• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zantetsu

Smash Master
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=317154

SMYM13. Maybe we should go? Could be my last chance at a 100+ tourney.

:phone:
I'm always up to traveling for tournaments, but remember, our main concern is a vehicle that can take us there. I may be able to drive to Rolla, but that's pushing it. I went to Branson last week and my car gave me troubles on some hills to the point where I had to go 10-15 over the speed limit right before those same hills on the way back so my car would have momentum to make it over them. Also, the image below was my reason for traveling to Branson. Japanese Pokemon Yellow Version: Brand new, never been opened for only 10 dollars :)

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey guys. Let's talk about Rolla.

I'd be willing to drive to Springfield to meet up with you guys, and then drive in a carpool with you guys to Rolla. I'd just need money for gas and entertainment along the way :)

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
Zantetsu Zivilyn Bane Terry Terral I expect you all to be there next weekend!

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So I beat Wretched in a leaderboard match, what do I win?

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
If I do go it'll be alone. I'd rather not have to drive 3 both ways. And I could leave whenever alone. No offense guys :(

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I believe the current plan is to have the next tournament on the 25th. I'll put up the threads when I hear back from the church.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I should be able to get things worked out, but apparently the story that was given by the youth leader was that we were asked to leave immediately and didn't (I had asked if it was alright for us to finish up the tournament and he said it was fine). Since it's the youth basement, it's requested that I talk to him about it before we can use the church again. Did the youth leader say anything to anyone else?

Also, I got a straight answer about why we can't use the gym. It's used for a homeless women's shelter each night, which I hadn't previously been aware of.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Right when he walked in he pretty rudely told me "Ok guys you need to finish up..." something something. But we pretty much completed that friendly, packed up, and then left. How long were you guys there after we left?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Right when he walked in he pretty rudely told me "Ok guys you need to finish up..." something something. But we pretty much completed that friendly, packed up, and then left. How long were you guys there after we left?
I asked him if we'd be able to stay to finish the last two matches of the bracket, he said that was fine (never told me that we were in a rush), I packed up everything that wasn't on the carpet in that corner and we were done in probably around 15 minutes or so (how long I asked for), then we left. He didn't talk to me when he walked in or say anything to me directly about us needing to get out. I think it's fairly possible that it really isn't much of a problem at all and something just got exaggerated somewhere. I'll let everyone know when I've heard back from the youth leader (not the guy who was there last night, to clarify).

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I revised the bracket's graphics, based on feedback from the tournament and learning a few new things.

[collapse="bracket image"]
[/collapse]

Anything I need to change?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Triple posts are for pros.
To keep everyone updated, turns out there wasn't a problem at all on the 21st. The actual problem is that there are apparently going to be some changes with the basement.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Triple posts are for pros.
To keep everyone updated, turns out there wasn't a problem at all on the 21st. The actual problem is that there are apparently going to be some changes with the basement.
Will these changes effect our smash tournaments/smashfests? If so, what are the changes?

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Double post, but it's important enough.

THE ROLLA TOURNAMENT IS IN 2 DAYS! Here is some information.

• I will be driving (Unless someone else offers to drive and has an open spot)
• Kendra will be staying at her mom's, so I have 4 spots (3 in the backseat, 1 in the front).
• Whoever asks first gets a spot, but don't ask if you're not guaranteed to go.
• Gas will be 10 dollars a person. (My car has terrible gas mileage due to age (270k miles) as well as my transmission not reaching it's final gear.)
• We will leave Springfield by 10, so be ready by 9.
• I can pick anyone up if they are not too far out of the way. Send me your address and I'll let you know the situation. If you're able to meet me at Wal-Mart on Karney, that would be much better.
• I don't plan to stay too awfully late, because of things I have to do the next day. We will probably leave Rolla at 8, 9 at the latest. I will make an exception if somebody is still in a bracket.
• Don't bother bringing a TV, there will be no room in my trunk. Small bags are okay, so feel free to bring a cube setup.
• Bring music in CD form or MP3 player with a USB input. I don't think most people will like what I listen to. I have 2 12" subs so bass music is fun.

More info may be added as I think of it.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
I'm friends with Ziv on facebook now.

how do you say your last name ziv?? Is it "eeds" or "e-des" or "ed-es" or what??

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
eeds
I'm like 90% sure.
ROMAN I CALL A SPOT.
But the dilemma is that if I pay you $10 for gas, I cannot enter singles or doubles or eat food.
If someone could spot me some for singles (yep, I will definitely enter) that would be awesome. Or if Terrence spots me gas money I could enter singles and doubles. I am not worried about food though.

EDIT: Oh and I love the stuff you listen to <3
Can I pay you 5 and ride in the trunk, Roman?

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
If Yes! is going I might try to hitch a ride with him, otherwise I'll want a spot.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
I'll be claiming my guaranteed spot promised from last time. Shotgun, homies.

I can totally meet you at the Wal-Mart. And give ya gas money. And, I might even be able to pay for Wretched.

(I should be loaded, but we'll see.)

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Well it looks like it will be me, Terrence (Terrence claims Michael really isn't going), Nathan, Terral, and Wretched.

I have all of your numbers except for Terral. I will be able to pick Wretched and Terrence up, and Nathan claims he can meet me at Wal-Mart, so if you could message me your number Terral, we can figure more things out.

I'll see you all tomorrow morning!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I never said I was going. Actually I clearly stated the opposite several times. Although since the wife and kids will be out of town, I certainly considered it. However since work let me off for three hours to watch the NFC championship game, the make up is unfortunately on Saturday.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I never said I was going. Actually I clearly stated the opposite several times. Although since the wife and kids will be out of town, I certainly considered it. However since work let me off for three hours to watch the NFC championship game, the make up is unfortunately on Saturday.

When you said "Eeds, 100%" I thought you were stating your name and that you're 100% able to go. I forgot about G Vice's post completely, haha.

Top Bottom