• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

SSB4 Rumours and Leaks

Status
Not open for further replies.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Addressing the few people that used the thickness of her outlines as a point against this leak:

Remember when Sakurai stated that "...It's got a softness to it and is not just black." along with this picture where Pikachu's tail clearly has a thinner outline?

Louie G.

Smash Hero
I'm pretty sure the people who are hell-bent on proving this wrong are anti-Palutenas.
Then again, I'm hell-bent on proving this RIGHT, and I love Palutena.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Don't forget Kirby turning into a thwomp (now it's the one from the SMB3 and Galaxy games). If this is fake, it's certainly impressive and the best yet.

But, I'm 100% sure Palutena is in Smash 4 anyways.

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
I'm pretty sure the people who are hell-bent on proving this wrong are anti-Palutenas.
Then again, I'm hell-bent on proving this RIGHT, and I love Palutena.
Just because I think the internet is overreacting to a leak doesn't mean I hate Palutena. I don't care.

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
The Fabulous Friendly Super Sparkle Train
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
I have a friend who would definitely do something like this. These kind of people exist.

And people, remember the thing about this potentially being an Assist Trophy?
Either way, I think you guys are putting way too much stock in that power star thing.
I'm pretty sure the assist trophies won't have outlines, since there's no reason to discern them and outlines, I imagine, would be hard to render for that many characters at once.

Similarly, why create additional modifications to the model if it's only an Assist Trophy?

The Power Star doesn't make it for me, but it really does add to it's credibility.

APC99

Smash Master
NNID
APC-99
3DS FC
3840-8265-8211
There's a Mario Power Star on her dress?

Yep, I believe it. 200%. I buy it until evidence is shown it's fake BESIDES clipping.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Yeah, if you notice, most assist Trophies lack detail. Let's take Saki's model for example in Brawl- he has clenched of fists and fingers glued together. And jaggies. His model looks good but closely looking at it, he lacks detail. Same goes for Skull Kid.

Now, look at Palutena and the level of detail they put in this "leak". I expect ATs in Smash 4 3DS to have even more jaggies and lack detail.

FalKoopa

Rainbow Waifu
BRoomer
3DS FC
1650-3685-3998
Switch FC
SW-5545-7990-4793
Before getting your hopes up, I'd still like to point out the possibility that she could also be an assist trophy.

This is the first leak that that I didn't reject right away, so I'm willing to believe it, but only to the extent that Palutena will appear in the game in some form, not necessarily playable.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
One thing that interests me is that most fakers would only produce a single photo and call it a day. Here we have two photos (and none of the easy-to-fake super close ups that other fakers do).

I'm slowly leaning towards real right now.

JamesDNaux

Smash Hero
NNID
JamesDNaux
Before getting your hopes up, I'd still like to point out the possibility that she could also be an assist trophy.

This is the first leak that that I didn't reject right away, so I'm willing to believe it, but only to the extent that Palutena will appear in the game in some form, not necessarily playable.
Yeah, if you notice, most assist Trophies lack detail. Let's take Saki's model fro example in Brawl- he has clenched of fists and fingers glued together. And jaggies. His model looks good but closely looking at it, he lacks detail. Same goes for Skull Kid.

Now, look at Palutena and the level of detail they put in this "leak". I expect ATs in Smash 4 3DS to have even more jaggies and lack detail.
Even in the Wii U version, Skull Kid's fingers are just a block with lines that are meant to look like fingers. You'd think it would look even worse in the 3DS version, but Palutena clearly has separate fingers. If this is real, there's no way she's an assist trophy.

Fire Emblemier

The Crests are to Blame
Switch FC
SW-2862-0450-4332
We have to wait for a 3DS AT to be shown. If there is no lines on the AT, that means in the leak Palutena is playable.

Frostwraith

The Demon King
NNID
Frostwraith357

I know that, but you might want to check my post on why I think she is playable, if this leak happens to be legit.

Oniric Spriter

Smash Ace
Just because I think the internet is overreacting to a leak doesn't mean I hate Palutena. I don't care.
If you don't mind about her just let it go, there's literally no reason as to why someone should bother about the fake/leak if they don't care in the slightest about the character, just let people who support her enjoy this.

Last edited:

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442

I've already stated my thoughts on that.

To summarize, why would Sakurai add tiny modifications to a model that would be seen 15 seconds every now and then? It seems pointless.
And I have my doubts about Assist Trophies having outlines, as the purpose of the outlines was to make the player characters easier to track, so giving NPCS outlines would defeat their purpose and, additionally, outlines are probably hard to render as well.

Hinata

Never forget, a believing heart is your magic.
Switch FC
SW-5535-3962-2797
I've compiled a list of points proven so far. (I'm fairly certain there are more pointing towards fake than what I have listed, but in my excitement, I can't remember them)

Lady Palutena Leak

Evidence for it being real:
New model
Mario in first picture in pose not seen before in any pictures
Power Star charm on Lady Palutena's dress, an Easter egg that no leaker would go through the trouble to implement
Lady Palutena's poses in pictures can't be proved to have been taken from anywhere else
Several details inconsistent with any existing model
No leaker would go through so much trouble with modeling and Photoshop to make a leak this convincing just to stir things up for a few hours
Most likely playable, as we assume Assist Trophies wouldn't have outlines like characters, and Sakurai wouldn't go through the trouble of adding additional details like the Power Star charm to an Assist Trophy model
Two photos, instead of the usual one that most leakers give out

Evidence for it being false:
Outline clips through staff
Inconsistent outline throughout all of Lady Palutena's model (a past picture of Pikachu with an inconsistent outline throws this point into doubt)

OcarinaOfDoom

Smash Lord
NNID
OcarinaOfDoom
If you don't mind about her just let it go, there's literrally no reason as to why someone should bother about the fake/leak if they don't care in the slightest about the character, just let people who support her enjoy this.
I'm interested for the sole reason of seeing if the game actually gets some stuff leaked. I follow the game. If something gets leaked, I should be able to look at it and give my own opinion.

guedes the brawler

Smash Lord
NNID
Rafabrawl
1- in the pic with mario, her hand is clipping through the staff.

2- in the same pic, you can see her nose is kinda big. like, bigger than other representations of palutena... the second pic inclued

3- Palutena is a decently happy goddess, but i don't think she'd be similing like that in her idle stance. Like, not even Kirby does that.

If it's true, i'd be happy since i want her, but i hope they fix these 3 things. If false... well, it's a well done fake, and i still have hopes for her.

κomıc

Highly Offensive
NNID
komicturtle
Like I said, even if this image is fake, Palutena has a great chance of making it in as a playable character; an Assist Trophy the least. But if this is a genuine leak, no way would she be an Assist Trophy with her fingers separated like that ON 3DS.

At people talking about clipping, there are already several images that show graphical clipping. It's nothing new in the Smash Bros series.

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
Is it me, or is Palutena also wearing what appears to be one of King Dedede's brooches from SSE? On her right hip.

I've already stated my thoughts on that.

To summarize, why would Sakurai add tiny modifications to a model that would be seen 15 seconds every now and then? It seems pointless.
And I have my doubts about Assist Trophies having outlines, as the purpose of the outlines was to make the player characters easier to track, so giving NPCS outlines would defeat their purpose and, additionally, outlines are probably hard to render as well.
I agree. The assist trophies having boarders would be a distraction and would add confusion onto the battlefield. Also Assist's look good at a distance. You get up close to them and it is easy to see the difference between their models and the fighter models. Why waste time and resources on something that is going to be seen for just a brief moment. This Palutena model is to detailed for anything less then fighter.

BKupa666

Barnacled Boss
Okay, so if this actually happens to be a legitimate leak, does anyone think that Palutena's reveal date could be bumped way up, just to get it out of the way? I mean, she'd be revealed at random anyway, since no way in hell is a new Kid Icarus game coming out for her to advertise.

This, of course, would have implications for the rest of the reveal order, potentially rendering some otherwise true leaks false.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Isn't it kind of funny the Palutena matches the AR palutena in poses, even if it's not the same model?​

Kenith

Overkill Sarcasm
NNID
RipoffmanXKTG
3DS FC
4210-4224-9442
Okay, so if this actually happens to be a legitimate leak, does anyone think that Palutena's reveal date could be bumped way up, just to get it out of the way? I mean, she'd be revealed at random anyway, since no way in hell is a new Kid Icarus game coming out for her to advertise.

This, of course, would have implications for the rest of the reveal order, potentially rendering some otherwise true leaks false.
Why do you mean by that?

Louie G.

Smash Hero

March 22nd or so would be nice, to commemorate the release of Uprising.
Isn't it kind of funny the Palutena matches the AR palutena in poses, even if it's not the same model?​
I suppose, but waving a staff and standing still are very generic poses.

SlickWylde

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1349-5237-9158
What would be hilarious if the person who made it accidentally added the starman, and didn't realize it till it was too late, and is sitting there laughing at us ;)

LF2K

Floor Diver
Premium
I'm also curious about the "E" charm on her belt. Does that represent something?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom