• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes
Also worth mentioning that cuccos were discussed here on the forums around a month prior to the leak:

http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464/page-36

we should add one of the most iconic zelda characters. link has yet to kill this character, yet many people have fallen to this character and his army
Spoiler
Toggle Spoiler

I think it would be cool if he was an item instead. XD
When you hold him, you float down slowly like Peach's parasol. And when you damage the Cucco enough times, a flock of Cuccos attack the hitter and is inescapable leading to their death.

Last edited:

Bane84

Smash Journeyman
So I hate to add fuel to this speculation fire, but...

I just visited a Gamestop and asked if they were taking pre-orders for Smash 4 yet. A salesperson said that apparently Nintendo was caught up in a legal dispute with Capcom over acquiring the rights to the Megaman franchise. Capcom believed that Megaman was no longer profitable. For some reason, this legal battle threatened to cause Smash 4's release to be delayed (this also apparently explained the lack of character updates this month), but Nintendo won out in the end and was able to buy out the rights.

There was supposedly a video that explained this somewhere (guy said he saw it last weekend), but I have yet to find it myself. Google also turned up nothing. Given the reason pull of the Gamexplain tweet, there could be some credibility as Nintendo seems to be very hush hush when it comes to leaks like this.

Long story short, I would take this rumor with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.

Last edited:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
Yeah but, Pichu was like the main character in Pokemon Channel with 'Pichu Bros', Lucario has movies and Jigglypuff was in a lot of the 1st gen pokemon anime episodes.
Like I said, they had other things going for them.

I just visited a Gamestop and asked if they were taking pre-orders for Smash 4 yet. A salesperson said that apparently Nintendo was caught up in a legal dispute with Capcom over acquiring the rights to the Megaman franchise. Capcom believed that Megaman was no longer profitable. For some reason, this legal battle threatened to cause Smash 4's release to be delayed (this also apparently explained the lack of character updates this month), but Nintendo won out in the end and was able to buy out the rights.

There was supposedly a video that explained this somewhere (guy said he saw it last weekend), but I have yet to find it myself. Google also turned up nothing. Given the reason pull of the Gamexplain tweet, there could be some credibility as Nintendo seems to be very hush hush when it comes to leaks like this.

Long story short, I would take this rumor with a grain of salt until proven otherwise.
As in, Nintendo now owns Mega Man? I WANT THIS TO BE TRUE SO BAD. MML3 WILL LIVE ON!!!!

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

Oooh man... this is strange news..
Capcom believing that Megaman was no longer profitable? What?

TheMagicalKuja

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2020-0988-7919

That salesperson has to be talking BS, because they would have sorted that sort of thing out once Megaman was unveiled. If they seriously were fighting over the rights of the entire franchise, they would have done so before Capcom lended them Megaman, wouldn't they? How the hell would this sort of thing affect SSB in the first place?

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I don't care what insider info they claim to have, I really dislike the belief that GameStop employees are reliable source.

I'll believe it when I see it.

ActionHankBeard

Smash Apprentice
NNID
ActionHankBeard
Gamestop employees (or any game store for that matter) have no insider information. I have personal friends that work in game stores and they barely know release dates. Like dude said, something such as a legal dispute w/ Capcom would've been resolved long before Mega Man was included in Smash Bros.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
Surely Capcom see SSB4 as a way to make MM profitable again. I doubt they want to bury him. They'd be as excited as anyone about the potential new fanbase Smash can bring him. Hell, I even bough the first 5 MM's on my 3DS just because he's in Smash.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Why would the guy at the game store have any inside information? The grocery store clerk doesn't know where those bananas came from, he just sells them to you.
Eh...that's not necessarily true.

The one guy at Gamestop I talked to goes to conferences every year for the gaming companies, including Nintendo. He said he predicts Smash would be shown to release around November, and that isn't too hard to predict.

Also, I have it on good authority that grocery workers know where we get our stuff. I work at a grocery store in the produce department. I know where we get our stuff. I'M OFFENDED

EmbersToAshes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EmbersToAshes

The one guy at Gamestop I talked to goes to conferences every year for the gaming companies, including Nintendo. He said he predicts Smash would be shown to release around November, and that isn't too hard to predict.

Also, I have it on good authority that grocery workers know where we get our stuff. I work at a grocery store in the produce department. I know where we get our stuff. I'M OFFENDED
I can't help but think details such as this would be the kind Gamestop workers WOULD know. Working retail, we're often given reasons for delays on products, and information on when to expect new lines - I can't see why a Gamestop worker wouldn't receive similar information.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
I can't help but think details such as this would be the kind Gamestop workers WOULD know. Working retail, we're often given reasons for delays on products, and information on when to expect new lines - I can't see why a Gamestop worker wouldn't receive similar information.
That's possible. As a produce clerk, I am told why certain products don't come in and such. Although certain details about games are probably different because that kind of stuff would get blown around the internet. Me telling people why we didn't get our shipment of Organic Beets probably wouldn't.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68904054
So my buddy is an intern at the main NOA building, and claims to have Smash info. I'll tell you what she told me, but I have my doubts.

Ridley is in. Apparently is lighter than Bowser, and a reverse Little Mac.

A small robot with a little arm cannon, so I assume Chibi-Robo.

"Pale Zelda guy". Obviously Ghirahim.

Palutena, I showed him the leak photo and he says it looks about right.

Captain Rainbow is an assist.

Chrom is playable, and is a mix of Marth and Ike.

Ike is confirmed to be back, as is Jiggs.

Aventure mode will have boss fights.

Will try to talk more with her later.

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
So my buddy is an intern at the main NOA building, and claims to have Smash info. I'll tell you what she told me, but I have my doubts.

Lowest amount of effort for a leak. :p
I don't believe it.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433

His/Her buddy is changing between a guy and a girl. He calls her a she then says he showed 'him' the Palutena photo. And how could he/she know who the Japanese only character Captain Rainbow is, but not Ghirahim.

So bad.

Silvera

Jammin' Jammies
3DS FC
4914-7114-2601
Switch FC
SW-2130-5650-7930

Weak.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Lowest amount of effort for a leak. :p
I don't believe it.
It is. That didn't take long.
"Yes this is fake. But you didn't do you deductive reasoning to prove the fakeness. Sherlock Holmes is crying somewhere. Or would be if he had emotions."
Waste of time just to prove a point.

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
Nvm, fake. Apparently people are making leaks for Gbleek.

Last edited:

BluePikmin11

NNID
blue
Mike Jones was considered? I doubt that greatly, as I have a really hard time exploring obscure Nintendo games outside of Japan.
Edit: Wat.. well that ended quickly. And there goes his plan. :p

Last edited:

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
Has there been anything notable? I don't want to bring up Palutena again considering that's been beaten to death time and time again.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I'm fairly sure R.O.B. and Wolf are the new Lucario and Toon Link. Peeps learn nothing.

Also why would Nintendo have to fight to acquire the entire Megaman franchise from Capcom. At this point they'd probably just give it up willingly.

Honestly if Sonic and Megaman were bought by Nintendo. I'd probably die happy. Both deserve better than Sega and Capcom at this point.

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
His/Her buddy is changing between a guy and a girl. He calls her a she then says he showed 'him' the Palutena photo. And how could he/she know who the Japanese only character Captain Rainbow is, but not Ghirahim.

So bad.
Well.
They could be a shape-shifter.
You don't know that.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Hawlucha is too random imo, he isn't a starter or a legendary... I can see the moveset being creative but the same can be said about Hitmonchan, Hitmonlee, Machamp, or any humanoid pokemon.
He is still popular and will most likely become a future poster boy for the series. That new leak is terrible and the other one, R.O.B. almost cut and hoenn trainer and the dk part lol fake.

Last edited:

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
All this cucco leak talk makes me think of this.
Thank you. I understand everyone is bored/will jump at any prospective/vague leak especially after it gets confirmed to be partially correct, but truth be told, Cuccos have been a common suggestion since 64. If this was something like the Dragoon Item Leak in Brawl, where the person not only predicted the 3-part Dragoon items, but also how it would work with the crosshair, then I would understand. But "Cuccos will be an item/AT" is about as safe as saying "Yoshi will be a playable character in this game."

Alternatively this - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=swQnf9g4H3Q#t=14s

He is still popular and will most likely become a future poster boy for the series. That new leak is terrible and the other one, R.O.B. almost cut and hoenn trainer and the dk part lol fake.
I think Hawlucha is far from being poster-boy status, since in the games it even gets usurped by Lucario. People just bandwagon behind it because it's the "humanesque" character of choice to rally behind, much like Zoroark/Genesect in lieu of Lucario's reveal.

This isn't the thread for specific character discussion, but I'd advise all of you to take this into account for future leaks.

thedoctr11

Smash Apprentice
NNID
thedoctr11
Did we discuss this? looks pretty worthless to me. For now I'm calling this the "Sorry Leak". :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68896166

I have a leak I need to share with you all. It Sorry that it's not a lot of info , but I was only told this.

There are no returning characters or newcomers left for March.

There is a direct in April for Isaac. Also a new Advance Wars game for WiiU, and a new Metroid for WiiU.

Isaac is a playable character. The next direct is introducing Isaac.
Sheik is a returning character. Sheik is the next returning character to be revealed.

Lip's Stick is a returning item. Lip / Furil is not playable.

Takamaru is a new Asssist Trophy, not playable.

There are costumes.

There are no new multi-man guys, it is the same alloys from Brawl.

And the final thing I was told was that Adventure Mode is faster to finish and has no cutscenes, but otherwise plays just like the Subspace Emissary.

Sorry it was so short.
we had this "leak".

Sorry double post.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
A new Metroid is a bold claim. Surely that would be saved for E3?
You'd think so. In fact, claiming any game announcements for the next Direct seems farfetched considering E3 is so soon.

Any rumour about April's Direct would only be believable if it's stated to focus on MK8 and maybe new Hyrule Warriors info.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Exactly. Mario Kart 8 would be the main show at the April direct.

Speaking of which, those leaks might start popping up soon... :smirk:

GmanSir

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GmanSir
About the gamestop employees....I have a friend that works at Best Buy, and his store got the NA release date for Kirby Triple Deluxe like 3 days earlier then when Nintendo officially announced it. He also knew when MK8 pre-orders were getting open. They know stuff, but like half a week earlier. I doubt the GS worker would know the release of a holiday title, much less the 3DS version which is speculated to come out later than the Wii U version.

Zynux

Smash Lord
I'm fairly sure R.O.B. and Wolf are the new Lucario and Toon Link. Peeps learn nothing.
When it comes to leaks, I don't write off weird cuts anymore. If Mewtwo taught us anything, its that anybody can be cut regardless of reason or logic. While it is true that lucas, Wolf, ROB, etc. seem to be leakers just jumping on the "cut bandwagon", and while I completely disagree with their cuts, I wouldn't be surprised if it happened.

Did we discuss this? looks pretty worthless to me. For now I'm calling this the "Sorry Leak". :)

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68896166

I have a leak I need to share with you all. It Sorry that it's not a lot of info , but I was only told this.

There are no returning characters or newcomers left for March.

There is a direct in April for Isaac. Also a new Advance Wars game for WiiU, and a new Metroid for WiiU.

Isaac is a playable character. The next direct is introducing Isaac.
Sheik is a returning character. Sheik is the next returning character to be revealed.

Lip's Stick is a returning item. Lip / Furil is not playable.

Takamaru is a new Asssist Trophy, not playable.

There are costumes.

There are no new multi-man guys, it is the same alloys from Brawl.

And the final thing I was told was that Adventure Mode is faster to finish and has no cutscenes, but otherwise plays just like the Subspace Emissary.

Sorry it was so short.
Claiming not one, but two games to be announced at a very specific time? Man, when will leakers learn. With that said, if those two things actually happened, it would give that leak a lot of credibility, but the chances are so slim I have to wonder why they bother to gamble on it.

Last edited:

Zhadgon

Smash Lord
NNID
Zhadgon
So here is food for thought, if the next Nintendo Direct is focusing in Mario Kart are we sure that we will receive a new comer for Smash, if many leaks start appearing with potential new comers and in the end there is nothing to show because E3 is closer and Sakurai as Nintendo decide to show more information of Smash in E3 how many leaks do you think will be killed?

I think a leak that say nothing will be show this next Nintendo Direct and focus more in E3 is better to keep watching and not forget about it.
.n_n.

Last edited:

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Hey, at least he's not saying "Chrom will be revealed in April" like so, so many GameFAQsers undoubtedly will before long, just like they did with Diddy, Dixie, Kong Duo, Yoshi, and Yoshi + Baby Mario over the past two months. This guy may actually have been one of the few who has learned a thing or two by throwing out a random character.

T

Trick or Treat

We have so much in common. I work at a grocery store as a cashier. I used to do Produce, and occasionally get pulled there to help out when they need it. :5

And yes I know where our 'wares' come from and why they're delayed. Obviously it's different than something actually useful and important like video games.

Gaxel

Smash Ace
So, I was thinking who could April's newcomer be so I calculated chances somewhat.

Super Metroid's USA release anniversary this April as well as Metroid Fusion being released on the Wii U. Ridley, ZSS or a different Metroid representative can be revealed.

Fire Emblem anniversary might mean Chrom or a different FE representative.

Golden Sun being released on Wii U might mean Isaac.

NES Remix 2 being released might mean Ice Climbers or a new retro representative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom