• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zubyyyy

Yung Zuby the Falco God
Well it's not likly because lucario got back on top of being one of the mega evolution pokemon in x and y the duck hunt dog because of lots of request and retro and sakurai might think of it because of the interview of thinking and listen to the fans and wonderful Red because sakurai might MIGHT be interested in a platinum company character and this guy is the most likely because of being Nintendo and platinum and sakurai might help advertise his game by making him playable in super smash bros 4

Neanderthal

★ ★ ★ ★ ★
I don't know why you guys give attention to guys like WiiLuvU. There's nothing to suggest he isn't an attention seeking troll like the rest of them.

The Neogaf leak remains the only one with any credibility so far.

Curmudgeon

Smash Ace
I don't know why you guys give attention to guys like WiiLuvU. There's nothing to suggest he isn't an attention seeking troll like the rest of them.

The Neogaf leak remains the only one with any credibility so far.

There's also nothing to suggest he isn't a real leaker

shinhed-echi

Smash Hero
NNID
punchtropics
3DS FC
5301-0890-0238
At this point in development, how is anyone even sure if a character did NOT make it in? The roster might be set in stone, but not long ago Sakurai said "Up until now, there have been no cuts" which means they're progressively going implementing every character to the roster.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
At this point in development, how is anyone even sure if a character did NOT make it in? The roster might be set in stone, but not long ago Sakurai said "Up until now, there have been no cuts" which means they're progressively going implementing every character to the roster.
That's right no ones kicked yet but by the interview of how he thinks of fans he might kick the least popular characters and lucario got out of that pickle

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
There's also nothing to suggest he isn't a real leaker
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/massive-wii-u-spoilers-for-e3.452509945/

This is one of his past "leaks" regarding E3 2012. He states that you play as Olimar in Pikmin 3 (called Pikmin Universe HD according to him), he talks about a Mario game where people can create their own levels and share on Miiverse, and that it'll have lots of DLC. He also says that Retro's new title would be shown there, though there are rumors that it was drawn back at the last moment too, problem with his version is that he claims that it's likely to be F-Zero, which Miyamoto has since stated that he has no plans on continuing.

Seeing that he has made a fake leak before it's plenty of reason enough for me to not believe him at all.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
http://www.ign.com/boards/threads/massive-wii-u-spoilers-for-e3.452509945/

This is one of his past "leaks" regarding E3 2012. He states that you play as Olimar in Pikmin 3 (called Pikmin Universe HD according to him), he talks about a Mario game where people can create their own levels and share on Miiverse, and that it'll have lots of DLC. He also says that Retro's new title would be shown there, though there are rumors that it was drawn back at the last moment too, problem with his version is that he claims that it's likely to be F-Zero, which Miyamoto has since stated that he has no plans on continuing.

Seeing that he has made a fake leak before it's plenty of reason enough for me to not believe him at all.
As of this point balony in pikmin 3 the only part of pikmin that olimar is playable is in bingo

Nitric Acid

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Typpihappo
3DS FC
3308-5683-8969
How are Little Mac and Mii confirmed to be fake, exactly? I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai said something about being interested in including Miis. Also, since so many different rumors are talking about Little Mac (the "first reveal" rumor seems really legitimate), I wouldn't cross him out just yet.. See, even if the supposed leaker got it wrong with the statement about a Pokémon rep being the next reveal, that doesn't mean Little Mac won't be in -- it just means that the leaker is either fake or he was misinformed. I've got my hopes up for Mac! You can do it, little buddy!

(EDIT: Oh, my bad, I just saw the bolded red text mentioning Little Mac and Mii and presumed that they had been confirmed fake altogether. Looks like the red text just means the fake parts of the rumor in question.)

Also, WiiLuvU and his Duck Hunt Dog and other downright crazy rumors have lost all credibility in my eyes. :| I'm not buying his words.

MasterOfKnees

Space Pirate
NNID
KneeMaster
Switch FC
SW-6310-1174-0352
How are Little Mac and Mii confirmed to be fake, exactly? I don't have a link, but I'm pretty sure Sakurai said something about being interested in including Miis. Also, since so many different rumors are talking about Little Mac (the "first reveal" rumor seems really legitimate), I wouldn't cross him out just yet.. See, even if the supposed leaker got it wrong with the statement about a Pokémon rep being the next reveal, that doesn't mean Little Mac won't be in -- it just means that the leaker is either fake or he was misinformed. I've got my hopes up for Mac! You can do it, little buddy!
Little Mac is in general considered a lock around here. He's the character who has scored the highest of newcomers in our Rate Their Chances game. Which is also why so many rumors include him, it's a no-brainer that he'll be in.

Dark Phazon

Smash Hero
I think one of the things Sakurai likes the most is suprising people...seems like he doesnt like being predictable.

But hes had too give atleast 1 or 2 fan chars.

He has in past series.

I dont think WFT has been the last tbh.

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
Yes, given how big a card Megaman was and Sakurai played it right at the start? He's got something even better lined up in the future, mark my words. I'll admit Little Mac has some strong possibilities.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings
Yes, given how big a card Megaman was and Sakurai played it right at the start? He's got something even better lined up in the future, mark my words. I'll admit Little Mac has some strong possibilities.

Well Snake and Metaknight were the wow factors right off the bat for Brawl.
How much longer after that e3 trailer did it take for Sonic to be announced?
He was the last big wow factor character wise.

Chiroz

Tier Lists? Foolish...
NNID
Zykrex
Well Snake and Metaknight were the wow factors right off the bat for Brawl.
How much longer after that e3 trailer did it take for Sonic to be announced?
He was the last big wow factor character wise.

About 16 months. Sonic was shown on October of the year after the trailer, so a pretty long time. But that was due to the fact that Sonic was only decided to be added at the very last minute (according to many sources which I can't actually prove the validity of, so I cannot claim this is 100% true, but it is what people agree happened) and so the game was pushed back 3 months, just because of Sonic, the balancing issues that arise with adding a new character and the Online play mode (which sucked anyways).

Also I was actually very excited to see Olimar (which if I remember correctly was updated after Sonic). I was expecting him since they announced Brawl and really, really wanted to see him in the game, although I still wanted Sonic much more than I wanted Olimar. But Olimar was still a big wow for me :p.

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Really? It is so funny. My friend works at Nintendo (I can't say who or he would lose his job... not that he deserves it for violating an NDA or anything like that). He confirmed that ROB will be in the game. He is going to be revealed in December, right before Christmas! They already finalized his moves! Guess what? More Lasers!

Btw... this isn't 100% confirmed or anything. You can believe me if you want. It doesn't really matter... I know the truth. If you want proof? The next reveal will be a Kid Icarus Rep!
Oh dear it was luigi not paluntia or some other kid Icarus rep but that does not put the R.O.B in December rumor to fake vile it's fake if rob does not get confirmed in december

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
The only thing I believe there is that Balloon Fighter is deconfirmed.

But honestly the Villager replacing Jigglypuff thing is so incredibly unbelievable.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
The only thing I believe there is that Balloon Fighter is deconfirmed.

But honestly the Villager replacing Jigglypuff thing is so incredibly unbelievable.
Wait what about villager replacing jigglypuff? I mean, jigglypuff isn't a guaranteed return but saying villager replaced jiggs is like saying Wario replaced Roy XD

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
I mean it said on the thing that Jigglypuff is being cut because her balance contribution is the same as Villager's. That sounds like replacing to me, and that's why I don't buy it at all.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I mean it said on the thing that Jigglypuff is being cut because her balance contribution is the same as Villager's. That sounds like replacing to me, and that's why I don't buy it at all.
And how are their balance contributions the same??? I mean, villager is average at best in the air from the looks of him :p

Mr.Universe

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
1864-9620-1149
And how are their balance contributions the same??? I mean, villager is average at best in the air from the looks of him :p
I'm not the person who said them, I agree with you completely. Villager seems nothing like Jiggs.

I will admit though I do hope that the last two are a thing, although not exactly how they were said to be.

MargnetMan23

Smash Lord
I'm not the person who said them, I agree with you completely. Villager seems nothing like Jiggs.

I will admit though I do hope that the last two are a thing, although not exactly how they were said to be.
what was the full rumor? I only looked at the top few posts and noticed "jiggs cut" XD XD XD

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
The fact that that new spoiler thread equating Villager's balance to Jigglypuff's got only three responses on bloody GameFAQs is indicative of how unfathomable it is.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
1) Neogaf E3 Unknown Leaker
Claims:
  • Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, "Animal Crossing Guy", Pac-Man, Mega Man, and Miis were to be shown at E3 2013. (Villager, Megaman and Wii Fit Trainer were announced at E3, half of it was wrong though.)
The thing that seems completely stupid about this rumor to me (other than posting it the day before - which is simpler to fake) is that they would reveal 6 characters. Who in their right mind would think they would ever reveal that many characters at once? This just further questions the poster's credibility.

Mypantisgone

Smash Lord
The thing that seems completely stupid about this rumor to me (other than posting it the day before - which is simpler to fake) is that they would reveal 6 characters. Who in their right mind would think they would ever reveal that many characters at once? This just further questions the poster's credibility.
Sakurai said that he wanted to top the Brawl trailer though.

ToothiestAura

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4527-8092-0589
Sakurai said that he wanted to top the Brawl trailer though.
Regardless, six would likely be nearly half of the newcomers added.
That said, he DID top the Brawl trailer. Megaman's introduction alone did that.

Hoots

Can Be Combative
Regardless, six would likely be nearly half of the newcomers added.
That said, he DID top the Brawl trailer. Megaman's introduction alone did that.
Hardly. As much as people around here jerk off to Megaman, it still doesn't excuse only revealing 2 characters in the trailer. Plus Brawl's trailer was far more cinematic and epic.

PikaJew

Banned via Warnings

Uhh.... anyone with half a brain would think that many characters released at once would be realistic.
Did you completely forget the 5 new characters revealed in the Brawl trailer?

Aurora Jenny

Smash Lord
NNID
Dart_Rodales
PikaJew has you on this one, Tooth, and I hardly think 6 newcomers would be that much of a shocker. Besides. Considering the three revealed, they had just as much impact considering who was shown. If that was not Sakurai's best trump cards, then I really look forward to whatever's left. It's slim but I do hope we get a Tales Character, they DID start on the SNES you know. THey used to be a Nintendo exclusive like Final Fantasy before they branched out. Anyhow.. Back to the rumors, so we still have one surviving Rumor active?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom