• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
So I heard about this game called Smash Bros. I think you guys might be interested in it.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I just remembered that I never put up the tournament threads or pages or events or anything else for the January tournament. I'll get to that.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
Everything about SFIV is balls :) As a standalone competitive game, in comparison to SFII or III, in comparison to other fighters, to Melee. Aesthetically offensive. Especially bad general community. Wtf Akuma/Cammy?

Bleh.

Marvel 3 and BlazBlue are also bad competitive games. What happened to 3s, CvS2, MvC2, Alpha 3, good KoF (98/02), VF4, etc. all being played at the same time? Fighters came back in a bad way.....

aight Melty Blood, get out there and defend the genre

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I just got into traditional fighters back in October so I can't really put up any kind of argument other than the fact that it's your opinion. I personally enjoy the game (SFIV), but it's only my 2nd game that I've tried to become competitive in (3rd if you count SSB64 and SSBM as separate games).

Marvel is balls, I agree. The game is fun with a group of friends, but I couldn't imagine myself trying to play that game at high level play.

I played a bit of Melty Blood: Act Cadenza back in the day and found it very fun, even though I played it very lightly. I plan on switching over to Melty Blood when the newest one comes out, but for now, I'm using Street Fighter IV for a gateway into traditional fighters because I can always play online.

_Yes!_

Smash Hero
Hey guys! I'm back in Missouri. You still won't see me until Pathways, but just know that I'm gracing this state with my presence ;) Oh, Michael, I brought my own controller; thanks so much for loaning me your's for the past few months. Roman, I brought my PS2 controller and am going to buy an adapter so I can use it for Xbox, Marvel/SF all day?

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Something in 2 days.
I am trying to get the wifi password and we will watch the Apex stream and play smash and all of that business.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
When you asked the church for the WiFi password, you didn't leave a way for her to get back to you. Good job.

The suggested password is 1232edale, but I recall the password being some insanely long hexadecimal string. It's worth a try, though. Also, she suggested that someone could drop by and try the password before the tournament and we can make sure it works. "Tues-Fri from 8:15-3:00"

Wretched

Dankness of Heart
Shut your ***** mouth Terral.
That password will work.

EDIT: I AM SORRY I LOVE YOU.

They will probably stream brawl all day tomorrow so whatevs.

Top Bottom