• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So, I was thinking who could April's newcomer be so I calculated chances somewhat.

Super Metroid's USA release anniversary this April as well as Metroid Fusion being released on the Wii U. Ridley, ZSS or a different Metroid representative can be revealed.

Fire Emblem anniversary might mean Chrom or a different FE representative.

Golden Sun being released on Wii U might mean Isaac.

NES Remix 2 being released might mean Ice Climbers or a new retro representative.
We could get Snake too, like Sonic before.

.n_n.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
If Dixie, Cranky or K. Rool somehow ended up in Mario Kart 8. I can see a dual reveal trailer for Smash for any of them. That way it at least seems tied in to Mario Kart 8.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
So, I was thinking who could April's newcomer be so I calculated chances somewhat.

Super Metroid's USA release anniversary this April as well as Metroid Fusion being released on the Wii U. Ridley, ZSS or a different Metroid representative can be revealed.

Fire Emblem anniversary might mean Chrom or a different FE representative.

Golden Sun being released on Wii U might mean Isaac.

NES Remix 2 being released might mean Ice Climbers or a new retro representative.
It's also the 28th anniversary of Nazo no Murasame-jo, so Takamaru has a chance as well.

Scourge The Hedgehog

Evil Sonikku
NNID
JayJayPlushie
3DS FC
2535-4437-8099
I wouldn't put it past Sakurai to generate hype by revealing both ZSS and Ridley in a single trailer for the April Direct. While extremely unlikely that would undoubtedly make up the dry spell known as March. One can always hope.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
A lot of this discussion belongs in the Predict Reveals thread rather than here, so please move this discussion there.

Nintendotard

Smash Lord
NNID
Mariotard
If that whole Capcom suing Nintendo thing was true due to Mega Man, all I was able to think to myself was "Wow, Capcom trying to cancel a game they're not even making just cuz it has Mega Man"

Guys, all these leaks suck :(. I'm hoping that Direct one is true cuz I want to be fed some new gameplay/trailers.

TechMage299

Smash Apprentice
NNID
TechMage299
3DS FC
3497-1921-5527
I heard that not all of the original 12 veterans are gonna make it back into smash for the fourth installment.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I hope falcon and jiggz get cut if anything
My lunch is threatened by your myopic confusion.

Best watch yourself for the Falcon Punch!

Sakurai himself supposedly said it.
I don't believe this post could be any more convincing. Such evidence, much proof.

In all seriousness, since it is technically on topic (since its a rumor) then you gotta have source. There's no way Sakurai would say something like that undocumented.

Shin F.

Smash Master
My lunch is threatened by your myopic confusion.

Best watch yourself for the Falcon Punch!

I don't believe this post could be any more convincing. Such evidence, much proof.

In all seriousness, since it is technically on topic (since its a rumor) then you gotta have source. There's no way Sakurai would say something like that undocumented.
I never was able to find a source when I heard about it, but as I recall, it came from Sakurai saying that he regretted nearly cutting Ness in favor of Lucas for Melee, and wouldn't consider doing that to the original 12 again.

But as I said, I looked many times but never found a source for it.

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
Warning Received
Eh...that's not necessarily true.

The one guy at Gamestop I talked to goes to conferences every year for the gaming companies, including Nintendo. He said he predicts Smash would be shown to release around November, and that isn't too hard to predict.

Also, I have it on good authority that grocery workers know where we get our stuff. I work at a grocery store in the produce department. I know where we get our stuff. I'M OFFENDED
I asked a gamestop employee if gamestop employees have inside info , he said no we just sell games. Does these conferences reveal info not released to the public would they risk leaks? Also does your friend claim to know the release date is nov. or is it just a geuss?

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68904054
So my buddy is an intern at the main NOA building, and claims to have Smash info. I'll tell you what she told me, but I have my doubts.

Ridley is in. Apparently is lighter than Bowser, and a reverse Little Mac.

A small robot with a little arm cannon, so I assume Chibi-Robo.

"Pale Zelda guy". Obviously Ghirahim.

Palutena, I showed him the leak photo and he says it looks about right.

Captain Rainbow is an assist.

Chrom is playable, and is a mix of Marth and Ike.

Ike is confirmed to be back, as is Jiggs.

Aventure mode will have boss fights.

Will try to talk more with her later.
his friend must be a transvestite since the friend was a she at first then became a he later on. Plus if this was true he screwed his friend's career.

Last edited by a moderator:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
Does anyone remember anything else claimed in that cucco leak?
That cuccos were an item/assist, and that K.Rool is playable.

Pages 1-400 were checked, as well as 500-600, by myself.
I had others help too, to make sure I was thorough.
They were a huge help, but this last heap of pages...
Idunno, i'm not going through them.
If someone wants to look, go for it.
Have fun scanning, heroes.
My search ends here.

Last edited:

EdgeTheLucas

Smash Lord
I check back in half an hour from when I posted and this thread hasn't jumped 3 pages.

I'm disappointed, guys.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I know this may sound crazy, and you may think I'm lying but I'm not bc I'm not. So, last week me and Mew2king met at a bar, and I was lookin' hot as usual. Anyways, we get to making out, and to impress me he tells me a few things about Smash Bros 4.

- Mewtwo returns, and is "retwerked" (His phrasing IDK)
- Impa replaces Sheik, but it's fat Impa. Her final Smash is Big Booty Blast
- Roy, Chrom, and Luncina are added, they're all clones of Marth. Final Smashes are "Roy's Our Boy Barrage", "Crumb Crash" and "I'm not Marth"
- Dixie Kong is in, and she is also a boss, leaving no room for K Rool. to rep DK
- Sakurai added Ridley, but it's the cute white chicken Ridley. His final Smash is too big.
- Toon Link is getting cut soon
- Palutena and Medusa are a comical tag team. They don't always agree, but they're stuck with one another. The banter is great.
- Rosalina uses turnips, but it's cool because theyre space turnips.
- Sakurai actually uses 4chan a lot, and added Waluigi
- K Rool is the stage hazard at Pyrosphere.
- Captain Falcon says "Show your moves" after every attack

I hope you guys are happy. Now he won't text me back bc I'm a leeker. FML
Cute white chicken ridley = cucco, case closed.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
That cuccos were an item/assist, and that K.Rool is playable.
I never said that definitively. I said I remember being satisfied with the leak's contents, which means one of K. Rool or Ridley was most likely in it, or at least that the leak didn't disconfirm either of them. All that the leak definitely contained was Cucco as one of several items.

Last edited:

gameb0ybryan

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RadRadical
I never said that definitively. I said I remember being satisfied with the leak's contents, which means one of K. Rool or Ridley was most likely in it, or at least that the leak didn't disconfirm either of them. All that the leak definitely contained was Cucco as one of several items.
Ah okay, sorry for assuming.

DiZ0X

Smash Cadet
I have a small theory regarding how to confirm whether or not "Ike is cut" leaks as April gets by. Before Rosalina was revealed, all other Mario characters were confirmed (Mario, Luigi, Bower, Peach). I posted this on GFAQs some time ago...

"When it time comes to reveal a newcomer, for other franchises like Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc., the previous veterans may be revealed beforehand.

I don't know if all unlockables count for this, as characters such as Luigi, Marth, Toon Link and Sonic have already been revealed. So I believe that before or if we do get anyone new, we'd still need Ganondorf and Sheik revealed from LoZ, Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff for Pokemon, Falco and Wolf for Starfox, and so on.

So a general assumption can be made that, if a newcomer is revealed without a veteran in the same franchise, said veteran may be cut (considering previous secret characters have been shown...)."

It seems possible, but then again, you can't really predict Sakurai. I apologize if this assumption was already brought forward.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I have a small theory regarding how to confirm whether or not "Ike is cut" leaks as April gets by. Before Rosalina was revealed, all other Mario characters were confirmed (Mario, Luigi, Bower, Peach). I posted this on GFAQs some time ago...

"When it time comes to reveal a newcomer, for other franchises like Donkey Kong, Legend of Zelda, Pokemon, etc., the previous veterans may be revealed beforehand.

I don't know if all unlockables count for this, as characters such as Luigi, Marth, Toon Link and Sonic have already been revealed. So I believe that before or if we do get anyone new, we'd still need Ganondorf and Sheik revealed from LoZ, Pokemon Trainer and Jigglypuff for Pokemon, Falco and Wolf for Starfox, and so on.

So a general assumption can be made that, if a newcomer is revealed without a veteran in the same franchise, said veteran may be cut (considering previous secret characters have been shown...)."

It seems possible, but then again, you can't really predict Sakurai. I apologize if this assumption was already brought forward.
Yeah that's been a common idea.

NNID
aiw1198
So I hate to add fuel to this speculation fire, but...

I just visited a Gamestop and asked if they were taking pre-orders for Smash 4 yet. A salesperson said that apparently Nintendo was caught up in a legal dispute with Capcom over acquiring the rights to the Megaman franchise. Capcom believed that Megaman was no longer profitable. For some reason, this legal battle threatened to cause Smash 4's release to be delayed (this also apparently explained the lack of character updates this month), but Nintendo won out in the end and was able to buy out the rights.

There was supposedly a video that explained this somewhere (guy said he saw it last weekend), but I have yet to find it myself. Google also turned up nothing. Given the reason pull of the Gamexplain tweet, there could be some credibility as Nintendo seems to be very hush hush when it comes to leaks like this.

Long story short, I would take this rumor with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.
This has confused me... If this had took place then that would mean Nintendo owned Megaman. So that would mean he's no longer 3rd party, right.
Sorry if this has already been said, for the past two days I've been attempting to get up to date with the thread and I'm still three pages behind -.-

S_B

Too Drunk to Smash
Switch FC
SW 5369-1969-6280
If by horrors you mean Sakurai posting "Honey Queen buzzes in", then yes.
It'll be Petey Piranha.

And one of his costume options will be to swap his already sketchy boxer shorts for a speedo.

On the subject of deleting the original 12, I find it highly unlikely. The only one who could conceivably be removed is Jiggs because Pokemon is plenty represented already, and at that point, why bother?

Last edited:

silver_blade001

Smash Apprentice
I hope people realize that he won't announce Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon. Mainly because they are the secret characters for all of the games, and before you say about Luigi, him being one of them, when he was announced Sakuri himself said that he normally wouldn't announce him but he did it for the year of Luigi.

BlitznBurst

Smash Ace
Sweet ****ing Christ this topic exploded fast since I last visited. I'm not sure if I should be grateful that 90% of the topic is people ****posting and can be easily skimmed over, or annoyed at having to wade through it in the first place

Or I could just look at the OP to see all the rumours without all the cancer attached but that would be boring

Staarih

Smash Master
I hope people realize that he won't announce Ness, Jigglypuff, and Captain Falcon. Mainly because they are the secret characters for all of the games, and before you say about Luigi, him being one of them, when he was announced Sakuri himself said that he normally wouldn't announce him but he did it for the year of Luigi.
Ness and Captain Falcon have changed their status between games: they were starters in Melee. I could personally see them both as starters this time too, so I could see them being revealed prior to game release. Jigglypuff on the other hand would probably remain secret.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom