• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

What's this about a newer rumor that says Villager is taking Jigglypuff's place?

As for the NeoGAF leak, I've said it before, I'll say it again: There is no ****ing way it was a lucky guess.
There's only two possible answers:

1. The source that gave the leaker the information gave outdated information; Little Mac, Miis, and Pac-Man were meant to be revealed at E3 as well, but this was changed between the time the source gave him the information and E3.

2. The source that gave the leaker the information gave a mix of truthful information and false information. Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer were all correct, but Little Mac, Miis, and Pac-Man were thrown in either to troll or to keep Nintendo off his trail.

Rocket Raccoon

Subject: 89P13
Writing Team
What's this about a newer rumor that says Villager is taking Jigglypuff's place?

As for the NeoGAF leak, I've said it before, I'll say it again: There is no ****ing way it was a lucky guess.
There's only two possible answers:

1. The source that gave the leaker the information gave outdated information; Little Mac, Miis, and Pac-Man were meant to be revealed at E3 as well, but this was changed between the time the source gave him the information and E3.

2. The source that gave the leaker the information gave a mix of truthful information and false information. Villager, Mega Man, and Wii Fit Trainer were all correct, but Little Mac, Miis, and Pac-Man were thrown in either to troll or to keep Nintendo off his trail.
Let's hope that first one is true.

Bowserlick

Smash Hero
I wonder if Nintendo leaked two different sets of E3 characters to reveal to the Marketing team or other more periphery staff. Or just haven't decided on which set to release: Either Megaman, Villager, and Trainer or Pacman, Little Mac, and Mii.

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Well, I think it was always Mega Man, Villager, and Wii Fit Trainer... because Sakurai did say he didn't add Namco characters in SSB4 (yet) but I still think Pac-Man is probably being developed and added to SSB4 as we speak. *crosses fingers*

Arcadenik

Smash Legend
NNID
Arcadenik
Yes... that's what I said... but I meant that Sakurai probably is adding a Namco character AFTER this interview... since Sakurai did ask that IGN guy if he had to add one Namco character, who would it be... and the IGN guy suggested Pac-Man... I dunno... the way Sakurai responded to that seemed like he was intrigued with the idea because he was asking what Pac-Man's Final Smash would look like and he was having a "surreal discussion" with the IGN guy. I don't know what is going on in Sakurai's mind but the idea of Pac-Man seems to be planted in his mind.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
The one that sounds most appealing is Halibuton's theory. However, I do not believe any of them 100%.

Salty the SLUG

Smash Ace
The problem with that one is how late it was posted and there being no direct.
I know, I just meant that I liked what the "leak" contained. Thats the thing, they are either too discrete or they post their "leak" very close to certain events.

Edit: Used the wrong "there"

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I mean, I really love Little Mac, Miis would be humorous to play as, and Pac-Man could have an interesting style.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Villager is generic too. They're customizable characters, their personality comes from the player itself.
That's why I seriously hope the Villager will have at least some alternate costumes.
The key difference is that Villager is just the embodiment of the entire Animal Crossing franchise which is about as far from generic as it gets. The "Mii franchise" (if you can even call it that) by definition is generic. Generic sports, generic games, hell, even Nintendoland adds nothing besides riding on the back on the non-generic Nintendo franchises. Because they are supposed to simply be "you," there can't be any real defining soul or flavor to them. Even Find Mii 1+2 is the most painfully bland take on the fantasy quest genre.

Miis are fun in their place, ergo, when you want to play as you in a game where it doesn't make a big difference one way or another. However, the entire point of Smash is that you don't want to play as you. You want to play as the legends of Nintendo's history, with a massive catalog of great characters totally unmatched by every other company. If Mii is playable, yet another more deserving character will miss out, and that is a crime as far as I'm concerned.

Regardless, I still think a playable Mii is pretty likely. It doesn't mean it will be any less ridiculous.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A little late but I fail to see how Villager is even possible to "take the place" of Jigglypuff. I can easily see Villager getting in the game (even before the reveal) and I can see a consideration of removing Jiggs (and that's something I don't want, FYI) but combining the two together just doesn't add up (unless Sakurai randomly decided to make Jigglypuff a Villager clone but that's never gonna happen).

Fatmanonice

Banned via Warnings
NNID
Fatmanonice
While I agree with you Hoots, an absurd number of people want to play as their respective Miis which will probably end up being the main reason they get in. I'd like to see what the developers will do with them but I'll probably get burned out by them after seeing the 400th Hilter or Obama Mii online within a week's time span after the game launches.

Ninka_kiwi

Smash Ace
I'll start believing these rumors once some more non-generic stuff get's talked about in them. Wheres the stage talk? That's what I'm interested to hear from a leaker.
Literally, if I were to go on gamefaqs right now with my predicted roster and say, "My best friend works for Namco, so I know who is in" and post that as a leaked roster, I'd be just as credible as these guys.

I will say however the Neogaf leaker looks pretty legit right about now compared to everything else.

Thirdkoopa

Administrator
Administrator
Writing Team
Somewhere on Discord while working on something
What baffles me is how they only know some of the details but not the entire thing. I mean yeah, if they got the entire roster it'd be even easier to trace to them, but that's most of the only reason I can think of.

I'm interested to hear HOW they got this info. NDA contracts (Or something else it was called) are pretty harsh

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
Meh...the true leaks happen once its official released in JPN right?

If Ridley isnt confirmed untill then ima cut myself of all info untill it hits UK i probly do it anyway....

You guys think it will hit UK & US faster than brawl did?

I think and hope so.

Do you think spring for JPN is reasonable?

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
GUYS! NEW RUMOR! LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL...

"TotalFakeDudeOver9000" said-

"My friend works at Nintendo of America and he told me about the next game, and there's a lot of cool stuff he said becuz he works there.

-Jigglypuff wuz cut because she's pink and stupid.
-Ridley isn't in the game because Sakurai said he wuz too big.
-Goku will be in the game, because he's Goku, and his Final Smash is Super Saiyan mode.
-Wii Fit Trainer wuz included because my friend had a total fetish and begged Sakurai for her.

LOL it's true so trust me or else I will cut u in your sleep bye now."

D

Deleted member

While I agree with you Hoots, an absurd number of people want to play as their respective Miis which will probably end up being the main reason they get in. I'd like to see what the developers will do with them but I'll probably get burned out by them after seeing the 400th Hilter or Obama Mii online within a week's time span after the game launches.
Nintendo has censors for certain "vulgar" words that has a few kinks to work on. But the point is, Miis with certain names are banned from Wi-Fi in various games.

One of the banned names happens to be "Hitler". So unless people just use "Adolf" for the name, you won't likely be seeing many Hitler Miis. (And even then, if many people start using "Adolf", that would eventually be added to the ban list.)

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
Nintendo has censors for certain "vulgar" words that has a few kinks to work on. But the point is, Miis with certain names are banned from Wi-Fi in various games.

One of the banned names happens to be "Hitler". So unless people just use "Adolf" for the name, you won't likely be seeing many Hitler Miis. (And even then, if many people start using "Adolf", that would eventually be added to the ban list.)
So I can't be *looks up random person who has a name starting with Adolf* Adolf Dassler? D=

D

Deleted member

Well, NOW you can.

....But not once too many people bypass the Hitler ban.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Out of curiosity, Pre-Brawl, did any leaks come from Gamefaqs or was it all SWF and NeoGAF?

D

Deleted member

I believe the 35 character leak people didn't want to believe from ChaosZero came from faqs.

Then again, I don't really know history of leaks.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
I believe the 35 character leak people didn't want to believe from ChaosZero came from faqs.

Then again, I don't really know history of leaks.
Actually, I think that rumor came from Neogaf because he was risking a ban.

D

Deleted member

Ah.

Like I said, I don't really know my leak history, so I'm probably wrong.

Tree Gelbman

100 Percent Done
Ah, I remember staying up the night the game got in a bunch of people's hands.

Ah the butthurt. The strong strong butterhurt when R.O.B. showed up.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
Glad I wasn't around during Brawl speculation.

Are there any notable old rumors I don't know about? (you don't need to go in deep detail)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom