• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
We need another decent picture leak; what happened to the guy who made the Palutena leak anyway?
He was content with his work, and ascended to a higher plane of existence.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
You know, sometimes I feel like some leaks try too hard to be unique. Like, if you want to separate your fake leak from the other fake leaks, that's fine, but don't go wild, like saying "The game's coming out tomorrow, but we just started development on Character X 5 seconds ago!"
Um...*quietly deletes leak*.

Last edited:

DangerDamage

Smash Journeyman
I talked to my gamestop employee to and they have 5/30/14 as the release date in there systems. I also asked them if they had any inside info for working at gamestop, and he said no gamestop employes just sell games.
Why is this being ignored

If it's true, why would they release SSB4 a day before MK8?

That's literally going to screw sales o.o

So it probably isn't true?

majora_787

Smash Hero
I dunno. Would it REALLY screw sales? Mario Kart and Smash Bros. are the kinds of titles people buy even if the other comes out nearby. Games get released near or simultaneously to each other sometimes. It happens.

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
2nd dude get's an A+ for creativity. Makes me want to believe it.
I agree. Haven't heard that reasoning yet. Clever approach. I can't see Sakurai putting two Mario characters in a trailer and only revealing one... seems so mean.

Imagine a trailer that has Toad, only for them to be kicked out by Bowser Jr. Heads would roll.

majora_787

Smash Hero
I agree. Haven't heard that reasoning yet. Clever approach. I can't see Sakurai putting two Mario characters in a trailer and only revealing one... seems so mean.

Imagine a trailer that has Toad, only for them to be kicked out by Bowser Jr. Heads would roll.
Roll... on the floor laughing?

I'm sorry, I had to. But yeah no seriously. I'm pretty sure any time from summer to fall is a reasonable time for a release to be happening considering how long it's been, and the Wii U could really use smash; I doubt they'd put it off just so it doesn't overlap another game people will buy either way.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman

How on earth could anyone prefer Toad over Bowser Jr for a fighting game? That's like saying Goomba should be in over Mario.

Last edited:

Radical Bones

Soul King
Switch FC
SW-3027-1027-5433
How on earth could anyone prefer Toad over Bowser Jr for a fighting game? That's like saying Goomba should be in over Mario.
It's not really the same thing at all. Toad is a playable veteran in the Mario universe, and Bowser Jr. is a reasonably new Villain. Both have their pros and cons.

Debate it in the character thread if you want to talk about it.

Tollhouse

Smash Journeyman
It's not really the same thing at all. Toad is a playable veteran in the Mario universe, and Bowser Jr. is a reasonably new Villain. Both have their pros and cons.

Debate it in the character thread if you want to talk about it.
I won't debate on characters who should be in but in my opinion if a leak were to say there's another Mario newcomer in addition to Rosalina, I would find Bowser Jr. believable.

And who the hell is Dio Brando?

Last edited:

soviet prince

I am the terror that flaps in the night
NNID
7066-9708-9591
I am sure 5/30/14 is a place holder but a weird one, you thin the would use june since it ends the first half of the year. unless smash was initially a spring release and they did not expect mario kart to take as long as may so they had to move the release date back.

N. Onymous

Smash Champion
NNID
Midnuh
Switch FC
SW-5043-4045-6926
Did I miss something...y we talking about a guy from Jojo's
Was there a leak with a guy from Jojo's 0_o
There was, but it was an up-front admitted fake done as an example of how easy it is to falsify a website "leak".

Last edited:

Soupenomics

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
0361-6913-7316
Just saw this advertisement, thought it was fitting.
leaks.png

The leaks are an analogy for leaks. I'm not sure what the baby is an analogy for, I may have to do more soul searching for that.

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Because Toad has been a playable character for several decades where he has fought his way through Bowser, Wario and Wart's armies and Bowser Jr. can't defeat either plumber, or Blue/Yellow Toad in the NSMB Wii games?

Just saying. Toad's defeated stuff. Jr. hasn't.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
I am sure 5/30/14 is a place holder but a weird one, you thin the would use june since it ends the first half of the year. unless smash was initially a spring release and they did not expect mario kart to take as long as may so they had to move the release date back.
Coincidentally the 30th of May was also a placeholder date for Brawl's European release at one point. Brings back bad memories.

Sabrewulf238

Smash Hero
Just saw this advertisement, thought it was fitting.
View attachment 10420
The leaks are an analogy for leaks. I'm not sure what the baby is an analogy for, I may have to do more soul searching for that.
I thought it was an analogy for leeks? You know the vegetable?

What am I going to put on this leek now that I can't make it wear a nappy? What does Huggies have against leeks? They have needs too!

Redmagpie93

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Redmagpie93
Because Toad has been a playable character for several decades where he has fought his way through Bowser, Wario and Wart's armies and Bowser Jr. can't defeat either plumber, or Blue/Yellow Toad in the NSMB Wii games?

But his point was that Toad's defining traits in the games he's playable are being quick, panicky or in Captain Toad's case, can't even jump! Whereas Jr has his hovercraft, the paintbrush, shell, shadow mario transformation etc that spring to mind quickly... sure Toad could easily have a moveset spun out but doesn't have as obvious unique potential
hence leaks with Jr seem more likely than with Toad

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
But his point was that Toad's defining traits in the games he's playable are being quick, panicky or in Captain Toad's case, can't even jump! Whereas Jr has his hovercraft, the paintbrush, shell, shadow mario transformation etc that spring to mind quickly... sure Toad could easily have a moveset spun out but doesn't have as obvious unique potential hence leaks with Jr seem more likely than with Toad
Oh I see. I thought it was basically questioning why people would prefer Toad over Bowser Jr to which there's quite a big list of achievements that Toad has managed over his 29 years of appearances.

If we're really honest though a sixth Mario character is pretty unlikely anyway. Every time I see any Mario character in a leak after Rosalina's reveal I nearly always end up leaning more towards calling it fake.

Entertaining leak regardless; can't wait for this rumoured Tingle trailer.

Much more entertaining than the previous leak in that post from Blue:

Takamaru
Isaac
Shulk
Chrom
Crono
LLoyd Irving
Vyse

All swordsmen. Three third party swordsmen at that. I think we can pretty much discount this one from the get go.

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
Oh I see. I thought it was basically questioning why people would prefer Toad over Bowser Jr to which there's quite a big list of achievements that Toad has managed over his 29 years of appearances.

If we're really honest though a sixth Mario character is pretty unlikely anyway. Every time I see any Mario character in a leak after Rosalina's reveal I nearly always end up leaning more towards calling it fake.

Entertaining leak regardless; can't wait for this rumoured Tingle trailer.

Much more entertaining than the previous leak in that post from Blue:

Takamaru
Isaac
Shulk
Chrom
Crono
LLoyd Irving
Vyse

All swordsmen. Three third party swordsmen at that. I think we can pretty much discount this one from the get go.
Lmao, even though those are too many characters that use swords all of them are miles better than a generic Toad. Helps to have played all of their games too. Any leaks with C-tier characters like Tingle and Toad are guaranteed fakes.

Last edited:

Priap0s

Smash Journeyman
Lmao, even though those are too many characters that use swords all of them are miles better than a generic Toad. Helps to have played all of their games too. Any leaks with C-tier characters like Tingle and Toad are guaranteed fakes.
Nice personal opinions you got going there mate! Thanks for sharing.

While I support neither myself I wouldn't claim them to be c-tier characters and I realise that both of them have alot of supporters. As far as wanted newcomers go I think they go into the highest tier (depending on how many characters that should be in each tier). On the top of my head the only ones I can see, that are no doubt more popular wants, are King K Rool and Ridley. It's not all about you you know. I think claiming that any leak containing one of them (Tingle or Toad) is guaranteed to be fake is just your emotions getting the better of you.

Farrac

Smash Apprentice
A quick and easy tip for spotting a fake "leak" is excess of information!

Looking back on the legitimate Brawl and Melee full roster leaks, they both have something very specific in common. They're just a list of names with no explanation. There's no "Sakurai wanted to add K. Rool, but there was rights issues" or "Sakurai added Balloon Fighter BECAUSE *reasons*". In fact, Melee's infamously listed "Roy", a character whose game had yet to be even announced in Japan, leading some to guess it meant Roy Koopa (or consider the roster false). The leaker didn't explain who Roy was or why he was added to Smash, because he doesn't know. The information is only going to leak out through content translators, people working on magazines or strategy guides, people who are just going to gain access to a list of names, possible description of design if they have access to pictures and nothing more.

For anyone to be close enough to know in-depth information as to who ALMOST got in, or WHY this character was chosen, they'd have to be a lead in the development team or higher up at Nintendo, who aren't going to be in the position to leak information. If anyone claiming to have sensitive information starts going into specific details into "Sakurai's process" for choosing or cutting someone it's pretty safe to say it's fake.
I can't fin those legitimate leaks, could someone post a picture of them or something?

MasterofMonster

Smash Master
That's a lot of Swordsmen. :/ Only thing I don't like about the Newcomers this time are that Villager, WFT, MegaMan, Rosalina and Little Mac are all... human. (yes, one is kinda a robot, one is a space princess, etc etc) Characters like Ridley and Duck Hunt Dog are needed to keep the character's apperances varied!

Also, yeah, that swordsmen rumor is horribly obviously fake, though. XD

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
You're right. Skies of Arcadia's Vyse is waaaay more likely than Toad or Tingle. As is having nothing but swordsmen as newcomers.

I yield to your superior knowledge.

But seriously, I'm guessing we're not even going to entertain that leak as possible?

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Anyone check Gamefaqs(lol) or NeoGaf for rumors? I would, but I have leftover Fried Chicken to munch on...

GreenReaperGod

Smash Lord
Have we discussed this one? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68803688

Hi there. I am a translator for Nintendo. I am working on the new Super Smash Brothers game, and have been sent a tentative list of things to translate, and what category. Note That some sections, such the Assisting Characters, are not complete. I hope you enjoy what I know.

Newcomer List
Murabito
Rockman
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosetta and Chiko
Reflet
Ridley
K Rool
Palutena
Diskun
Shulk
Robin
Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie Kong
Mii

Assist Trophy
Sallya
Doctor Wily
Cranky Kong
Kamekku
Mut

Pokeball
Yveltal
Ruchaburu
Gigaiath
Victini
Shandera

Hope you all enjoy Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS. If I do not simply throw away my account, which has a high chance, I will post more assists...

Pacack

Super Pac-Fan
NNID
Pacack
3DS FC
0688-5284-6845
Have we discussed this one? http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/633202-super-smash-bros-for-wii-u/68803688

Hi there. I am a translator for Nintendo. I am working on the new Super Smash Brothers game, and have been sent a tentative list of things to translate, and what category. Note That some sections, such the Assisting Characters, are not complete. I hope you enjoy what I know.

Newcomer List
Murabito
Rockman
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosetta and Chiko
Reflet
Ridley
K Rool
Palutena
Diskun
Shulk
Robin
Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie Kong
Mii

Assist Trophy
Sallya
Doctor Wily
Cranky Kong
Kamekku
Mut

Pokeball
Yveltal
Ruchaburu
Gigaiath
Victini
Shandera

Hope you all enjoy Super Smash Brothers for Wii U and 3DS. If I do not simply throw away my account, which has a high chance, I will post more assists...
Here's a silly question for you. If he's a professional translator...

Why didn't he translate the character's names all into English for his English audience?

Last edited:

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Newcomer List
Murabito
Rockman
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosetta and Chiko
Reflet
Ridley
K Rool
Palutena
Diskun
Shulk
Robin
Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie Kong
Mii

Assist Trophy
Sallya
Doctor Wily
Cranky Kong
Kamekku
Mut

Pokeball
Yveltal
Ruchaburu
Gigaiath
Victini
Shandera

Who is reflet? and thats too many newcomers to be real. Even though that would make for a happy fanbase this is just too much.

TCT~Phantom

Smash Master
Writing Team
NNID
TCT~Phantom
Reflet is The My Unit's default name in Japan. And Robin is Isaac's Japanese name I think...

If we don't count Mewtwo and Roy as Newcomers, that would be... 14 newcomers.

Its better then Betternet...

Last edited:

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero

Newcomer List
Villager
Megaman
Little Mac
Wii Fit Trainer
Rosalina and Luma
Robin
Ridley
K Rool
Palutena
Diskun
Shulk
Isaac
Mewtwo
Roy
Dixie Kong
Mii

Assist Trophy
Tharja
Doctor Wily
Cranky Kong
Kamek
Mut(not sure on this one)

Pokeball
Yveltal
Hawlucha
Gigalith
Victini
Chandelure

Translated to the english names.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Oop that was my mistake; the second one is probably Isaac. His Japanese name is Robin.
So the original Robin that wasn't translated is likely Issac. Huh...

In any case, while this isn't one of those hyper detailed all questions answered leaks, it still falls into the giant crowd pleaser roster category.

Gaxel

Smash Ace

Horrible logic. Very bad...

That's like saying Bowser himself never beat Mario, he shouldn't be in.

Ganondorf never beat Link, he shouldn't be in.

Let's just not have any villains...

YoshiandToad

Smash Hero
Horrible logic. Very bad...

That's like saying Bowser himself never beat Mario, he shouldn't be in.

Ganondorf never beat Link, he shouldn't be in.

Let's just not have any villains...
Firstly; Major villain=/=sub boss in terms of importance.

Secondly; Bowser Jr. is important, but I'd argue he's only as important as Toad considering he was missing from 3D World, and has been just a member of the Koopalings for 3 games before that.

Thirdly; Probably not the right place to discuss it here in detail, but feel free to hit me up for a PM argument.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom