• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

| SQUAT V | Results/Shoutouts |

Bsrk_

Smash Ace
I lol'ed at people who listed each state bar WA and then apologized for missing anyone_ ;) I jest i surely jest_ Either way it was good to all i met in QLD and thanks for hosting to Vyse_

Hotdogs - you were a laugh and your kirby was mad fun to play friendlies against, such a show pony i love it_

Shaya - Needs more Johns_ would of liked to friendlie you more later in the day but it was fun noetheless_ Watched you and how you analyse peoples playstyles_ Constantly thinking and it was pretty interesting to see you tick_ I'm still analysing you_ :p

Tedeth - Funny watching you freak out about the perth crew_ You really are in your own planet when it comes to brawl_ Learnt alot from our friendlies and i'm looking forward to when we catch you next_ More perth mindgames inc_

Vyse - Really enjoyed our matches and watching you go HXC against lvl9 Luigi_ Was fun cracking jokes at you and then seeing you blankly stare at us_ Will always make me lol about the east coast being the humourless half of OZ ;)

Yokai - You beat me dude and i lost my **** pretty hard lol_ Looking forward to a grudge match next time_

J-Birds - You did well dude and you play a pretty decent snake_ Didn't get to play too mcuh against you but i'm looking forward to it next time_

S.D - Wow your matches against Muzga_ You have some impressive DI and it was great to see you play_ Unfortunately i never got a chance to friendlie you but again i am looking forward to getting the chance next time_

Ameratsu - WTF you're so nice_ You play a very strange MK and it was definately interesting vsing you_ Made me rethink my plasytyle_ Thanks for all your help it was great meting you_

Arrow - Cheers for the rides and horrible memories of large korean basketballers named big daddy loong_

DJCat - Bob, thanks a bunch for taking me and Babbs in_ Really appreciated the effort and help you gave us_ Was cool meeting you and Gilly so maybe we'll see you down our way next time_

Perth crew - Giving wubs where it's needed_

Yokai

Smash Ace
You should be sorry about forgetting me scrubs. Im cut. Cut like a slice of toast. and hot. hot like a slice of toast.

Jezmo Family

Smash Rookie
Shoutouts!

Shoutouts from Jezmo Family (Jo, Coreyna and Shiloh)

Kaion
Chris, thank you for doubling with Jesse and being an awesome team mate. Much of the reason Jesse wants to come to tournaments is to have friendlies with you! I also want to say that it is great that you helped Toki get there. Btw, thanks for the chocolates. :)

Vyse
Anthony, thank you so much for hosting these tournaments especially when you are experiencing personal challenges. I know how hard the weekend must have been for you and I admire your commitment. I hope your brother is OK and that you both have a wonderful Christmas.

Hotdog
Scott, your Kirby has improved so much! Can’t say I’m happy that you beat Jesse but your humour and kindness make up for it (not!!)Lol. Thanks for always being so welcoming to Jesse and his family and have a great Christmas.

Toki
It was so nice to meet you and to put a face to Jesus! :) Your Marth is cool and your MK isn’t too bad either! Next time don’t be such a tier ***** in doubles and use Marth!! :)

I_LAG/Fake Scar/Mr.MK/MK4Life/Harrison/Harry (Pick a **** name!! lol)
Don’t be so upset about being a Tier *****. There are a lot of them at these tournaments (Kaion lol) and you can always move to Perth! :) It was great to meet you and congrats on your placing in doubles and singles.

Tedeth
Ted, your Wolf is so cool and your Wario is really impressive. Congrats on your placing and thanks for encouraging Jesse. :)

Jezmo
Ya know how AWESOME I think your Wolf is! :) Congrats on 3rd placing in doubles. I am so proud of you and how you well you did in this tournament. You are a joy to watch play and I am still your No. 1 fan. ‘Nuff said. :)

To all Smashers, Jesse doesn’t get to play off-line except for these tournaments so I greatly appreciate these opportunities and I think you guys are awesome. :)

Jesmo

Smash Journeyman
O.K, I know these are a bit late. I’m just too lazy and haven’t got around to them yet. Anywho, shoutouts time!

Vyse: Vyse, thanks for holding such a great tourney. It was the best one I’ve been to. I’ve never had so many friendlies! Your Diddy is still so awesome, Banana man. I’m just glad we finally got to have our Fox vs Sonic, it’s a pity we didn’t throw a Falcon in there as well  I hope your Brother is O.K and I’ll hopefully see you next tourney. I'll hold you to coming down here you know :) . Btw, can I see any of the doubles matches anywhere?

Kaion: 3’rd in Doubles! That is by far the best we’ve done in such a large scale tourney! I’m so amazed that you can just pull out a character on the day and carry me all the way to the loser’s finals with the penguin... I mean, him  We had great friendlies as usual and I laughed so much when you threw that banana peel when me and Vyse were playing Diddy ditto’s  However, since you went Mk on me, you are now a Tier ***** forever. Oh, and congrats on taking a match off Shaya. He doesn’t know that you are not supposed to dive on an Olimar charging an Usmash lol 

Toki: Toki, you are one of the coolest people I’ve played! Lol, congrats to you and Harrison for your great placing in Doubles! Your Marth plays so fast (Watching you 3-stock a certain ROB player in a ditto was inspiring!) Best match of the day was Pikachu three way! My. God. That. Was. Incredible.

I_LAG: You’ve got a really great Mk and I wish I’d got to play it more. The ditto we had was just too lame... Congratulations on your doubles and singles placing and I hope we see each other at another tourney... You tier *****

Rocko: I don’t know if you’ll see this but thanks for all the friendlies and being a part of the epic Pikachu 3-way. Your G&W is so legit! I think I was the only one to gimp you all day... And it was only because you stuffed up Lol

Tedeth: Thanks for telling me so much about the Wolf/Falco matchup. I swear I have pulled off a few shine spikes... I know I did it once on a Lucas. Your Wolf and Wario are really incredible. Instant respect to you for beating Amaterasu in a Wolf vs MK match. I hope we get to play again, Wolf ditto’s weren’t as lame as usual lol I was surprised how well I did in Olimar vs Wolf actually lol

Hotdog: Ughh, sorry I didn’t put up much of a fight in our Singles matches  Our matches would have been much more intense if I had played like I did on the second day. Your Kirby is so awesome... I’m so amazed that you pulled off that Chudat combo on Kaion 

J-Birds: What’s up with us only having like one 1 vs 1? Oh well, maybe next time. I actually watched your Snake a fair bit though. It’s as awesome as always  The **** thing is unkillable lol

Ghost: Only one game? I don’t know why we don’t play more. Your Yoshi is great. I think you just know him really well and all his technical stuff. Would that I knew as much about Wolf 

Andy: Played you twice in the doubles and I was on the edge of my seat both times! Your Lucario was really sweet and you seemed like a really nice person. I hope we can have some 1 vs 1’s some time.

Kickflip: Thanks for joining in those four ways halfway through the day. If you hadn’t come I wouldn’t have got to show off my failing excuse for gimp skills Lol

Gords: I think we only got to play once all day but I remember you owning me pretty bad  We must play more next time.

Aussierob123

Smash Champion
Yea sorry bsrk, i left alot the perth crew out cuz I didnt even see the brawl part of the tourney, i would shout out to you all cuz you all seem like really nice guys but unfortunately i didn't meet you :(. next time!

I LAG

Smash Lord
ok i'm going to finish off my shout outs now

j-birds: i have smartened up in the snake match up since we last played but not enough to beat you :( GGs your just too good. to bad you ****ed up in doubles almost as hard as i did last time i played you and hotdog.

hotdogs: your kirby is beast, it was good to get my revenge from you taking 4 stocks off me in like under 2min at boost. nice work on beating jesmo, probably the closest game i saw all day.

lord bowser: sorry i forgot your name :( trev or travis wasn't it? you have got the best bowser i've ever seen, like i knew bowser was decent but yours is really good and your mk is good to. GGs, it was nice meeting you.

Kane: your mk is beast, soo defensive kinda like mine. you just outsmarted me and i couldn't come back.

Muzga: congrats on beating SD and getting 7th in singles. your probably one of my favourite perth peoples because your so calm and nice. we didn't get any 1v1s :( i really want to get some more games with your mk and maybe we can learn some stuff off your mk

the 14 other perth metaknights i played: GGs

Hotdog

Smash Lord
Holy crap! Jezmo's Family hahaha that is so AWESOME! Epic win.

I'll do shout out soon... just being lazy @_@

Muzga

Smash Ace
I just wanted to stop by and say thanks for the awesome tournament! Having so many cool and interesting people made it really awesome and i had a great time.
Also fun fact: The only people who knocked me out at SQUAT were guys from Perth. I guess perth is just too legit:p

SHOUTOUT TIME!

Hotdogs - Those were some pretty good friendlies we had. I'm not used to playing good kirbies since perth doesnt really have any notable kirby players so it was a welcome change playing against ya.

Gords - Ah yes. The fabled toon link of the east! I was glad i managed to get some friendlies in with you too. Its always interesting to play against a Toon Link that isn't Corpsecreate. For once playing against Toon Link didnt make me want to commit suicide slowly so thank you for that breath of fresh air:D youre still pretty good and i think you deserved a better placing.

Shaya - I think your perspective of smash bros opened my eyes a bit and opened a few floodgates as far as improving as a player is concerned. What you said is right, I have good things about my game but my playstyle has gaping holes in it. Hopefully next time we meet my "west coast DI"(:p) and my playstyle will be harder to exploit:p it was nice meeting you and ggs

Tedeth - Whoa man. You play an awesome Wolf and Wario. You make good choices given most situations. I was really impressed when watching you play. Secretly when we had those friendlies before the tournament i was really worried about how id go. i thought i was ****ed, but I'm still happy i at least managed to get into the top 8

Vyse - Whats there to say? You held an awesome tournament! good job!:D Was cool hanging out/meeting ya. Maybe next time we'll be able to hit a pub/club somewhere. It was still fun doing all the g-rated stuff anyway. Please make a squat mafia:p

S.D - Oh man... **** was so real in our set. I suppose next time I'm over east you're gonna be out for blood:p nah our set was the most awesome set i've ever played. Thanks for giving me a real challenge and the memories of such an awesome set:D Next time i'm over east you'll know so we can have like a grudge match or something:p

J-Birds - I watched your set with Richard. That **** was epic. Youre a pretty solid player:D well done for placing so well.

Ameratsu - Wow... Just wow... You have a really different way of playing mk. There is a lot i could learn from your playstyle, You definitely deserve the placings you get. Youre also such a nice guy and i think thats awesome:D

Arrow - Thank you so much for the ride from the airport. Sorry again about the GPS mishap. Also sorry about those matches in pools. That must have been really annoying for ya:p Also its a shame Anthony walked in on your illegal stage selection:p

I Lag - Nice to meet ya. Weve got a guy who's a lot like you over here in Perth. He doesn't visit the boards though. Anyway, you play a pretty good MK. Next time i'm over east we should get some dittos in:D

Bsrk - Oh my god bob. When am i going to get that picture of me punching patrick in the face. I really want that photo:p Hurry up and give it to me

So yeah, When i can get the money together ill be traveling over east again. It was an awesome tournament and i would love to come to another major. Ill let you guy know when ill be over next:D

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
Yes vyse do what muzga said. Make a squat mafia after rocky mafia finishes ;D. Never played before and wana try it =/

KamiStriker

Smash Journeyman
More painful to play =(. I told him to stop being cheap and let me win, he wouldnt listen =/. He was like "I can't do that".

Richard7

Smash Ace
MUH TURN FOR MUH FIRST SHOUTOUT EVER!

Vyse: WAS PERTH LEGIT?! :laugh: As always, there's bumps in hosting a tournament, but you did a good job, loved the megaphone thingy. A shame we didn't have any matches, but I guess it'll have to wait till next time. lvl 9 Luigi match was SO epic, I think we've now passed on our tradition to the east. :bee: Red Rooster night was fun man. Falcon shirt ftw. :)

Shaya: Whoa, no wonder you won, you take Brawl quite seriously, I'm very interested in listening to any advice you'd like to give me. I really enjoy neck to neck games and most of ours were, its a good change from getting ***** by Sam. Had a good time generally hanging out with you on the Red Rooster night too.

Tedeth: Your Wario and Wolf (zomg double W) are both ****. I think it'd be interesting to see you pick up other characters because you are a great player man. Definitely enjoyed our friendlies, even though I only won like 2 matches (and there were friendlies, I think you play a lot better in tournament mode, imo I don't)

SD: Unfortunately I didn't talk to you, but yeah, already saw your matches against Andre (Muzga) (cus I "ganked" them at the tourney) and whoa were they close, it looks like we both share the same problem, moving into opponents kill moves. I don't know why I do it but its annoying lol.

Jbirds: ZOMG INTENSE! Nerf my competitive knowledge of Brawl, Snake + Halberd ftl lol. I really respect that you didn't do grab releases on me in the tournament matches. You won fair and square.

Amaterasu: What can I say? You ***** me good. I was just stuck against you, didn't know what to do. You play a different MK to what I'm used to, but nevertheless, a great MK. Like Ted, you're both skilled players, It'd be quite interesting to see you play other characters too. Wish we got some friendlies in. :(

I Lag: Sorry we didn't end up doing that MM, because tbh I really wanted to do it, I've never done one before. Can't say much else, didn't you see you play at all. :urg:

DJCat: Sorry about the confusion on the pizza hut day but thanks very much for the ride there. Didn't talk to you enough. :(

xXArrowXx: Thanks a million for the lift from the airport and again, SO sorry about the GPS holder/time it took for me to type in the address, I'm quite a clumsy guy. :( The money we gave you should be enough for a replacement holder.

Perth crew: I lub you guys, you were the source for most of my fun!

Was great meeting you all and hanging around with all of you and I look forward to hopefully seeing you all again. Wish I had more time to meet everyone else. :( Don't really think I was deserving of winning that awesome shirt, but thanks anyway guys.

EDIT: Worst part of SQUAT...... NERF NOT EVERYONE BEING IN THE GROUP PHOTO AND NERF ME BEING BEHIND PEOPLE AND NOT BEING VERY SEEABLE!!! (Btw, did I say "being" at all?) :psycho:

Sirias

Smash Champion
Every character I play is painful to watch.
I like playing ICs because they're cute.
And chain grab to death, which is all I try to do. :D

OH WELL.
CAN BEAT ZAC WITH THEM.
'Cause everyone hates playing Climbers.
They're so gay. <3

Sloth

Smash Ace
I'm a bit late on shoutouts due to heading to Tasmania basically after the tournament.
Thanks to everyone, I usually write an essay style shoutouts but this time I am keeping it simple:

Juggy - Your too **** sexy, Ill let you be popo anyday

And that is all! Sorry to anyone I missed :) was good to play again, I'm still a little rusty but I'll make sure to up my Falco's game for the next tournament!

Top Bottom