredibly vague that it's astounding that people actually believe this. This guy is completely screwing with everyone and people are just falling right into it. Any other leak that gets a single bit of information wrong would be marked off as fake in an instant, yet this guy keeps going even though he's been wrong on multiple occasions simply because he had the Wii Fit Trainer. I know R.O.B. happened before guys, but lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, or so the saying goes. Don't just blindly follow something until you have direct proof, so to speak.

TheFadedWarrior

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MortifiedPanda
My inside sources in the Namco Bandai building tell me that Goku will be playable after you play 200,000 VS. matches and Twilight Sparkle will be playable after you play for over 5,000 hours and/or play 500,000,000 online matches.

That is all.

Starbound

Worlds Apart, But Still Together.
Okay yeah, that leak's dead on arrival.

No way are Medusa, Bowser Jr., or playable Tabuu getting in the game over some of the others, and quite a few stages are missing, like Wily Castle and Pokémon League.
The poster did say that it was for the 3DS version, and we have nothing that says Wily Castle and Pokemon League are on the 3DS version.

(3 pages late)

Luigi#1

Smash Champion
What are you talking about? Sonic is famous! He's that blue thing from that one Progressive commercial and Wreck-it-Ralph right? :troll:

Why is all this Sonic and Pac-Man chatter going on in the leaks thread anyway?

So I hear that the same guy who made up that E3 leak made another leak before the direct, and apparently he got Greninja right. Sounds like a load of bull to me, he already didn't have much credibility before, even if he got the Wii Fit Trainer, he called Villager "Animal Crossing Guy," someone with inside information would have the exact name. And he didn't even get Greninja, he just said "X/Y Pokemon," that's so incredibly vague that it's astounding that people actually believe this. This guy is completely screwing with everyone and people are just falling right into it. Any other leak that gets a single bit of information wrong would be marked off as fake in an instant, yet this guy keeps going even though he's been wrong on multiple occasions simply because he had the Wii Fit Trainer. I know R.O.B. happened before guys, but lightning doesn't strike in the same place twice, or so the saying goes. Don't just blindly follow something until you have direct proof, so to speak.
This this this this this this this this this this this.

PokéMurio

Smash Apprentice
So I hear that the same guy who made up that E3 leak made another leak before the direct, and apparently he got Greninja right. Sounds like a load of bull to me, he already didn't have much credibility before, even if he got the Wii Fit Trainer, he called Villager "Animal Crossing Guy," someone with inside information would have the exact name. And he didn't even get Greninja, he just said "X/Y Pokemon," that's so incredibly vague that it's astounding that people actually believe this. This guy is completely screwing with everyone and people are just falling right into it.
Getting Wii Fit Trainer just can't be coincidence like "Animal Crossing Guy" or "X/Y Pokemon".

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Marth advertises Mystery of the Emblem on his Japanese page, which is a Fire Emblem game we never got.
Wait, really? Huh. That further increases my suspicion of an Awakening character, which was pretty huge already. Strange they would advertise a last-gen game on a game for next-gen systems, though.

The poster did say that it was for the 3DS version, and we have nothing that says Wily Castle and Pokemon League are on the 3DS version.
Oh. I can't believe I missed that. Well, that certainly changes things. That's an awful lot of stages for one version, though. Especially a version on the lesser system. Ugh, the leak is so obviously fake, but it won't just die immediately!

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Is the OP ever going to be updated? I feel like people see the leaks still in the OP and rant about how fake they are now and it goes in a loop
To be honest, I think it might be better if the OP doesn't include any of the leaks.

If a leak is notable enough, people remember it anyway. Others get slowly forgotten.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Wait, really? Huh. That further increases my suspicion of an Awakening character, which was pretty huge already. Strange they would advertise a last-gen game on a game for next-gen systems, though. !
Samus' page links to Other M. Backwards compatibility..... this isn't a PS4 game.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
To be honest, I think it might be better if the OP doesn't include any of the leaks.

If a leak is notable enough, people remember it anyway. Others get slowly forgotten.
What if we get another situation like the cuccou leak? But oh well, the game is coming out in two months anyways. Plus it won't endorse people that are seeking attention to make fake leaks knowing they'll get into the OP.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom