• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Here are both K. Rool images, in case anyone wants to do a Palutena-esque fake check on them.

Also, I will warn anyone who posts or discusses Tropical Freeze Final Boss in this thread. That's not an SSB4 leak, it's a Tropical Freeze video.

PlayerOneTyler

Sr. Community Manager, Smashboards Editor / Social
Oh yeah that's a rehash of that fan art. The teeth look the same, the shoulder muscle is the same, the crown is the same, the way the cape lines up is the same. Next.

andimidna

Smash Master
I doubt "Luma Ball" would be Rosalina's Final Smash when it could be her Comet Observatory from the ending of Galaxy 1. I mean, it's more iconic than Gateway Galaxy, doesn't appear in the background like Starship Mario, and she's freakin' riding it in her reveal trailer! How could that NOT be her Final Smash?!

Marakatu

Smash Ace
That K Rool render just a well done fake. Whoever did this bothered to change the position of the head, but it's fake nonetheless.
*goes back to lurking*

Last edited:

Reila

the true enemy of humanity is anime
That K Rool render just a well done fake. Whoever did this bothered to change the position of the head, but it's fake nonetheless.
*goes back to lurking*
Nice. Funny how this one was debunked in a matter of hours, while Palutena's leak is out there for weeks (likely because it isn't a fake)

andimidna

Smash Master
I don't think that fake is good at all tbh... where does it look real or match SSB4's artstyle at all? It even has Brawl's background and not the new gray one...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Until I see a legit Smash leak from 4chan, I'm not even considering something like that Yoshi/Baby Mario thing to be true.

I remember when VGX was supposed to have a trailer for Miis using Reggie's Mii as the promoted one.
Hell, I remember when there was supposed to be that one trailer at E3 that had Tharja of all characters shown off alongside other Newcomers.

Last edited by a moderator:

Dan

Smash Lord
I like the concept of that Yoshi leak, but I think that would be too much "Year of" overkill after Luigi's year. If that leak is true, that could be a good reason why they've been keeping Yoshi concealed though, and I would be all for a Yoshi + Baby Mario combo. I kind of believe this more now, as that would be good promotion for the new Yoshi's Island game.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Until I see a legit Smash leak from 4chan, I'm not even considering something like that Yoshi/Baby Mario thing to be true.

I remember when VGX was supposed to have a trailer for Miis using Reggie's Mii as the promoted one.
Hell, I remember when there was supposed to be that one trailer at E3 that had Tharja of all characters shown off alongside other Newcomers.
Fair enough, but I think this particular one at least deserves an eye kept on it. If the leaker didn't previously know there would be a Nintendo Direct Thursday, then that was an extremely lucky guess.

Dan

Smash Lord
You could immediately tell the K. Rool leak was fake because it was a cartoon drawing and not a 3D model.

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
Fair enough, but I think this particular one at least deserves an eye kept on it. If the leaker didn't previously know there would be a Nintendo Direct Thursday, then that was an extremely lucky guess.
but I kinda thought there was going to be a direct tomorrow.

Does that mean you guys should keep an eye on me?

*sinks in chair*

Dan

Smash Lord
The only thing I'm skeptical about with that Yoshi leak is a whole new Paper Mario dedicated to Mario and Yoshi. It just seems too fast for a new Paper Mario game and too much Yoshi overkill, even though it could be his year after all.

Thunderfang747

Smash Journeyman
Maybe I'm missing something, was there evidence previously that a Direct would happen tomorrow? I thought we were just speculating random days and the direct just happened to land there.

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
but I kinda thought there was going to be a direct tomorrow.

Does that mean you guys should keep an eye on me?

*sinks in chair*
I miss your beedrill, and no we shouldn't :p

I think we should keep an eye on that yoshi rumor to see if it holds any weight. and the tag-team leak.

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
I was discussing with friends what might be the direct. I guessed that Yoshi might get a new look and changes to his moveset. We shall see.
The one thing I don't get is the trailer for Yoshi. He's not a newcomer, and not third party.
So why is he so special to get one? Luigi didn't, and it was during the Year of Luigi.

Last edited:

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
but.... butt.... I already had like 2 complaints that people missed this avatar since I switched to beedrill last month.

*sigh* I can't win....
Alright fine mac, stick with that one. your still cool bro.

I'm trying not to go off topic here......

The one thing I don't get is the trailer for Yoshi. He's not a newcomer, and not third party.
So why is he so special to get one? Luigi didn't, and it was during the Year of Luigi.
this guy has a point. but there could be a first time for everything.

Last edited:

Starcutter

Resident Beedrill
NNID
Legendofrob1
3DS FC
1908-0357-9077
maybe it's because of the fabled "big revamp"?
lol I know one is happening tomorrow for sure, but I was responding to LegendOfRob saying he predicted it would happen tomorrow before the confirmation. I didn't want to say the 4chan leaker made a lucky guess and be wrong.
Yesterday, (that being tuesday) I had convinced myself that there would be a nintendo direct to show off TF. it wasn't going to be today, since they usually let us know ahead of time, and it wouldn't be friday, cause it might be too late.

and lucky me, I guessed right!

Last edited:

SuperMii3D

Mii-Based Fighter
NNID
PizzaDeliveryKid
3DS FC
5284-1700-6123
The only thing I'm skeptical about with that Yoshi leak is a whole new Paper Mario dedicated to Mario and Yoshi. It just seems too fast for a new Paper Mario game and too much Yoshi overkill, even though it could be his year after all.
Well, thats true, but its only an announcement. A release can be late into the year for all we know

Last edited:

Substitution

Deacon Blues
NNID
MisterVideo
We've already had around nine newcomers revealed to us (a couple of them getting major changes, and a few being in directs). He would've done it by now.

Baby Mario is a newcomer, so i think that maybe counts as one....
But then what would that make Yoshi?

Last edited:

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman
There should be some X and Bayo stuff too. There were some retweets from other devs. But it might just be for the Japan one as that one is a whole day later. It would be hilarious if we get this Yoshi one and Japan gets the jam packed one.

Also the trailer for Yoshi may be just a crap consolation one like Sonic got.

Last edited:

andalsoandy

Smash Lord
I can't wait for this Direct. It's gonna kill loads of leaks, and possibly prove one right.

I've got my proxy ready to stream it in English class.

oh man...

the hype is killer...

McDuckletts

Smash Ace
NNID
JaredandCompany
3DS FC
2105-8715-5535
Here are both K. Rool images, in case anyone wants to do a Palutena-esque fake check on them.

Also, I will warn anyone who posts or discusses Tropical Freeze Final Boss in this thread. That's not an SSB4 leak, it's a Tropical Freeze video.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom