• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
Well one thing I did notice is with Roselina is that the Luma doesn't seem to have an outline at all while Roselina herself does, only other example of an NPC on the 3DS I can think of:

What's the significance of that NPC having an outline? I don't understand.
It's the other part of the Palutuna debate about her being an assist trophy or not. If Assist Trophies or NPCs don't have outlines it would suggest more of her being playable then an assist but since there are not assists trophies that have been revealed for 3DS it's still up in the air.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Well one thing I did notice is with Roselina is that the Luma doesn't seem to have an outline at all while Roselina herself does, only other example of an NPC on the 3DS I can think of:

There are others. Viridi in yesterday's pic, Kapp'n in some other pic, the Gyroid in a pic long ago... And none of them have outlines.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
You know, the Palutena images are well done if fake, but something about them bothers me... I'm having trouble saying what, though. It might be how lifeless she looks...or even how she's holding the staff. I'm really not sure, but something isn't clicking. It could even be how the pictures seem to be intentionally cropped to not show her feet...

One thing I was thinking, and going to try out later... Any chance the pictures could have been faked from the Palutena AR card? She does do similar (nearly identical) movements with that... and it wouldn't be hard to throw a good outline on that. You could also grab a screenshot from any angle to make it look realistic. The feet thing kind of goes along with this, since the card would be harder to edit out, rather than just crop.

I have a feeling the Mario pose could have come from a variety of places..

idk, just the feelings I have about this.

As a note, I fully expect Palutena as a very likely newcomer. And I actually would like to see her in-game, so this isn't bias talking... just something not sitting right. *shrug*

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
There are others. Viridi in yesterday's pic, Kapp'n in some other pic, the Gyroid in a pic long ago... And none of them have outlines.
I had forgotten about Kapp'n and the Gyroid. Viridi, I definitely expected not to have a outline as she is technically in the background and appears kind in a spirit like form that isn't actually there in a way.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
You know, the Palutena images are well done if fake, but something about them bothers me... I'm having trouble saying what, though. It might be how lifeless she looks...or even how she's holding the staff. I'm really not sure, but something isn't clicking. It could even be how the pictures seem to be intentionally cropped to not show her feet...

One thing I was thinking, and going to try out later... Any chance the pictures could have been faked from the Palutena AR card? She does do similar (nearly identical) movements with that... and it wouldn't be hard to throw a good outline on that. You could also grab a screenshot from any angle to make it look realistic. The feet thing kind of goes along with this, since the card would be harder to edit out, rather than just crop.

I have a feeling the Mario pose could have come from a variety of places..

idk, just the feelings I have about this.

As a note, I fully expect Palutena as a very likely newcomer. And I actually would like to see her in-game, so this isn't bias talking... just something not sitting right. *shrug*
I can answer the question about the AR card thing. No, it couldn't be faked from that. The model isn't right.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Yeah. The AR cards and even the rare one have already been used to examine it, with no evidence suggesting that's where the model is from.

And here we go again in circles. Oy..

DraginHikari

Emerald Star Legacy
NNID
Draginhikari
3DS FC
4940-5455-2427
Switch FC
SW-7120-1891-0342
That's what makes this leak so interesting though, regardless of how much anaylization is done on this particular leak, there have been no clear answers to it compared to most leaks we see around here that hardly ever hold up for very long.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
These leaks always interest me. How real ones (likely like this one) get out is always VERY interesting to me.

Is it someone in development? (Most...likely?)

Some bizarre accident? I really don't know, and its always super neat.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
We need more rumors, and not any "safe" ones.
A new rumour you say? :evil:

I happen to have a Japanese friend who I met at my University that was studying abroad. He went back to Japan a few semesters ago, and we haven't really been in contact since. Well, last night he contacted me to let me know that he'd received an internship at Namco-Bandai, and had become privy to a few interesting details about the new Super Smash Bros. Since he knew what a big Smash Bros. fan I am, he thought he'd let me in on a few secrets about the development of this game. Here's what he told me:
-All Brawl veterans except Solid Snake are returning.
-The Palutena leak from a few days ago is real. The leak was made by someone in QA, who has since been "removed from the development process" by Sakurai.
-Due to complaints about clones from fans, Sakurai has decided that Mewtwo and Snake will have their roles filled by Deoxys and Big Boss respectively.
-Dr. Kawashima will be an Assist Trophy
-Thajra will be an Assist Trophy.
-Waluigi will be playable.
-Chrom will be playable.
-Doctor Mario will return. Sakurai wanted to include him to appease fans who were upset witht he return of FLUDD.
-The "Leaky 3" rumour is true.
-Many characters will be receiving alternate costumes. For instance, Marth will be receiving a costume based on his artwork from Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light. Chrom will receive an outfit based on his appearance in the "Summer Scramble" DLC.
-There are a lot fewer newcomers than had been originally planned. This is because of a new game mode that the dev team is working on that Sakurai thinks will be really popular.
-The new game mode is called "Super Smash Lovers." It's a mode where you can go on dates with any playable character, Assist Trophy, or other NPC. It was originally suggested as a joke by another intern, but the dev team liked the idea so much that they've focused most of the game's development on it. It's expected that the inclusion of this mode alone will double both Wii U and 3DS sales in Japan.

Believe or disbelieve, the choice is yours.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
That's what makes this leak so interesting though, regardless of how much anaylization is done on this particular leak, there have been no clear answers to it compared to most leaks we see around here that hardly ever hold up for very long.
Indeed. To reiterate yet another point, this leak has held up longer than any other. If it was fake, there's no doubt in my mind it would've been debunked by now.

Fenrir VII

Smash Master
Yeah. The AR cards and even the rare one have already been used to examine it, with no evidence suggesting that's where the model is from.

And here we go again in circles. Oy..
Nah, sorry. I'm not trying to extend this or argue.. I read some of the thread, but hadn't seen the AR mentioned..

idk I guess we will see... for now, I guess it'll just bother me. lol

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
"Super Smash...Lovers..."

Are you ****ING kidding me...

(At the same time, Rosalina could be my waifu! UGUUUU!!!!)

Dude. If Chrom ACTUALLY has aSummer Scramble DLC alt, I will laugh SO hard.

ROB and Peach SSL OTP. Dat vibrate setting.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797

I happen to have a Japanese friend who I met at my University that was studying abroad. He went back to Japan a few semesters ago, and we haven't really been in contact since. Well, last night he contacted me to let me know that he'd received an internship at Namco-Bandai, and had become privy to a few interesting details about the new Super Smash Bros. Since he knew what a big Smash Bros. fan I am, he thought he'd let me in on a few secrets about the development of this game. Here's what he told me:
-The Palutena leak from a few days ago is real. The leak was made by someone in QA, who has since been "removed from the development process" by Sakurai.
-Due to complaints about clones from fans, Sakurai has decided that Mewtwo and Snake will have their roles filled by Deoxys and Big Boss respectively.
-Chrom will be playable.
-Doctor Mario will return. Sakurai wanted to include him to appease fans who were upset witht he return of FLUDD.
-Many characters will be receiving alternate costumes. For instance, Marth will be receiving a costume based on his artwork from Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light. Chrom will receive an outfit based on his appearance in the "Summer Scramble" DLC.
-There are a lot fewer newcomers than had been originally planned. This is because of a new game mode that the dev team is working on that Sakurai thinks will be really popular.
-The new game mode is called "Super Smash Lovers." It's a mode where you can go on dates with any playable character, Assist Trophy, or other NPC. It was originally suggested as a joke by another intern, but the dev team liked the idea so much that they've focused most of the game's development on it. It's expected that the inclusion of this mode alone will double both Wii U and 3DS sales in Japan.

The last point makes this hard to believe, but I'll keep it in mind anyway. I know they're telling the truth about Lady Palutena, though!

Autumn ♫

I'm terrible with these Custom Titles.
Reminds me of what happened last night. :laugh:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

-Chrom will be playable.

Super Smash Lovers? Defuq?

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Watch this one be true. Big Boss though, wtf. Just keep Snake.

BluePikmin11

Akko is my dear daughter!
NNID
blue

-Chrom will be playable.

That's better than nothing, but SUPER SMASH LOVERS?????

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Thanks Shin. This one has honestly made my day.

I can see the Miiverse post now:

"Inspired by the popular marriage feature of Fire Emblem Awakening, players may now build up supports with any character they want. Will it blossom into a lasting relationship? *laughs*"

And then on screen is Link and Toon Link...

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
About the argument that her face is too lifeless: I agree to a certain extent, but there are some factors to consider here.

One is that the pictures may have been taken before she was completely finished (which would also explain the staff clipping), however the face is probably one of the first things they work on after the initial creation of the model, so it's hard to say.

Another is that this is the 3DS version. When you compare it to the Wii U version the differences are clearly evident, including expressions. I bet if we saw a Wii U image of her face it'd be more lively.

Banjodorf

Dynamic Duo
NNID
bluefalcon27
3DS FC
2105-8715-5493
Wait a minute, the "leaky 3" is only a Smashboards term, therefore it makes the rumour fake. :troll:
The guy who wrote it frequents Smashboards! Waaaaaah!!!

Good work Shin. Watch this one blow up.

I should go make one.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
Tell us then, shin. Is everything else something you really saw on a leak?

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

-Chrom will be playable.

I'm uniclined to believe this since we disscused almost all of these things over the couse of the night and today. We will see though.

Cobalsh

Smash Champion
3DS FC
2578-3430-9913
We should all make our own rumours/leaks and spread them over the internet.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
NEW POSSIBLE DEVELOPMENT:
I heard this from NL and figured it was worth bringing up. If you look closely, Alfonzo, an NPC, appears to have the same outline as playable characters. I might be seeing things and it's just the lighting though. So what do you think?
There is very clearly an outline around him. I don't know why everyone is in denial over that fact. You'd have to be blind to not see it.

Robert of Normandy

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
NNID
shinpichu
3DS FC
2251-3915-5139
Switch FC
SW-4957-7233-2307
NEW POSSIBLE DEVELOPMENT:
I heard this from NL and figured it was worth bringing up. If you look closely, Alfonzo, an NPC, appears to have the same outline as playable characters. I might be seeing things and it's just the lighting though. So what do you think?
If he does have an outline, then it's really f***ed up. His right arm isn't even outlined at all, and his shoulders randomly have the outline disappear. I think it's just a trick of his shading.

Hinata

Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
There is very clearly an outline around him. I don't know why everyone is in denial over that fact. You'd have to be blind to not see it.
Ah, but you see, there are some places where he isn't "outlined", period. Not where the "outline" fades like everyone else, but where it full-on disappears. Therefore, it's just the angle and lighting we're seeing him at that makes it look like he has an outline.

KCCHIEFS27

Smash Lord
Ah, but you see, there are some places where he isn't "outlined", period. Not where the "outline" fades like everyone else, but where it full-on disappears. Therefore, it's just the angle and lighting we're seeing him at that makes it look like he has an outline.
Enjoy your weird denial

swordbreaker

Smash Journeyman

-Chrom will be playable.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom