• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
Hmmm. Wadi takes another Xanadu, and this one over Fatality. Double elimination no less. Also, Wadi has amazing Nair ledge-traps, I will have to look into it more as ledge-trapping is relatively unexplored for M2. Did anyone else see the set?

C3CC

Smash Lord
Here's hoping that Abadango will take EVO 2016. Taking another national would do wonders for Mewtwo's placing in the tier list.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
I hope he wins, too. I can't wait to see how he's progressed his Mewtwo from the last time I watched him.

Sonicninja115

I hope he wins, too. I can't wait to see how he's progressed his Mewtwo from the last time I watched him.
He has gotten his tech down... His Mewtwo is definitely the best technically as well. I saw him do ledge jump-DJC B-reverse SB. Not easy to do.

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Got 4th at my weekly. So it wasn't a fluke at least. Lost game five when my opponent decided to go Diddy on me.

I feel like I need a secondary just for him.

Sonicninja115

Got 4th at my weekly. So it wasn't a fluke at least. Lost game five when my opponent decided to go Diddy on me.

I feel like I need a secondary just for him.
Luckily, Abadango doesn't have any Diddy's he needs to worry about. Only Dabuz and possibly Ranai.

Also, 4 Mewtwo's got into R2, @Hitaku Abadango, Rich brown and 9B.

Quantumpen

Smash Apprentice
Abadango has been so clean all day long. Punish game/combo game on point, jank mobility (He's air-dodging is on a whole different level... makes mewtwo seem unhittable) plus all those teleport cancel pivots/shadowballs.... it's just magnificent. I think he's very likely to beat Ally and has a good chance vs. Kame (who has beaten before).

Aba's Mewtwo tech is crazy now, he's now pretty much indisputably the best Mewtwo across all dimensions of play.

Last edited:

Metros

Smash Ace
NNID
metros2soul
Aba lost to Zero. He went Rosalina in the first set (I don't know why) and was demolished by Zero's diddy. He did much better with Mewtwo but ended up losing to him.

I met Hitaku and Rich Brown as well. Rich pretty much destroyed me in Mewtwo ditto's but it was cool playing against a high level player. He said he could tell my Mewtwo was good. Really awesome guy, so is Hitaku!

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Yeah, him going Rosa was wierd. Maybe he thought his Rosa was enough to handle Diddy.

Sonicninja115

Yeah, him going Rosa was wierd. Maybe he thought his Rosa was enough to handle Diddy.
Last time he went Mewtwo first (Smash n' Splash) and got 3-0'ed. Mewtwo seems to have an extremely hard time dealing with certain moves and cannot use Banana. Basically, Megaman is to Diddy what Diddy is to us.

Also, I found a way to reliably get Dtilt > Nair > DJ Uair > fair, and I found that for some reason, we all overlooked Nair > Dair and Nair > Dair > Fair... They are easy on larger characters, but precise on thin and small ones.

These combos kill at 50%, 45%ish (Depends on recovery) and 40% respectively.

Last edited:

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
Last time he went Mewtwo first (Smash n' Splash) and got 3-0'ed. Mewtwo seems to have an extremely hard time dealing with certain moves and cannot use Banana. Basically, Megaman is to Diddy what Diddy is to us.
Oh believe me I know. Him using his Rosa off the bat was wierd because she was clearly underprepared for ZeRo's diddy.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'm disappointed to find out that a freaking Mario took EVO. I hate Mario with a deep, burning passion. Of course I wanted Abadango (or Dabuz) to win because I wanted to see Mewtwo or Rosalina take it. Oh well.

Finding out that Abadango also uses Rosalina some times makes me admire him even more. It's amazing that we share mains!

Metalex

Smash Journeyman
NNID
mettalex
3DS FC
2509-3509-1078

Also, I found a way to reliably get Dtilt > Nair > DJ Uair > fair, and I found that for some reason, we all overlooked Nair > Dair and Nair > Dair > Fair... They are easy on larger characters, but precise on thin and small ones.

These combos kill at 50%, 45%ish (Depends on recovery) and 40% respectively.
Didn't think Dair could combo out of Nair reliably so never bothered testing it much, sounds interesting! Is it the spike hitbox or knockup hitbox that you connect with?

Also what's the method for Dtilt > fj Nair > dj Uair > Fair?

I usually hold forward until near the end of the Nair where i hold backwards briefly to make sure the opponent is knocked out in front of me and then immediately forward again and Uair when the Nair ends which seems to work most of the time, but im not sure if it's the best method.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Didn't think Dair could combo out of Nair reliably so never bothered testing it much, sounds interesting! Is it the spike hitbox or knockup hitbox that you connect with?

Also what's the method for Dtilt > fj Nair > dj Uair > Fair?

I usually hold forward until near the end of the Nair where i hold backwards briefly to make sure the opponent is knocked out in front of me and then immediately forward again and Uair when the Nair ends which seems to work most of the time, but im not sure if it's the best method.
Both hit boxes work with the Dair thing, however, it is a pain in the butt to get reliably. Still working on it though.

As for the other combo, I do FH Nair and hold back on Nair until the final few hits, making sure the opponent goes the correct direction. After that, I press forward and allow Mewtwo to fall down a bit to get under the opponent, allowing the Uair to easily hit with the correct hit box. The other method works, but is unreliable in a match because of how specific the spacing of Nair needs to be.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Some news about Pokemon Sun and Moon came out. New pokemon were revealed which is cool, but the biggest thing was Hyper Training, a feature that allows you manipulate the IVs of your pokemon. This is one of the best changes in this gen, I personally don't mind breeding for the perfect mon but this will assist greatly in fixing some of the legendaries I've caught in previous gens.

Sonicninja115

Some news about Pokemon Sun and Moon came out. New pokemon were revealed which is cool, but the biggest thing was Hyper Training, a feature that allows you manipulate the IVs of your pokemon. This is one of the best changes in this gen, I personally don't mind breeding for the perfect mon but this will assist greatly in fixing some of the legendaries I've caught in previous gens.
To what extent? Is it a reallocation mechanic or something else?

Murlough

Euphoria
NNID
Murl0ugh
3DS FC
4828-8253-7746
wasn't specific

the trailer just showed that the ivs can be increased through the new hyper training mechanic.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
It seems like the only catch we know of is that your Pokemon has to hit level 100 before its IVs can be manipulated.

I'm so happy I can finally kiss IV breeding good-bye. It was so tedious and stupid.

Sonicninja115

It seems like the only catch we know of is that your Pokemon has to hit level 100 before its IVs can be manipulated.

I'm so happy I can finally kiss IV breeding good-bye. It was so tedious and stupid.
Tedious? It only took me 400 hours in X/Y to get a perfect Alakazam! (Not counting the countless hours in Black/White...

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
New XY Chapter is out, will probably go back and update this once a better summary is out. :150:

KtdAPOX.jpg

Having defeated the Flare Admins and with Yvetal occupied, the group realizes that Diantha is missing, with Green explaining that she went on ahead. Now knowing the Ultimate Weapon is still active and is nearing completion, the group decides to send X & Green ahead to Pokemon Village to confront Lysandre.

Flying overhead on their Charizards, the two fail to notice Diantha having been captured by Malva and being held at gunpoint by her Talonflame. The two discuss the revelation of there being two different Charizard Mega Evolutions, with Diantha believing the two will succeed in stopping Lysandre. Malva says goodbye and Talonflame roasts Diantha's head...

Arriving at the Village, they discover all the Flare grunts have already been knocked out. To Green's horror, the culprit is Mewtwo. He attempts to plead with it, referencing the events of FRLG, but their Pokemon are quickly overwhelmed much to Lysandre's delight.

Lysandre states that when they came to Pokemon Village none of the traumatized Pokemon there were scared of Team Flare until they started to take them away to have their energy drained, which is when Mewtwo, their protector, entered the scene. He states that he was hoping his grunts & X/Y's group would be able to tire it out for him so he could catch it himself.

Mewtwo prepares a Psystrike to finish them off, but at the last second redirects the attack at Lysandre's Gyarados. Mewtwo suddenly Mega Evolves into Y, there being a shadow of the keystone user on a cliffside (AZ?) and enters into battle against Lysandre's entire team. Frustrated at this turn of events, Lysandre presses a button on a remote control...

Elsewhere just as Cassius & his friends (the Gen 6 version of Bill) wonder where Emma is, noticing that several Pokemon have been moved in her PC. They track her to Route 22 and head off to try and find her, Zygarde 50% pops out of the ground underneath X & Green...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

All legendary Pokemon are guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs in XY and ORAS.
All legendary Pokemon are guaranteed to have at least 3 perfect IVs in XY and ORAS.
That still leaves 3 more stats that need perfect IVs. Getting even a 5 perfect IV legendary in Gen 6 is very difficult.

Fun stats! (All for Gen 6)

Chance of 4 perfect IV Legendary: 1/32

Chance of 5 perfect IV Legendary: 1/1024

Chance of 6 perfect IV Legendary: 1/32768

Chance of Shiny Pokemon (standard way): 1/4096

Sonicninja115

I have a 4 IV shiny event Rayquaza from Japan. One of the IV's isn't optimal, which is the only reason I believe it isn't hacked.

The game is getting sooo much easier nowadays. With the restaurants for leveling, EV training, the weird poke garden thingies and now IV training. Sorta good, but sorta annoying.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I have a 4 IV shiny event Rayquaza from Japan. One of the IV's isn't optimal, which is the only reason I believe it isn't hacked.

The game is getting sooo much easier nowadays. With the restaurants for leveling, EV training, the weird poke garden thingies and now IV training. Sorta good, but sorta annoying.
It's either tediously grind eggs, hack them or now use in-game "hacks". All these options apply mostly for competitive players, which is not something you often see in Nintendo. Certainly there's nothing with trying to make that metagame a bit more accessible, though nobody's forcing you to use them if for some reason you prefer doing things the repetitive, old-fashioned way (when you could be grinding interesting things like me. See below).

Sonicninja115

It's either tediously grind eggs, hack them or now use in-game "hacks". All these options apply mostly for competitive players, which is not something you often see in Nintendo. Certainly there's nothing with trying to make that metagame a bit more accessible, though nobody's forcing you to use them if for some reason you prefer doing things the repetitive, old-fashioned way (when you could be grinding interesting things like me. See below).
I moved on from pokemon a while ago. Smash is just far better. My main beef is that the main difference between pro and semi-competitive is now knowledge, and to an extent, strategy. (Although knowledge and strategy do go hand-in-hand)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I always just played on Pokemon Online and Showdown. I was actually really good late into the 5th generation, if I say so myself. But it's been a good while since I last played competitively, and I don't have the skill or the metagame knowledge I had back then.

I'll probably play it again for a bit when Sun and Moon come out, albeit more casually then I did in gen 5, especially now that IV training is going to be a thing. I'll probably do a lot more rotation battles. I always loved those, but unfortunately PO and Showdown don't support them.

Igzex

I wish I looked this good with lipstick
Is that hacked? The chances of 2 IV's from a wild pokemon are about the same as getting a shiny...
It's rarer than a Shiny for me since I have the shiny charm. But no I caught the Yveltal myself. It was pure luck.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
It's rarer than a Shiny for me since I have the shiny charm. But no I caught the Yveltal myself. It was pure luck.
Kudos!
I caught a Jolly Rayquaza with 6IVs and a Bold Suicune with 5IVs except on the attack stat. I always have a hard time convincing people that I didn't hack them, haha.

Speaking of luck, I traded some wild shinies for Hoopa and Volcanion on the GTS and I got them with favorable natures and 6IVs! They were obviously manipulated but I was too happy to care.

Also, I greatly enjoyed EVO this year (didn't watch the whole thing, just highlights and some sets). There was a lot of character variety and several good players behind them, plus Mario and Megaman ended up 1st and 2nd place respectively instead of the expected top tiers such as ZSS, Sheik, Rosaluma, Diddy Kong, etc. Man, I love Smash 4.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Hey! M2 fun fact:

If you press up on the D-Pad at the end of a match, the "Looking over the shoulder" victory screen will happen.

If you press Left/Right on the D-Pad, then you will get the maniacal laugh one.

If you press down, you will get the Down taunt victory screen.

! and 2 might be flipped... can't remember...

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Hey! M2 fun fact:

If you press up on the D-Pad at the end of a match, the "Looking over the shoulder" victory screen will happen.

Does it really work? I might have to try it the next time I play.

LordShade67

Smash Ace
NNID
LordShade67
3DS FC
2148-8642-9915
Hey! M2 fun fact:

Actually, left gives you DTaunt victory, right gives the laughing one, and down picks a random winpose. That said, I kinda like all of Mewtwo's win animations in Smash 4. They just...look like better versions of his Melee ones, IMO. Example:

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Wait a minute. Does this trick work on other characters besides Mewtwo? For example: I'm playing Corrin and when I win a match I do his/her up taunt, does this always give me the dragon transformation victory screen or something else?

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Wait a minute. Does this trick work on other characters besides Mewtwo? For example: I'm playing Corrin and when I win a match I do his/her up taunt, does this always give me the dragon transformation victory screen or something else?
Yes, this works for every character, and it has been around since Brawl.

JesseMcCloud

AKA Zessei, Herald of Fate
NNID
JesseMcCloud
3DS FC
3652-0660-4917
Yes, this works for every character, and it has been around since Brawl.
Technically, it's been around since Melee, but you held A, B, or X/Y for the different results. Ah, memories...

Anywho, I've nee practicing with good ol' M2 as my secondary (Cloud main for life, sorrynotsorry) and I came to one singular conclusion:

Gatdang his Ukemi animations are beautiful :3

Last edited:
Top Bottom