• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spazzy_D

Smash Hero
NNID
Spazzy_D
3DS FC
1590-4700-7117
The WVBA, or World Video Boxing Association is the fictitious boxing association Mac fights in. Check out the corner of the ring when Mac rolls in, this is especially important to note as this is the title defense ring.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
The WVBA, or World Video Boxing Association is the fictitious boxing association Mac fights in. Check out the corner of the ring when Mac rolls in, this is especially important to note as this is the title defense ring.

Yep, my bad. I read the acronym wrong. Didn't see the V.

Kirks21

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Kirks_43
3DS FC
1848-1728-8218
It's the leaky 3: Little Mac, Mii, and Pac-Man.
Surely you've heard of that one?
I've heard the rumors, but I didnt know it was an actual "leak." Who or what is claiming to be the source?

Rasumii

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Rasumii
I've heard the rumors, but I didnt know it was an actual "leak." Who or what is claiming to be the source?
I don't know exactly who, but they did predict Mega Man, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer to come during E3, which is why people believe it's real.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
I don't know exactly who, but they did predict Mega Man, Villager and the Wii Fit Trainer to come during E3, which is why people believe it's real.
Anyone could have predicted those, I predicted WFT and Villager but not Megaman. She's not a WFT if you think about it.
I think the guy got tipped off by someone and tacked on extra info, because the leak was made a short time before the actual E3 reveal.

Morbi

Scavenger
Anyone could have predicted those, I predicted WFT and Villager but not Megaman. She's not a WFT if you think about it.
I think the guy got tipped off by someone and tacked on extra info, because the leak was made a short time before the actual E3 reveal.
In my personal opinion, and trust me, I NEVER do this (but hey, never say never) but I believe it is entirely rational to blindly accept the Leaky 3. You can assert that you predicted those all you want, one might question your sanity, but that is your prerogative. Wii Fit Trainer was rarely associated with her game (she was never alluded to in a character-esque context), no one really speculates about Smash from a sales perspective and no one thought that Sakurai would implement the antithesis of Yoga into her move-set. As for Villager, many believed he was de-confirmed utilizing Sakurai's very own criteria. So it would have been blatantly ridiculous to speculate for Villager. As for Mega Man, that is entirely dependent on the licensing, a lot of people saw him coming, that doesn't alter the notion that it was not guaranteed.

If someone, who's intent was to incite me to accept their leak, speculated for Wii Fit Trainer, using the correct name (it could have been Ms. Fit, or Wii Fit Lady, or Wii Fit Girl, or anything really) I am inclined to agree with them. The premise that they also correctly assessed Villagers chance doesn't attenuate my faith in the leak. Lastly, it isn't like the leak is proclaiming something entirely absurd. In fact, the latter half of the leak are the "safe" characters. I mean, wasn't it announced that Namco Bandai was co-developing the game prior to Smash? If not, Pac-Man is another bold prediction, if so, whatever. Little Mac was alluded to via stage reveal as it was.

Gunla

It's my bit, you see.
Administrator
BRoomer
Writing Team
In my personal opinion, and trust me, I NEVER do this (but hey, never say never) but I believe it is entirely rational to blindly accept the Leaky 3. You can assert that you predicted those all you want, one might question your sanity, but that is your prerogative. Wii Fit Trainer was rarely associated with her game (she was never alluded to in a character-esque context), no one really speculates about Smash from a sales perspective and no one thought that Sakurai would implement the antithesis of Yoga into her move-set. As for Villager, many believed he was de-confirmed utilizing Sakurai's very own criteria. So it would have been blatantly ridiculous to speculate for Villager. As for Mega Man, that is entirely dependent on the licensing, a lot of people saw him coming, that doesn't alter the notion that it was not guaranteed.

If someone, who's intent was to incite me to accept their leak, speculated for Wii Fit Trainer, using the correct name (it could have been Ms. Fit, or Wii Fit Lady, or Wii Fit Girl, or anything really) I am inclined to agree with them. The premise that they also correctly assessed Villagers chance doesn't attenuate my faith in the leak. Lastly, it isn't like the leak is proclaiming something entirely absurd. In fact, the latter half of the leak are the "safe" characters. I mean, wasn't it announced that Namco Bandai was co-developing the game prior to Smash? If not, Pac-Man is another bold prediction, if so, whatever. Little Mac was alluded to via stage reveal as it was.
I see the Little Mac Pac as being a very safe, yet very unsafe leak or claim.
Most of the claims are very safe characters, but some of the other claims are strange. I agree with you on Pac-Man, however.
It's also important that you do note that no one takes Smash from a sales prespective. It actually is rather helpful.

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Here's something that @Capps brought to my attention in the Stage Discussion.
If you look closely at the TV in the Nintendogs stage, you can just barely make out Ness and Jigglypuff on the screen.

Morbi

Scavenger
If you look closely at the TV in the Nintendogs stage, you can just barely make out Ness and Jigglypuff on the screen.
Really? In that event... that confirms nothing that a logical speculator hasn't already known for months! :awesome:

agentorangez

Smash Rookie
I dont know why everyone thinks its a boxing ring. I always thought it was a wrestling ring since it has all those fireworks and that giant screen...

Morbi

Scavenger
Well yeah, but do you have anything better to talk about? :p
No, thank you for the news, it is actually great to feel that relief. I never really doubted Jigglypuff, obviously, but it is great knowing that she is basically confirmed. Ness, if anyone had doubts about Ness... never mind (I can't say it without getting banned). :troll:

Swamp Sensei

Today is always the most enjoyable day!
BRoomer
NNID
Swampasaur
3DS FC
4141-2776-0914
Switch FC
SW-6476-1588-8392
I dont know why everyone thinks its a boxing ring. I always thought it was a wrestling ring since it has all those fireworks and that giant screen...
Boxing rings have four ropes.

Wrestling rings have three ropes.

The stage in question has four.

It's a boxing ring.

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Exactly where do you see this? I can't seem to see it.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
Having just looked at the actual video, I can see them. However, there's a really good chance we're just making weird connections. After all, why would Jigglypuff and Ness be on the TV when they're not involved in the fight?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
Having just looked at the actual video, I can see them. However, there's a really good chance we're just making weird connections. After all, why would Jigglypuff and Ness be on the TV when they're not involved in the fight?
Well @Capps mentioned the Melee intro, so maybe that isn't Ness we're seeing, but a random Pokémon.
And then it's Jiggs popping up from the corner.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
That's a weird-looking Pokémon if it's not Ness. It's got the red cap, the black hair, something that looks like the right shirt, and what appears to be a backpack.. And that's really gotta be Jiggz...

But still, why are they there?

BindingBlade

Smash Lord
Even if that were them, it doesn't automatically confirm them as playable. I just see a red cap and sun glare. For all we know, that could be Mario or shapeless blobs not intended to do anything.

stan423321

Smash Journeyman
I can see what is very probably Ness, and what is with lesser probability Jigglypuff's ear (is there any Ninty character with similar ears?). What I can't see is releveancy of this to the character roster. A TV showing a random thing featuring Ness in the background is actually fairly closer to a deconfirmation trait (character in stage BG). No, I don't say this deconfirms Ness since it could be prefilmed in-universe, I just can't see why does it confirm anything.

AnOkayDM

Smash Champion
NNID
EvanescentHero
It honestly looks more like background elements.
Possibly. The one on the right does look like Ness to me, but I guarantee someone saying "Hey that's Ness" had more to do with that than me actually putting it together.

Yeah. That's a blob on a TV. It makes no sense for two playable characters to be on a stage element like a TV when they're not involved in the fight.
Which is why I'm pretty confused about it, and doubting if it actually is them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom