• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cold Fusion

ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ JIGGLYPUFF OR RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
Ness and Captain Falcon have changed their status between games: they were starters in Melee. I could personally see them both as starters this time too, so I could see them being revealed prior to game release. Jigglypuff on the other hand would probably remain secret.
Hmm... just a random question. Are there any "leaks" that mention characters who will not be revealed because they are meant to be unlockables?

I hope falcon and jiggz get cut if anything
I hope that you get cut if anything.

Last edited:

xxEliteAlicexx

Smash Journeyman
NNID
xxEliteAlicexx
Well uh, anyways I'm new here and have been reading LOTS of everyones post and haven't really had an account for a few years up until now... BUT enough with my introduction [EliteAlice stumbles into battle] All I have to say retaining to leaks, that a few months ago, I remember reading this leak where this guy said that "a pokemon" was going to be th next reveal and then we got Lucario oddly. So I've also been trying to find that leak like you guys with the cucco leak (sorry if I spelled that wrong) instead this leak had like a TON load of information and I'm highly surprised it didn't get moved to the front of this forum because the leak talked about character reveals, was heavy on game mechanics and also the Adventure mode. I remember I read it back somewhere between 300, but I think the guy taken it down. I went crazy when Lucario was announced lol. IF I find it, i'll keep you guys posted. =]

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Sweet ****ing Christ this topic exploded fast since I last visited. I'm not sure if I should be grateful that 90% of the topic is people ****posting and can be easily skimmed over, or annoyed at having to wade through it in the first place

Or I could just look at the OP to see all the rumours without all the cancer attached but that would be boring
That's the thing; whereas, I could previously go through the entire thread and collect of all its rumors in just half an hour, the sheer amount of spam and useless off-topic speculation has ballooned this thread in size and made that impossible for me with my current schedule. Not that I'm complaining, since, if every faking schmuck is given the prestige of a position in the OP, or if every aspiring faking schmuck sees this as something to aim for, we'll get even more drenched in "leaks" than we already are. The OP will be cleaned one of these days, but it won't be an easy undertaking.

Last edited:

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I have a small theory regarding how to confirm whether or not "Ike is cut" leaks as April gets by. Before Rosalina was revealed, all other Mario characters were confirmed (Mario, Luigi, Bower, Peach). I posted this on GFAQs some time ago...

"When it time comes to reveal a newcomer, for other franchises like Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc., the previous veterans may be revealed beforehand.

I don't know if all unlockables count for this, as characters such as Luigi, Marth, Toon Link and Sonic have already been revealed. So I believe that before or if we do get anyone new, we'd still need Ganondorf and Sheik revealed from LoZ, Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff for Pokemon, Falco and Wolf for Starfox, and so on.

So a general assumption can be made that, if a newcomer is revealed without a veteran in the same franchise, said veteran may be cut (considering previous secret characters have been shown...)."

It seems possible, but then again, you can't really predict Sakurai. I apologize if this assumption was already brought forward.
I'm not sure this goes for a franchise like Fire Emblem where no characters are dependant on each other, unlike in the Mario universe where you usually see all the characters together. I think we need more newcomers from established franchises to draw any kind of conclusion.

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68904054
So my buddy is an intern at the main NOA building, and claims to have Smash info. I'll tell you what she told me, but I have my doubts.

Ridley is in. Apparently is lighter than Bowser, and a reverse Little Mac.

A small robot with a little arm cannon, so I assume Chibi-Robo.

"Pale Zelda guy". Obviously Ghirahim.

Palutena, I showed him the leak photo and he says it looks about right.

Captain Rainbow is an assist.

Chrom is playable, and is a mix of Marth and Ike.

Ike is confirmed to be back, as is Jiggs.

Aventure mode will have boss fights.

Will try to talk more with her later.
Well the Zelda fan in me also wants to point out Vaati, who people believed was the character later revealed to be Ghirahim in the first footage from Skyward
he's pale faced and from Zelda and has had a good few more appearance, if they were planning to include him again in a new Zelda game it would work well to include him over G in Smash,
Other than that observation though, it all sounds like another attempt by a regular on the forums

So here is food for thought, if the next Nintendo Direct is focusing in Mario Kart are we sure that we will receive a new comer for Smash, if many leaks start appearing with potential new comers and in the end there is nothing to show because E3 is closer and Sakurai as Nintendo decide to show more information of Smash in E3 how many leaks do you think will be killed?

I think a leak that say nothing will be show this next Nintendo Direct and focus more in E3 is better to keep watching and not forget about it.
.n_n.
Umm.... Wario? Or Yoshi? Both could be tied in with Kart though I can't see them pulling the Kart connection two outta 3 Directs running :S

Last edited:

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
I hope falcon and jiggz get cut if anything
The internet would collapse if Falcon was cut, and with Nintendo certainly keeping the series in mind with VC releases as well as being one of only a few Nintendo franchises appearing in Nintendo Land not tied to Mario, well it's highly doubtful

Also where did that other dude 'hear not all the 12 would make it'?? If they held onto Jigglypuff this long I certainly can't see it happening for the 4th and 5th instalments of the series (3DS and WiiU being 4 & 5 according to Sakurai is what I'm implying)

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
Umm.... Wario? Or Yoshi? Both could be tied in with Kart though I can't see them pulling the Kart connection two outta 3 Directs running :S
I don´t think they will use a veteran to promote Smash Bros because is tied to Mario Kart, the only characters I see in a direct are new comers or special cases like third parties, so I don´t know if we should expect a new comer in this direct, maybe they are saving them for E3.
.n_n.

Last edited:

TheFirstPoppyBro

ᕦ_(⌐■+|+■)_ᕤ
NNID
breloomer236
3DS FC
2449-4708-5381
Switch FC
SW-7045-4156-8715
I hope people realize that he won't announce Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon. Mainly because they are the secret characters for all of the games, and before you say about Luigi, him being one of them, when he was announced Sakuri himself said that he normally wouldn't announce him but he did it for the year of Luigi.
What about Marth and Toon Link? Sonic?

Luigi's not the only unlockable character that's been shown.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
The internet would collapse if Falcon was cut, and with Nintendo certainly keeping the series in mind with VC releases as well as being one of only a few Nintendo franchises appearing in Nintendo Land not tied to Mario, well it's highly doubtful

Also where did that other dude 'hear not all the 12 would make it'?? If they held onto Jigglypuff this long I certainly can't see it happening for the 4th and 5th instalments of the series (3DS and WiiU being 4 & 5 according to Sakurai is what I'm implying)
Hey **** you, man.
My lunch is threatened by your myopic confusion.

Best watch yourself for the Falcon Punch!
I hope that you get cut if anything.
Guys, he probably means Falco...

Last edited:

Zink Imp

Smash Ace
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68904054
So my buddy is an intern at the main NOA building, and claims to have Smash info. I'll tell you what she told me, but I have my doubts.

Ridley is in. Apparently is lighter than Bowser, and a reverse Little Mac.

A small robot with a little arm cannon, so I assume Chibi-Robo.

"Pale Zelda guy". Obviously Ghirahim.

Palutena, I showed him the leak photo and he says it looks about right.

Captain Rainbow is an assist.

Chrom is playable, and is a mix of Marth and Ike.

Ike is confirmed to be back, as is Jiggs.

Aventure mode will have boss fights.

Will try to talk more with her later.
https://www.nintendo.com/corp/jobs.jsp
Internship Opportunities:
Nintendo of America currently does not offer any internship programs. Thank you for your interest.

All of that is false.

KaBlamJamDan

Smash Ace
NNID
Kablamjamdan
3DS FC
5129-0509-8499
Last edited:

emk9

Smash Rookie
Leak from 4chan thread last night:
Hello, I have some info to share about Smash Bros
-Little Mac is playable
-Palutena is playable
-Chrom is playable
-Dixie is playable
-Ridley is playable
-lip is playable
-Takamaru is playable
-Mii is playable
-Pacman is playable
-Ultra Machine is playable

-Mewtwo returns
-All brawl characters return except snake

Lorr starcutter is a stage
Lumoise City is a stage
New Leaf island is a stage
Skyworld is a stage
Boxing Ring is little macs stage
Gang Plank Galleon is a stage

Mother brain is an assist trophy
Ashley is an assist trophy
Lucina is an assist trophy
Magnus is an assist trophy

Walugi returns
Isaac returns
Saki returns
Andross returns
Mr Resetti returns
Tingle Returns

fairy bottle is an item
cuckoo is an item
ultra hand is an item
Most old items get new designs

Going to search for the archive link
Is this it?

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
on the SSBWiki they have :jigglypuff::falcon::ness2: as unidentified for SSB4, somehow i get the feeling ness and jiggly might get cut

Last edited:

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Is this it?
That has a lot of stuff correct, but it was edited yesterday at 12:49 A.M and doesn't include Rosalina.
EDIT: Didn't see the date:(:facepalm:, but the recent edit is still suspect.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That has a lot of stuff correct, but it was edited yesterday at 12:49 A.M and doesn't include Rosalina.
Playing devil's advocate here for a second. Senseless posted that leak on January 24, so maybe the leak didn't include Rosalina because she had already been revealed. Can't vouch for the editing part, though.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Playing devil's advocate here for a second. Senseless posted that leak on January 24, so maybe the leak didn't include Rosalina because she had already been revealed. Can't vouch for the editing part, though.
Edited my original post. I hope emk9 is not senseless's alt as he joined today coincidentally a day after that post was edited.

Last edited:

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Edited my original post. I hope emk9 is not senseless's alt as he joined today coincidentally a day after that post was edited.
Hm. We could get a mod to see if they have the same IP or whatever.

emk9

Smash Rookie
I made my account today because i found the cucco leak (maybe). I'm not senseless's alt. Can mods check what the original post is?

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Hm. We could get a mod to see if they have the same IP or whatever.
Not even necessary.

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:uqBstcMavlMJ:smashboards.com/threads/ssb4-rumours-and-leaks.338842/page-165 &cd=1&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us

It was an entirely different post about spirit tracks lol. :rolleyes:

I made my account today because i found the cucco leak (maybe). I'm not senseless's alt. Can mods check what the original post is?
Ah, thanks for clearing that up then.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom