• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
OH MY... these predictions aren't worth the time. They are all just... so... lame... I'd love to see Sakurai confirm a character that hasn't been in some 13 yr olds fanfic leak.

SuperPiccoloBros

Smash Apprentice
NNID
superpiccolobros
well guess theres nothing good to report on im guessing today. also i noticed some leaks saying chibi-robo will be in as a character.

as much i being a weird guy liking chibi-robo in the game that seems very unlikely sadly

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
Not sure why but the official site hasn't updated yet (for me at least) is it still on rosalina for anyone else?

UltimateCyborgOverlord

Smash Champion
The Last Stand of Mr Prediction is now upon us. He claims:

"For what it's worth, I'd "predict" a Nintendo Direct-related announcement tomorrow around noon."

Later clarifying that by "around noon" the time zone he is referring to is the East Coast.

lightdasher

Smash Lord

"For what it's worth, I'd "predict" a Nintendo Direct-related announcement tomorrow around noon."

Later clarifying that by "around noon" the time zone he is referring to is the East Coast.
pfff, I could expect this even without "Mr. Predictions" "predicting"
I've been expecting one this month as Nintendo normally does one around this time of year.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
E. Gadd as the 6th Mario character? Sadly, I could actually see that happening... he would likely use the vacuum and have the moveset that Luigi was supposed to have if he was given a vacuum (like the fans often suggested)... since Sakurai isn't gonna replace Luigi's moveset with a new one based on Luigi's Mansion games... just like how Sakurai isn't gonna replace Mario's moveset with a new one based on Super Mario Galaxy games... as evidenced by Rosalina. Why cannot Toad(s) get a moveset based on New Super Mario Bros. games? Ice Flowers, Propeller Mushrooms, Penguin Suits, Super Leaves, Super Acorns, Mega Mushrooms, Baby Yoshis... dammit. :(

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest

Then when noon rolls around he will delete his account to avoid the flamers. everyones gonna be a hater on this guy.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
There was an easy way to make sure for Mr. Prediction could've stayed safe: Shut his darn yapper once he has said what was "needed" to be said.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
He also just claimed that master hand will be "joining the battle"
If anyone thought this guy was legit I think now you realize he isn't... I really want to know if anyone thinks this guy is real just so I can dair them.:falcomelee::marthmelee::ganondorfmelee::falconmelee::diddy::wolf::rob::ike::olimar::dkmelee::kirby64::charizard::ivysaur::samusmelee::nessmelee: Then I think ill take a rest:jigglypuff:

SpindaMaster

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3136-6569-2540
On the topic of him being on the east coast, if he was working for NoA then wouldn't he be on the west coast?

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
This.

All the smash reps are playable in evry new game in the pokemon series.
I think you are confusing relevancy with recency.

All the Pokemon veterans are recent since they all appear in X & Y... however, only Pichu and Jigglypuff aren't relevant since they aren't important in the latest games.

mimgrim

Smash Hero
ROFL.

Master Hand as a newcomer.

Oh man. I actually want that "prediction" leak to be true now,before I didn't care much about it and what the out come was, just to see that happen. It would be epic. Freaking epic. xD

Master Hand for Smash. xD

Extrain

Smash Journeyman
If there IS a Nintendo direct on given date, with a Shulk Reveal, I feel like he may have actually been slipped information, but only about Shulk (Considering he feels so sure of himself). And that he just decided to do everything else for fun. On the other hand, since he ended up slightly contradicting himself, this could be him throwing in the towel after loosing some credibility, and just finishing things up early by blatantly saying anything random and risky.
EDIT: Just saw the thread. He's really holding his own, I would have thought he would have given in by now...

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The "Predictions" thread has now reached 500, and Mr. Predictions has left, claiming that he has made his final "prediction." In the new thread made to discuss his stuff, it seems as though most people are wondering why the hell people ever let it get that far in the first place. Seriously, that thread was cult-like.

Cap'nChreest

Smash Master
NNID
CapnChreest
When a direct is announced tomorrow. "OMFG SHULK CONFIRMED!!!!!!!!!!!" January 30th "wha... where's Shulk...?"

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
It is so weird how many "leaks" or "predictions" claim that King K. Rool and Ridley aren't newcomers...

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
The "Predictions" thread has now reached 500, and Mr. Predictions has left, claiming that he has made his final "prediction." In the new thread made to discuss his stuff, it seems as though most people are wondering why the hell people ever let it get that far in the first place. Seriously, that thread was cult-like.
I think it was the initial politeness (even though it deteriorated), both in how he talked and in that he gave a fixed date at which he would be disproven if false, that was fairly close and did not give himself wiggle room on it.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
That E gadd rumor is probably fake but E Gadd should be in regardless as a luigi's mansion rep. Anyway master hand is his last prediction... Nope! Anyway i still expect a direct announcement tomorrow based aound smash bros.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
I think it was the initial politeness (even though it deteriorated), both in how he talked and in that he gave a fixed date at witch he would be disproven if false, that was fairly close and did not give himself wiggle room on it.
No one has been able to really explain what about this "polite" guy was so different than every other leaker out there. One moment, people are tossing rotten tomatoes at Halibuton and WiiULuv for being obvious trolls, next moment, they're fondling this guy with adoring eyes because...? Based on everything we've seen in this thread, it's now more common to see leaks with expiration dates than it is without them.

@ Arcadenik Arcadenik , looking at the various leaks we've had, most of them seem to fall into either one of two camps. The first camp is that of the Wet Dream roster, where it has 48+ characters and all of the popular requests, spelled out for readers exactly the way they want it. The second camp is that of the Turd Roster, where there are 40 or so characters and they're all as bland and formulaic as you can get (Leaky Three, Chrom, Dixie, Shock Character, a few cuts, boom). Suffice to say, the actual roster will possibly be some middle ground between the two.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Your guess is as good as mine, BKupa. He did pretty well fending for himself. Most nuts that try this stunt crack and get angry and defensive."

relisthain

Smash Apprentice
No one has been able to really explain what about this "polite" guy was so different than every other leaker out there. One moment, people are tossing rotten tomatoes at Halibuton and WiiULuv for being obvious trolls, next moment, they're fondling this guy with adoring eyes because...? Based on everything we've seen in this thread, it's now more common to see leaks with expiration dates than it is without them.

@ Arcadenik Arcadenik , looking at the various leaks we've had, most of them seem to fall into either one of two camps. The first camp is that of the Wet Dream roster, where it has 48+ characters and all of the popular requests, spelled out for readers exactly the way they want it. The second camp is that of the Turd Roster, where there are 40 or so characters and they're all as bland and formulaic as you can get (Leaky Three, Chrom, Dixie, Shock Character, a few cuts, boom). Suffice to say, the actual roster will possibly be some middle ground between the two.
Timing may have also had a hand in why that one blew up, it came in as the hype surrounding the palutena "leak" finally went cold.

As a side note I am in favor of a massive roster personally, even though it is a one in a million chance at the moment.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom