• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Springfield, MO discussion thread

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Thanks Bert. You should check out the Elo topic under Melee Discussion if you have the time.

For those interested, vids from the last pathways are here.

Stay tuned as there's more to come.

Also, did we do doubles first or singles first last month? I can't remember =/

Zantetsu

Smash Master
^From page 2 of this thread^

Anyone know if this guy is here yet?

And is it technically considered summer yet?
He's one of my online friends from my SSB64 group from like, 2007, lol. I'm not sure if he still plans on coming down or if he was serious to being with, but I'll be sure to tell you all if he tells me he's still coming down.

I may be up for smash today if people are open and can tell me ahead of time. No guarantees but it could happen. Feel free to text me if you have it or post on the boards.

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
I got the Hauppauge replaced and a brand spankin new splitter, by the wonka. I think we should get even more people to bring recorders, at least 2 per station, so that every single millisecond is put on YouTube for dozens of people to see!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
I do agree that we need more recording setups. Roman don't you have one? Saffy? If we got four that would be pretty awesome.

I know some of the players like Nathan or Drew would like their matches recorded, but the recording setups are usually taken by our top players like Sinister, Akuma, Zantetsu, and myself. And while I do believe we should hold a certain priority (it's like that at every tournament) I would love to have more recording set ups so our second wave of players can get matches recorded too. Especially since every time I play guys like Nathan, Terrance, or Drew they are much better and more entertaining to watch than the time before.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
Would anyone be able to house some players from St. Louis? It's looking like I can't. I believe they are mostly Brawl, not sure if they play Melee or not.

-Tempest-

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0104-1413-9980
Aww snap. It's on, Ziv. It's on. Like Donkey Kong or something. I'ma get all up in that recording setup next time. Every match I play, son. EVERY MATCH. I gotta make up for lost ground. Lol.

Also, I've got an interview at Family Video today.

Linkz17

Smash Apprentice
I got the Hauppauge replaced and a brand spankin new splitter, by the wonka. I think we should get even more people to bring recorders, at least 2 per station, so that every single millisecond is put on YouTube for dozens of people to see!
I may be able to bring my Dazzle. However my laptop sucks and doesn't have much storage space left. My 1 TB external hard drive completely broke, so I can't use that, so I'm not sure if I should take mine.

Would anyone be able to house some players from St. Louis? It's looking like I can't. I believe they are mostly Brawl, not sure if they play Melee or not.
I'd volunteer, but they'd have to drive even further south since I'm in Branson, so that probably wouldn't be best.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Ok guys it's Thursday. Time to start discussing our weekly Melee smashfest. Who's in? Who's out? When and where? I'm thinking Sunday at Pathways again? How does that sound?

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Ok guys it's Thursday. Time to start discussing our weekly Melee smashfest. Who's in? Who's out? When and where? I'm thinking Sunday at Pathways again? How does that sound?
No, no, no. You've got it all wrong. The plan was to smash at Bert's house in Washington. Then afterwards, Bert was going to take everyone out to eat.

Lol I'll wine and dine you.

>Bert<

Smash Ace
DUDE the smash around here is lame. Saffy can never smash when I'm free lol. And the StL folks aren't getting back with me. It seems as if I need to drive to CoMO to get any smash in.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Let me just pack my bags and live in the basement of the church lol
Grant is moving out of his parents house. If you move here I can help you get a great job at tmobile where the pay is great, benefits are amazing, and of course the discounts. Then you and Grant can get a place together and the Super Springfield Bros just got THAT much stronger.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I just watched a bunch of doubles videos from Zenith. Axe and Kage is possibly the greatest team ever.

Vts

Smash Champion
Hey arkansas might come to this

we need a place to stay again :D

and by might i mean we are coming to this, we will become top of the ELO chart :)

Me and Saberguy again plus maybe yoshiman and good chance for Arby so 3-4 people.

Also if we have 4 we will crew battle your state, AR vs MO

kind of we are missing 2 strong power hitters so might loss lol

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
We're in weird shape for housing this month, unless Ziv will change his mind for Arkansas. Worst-case scenario, we can pitch in for a hotel or something. I really hope you guys are able to make it.

:phone:

Red Rogue

Smash Rookie
yah jake lives like a block from me, LOL ziv that would be hilarious but who knows what is to come.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Best case scenario is for Jake to house Arkansas + Me lol. You guys are very well behaved and didn't stay up all night so I could potentially swing that but of course, gotta talk to the wifey.

I gotta say though I am extremely excited of your return. This will greatly help in me convincing Jace and the rest of KC to come. Plus Columbia is of course coming.

For the crew battle, last time you guys took 1st and 2nd, so I think it'll be decently balanced. I doubt Atma or Phatgamer will come and they're probably the two best in Missouri so it'll be alright!

Vts

Smash Champion
Best case scenario is for Jake to house Arkansas + Me lol. You guys are very well behaved and didn't stay up all night so I could potentially swing that but of course, gotta talk to the wifey.

I gotta say though I am extremely excited of your return. This will greatly help in me convincing Jace and the rest of KC to come. Plus Columbia is of course coming.

For the crew battle, last time you guys took 1st and 2nd, so I think it'll be decently balanced. I doubt Atma or Phatgamer will come and they're probably the two best in Missouri so it'll be alright!
Yeah and arby is on our level of play also , hell if he is playing well he will win the tournament

but yeah just give a shout of if we can stay, i plan to go to bed pretty early again, sleep wins tournaments lol

>Bert<

Smash Ace
Sounds like this tournament is shaping up nicely. We got Springfield, the CoMO dudes, Arkansas, some KC guys, I'm liking the sound of this.

Zantetsu

Smash Master
If we've got this many people from other locations coming to this monthly, then me and Michael's tournament later down the rode should turn out as good as I thought, if not better.

I love how people travel for small tournaments. It's this kind of thing that keeps melee alive.

Oh yeah, and I'm winning this ****.

Terral

bluehexagons
Slippi.gg
TERA#282
I'm pretty sure I'm going to win this tournament.
As long as everyone else uses Ness.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Yeah and arby is on our level of play also , hell if he is playing well he will win the tournament

but yeah just give a shout of if we can stay, i plan to go to bed pretty early again, sleep wins tournaments lol
Sorry for the double post but I just realized something.

The day before this tournament I will be on my regular schedule at work...which means I don't get off work until midnight =/

We need somebody to step up and get these guys some housing!

Robbie what about letting them sleep at the church??

Vts

Smash Champion
Sorry for the double post but I just realized something.

The day before this tournament I will be on my regular schedule at work...which means I don't get off work until midnight =/

We need somebody to step up and get these guys some housing!

Robbie what about letting them sleep at the church??
That would be cool, that church is sweet place, we won't make a mess.

i'm house trained also if that counts

Zantetsu

Smash Master
Good smashing tonight, guys. Terrance, you're showing a lot of improvement, I was impressed. Keep it up. Nathan, same for you.

I felt like I was doing really good near the end of the night. This raises my expectations for the next tournament.

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
You're right Roman and after tonight we share the #1 Springfield player spot. You're improvement never ceases to amaze me.

Arkansas: I asked Robbie tonight about you guys sleeping at the church and he said "Probably." I'm going to bug him about it all week so you can pretty much count on staying there. As you probably remember, there are plenty of couches for everybody to sleep on. Can't wait for the tourney!!! What time are you guys expecting to be here the day before?

Ugvts

Smash Cadet
Friday night -> Saturday, or Saturday night -> Sunday or Friday night -> Saturday -> Sunday

People staying over should be fine, but if you want to stay over to Sunday morning you have to get up at 9:30 because people are gunna be down there. You can leave then, if you want, ooooooooooor go to church (wink wink nudge nudge get-those-attendance-numbers-up).

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall have rest!

Zivilyn Bane

Smash Master
Friday night -> Saturday, or Saturday night -> Sunday or Friday night -> Saturday -> Sunday

People staying over should be fine, but if you want to stay over to Sunday morning you have to get up at 9:30 because people are gunna be down there. You can leave then, if you want, ooooooooooor go to church (wink wink nudge nudge get-those-attendance-numbers-up).

By Grabthar's hammer, by the suns of Warvan, you shall have rest!
This is awesome. So now all we need is word from Arkansas and whoever else is sleeping there to find out what time they are gonna arrive so we can make sure they're let in. Like I said, I work until midnight the day before the tourney so I can't do it =/

Zantetsu

Smash Master
I'm changing the subject and not feeling bad about it due to the fact that the current discussion is something more suitable for the actual tournament thread. Not that I care or anything, lol.

Anyway, I was thinking about the tournament for August and I'm not a big fan of using umad mostly because of the fact that there was already a mad and "united maylay all daylay" is too similar to "melee all day." SO, I decided to make up a mock logo for the tournament, if everyone is still up for using "Short Hopping Into Tomorrow (****)" Here's what I pulled out of my *** in roughly 20 mins:

So, suggestions or anything are appreciated. I plan on adding tiny details at the bottom like the location and date, I just haven't done it yet.

Also, since you have the keys to the Church, Michael, why don't we host the big tournament there? We've had 20 people in the basement before and it felt like nothing so fitting even 50 people wouldn't be hard at all since we already have those couches and chairs, along with a parking lot that should be able to fit everyone. Smashers are usually very clean and neat so I don't see there being a huge problem with us hosting a tournament there. It'd be best to clear it with Robbie just incase, and the Church to make sure we don't have conflicting dates.

Top Bottom