• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Edit: where did the quote go... dang it... Now my post looks weird...

You're a real friend, you know that? Thank you for wondering about me!

So much has happened...

I ran out of money, so I was running out of gasoline. Getting by on $6.50 of food a day. I was on Reddit one day, in the Sailormoon section of all places (that show is my childhood, go easy on me), and I told a stranger my situation. She said she had been homeless herself, and had since gotten married and moved into an apartment in Germany. She insisted on sending me a care package. I said I couldn't accept at first, but... I was so destitute... I told her to send whatever she felt like, except that I had enough clothes already.

Then one of my uncles died. I went to Ohio for the funeral, and I never came back to Virginia. I left my car and most of my belongings. I just took enough clothes to get by and as much food/games/medicine/razors etc. that I had.

At first I was gonna stay with my cousin and get a job at the auto auction he worked at... but I never learned how to drive a manual transmission, so it didn't work out.

Then I stayed with an aunt, in her nice basement. But she made it clear I couldn't stay, since they were on fixed income, etc.

Then I moved in with my childhood friend Jeremy. We've known each other since 4th grade! Past two years or so we barely talked, but we are still friends. I love his family to pieces... they're like my second family. He joined the Marines, fought in Iraq, and then became a nurse while I built sheds, painted, and watched my life come unraveled.

Then I started applying to jobs, and trying to stay here in Ohio. I got a couple interviews, but nothing panned out.

Then a package arrived from Germany! A box filled to the brim with: food (lots of food!), medicine, candy, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, Gold Bond, a nice simple "Germany" t-shirt, some cash money, and a heartfelt hand-written note with a drawing of Sailor Moon on it. I opened it and cried. I thanked her. I told her I wanted to pay her back some day, but she insisted I not.

Then my grandparents suggested I apply at a local discount grocery store near them, seemingly out of the blue. I did. They called me back, and two interviews later, I was hired! MY FIRST REAL JOB IN A YEAR!

I moved in with my grandparents for about a week before heading over to another aunt & uncle's place nearby. I live here still today, 5 days out of the week. I stay with my grandparents on Sat & Sun.

I still have no car, but I'm saving up money to fix that ASAP! I work in the produce department: fruits & vegetables. I move crates of produce, place orders, sort and check for spoiled stuff, stock shelves, and a host of other things involved in those processes. I work full-time!

I don't really play Smash right now. I still enjoy watching other people play Smash 4, though! Kinda glad they're gonna nerf Bayonetta soon... I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I don't care for her at all.

When I do play games, lately I play Pokemon Heart Gold or Omega Ruby.

I miss you guys.

I'll post more later!

P.S. Congrats on mod status Sonicninja, you deserved it!
Ohh man, that's so amazing! I'm so happy you've finally gotten onto steady ground; it must've been difficult. That lady in Germany is wonderful too, helping you out 'n stuff.

My next match with Mewtwo goes out to you two!

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
The patch killed a third or today's video and killed Monday's. I tired uploading them all but....

C3CC

Smash Lord
Last night I reunited with some friends to drink beer and play Smash. I'd say our level is slightly above average and there were some really cool matches. I don't think we saved any replays, though. My Mewtwo game is pretty solid right now. It was very fun!

We called last night "The Bayonetta Nerf Celebration Party".

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
That's unfortunate that your videos got screwed over :/ especially considering, outside of Bayo, everyone else is exactly as they were last patch so if Bayo wasn't involved then the replays would've worked fine.

And I guess I'll go ahead and ask for a Discord invite too. Never used it before and I doubt I'll be very active on it but a lot of people seem to prefer using it over Skype so I'd at least like to learn how to use it.

Yonder

Smashboard's 1st Sole Survivor
NNID
Skullicide
3DS FC
4055-4053-1813
Edit: where did the quote go... dang it... Now my post looks weird...

You're a real friend, you know that? Thank you for wondering about me!

So much has happened...

I ran out of money, so I was running out of gasoline. Getting by on $6.50 of food a day. I was on Reddit one day, in the Sailormoon section of all places (that show is my childhood, go easy on me), and I told a stranger my situation. She said she had been homeless herself, and had since gotten married and moved into an apartment in Germany. She insisted on sending me a care package. I said I couldn't accept at first, but... I was so destitute... I told her to send whatever she felt like, except that I had enough clothes already.

Then one of my uncles died. I went to Ohio for the funeral, and I never came back to Virginia. I left my car and most of my belongings. I just took enough clothes to get by and as much food/games/medicine/razors etc. that I had.

At first I was gonna stay with my cousin and get a job at the auto auction he worked at... but I never learned how to drive a manual transmission, so it didn't work out.

Then I stayed with an aunt, in her nice basement. But she made it clear I couldn't stay, since they were on fixed income, etc.

Then I moved in with my childhood friend Jeremy. We've known each other since 4th grade! Past two years or so we barely talked, but we are still friends. I love his family to pieces... they're like my second family. He joined the Marines, fought in Iraq, and then became a nurse while I built sheds, painted, and watched my life come unraveled.

Then I started applying to jobs, and trying to stay here in Ohio. I got a couple interviews, but nothing panned out.

Then a package arrived from Germany! A box filled to the brim with: food (lots of food!), medicine, candy, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, Gold Bond, a nice simple "Germany" t-shirt, some cash money, and a heartfelt hand-written note with a drawing of Sailor Moon on it. I opened it and cried. I thanked her. I told her I wanted to pay her back some day, but she insisted I not.

Then my grandparents suggested I apply at a local discount grocery store near them, seemingly out of the blue. I did. They called me back, and two interviews later, I was hired! MY FIRST REAL JOB IN A YEAR!

I moved in with my grandparents for about a week before heading over to another aunt & uncle's place nearby. I live here still today, 5 days out of the week. I stay with my grandparents on Sat & Sun.

I still have no car, but I'm saving up money to fix that ASAP! I work in the produce department: fruits & vegetables. I move crates of produce, place orders, sort and check for spoiled stuff, stock shelves, and a host of other things involved in those processes. I work full-time!

I don't really play Smash right now. I still enjoy watching other people play Smash 4, though! Kinda glad they're gonna nerf Bayonetta soon... I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I don't care for her at all.

When I do play games, lately I play Pokemon Heart Gold or Omega Ruby.

I miss you guys.

I'll post more later!

P.S. Congrats on mod status Sonicninja, you deserved it!
Glad to hear you are ok! I'm assuming I was the one who was being quoted ha-ha.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
So nice from the lady from Germany! What a nice gesture, my faith in humanity has been restored! Just out of curiosity, may I ask how old are you? And congratulations on landing a job, I hope things keep working out for you :)
I'm 30 years old now. And yes, what she did was truly a blessing to me and very moving.

Glad to hear you are ok! I'm assuming I was the one who was being quoted ha-ha.
Yeah, originally I was quoting you :happysheep:

Thanks to everyone for the well-wishes and congratulations! I love my new job. The people there being so nice is really what makes it such a good place to work.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
I just found out that Blue is competing at GOML. He's made it out of pools in winners, beating Iceninja's Palutena. I will link the archive in the video thread.

Sonicninja115

Last edited:
ZeRo is in 1st Bracket already? I thought he was injured...
It's good that Blue took a game. This tournament looks like either Nairo or Ally is going to take it, but it appears Leo hasn't dropped a game yet.

Last edited:

Sonicninja115

Have you guys seen Leo's PP game? He totally earned my respect there. He uses them in the same way I believe Mewtwo should, just without the Usmashes. Plus, Mewtwo has a few more uses for PP then Cloud. He basically has an optimized version of my PP style. So awesome to see it. Also, congrats to Blue for getting 33rd!

Oh, well would you look at that? The first major of this patch, won by a :4mario:. Done called it.
Also, pretty strange that Mew2King 3-0'd ZeRo, but then lost to Larry Lurr and Nairo, who both then lost to ZeRo.

Spirst

To be fair, M2K just came off an upset to N0ne in Melee and he's not known for having a particularly strong mental game after a loss. He did better than I thought he would game 1 but the rest of the set followed what I imagined it would be like.

Sonicninja115

To be fair, M2K just came off an upset to N0ne in Melee and he's not known for having a particularly strong mental game after a loss. He did better than I thought he would game 1 but the rest of the set followed what I imagined it would be like.
It was pretty sad for M2k. He fought and beat ZeRo, then lost to Leffen. After that he immediately had to fight Larry Lurr, and lost again. He then had to fight None with those losses, and lost. Then, he had to fight Nairo. It couldn't have been fun. The main thing is, HE SWITCHED GAMES EVERY TIME. can you imagine how difficult it must be with different techs, timings, characters, moves, movement. Even a small thing could cost you a game at that level. I am just happy he did as well as he did.

upload_2016-5-23_11-29-36.png

I can make trees now! Now, to make them look good.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Well, this is depressing. I disappear for a few days because of my High School graduation, and I come back to find out literally nothing has happened in this thread since I last checked.

I finally got my hands on Pokken. I played through the main campaign with Suicune, until I unlocked Shadow Mewtwo and changed him to my partner for the iron league. I goofed around on the online for a little bit, and uh, I kind of suck. I want to play this game at least semi-competitively though, so I guess I'll be studying up on the metagame soon.

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Well, this is depressing. I disappear for a few days because of my High School graduation, and I come back to find out literally nothing has happened in this thread since I last checked.

I finally got my hands on Pokken. I played through the main campaign with Suicune, until I unlocked Shadow Mewtwo and changed him to my partner for the iron league. I goofed around on the online for a little bit, and uh, I kind of suck. I want to play this game at least semi-competitively though, so I guess I'll be studying up on the metagame soon.
Here's the metagame: either play insane keepaway (better with lag), or abuse constant 3-way guesses of the weapon triangle on opponent's wakeup (particularly since teching is basically nonexistent. Really a textbook example of why fighting games need it.).
Or if you're Braixen, do both.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
Let's talk about freeform combos.

One thing I love about mewtwo is how you can make things work with movement and/or reads. Last night I got a combo extension with sb on an airdodge read to a dair.

Dtilt > Fair > shadow ball > dtilt > dair on the second read.

I've also done things like falling on them with Nair after a combo which can lead to grab, dtilt, jab 1 ect. It's pretty unsafe though.

Mixing up double jump heights with sb and confusion can net you some stuff like ff upair which is a great combo starter you don't get to use often.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
When people ask for Mewtwo Nerfs

image.jpg

I JUST WANT A TOP TIER MEWTWO OKAY?

WHY CAN'T MEWTWO HAVE NICE THINGS?

:150:

Sonicninja115

Mewtwo is definitely top tier now. At the very least a solid high tier. His mix up game, recovery, kill set-ups, confirms and combos as well as range, combo potential, stunned, reflector, projectile, AT's, air dodge and aerials all make for a solid character with three main downsides, light, slow startup but only as compensation and ledge options. The final can be worked around somewhat with LLG, but the meta isn't there yet.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser
That last stock tho!

That was a cool fight! There were many instances where Disable would have worked, as would have Neutral Air, but anyway. You played well :)
I don't think of stuff like that which is something I'm trying to implement at the moment.

Sonicninja115

FYI, if you aren't learning Perfect Pivots, then you should seriously get started. Mewtwo's PP game is insane. Extremely practical and super helpful for a large variety of thins. (Platform Pressure, Spacing, zoning, movement.)

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I've been kind of out of it for the past few days. Given the current activity level on this board I guess I'm not alone. nosunmoontalkyouguysarenofun:3

Will start up another round of weekly match ups in a day or two.

Sonicninja115

We top tier? Makes sense with some of the dumb stuff I have been finding...

I've been kind of out of it for the past few days. Given the current activity level on this board I guess I'm not alone. nosunmoontalkyouguysarenofun:3

Will start up another round of weekly match ups in a day or two.
Fun Fact: I actually completely beat Pokemon Y. Never resetting that file. All possible legendaries without hacking, and a complete pokedex.

Sonicninja115

Sorry for the double post but.... I just found an easy, reliable way to set up the infinite. Requirements, basic knowledge of Mewtwo... Mewtwo definitely top tier...

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I've got plans to create regular content on Youtube, including Let's Plays but I'm waiting till I get my own place. As for the infinite, I hope that doesn't become the biggest feature of Mewtwo's meta in the future like MK's ladder combo was. Dropped the bat for that very reason. Picked him back up once it was patched out but he's behind the likes of M2, Robin, R.O.B., Ganon, Cloud and Mario for me.

Top Bottom