• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle Squad (General Disc.)

HM07/Waterfall

Smash Rookie
@ PlateProp PlateProp Yeah I was being stubborn. When the enitial changes happened to Squirtle, without a lot of the options I was used to, I was salty. I'm not sure if I ever stated my fundamentals were worse but I was wrong regardless with my complaining. Since you haven't been to the tournaments here in Austin, I've been working on my fundamentals and without the 3.02 jank that Squirtle used to have, I think I've improved quite a bit. I beat Jam just last week in the Ditto. (Squirtle dittos are nuts :p) There are quite a few things that I still don't know how to do but I think I'm making progress.

@ Zwarm Zwarm Skype seems like one of the easier options.

Warzenschwein

Smash Journeyman
Is there any use in shellstalling since it doesn't have armor anymore? I mean you can WD out of it in an instant but is there any real application for it?

Last edited:

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
This is just a cool trick i figured out as squirtle, but this might be more widely know. If you start dashing, and do his turnaround animation (shell shift), and jump before he turns around, but after he tucks into his shell then jump, he will keep that momentum and fly very fast threw the air backwards in the direction of the dash. And if you wait for the jump so that he just turned around, then he will do the same mega jump but in the opposite direction. This is a great way of approaching, but because it gives him like C. Falcon speed for a split second while short hopping. This also works very well for grabbing the ledge. Doing this maneuver will make squirtle slid very very far and be looking in the opposite direction, so doing this in the middle of FD will make you slid and grab ledge very quickly. Tell if you guys can find some more tricks with this, or if other characters can use this tech.

PlateProp

Smash Master
NNID
Genericality
3DS FC
3823-8710-2486
This is just a cool trick i figured out as squirtle, but this might be more widely know. If you start dashing, and do his turnaround animation (shell shift), and jump before he turns around, but after he tucks into his shell then jump, he will keep that momentum and fly very fast threw the air backwards in the direction of the dash. And if you wait for the jump so that he just turned around, then he will do the same mega jump but in the opposite direction. This is a great way of approaching, but because it gives him like C. Falcon speed for a split second while short hopping. This also works very well for grabbing the ledge. Doing this maneuver will make squirtle slid very very far and be looking in the opposite direction, so doing this in the middle of FD will make you slid and grab ledge very quickly. Tell if you guys can find some more tricks with this, or if other characters can use this tech.
This is a super rar, has been known about since like 2.6

Zwarm

Smash Hero
This has existed since Brawl, I hate to break it to you. It's cool that you found it out on your own though. Now get really good with it and level up your squirtle game

And Pl8, Squirtle came out in 2.5, git gud nerd

ForgottenLabRat

Smash Journeyman
This has existed since Brawl, I hate to break it to you. It's cool that you found it out on your own though. Now get really good with it and level up your squirtle game

And Pl8, Squirtle came out in 2.5, git gud nerd
I plan on it, I have been having some trouble finding a good fun main in pm 3.5 (just been playing fox, who is fun, but I need some other characters), and I love how squirtle has all these weird tricks to do, making him have a a very high skill ceiling.

Life

Smash Hero
Not playing backseat moderator, this place is dead enough as it is, but...

If you don't have the patience to rack up ten, count 'em, one two three four five six seven eight nine ten, real posts on an internet forum, I'm concerned whether you have the patience to apply whatever criticism your videos might get.

I'll probably watch them when I have more time, but I'm expecting today to be really rough, so...

Daftatt

"float like a puffball, sting like a knee"
NNID
Daftatt
My favorite new combo that I've been using, the JCO combo, withdraw to up-air to waterfall kill.

Shoutouts to @JCOnyx

Top Bottom