• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Squirtle has a Savior Combo

T-block

B2B TST
Was there someone trying to escape the combo in the video? I'll test tomorrow, but I'm pretty sure MK can interrupt it after the ff d-air.

Nice find nonetheless.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Vid with someone SDI-ing left or right and not escaping and I might use it.

If it works, it means we have an option vs MK we didn't before. Which is always good.

I'm liking that all this stuff to counter MK has been discovered all of a sudden. Makes me happy in the pants.

Toby.

Smash Master
Yes, I highly doubt that its inescapable. According to hotgarbage's frame data the sheik one is escapable as well. DESPITE THIS, its still another option, as vermy said. So thanks for letting us know.

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
You are welcome.

I don't plan on testing this anymore. My goal is to give every character a footstool combo (I found one for MK... but I ain't ever telling... well... I told M2K).
The rest is up to the people who main that character. They're the ones who can test, make a guide if needed or discuss it. So my part is done (that is until I find the Ivy and Charazard combo).

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
This doesn't work. Squirtle's D-Air knocks the enemy off of the ground. They recover virtually instantly while you have massive lag, and you can be easily punished.

Theoretically, it could work once if the Meta Knight doesn't know what's going on, but realistically, if he spams the A button, he gets a N-Air on you, which will do more damage than your U-Tilt -> weak part of D-Air.

I already tried the possible "infinite" with B-Air, but it doesn't reach him fast enough. Since D-Air doesn't keep him on the ground, this doesn't work even it if reaches him fast enough.

EDIT: *click*

I just got a great idea that would probably allow for some silly stuff, like footstool -> Rock Smash or some stuff.

The main problem with most footstool combo ideas is that the character goes too far up on the footstool to continue anything until the opponent has moved.

What if you footstooled the opponent under a moving platform and platform cancelled?

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
What if you footstooled the opponent under a moving platform and platform cancelled?
Someone needs to follow the Falco boards more :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qrN11lcUQ

Also, Smashville.

For the record, the best way to get off the platform is to Platform Cancel ->Shield ->Dropthrough from Shield. If you try to just drop straight through, you'll crouch because Brawl is wierd.

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Someone needs to follow the Falco boards more :).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8_qrN11lcUQ

Also, Smashville.

For the record, the best way to get off the platform is to Platform Cancel ->Shield ->Dropthrough from Shield. If you try to just drop straight through, you'll crouch because Brawl is wierd.
I knew that. I just forgot, XD. I'm pretty sure I told Kismet about it.

It's just that I haven't seen it applied to other characters...and nothing would be cooler than a combo into Rock Smash. >:D

pure_awesome

Smash Lord
...and nothing would be cooler than a combo into Rock Smash. >:D
Captain Falcon is like 2 frames away from having a true combo into Falcon Punch.

Check. And. Mate.

Anydangway, I just went to check it out, and Squirtle is pretty easy to platform cancel with, and Zard even easier. They're also both able to footstool a tall, aerial opponent without going too high to cancel. So if you guys can find a way to guarantee a footstool and you don't mind a little

:mad::mad::mad:TEEEECCH SKIIIILLLL:mad::mad::mad:

then you should be set.

Top Bottom