• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I think it's rather sad that the last two leaks/rumors worth talking about involve veterans that are undoubtedly coming back anyway. :ohwell:

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357
How about it just some blurred thing some people THINK it's Ness or Jigglypuff? Really, you can't conclude anything from that.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
Big white blob looks like a cat, and I guess the other thing looks like Ness. The TVs in Nintendogs are a part of the interiors you can buy. In Nintendogs DS, it was all dogs (except in the space station,which had space things) because cats weren't around yet. In +Cats, there were cats and dogs. (Except in the SMB interior. Take a guess what was on the TV.)

I can see what looks like it could be Ness. But what I really see is a small white dog, with black ears and something red behind it. The "Jigglypuff" is to blurred to make out what it is.

I can see this quickly turning into another cloud prophecy.

If you take a closer look at what is supposed to be "Ness' s" body, it extends towards the back like it is on all fours, while looking forward. It is a Nintendog(pet) stage, it would be logical to show more pets in the background elements, like they did on the televisions in the actual Nintendog games. I do not believe it is Ness or Jigglypuff.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Can we go back to that Professor Layton twitter? Was it really run by Nintendo? I know Nintendo can be a very humorous company, but something seems sort of bad business about them running a twitter and hinting at Mega Man, Little Mac, Layton and Geno being in Smash Brothers and then they don't show up.

Especially after one of them already has.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
We could make fake leaks and post them on GFAQS er, scour the internet for leaks.
I know you're joking about making fake leaks (or I hope you are) but I'd much rather take a look at older leaks again than have to sift through these new ones our users keep making. Honestly, it makes us kind of look bad, and discredits us. Though I'd agree that the picture of the tv is not much to go on. But I'd rather see that than 5 new leaks from smashboards users.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
I know you're joking about making fake leaks (or I hope you are) but I'd much rather take a look at older leaks again than have to sift through these new ones our users keep making. Honestly, it makes us kind of look bad, and discredits us. Though I'd agree that the picture of the tv is not much to go on. But I'd rather see that than 5 new leaks from smashboards users.
What is there to even go over? We've busted every pic that isn't Palutena, and the text leaks can't be disproven until Sakurai trolls us again.

Can we go back to that Professor Layton twitter? Was it really run by Nintendo? I know Nintendo can be a very humorous company, but something seems sort of bad business about them running a twitter and hinting at Mega Man, Little Mac, Layton and Geno being in Smash Brothers and then they don't show up.

I believe it was a legit account from level-5 used to promote the Layton series. Also, I think Nintendo said that it was not a affiliated with them and had no ties to smash brothers. I personally keep this one on the back burner, just in case it turns out to be real.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
I legitimately tried to look for some, but everything was either for Palutena, obviously fake rosters, and, ironically, links to this very thread.

Maybe something interesting will pop up in tomorrow's PotD at least?

TempleofDreams

Smash Rookie

I made this if someone needs help. I know, this makes Action 52 look like a masterpiece.

Last edited:

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
I believe it was a legit account from level-5 used to promote the Layton series. Also, I think Nintendo said that it was not a affiliated with them and had no ties to smash brothers. I personally keep this one on the back burner, just in case it turns out to be real.
That even seems sort of dickish of level 5 too on behalf of promoting their own character that is.

UltimateWario

Smash Master
inb4 Ness and Jigglypuff are both cut

It isn't run by Nintendo, that's for sure. If it was run by Layton's owners, I'm sure they know full well of Geno's infamy when referring to Smash Bros. and were likely capitalizing on the closest thing to a meme the Smash series has besides Ridley's size "argument".

UltimateWario

Smash Master
Seriously though, Layton is third party and his story line ended last year in Japan. There's this 'Layton 7', but it looks more like a code-name or something.
Though I don't support Layton either way,
at the end of Lucas's game, he destroyed the entire Mother universe. Everyone in Mother/Earthbound is dead and the world annihilated, one reason there will never be further games in the series.

Kinda makes this argument irrelevant.

That even seems sort of ****ish of level 5 too on behalf of promoting their own character that is.
Well, I cannot blame them. They wanted to promote their series and using a already popular series that incorporates different characters from different worlds, would do just what they wanted.

Or you could be believe that it was a slip up. That Nintendo was upset that they spoiled details of one their most popular franchises and claimed not to be involved. Nintendo is known to clam up when something gets leaked that was not supposed to.

NintendoKnight

Smash Lord
Climbing the mountain I made from a molehill
NNID
Nin-Knight
at the end of Lucas's game, he destroyed the entire Mother universe. Everyone in Mother/Earthbound is dead and the world annihilated, one reason there will never be further games in the series.

Actually...

Ness and Lucas hail from completely different worlds entirely, though Lucas' world was decimated and reborn in some way, Ness' world was untouched by the event. Even then, the span of time between Earthbound and Mother 3 already indicated that Ness was long gone by the time Mother 3 happened.

Not that it matters too much.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054

I ment how he'd be a dated third party after SSB4.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
I see blobs. But it doesnt matter. Who really thinks they arent going to make it back?

iam8bit

Smash Ace
*Comes in to look for more rumors*

*Takes a look at last page*

*Quietly leaves*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom