• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
Fair enough. But I still highly doubt they'd have similar roles. Shulk is more passive and focuses on evasion, while Chrom is an all-out attacker with little defense. That's just how they play in their own games though. Also, the game that Chrom is from sold the most an FE game has ever sold before to date. Plus, there's currently only one FE character right now. Ike is not confirmed to return.

Well… I suppose not. But Villager's recovery is a direct reference to Balloon Fight, and I don't see why they would give him a move like that if he was sharing it with another character that's from the game he's referencing. Even that sentence already reeks of circular logic in order to justify that move. I mean, they could have easily given Village another recovery, like hanging onto a floating present or Gulliver's UFO from Animal Crossing.
I know Awakening outsold other FE games, but from what I've seen of sales. It wasn't anything majorly better than the other games. Unless Ike is cut I doubt Chrom will be in. Even then I'm not sure that would really be a good idea. Roy was a direct clone of Marth, and Ike was given a fairly unique moveset from Marth. Would it be worth them trying to come up with a third unique moveset based solely on sword attacks, or just give him Ike's moves? That'd seem weird considering they'd essentially be replacing Ike with a character that doesn't have the exposure that he did.

I do however think that a 3rd FE character is quite likely if "Smash 6" turns out to be an update/dlc. By then I would guess that whoever the main character in SMTxFE would be the character though. Or maybe even Roy, as it's my understanding that he's one of the more highly requested characters over in Japan (where Fire Emblem has most of its fanbase).

That is true about Villager I suppose. But his moveset does have a few nods to other playable characters (Boxing gloves, and a bouncer thingy like Sonic). I do think he's one of the more likely retro reps now thanks to that Stage though, and isn't the flipper item from his game included too?

Obviously this is all speculation, but speculation is all we have until release!

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
Okay yeah, that leak's dead on arrival.

No way are Medusa, Bowser Jr., or playable Tabuu getting in the game over some of the others, and quite a few stages are missing, like Wily Castle and Pokémon League.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I thought that the Mii's being in cages as background characters disconfirmed them. He also seems to be using them as avatars for a profile more so than actual characters. I could be wrong though. On a superficial level it seems like they won't be characters.
in the past playable characters were used as profiles.
since your mii will always probably be that now........you could have yourself playable and that :p

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
in the past playable characters were used as profiles.
since your mii will always probably be that now........you could have yourself playable and that :p
Yea probably. I could see that happening. Sakurai has had plenty of fake-outs so far. I guess Sal is still alive.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
That's my point, the stage could just be there to represent the game in some capacity a stage cannot confirm that a character from that game will be included however likely it is.
Tell that to Rosalina and Little Mac, and most likely Palutena.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
"So you have a tripcode, anything else you want to share?"
"Nope, this list is all that I can share at the moment."
He has a name so you can tell it's him. The leak isn't very believable at all, but who knows.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
BTW, not to get too off topic, but Isaac vs. Shulk is more important then Shulk vs. any Fire Emblem rep. This is because they both come from newer JRPG franchises from Nintendo.

What Shulk has going got him more then any other proposed Sword user (besides Nintendo pushing the Xeno franchise currently) is that he is so visually different from them. No current sword users use futuristic laser swords and have that pseudo futuristic anime Final Fantasy look... Shulk does. That's why he could easily co-exist with someone like Chrom.

Last edited:

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
It could be referring to a "favorited" Mii. The symbol for that was a crown, right? And they got red pants.
I was wondering about that, but neither the symbol for a "favorite" Mii, nor the main system Mii is that crown. This is true for the Wii, 3DS, and Wii U. I triple-checked. The crown logo on the Find Mii stage isn't an exact match to anything, but it somewhat closely resembles the Regal Crown that the captured Mii wears in the game. So it's likely representing that.

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
In the hypothetical scenario that the Chorus Men makes it in, would there be any logical explanation to how they managed to make it in? Are they even important to their series?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
In the hypothetical scenario that the Chorus Men makes it in, would there be any logical explanation to how they managed to make it in? Are they even important to their series?
They are basically the poster boys of Rhythm heaven. At least it seems like that. They've been used a lot for promotion and are on almost all of the video game covers from what i've seen.
And what Chris said^. I guess I should say it's their race itself.

Last edited:

Duster72

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TheFateSystem
3DS FC
4124-4990-2937
They're from the minigame Glee Club in Rhythm Heaven DS, which was the second minigame in the game, and the prominent one used to promote and sell it.

A particular "chorus man" named Marshal appears as the mascot for Rhythm Heaven Fever on the Wii. So it's possible, if not a little far-fetched. Probably the best representative the series has, save for Karate Joe, who is the only character to be in all three games.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
This thread....moves so fast. Hard not to get lost!

True Blue Warrior

Smash Hero
NNID
TrueBlueSM
3DS FC
2036-7619-4276
Marshal, the main one, is the mascot.
I see. Though it seems pretty weird that a Rhythm Heaven character would get in, I won't consider the leak to be debunked based on the fact they do have a chance, no matter how small, of making it in, as opposed to someone like Goku.

Of course, the Chorus Men being in or not determines the legitimacy of this leak. I will watch this leak very carefully.

More importantly, with the game on the 3DS being only a few months away from release, we should be expecting to see some legitimate leak sooner or later.

Last edited:

Dairz

Smash Ace
A FE:A stage doesn't confirm Chrom. There was no Mario Sunshine rep in Brawl, after all.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
A FE:A stage doesn't confirm Chrom. There was no Mario Sunshine rep in Brawl, after all.
Mario had Fludd. That's more than enough.

OPINION: I think Mii and Pac-Man get shown off at E3. Simply marketing reasons, particularly from Namco's POV.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
Hey, they are important enough to be in the end credits!

The music possibilities for Marshal would be so hype.

@ Dairz Dairz :

No, Mario just adopted FLUDD into his moveset.
I WAS JUST ABOUT TO POST THAT WHEN I REFRESHED TO VIEW MORE MESSAGES!!!!!

Best part would be the Rhythm Heaven music, hands down. They were important enough to be in the credits.

Robertman2

IT'S HAPPENING!!!!
NNID
Robertman2
3DS FC
0259-1071-1157
Mario had Fludd. That's more than enough.

OPINION: I think Mii and Pac-Man get shown off at E3. Simply marketing reasons, particularly from Namco's POV.
I would think they announce a bigger newcomer at E3, like a Zelda rep, Chrom, or Ridley.

Wolfie557

Witch-King of the North
3DS FC
3153-4071-1007
Switch FC
SW 3128 8188 4021
I'm just saying it doesn't confirm it, the balloon fighter stage doesn't confirm ballon fighters. The skyloft stage doesn't confirm giriham.
obviously. balloon fighter is deconfrimed from villager's recovery.
also the chances of 6 Zelda reps in separate slots is bad......

but palutena's temple............palutena confirmed. knew it since beginning and all my support for Rosalina with luma was so happy after the galaxy stage got revealed.......I always though of her as a obvious choice instead of bowser j.

palutena is in. not shown,yet, but in.

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
And it's also worth noting that the Pikmin 3 stage Garden of Hope is in this Smash, but none of the main Pikmin 3 characters are in. Just Olimar (as of now), who was barely in the game.

Vann Accessible

Smash Ace
3DS FC
2208-6640-6360
That leak is bogus.

If it had come out before the Direct it might have legitimacy at predicting Greninja and solo Charizard.

But since it came after it predicts nothing.

polonight

Smash Journeyman
obviously. balloon fighter is deconfrimed from villager's recovery.
also the chances of 6 Zelda reps in separate slots is bad......

but palutena's temple............palutena confirmed. knew it since beginning and all my support for Rosalina with luma was so happy after the galaxy stage got revealed.......I always though of her as a obvious choice instead of bowser j.

palutena is in. not shown,yet, but in.
I was talking about Fire Emblem I am all for Palutena, I feel there is sufficient need,demand and hints at the character.

EDIT: Also garden of hope to thanks for reminding me, Olimer doesn't appear there in the game at all he's only there at the end.

Last edited:

TheAnvil

Smash Hero
I would think they announce a bigger newcomer at E3, like a Zelda rep, Chrom, or Ridley.
Uh. I'm pretty sure PacMan -- arguably the most iconic video game character of all time is a bigger newcomer than the three you listed combined.

KingBroly

Smash Lord
Pac-Man is Namco's biggest character, like Mega Man is to Capcom. There's A LOT of nostalgia there. There's no better place to unveil him, IMO.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
I'm watching Rhythm Heaven gameplay on YouTube and am actually getting really hyped for Marshall possibly being playable.

Only character I don't care for in Sal's leak are the Miis now, but I'm sure I could live with them.

Like I said before, take Sal's leak, bring back Mewtwo and add Takamaru and K. Rool and I would be completely sold on the roster. (I would say Ridley but I'm 98% sure he's just a stage boss this go around.)

Last edited:

TeenGirlSquad

Smash Master
@ TeenGirlSquad TeenGirlSquad
Doesn't make them a Mario Sunshine rep. With logic like that, Mario could be considered a Luigi's Mansion rep too.
I don't think you are understanding what I am saying. It would literally be like having a New Pork City stage without Lucas.

If Chorus Men make the cut do you think it will replace G&W?
How about

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom