• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
It's funny, but for each patch that comes out I grow more and more optimistic we'll see continued support due to the rumored NX port, but more pessimistic due to what Sakurai said back in December.

Just leave Mewtwo alone and give me some non-Leaf Shield buffs for Mega Man and I'll be happy. LMAO Bayonetta

I can't tell if your being sarcastic or not lol I'm a scrub
Most are guessing it'll be small due to the file size. It's hard to tell given the sizes are radically different between versions.

It's time to make my prediction.
To be nerfed! :4bayonetta::4cloud::rosalina::4mario::4fox::4sonic: (as it goes down the list, the necessity to nerf is less)
To be buffed! :4jigglypuff::4palutena::4feroy::4bowserjr::4ganondorf::4link::4zelda::4shulk::4dedede::4drmario::4littlemac::4robinm:

And fix the few remaining infinites and glitches.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'd actually be pretty terrified to see a Little Mac buff.
Fighting a good Mac player is pretty scary as is. A mid or high tier Little Mac does not sound fun to fight at all.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
In regards to the whole :4mewtwo: infinite, I wouldn't keep your hopes up over a sensible means of getting rid of it. Pretty sure every true infinite (outside of custom :4pikachu:) in this game has had footstooling involved in some way and yet not a single patch has touched footstooling. I know :4zss: had one on :4robinm:, no idea how they fixed it. :4peach: had one and I believe still does partly, it just works on fewer characters or needs the other part of uair or something. :4fox: had one that could be as long as any platform, including walkoffs. :4link: supposedly had one but I believe it was able to be di'ed. :4dedede: was thought to have one at first but I don't recall his jab ever being touched. Custom :4pikachu: had one that was fixed and idk if custom :4falcon: got the same treatment, based on a recent replay hut video of Alpharad's I'm gonna guess it's still intact. I think :4lucas: had one too, pretty sure they messed with his dair to fix it. I can see :4mewtwo:'s nair getting nerfed even though they just buffed it.

As for general buff and nerf groups, my predictions/wants:
:4bayonetta::4cloud::4mewtwo::4peach::4sheik::4zss: for nerfs.
:4bowserjr::4charizard::4dedede::4drmario::4duckhunt::4falco::4ganondorf::4jigglypuff::4kirby::4link::4lucina::4mii::4palutena::4robinm::4feroy::4samus::4shulk::4zelda: for buffs.

Mind you, I don't expect all of those characters to get buffed or nerfed all in this patch, just some of them. As for specifics:
:4bayonetta: has received far too many outcries for her not to get nerfed. How, idk but she's getting nerfed again.
:4cloud: I can see getting a similar treatment although less likely.
:4mewtwo: and :4peach: are for their infinites
:4sheik: and :4zss: only because :4diddy: got hit with a second nerf after his first one that got rid of hoo-hah. Mind you, :4diddy: was nerfed twice after being perceived as the best so I can see the same happening to :4sheik: and :4zss: due to being perceived as the top two for the longest time.
:4dedede: and :4jigglypuff: I don't see getting buffs. Why the heck were the likes of :4greninja::4link::4samus::4robinm::4marth::4lucina: given buffs while the first two weren't when the buffed group was already considered clearly better? Heck, I may as well add :4myfriends: to the buffed group too.
I'd like to see :4lucina: get buffs specifically because she needs something to stand out more from :4marth:. It bothers me how :4drmario: has gotten buffs independent of :4mario: and :4darkpit: has gotten buffs independent of :4pit: and yet every buff and nerf :4marth: has gotten has been copy and pasted onto :4lucina:. She honestly feels like the third least cared about character in the entire game, only behind :4dedede::4jigglypuff:.
:4mii: and :4palutena: ironically enough are characters that would be most buffed by a ruleset change rather than anything a patch could give them, not saying they don't need help from patches but an allowance of their customs would go a long way further than any random lag decrease or power increase.
:4robinm: is just my selfish wants of a main getting buffed. I feel :4mewtwo: and :4rob: don't need buffs.
The rest are all just general thoughts due to previous patches or wants in general. No particular idea what kinda buffs or nerfs.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Man, all this talk about Mewtwo nerfs are starting to really get down to me... I mean, I was kind of paranoid before the announcement for 1.1.6, but...

Spooky stuff here guys. I've said it once before and I'll say it again-- I'll always play as Mewtwo, even if he gets nerfed, unless they bork him in some kind of way that just makes him unfun. Here's to hoping that won't happen...

Last edited:

PEACE7

Smash Champion
Going to be uploading cool clips and random stuff with Mewtwo on my twitter anyone interested check me out @xxxpeacexxx7

Sonicninja115

Experiment. Innovate. Improve.
I have been here since the beginning. Nothing can make him that tier again. Not leaving anytime soon.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I can see Mewtwo nerfed, but I can't see Mewtwo getting nerfed by a significant degree. It's not like he's been problematic at either competitive or causal play. I doubt he'll receive anything aside from small tweaks. Even if he gets nerfed, it probably won't make a big enough difference that we'll all have to re-adapt to him.

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'll still main Mewtwo no matter what. I mean, I've been maining him since back in Melee; it doesn't get any worse than that. People say he sucked when released in Smash 4, but I think he was awesome. I'd be sad to see today's Mewtwo go, though. His reign would be very short-lived. To be honest, I'm scared about his fate.

I fail to see why people complain so much about Rosalina, though. As I've said multiple times in the past, all she needs is a slight nerf in her Up Air so it doesn't kill so unfairly early. If anything, I think she needs to lose some ending lag in her Forward Air, thing takes FOREVER to finish. I'll laugh so much at everyone's faces when she goes untouched again.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
I suppose I could further clarify on some of my nerf beliefs. I don't believe M2 needs nerfs because he's some overpowered abomination that will kill the game and make us wish we had Brawl MK back. I believe M2 will get nerfed because he has an infinite or something close to one. Tier placement doesn't matter in that regard. Link and Peach aren't exactly stellar characters and they got nerfed for having infinites or whatever you wish to call them. And those nerfs did more than take infinites away. Link lost his jab 1 -> other moves and now has to rely on the less useful jab 2. Peach was able to combo out of uair with more than just footstools and now those are more limited.

M2 will likely receive a nair nerf or perhaps a movement nerf to prevent his infinite. Disable nerf is possible and honestly, a universal footstool change would be golden. It's so dumb how many infinites and combos rely on something that's meant to be just a funny addition.

As for Sheik and ZSS, I don't even believe they need anymore nerfs. Sheik can't kill worth a damn and ZSS gets less reward off an even worse grab. I think they could receive nerfs purely from seeing Diddy receive two sets of nerfs in a row.

I didn't add Fox, Mario or Rosa to the nerf list because generally they get like 1 tiny thing complained about them. Fox is fast and powerful? So is M2 and they're both light and combo food and Fox is easier to intercept off stage. Mario gets utilt complaints, di it. Some get screwed more than others but then that's intentional. Rosa was made to be a bad mu for Ness. Mario also gets usmash complaints and Rosa mostly gets uair complaints. It's fine for them to have 1 crazy move. You wanna see complaints about 1 move needing nerfs oh so badly? Go check out the past few pages of the 4BR tier list thread where M2 was getting more complaints than Bayo, Cloud or anyone else because fair = op.

I also believe I failed to add G&W to the buff list, don't recall and it's on the other page and I'm on phone and lazy but he and possibly some others could receive buffs but then, so could like half the cast.

Sonicninja115

I suppose I could further clarify on some of my nerf beliefs. I don't believe M2 needs nerfs because he's some overpowered abomination that will kill the game and make us wish we had Brawl MK back. I believe M2 will get nerfed because he has an infinite or something close to one. Tier placement doesn't matter in that regard. Link and Peach aren't exactly stellar characters and they got nerfed for having infinites or whatever you wish to call them. And those nerfs did more than take infinites away. Link lost his jab 1 -> other moves and now has to rely on the less useful jab 2. Peach was able to combo out of uair with more than just footstools and now those are more limited.

M2 will likely receive a nair nerf or perhaps a movement nerf to prevent his infinite. Disable nerf is possible and honestly, a universal footstool change would be golden. It's so dumb how many infinites and combos rely on something that's meant to be just a funny addition.

As for Sheik and ZSS, I don't even believe they need anymore nerfs. Sheik can't kill worth a damn and ZSS gets less reward off an even worse grab. I think they could receive nerfs purely from seeing Diddy receive two sets of nerfs in a row.

I didn't add Fox, Mario or Rosa to the nerf list because generally they get like 1 tiny thing complained about them. Fox is fast and powerful? So is M2 and they're both light and combo food and Fox is easier to intercept off stage. Mario gets utilt complaints, di it. Some get screwed more than others but then that's intentional. Rosa was made to be a bad mu for Ness. Mario also gets usmash complaints and Rosa mostly gets uair complaints. It's fine for them to have 1 crazy move. You wanna see complaints about 1 move needing nerfs oh so badly? Go check out the past few pages of the 4BR tier list thread where M2 was getting more complaints than Bayo, Cloud or anyone else because fair = op.

I also believe I failed to add G&W to the buff list, don't recall and it's on the other page and I'm on phone and lazy but he and possibly some others could receive buffs but then, so could like half the cast.
Anyone want to help me develop counterplay? It is the easiest way to avoid nerfs.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
Anyone want to help me develop counterplay? It is the easiest way to avoid nerfs.
I feel like it's their duty as the opponent to develop Mewtwo counter play. Baby feeding them tips on how to beat us kind of sounds counter productive.

I feel like whether or not we deserve nerfs, we will get them regardless. It's too late. All we can do is pray.

:150:

Sonicninja115

I feel like it's their duty as the opponent to develop Mewtwo counter play. Baby feeding them tips on how to beat us kind of sounds counter productive.

I feel like whether or not we deserve nerfs, we will get them regardless. It's too late. All we can do is pray.

It is all part of a master plan. Not only does me developing counterplay help me grow as a player, it indirectly helps Mewtwo's as well. The opponent sees the tips and has two options, learn it and counter it, or ignore it. Ignoring helps us the most as they don't learn how to counter it and we tried all we could, learning it helps us a ton as well. When they start countering us, we have to adapt and lab more. We have to make new options as well as find counters for their counter play. Look at monopoly's and such. Their competitors force everyone to continuously strive to get better. Plus, I am developing counters to the counterplay I am developing.

Y2Kay

BLACK MAMBA FOREVER
NNID
Why2Kay
It is all part of a master plan. Not only does me developing counterplay help me grow as a player, it indirectly helps Mewtwo's as well. The opponent sees the tips and has two options, learn it and counter it, or ignore it. Ignoring helps us the most as they don't learn how to counter it and we tried all we could, learning it helps us a ton as well. When they start countering us, we have to adapt and lab more. We have to make new options as well as find counters for their counter play. Look at monopoly's and such. Their competitors force everyone to continuously strive to get better. Plus, I am developing counters to the counterplay I am developing.
Ray Noire's salty behind already gave out counter play, but . . . . . I'll have faith in your master plan. I can't play right now, but I can brainstorm some stuuf if oyu wanted.

"What's the problem with :4fox:?" Honestly, they just need to make his jab work like Diddy's, where you can't cancel it into anything. Jab is the only thing troubling about Fox, and has been the only thing even since the game came out. (even though back then, it was an infinite)

"What's the problem with :4mario:?" A couple of things. First is the cape, which I do overestimate as a "matchup defier", but it does need some sort of punishability. The move is ridiculously safe on every attack that's not a long sword. Then the super long and potentially 0-death combos out of down throw. It's almost as bad as Bayonetta on certain stages. Something has to be done.

"What's the problem with :rosalina:?" Just up air and jab. Those get fixed, she's balanced. Nothing else really gives her a definitive edge on her opponents, primarily since Luma can't block and Rosa is the 4th lightest in the game.

"What's the problem with :4cloud:?" Several things. The nerfs in the last patch got close, but there are still a few things to be altered, like how fast and safe Neutral Air is, how strong LBCS is, or (yes I still think this) how early Forward Smash can land a KO.

"What's the problem with :4sonic:?" Spin dash's limited super armor. That's it. The only thing that makes him an imbalance.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
"What's the problem with :4mario:?" A couple of things. First is the cape, which I do overestimate as a "matchup defier", but it does need some sort of punishability. The move is ridiculously safe on every attack that's not a long sword. Then the super long and potentially 0-death combos out of down throw. It's almost as bad as Bayonetta on certain stages. Something has to be done.
-_- You can't be serious. It's not particularly safe even against characters like the Mario Bros or Wario and it stops all momentum in the air, meaning that Mario is a sitting duck.

Mario staircase stuff is stage specific and percent specific and gets screwed up easily by rage. Not even close to Bayonetta's stuff. And even if Bayonetta screws up, she has other ways to kill and punish her opponents. Mario has...?

It's funny how you think Mario needs some major adjustments over Fox and Sonic.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Practicing counterplay online would be...less useful than practicing offline plus I lack the skill to perform the infinite and I doubt I have the skill to get out of it if such a thing is possible. There's potential counterplay to prevent it happening in the first place. It consist of what? Nair, footstools and Disable with any of them able to start it? Footstools tend to be easy to avoid unless Mewtwo has a move that guarantees into them, Disable is the high risk move that it is and nair is the most tricky to avoid. Easy to trade with it but that requires predicting a nair over say a shad, tomahawk, fair or Shadow Ball.

As for DJXYZ's list, I feel the Fox thing is intentional since high level cpu Foxes use jab -> jab -> follow up all the time.

With Mario, I'm surprised cape is even an issue. Like, if we were talking shocking cape then maybe but just the regular, reflecting, reversing cape? Doc's is generally considered more useful and it's been a move he's had since Melee. I don't recall it being changed drastically at all between games @.@ as for the ladder stuff, the worst I've seen is rage SJP ko super early but then Aether does the same thing and one of Mii Brawler's custom up specials did and possibly still does a similar thing. It's silly but I'd hardly say it warrants a nerf unless there becomes a guaranteed set up for it and we end up with prepatch Luigi 2.0.

Rosa uair and jab are good but eh, I don't see them as so problematic that they absolutely need a nerf. They're good moves on a good character, nothing more, nothing less.

Cloud I can at least agree with nair and LCS. I'd personally add dair and uair to that list too but I don't see the issue with fsmash since the first two hits can easily be traded with to prevent the powerful hit and the powerful hit doesn't come out till frame 28. Plus, smash attacks are meant to be powerful and it's not like he's the only swordsman packing a powerful fsmash :4corrinf::4myfriends::4link::4marth::4metaknight::4feroy::4shulk:

Sonic, I was completely unaware he had super armor on anything. Is it super armor or invincibility/intangibility? Then again, I don't pay attention to Sonic at all so it makes sense I'd be ignorant.

Back on topic with Mewtwo, people are fearing a nerf, namely for the infinite but there's a number of routes they could take to fix it. Footstool would be ideal and universal at that. Disable is the one most people want. Mewtwo could be made slow enough either through jumpsquat or air speed or something to prevent the footstool. Nair could get increased endlag, decreased hitbox sizes, decreased damage though I doubt that would do much given its already pitiful damage or it could be made like MK's uair and get an SDI multiplier. Lucas' nair is like that.

Last edited:

Spirst

Mewtwo getting his jumpsquat or airspeed modified just to fix the infinite would be pretty ridiculous. I've heard SDI multiplier being a popular fix but Lucas nair sucks in comparison for a reason. It would be annoying since Mewtwo nair does a lot more than just the footstool so that would mess with a number of other setups. I kinda doubt they'd implement any universal change regarding footstools. A rather straightforward fix seems to just be to add some kind of timer for Disable so that it can't be used successively.

I'm not really expecting a nerf for Mewtwo other than an infinite change. It would be hilarious if he got yet another speed buff.

Krysco

Aeon Hero
NNID
Krysco
3DS FC
2122-7731-1180
Jumpsquats haven't been touched in a patch so I find it unlikely. However, D3 has received an air speed nerf before so those aren't out of the question. Losing more than just the infinite doesn't mean jack to Nintendo. As I said before, Link and Peach lost more than their infinites too. The footstool idea is unlikely given that they haven't been touched but I feel it would solve a lot of things since they've been involved in so many of the infinites. The disable nerf is the most harmless one possible but then so would an angle change on Link's jab 1 and Peach's uair but they didn't get those.

We can ponder and guess and give reason for what could and should be done to most benefit the character without ruining other aspects and then there's what Nintendo may or may not do. I'm assuming they know about it since I'm pretty sure it was used by Abadango during Pound more than once (I never watched it). They could nerf Disable, they could do something largely harmless (the Peach nerf didn't completely take away her infinite to my understanding) or they could target any of the other things I mentioned, most likely nair. We're powerless in regards to the change and can only guess and adjust to whatever it may be.

"prepatch Luigi 2.0." Only on certain stages, but it's close...
And I do agree that cape in air is really bad. That's what I want in a cape nerf- give ground cape the same amount of risk as air cape, to make it bait-and-punishable.

Eight_SixtyFour

Smash Ace
"prepatch Luigi 2.0." Only on certain stages, but it's close...
And I do agree that cape in air is really bad. That's what I want in a cape nerf- give ground cape the same amount of risk as air cape, to make it bait-and-punishable.
Again, rage and specific percent windows stop staircase combos from becoming really silly.

Cape has the same faf on the ground and in the air. It's not less laggy on the ground. Furthermore, you do NOT move on the ground with Cape so play your bait and punish game.

Well boys and girls, we seemingly survived.
A patch just for Bayonetta. Wow.... -_-

C3CC

Smash Lord
I'll laugh so much at everyone's faces when Rosalina goes untouched again.

... But seriously, I'm honestly SUPER happy about the Bayonetta nerfs. She really deserved them for being so broken. I read the patch notes and I'm disappointed to find out that her jab wasn't nerfed as well, it REALLY needs a damage nerf. It can deal 20%, for God's sake!!

What makes me happier, though, is that both Mewtwo and Yoshi also went untouched! I was scared, honestly.

iVoltage

$5.99 Abuser

... But seriously, I'm honestly SUPER happy about the Bayonetta nerfs. She really deserved them for being so broken. I read the patch notes and I'm disappointed to find out that her jab wasn't nerfed as well, it REALLY needs a damage nerf. It can deal 20%, for God's sake!!

What makes me happier, though, is that both Mewtwo and Yoshi also went untouched! I was scared, honestly.
Bayo needs all she can get to not fall TOO hard into obscurity

Sonicninja115

For the record, Cloud isn't THAT good, especially against Mewtwo.

He is very good, I would say 50/50 on the stage for reasons I will go into later. The thing is though, Mewtwo destroy's him off stage. Even with LB recovery.

Notes:
LB Climhazzard losses a hitbox on the latter half. As long as you can get the timing down, it is incredibly easy to beat it with a drop down Nair.

A good option is to force him to airdodge. Jump out at him and threaten him with a Fair when he is at about PF height on BF. In order to recover, he has to airdodge the fair. This forces him to recover low and gives Mewtwo more opportunities and options to beat his recovery.

Other things but I need to lab more and I am lazy.

The above is true, Cloud isn't the beast that many people think. But he's clearly the easiest character to use by a longshot, and the fact that he's competitively advantaged allows people to exaggerate.

(inb4 my neverending salt about :4mario:.)

So since Farore's Wind will probably never be fixed, it looks like I'm going to be maining :4lucas:. I gave up on being good at this game a long time ago, choosing to become exclusively a TO and metagame enthusiast... so I'm off to put that to work on another underappreciated character. :4mewtwo: already got the respect he deserves.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yeah, I would of liked to see a Cloud nerf, but I'm not heatbroken or anything. It's not like he's pre-patch Diddy.

I can still hold my ground against him with either of my two mains, it's just a bit difficult.

Last edited:
Well you know he doesn't care about "the streak" anymore... the real question is, who is he playing post-patch? Still Diddy?
In addition, how do I get the patch? I know people have found out that only Bayo is changed, yet I still can't download.

Smashifer

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CRYN1ME
3DS FC
5129-3686-1647
Well you know he doesn't care about "the streak" anymore... the real question is, who is he playing post-patch? Still Diddy?
In addition, how do I get the patch? I know people have found out that only Bayo is changed, yet I still can't download.
I hear he's running solo-Diddy now, with some Shulk thrown into the mix, but very rarely.

Also the patch hasn't been released yet, data miners nabbed it off the system.

Sonicninja115

I thought he couldn't make it though?

He was going there to train and commentate, because he verbally dropped out of bracket. However, zinoto dropped out of the tournament, so ZeRo is taking his place. Apparently they are reseeding top 8 so that ZeRo and Nairo don't face off in winners semis. Ally is annoyed, salty and pissed, but he got better. Basically, Ally won't fight Leo in quarters anymore, allowing another top player to possibly beat him first.

It is sorta top player privilege, but ZeRo did register a while ago, so it isn't adding a new player just because he is a top level player. Plus, GOML is going to rake in the viewers and cash with this last minute hype.

Aninymouse

3DS Surfer
3DS FC
3540-0120-0225
Edit: where did the quote go... dang it... Now my post looks weird...

You're a real friend, you know that? Thank you for wondering about me!

So much has happened...

I ran out of money, so I was running out of gasoline. Getting by on $6.50 of food a day. I was on Reddit one day, in the Sailormoon section of all places (that show is my childhood, go easy on me), and I told a stranger my situation. She said she had been homeless herself, and had since gotten married and moved into an apartment in Germany. She insisted on sending me a care package. I said I couldn't accept at first, but... I was so destitute... I told her to send whatever she felt like, except that I had enough clothes already.

Then one of my uncles died. I went to Ohio for the funeral, and I never came back to Virginia. I left my car and most of my belongings. I just took enough clothes to get by and as much food/games/medicine/razors etc. that I had.

At first I was gonna stay with my cousin and get a job at the auto auction he worked at... but I never learned how to drive a manual transmission, so it didn't work out.

Then I stayed with an aunt, in her nice basement. But she made it clear I couldn't stay, since they were on fixed income, etc.

Then I moved in with my childhood friend Jeremy. We've known each other since 4th grade! Past two years or so we barely talked, but we are still friends. I love his family to pieces... they're like my second family. He joined the Marines, fought in Iraq, and then became a nurse while I built sheds, painted, and watched my life come unraveled.

Then I started applying to jobs, and trying to stay here in Ohio. I got a couple interviews, but nothing panned out.

Then a package arrived from Germany! A box filled to the brim with: food (lots of food!), medicine, candy, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, Gold Bond, a nice simple "Germany" t-shirt, some cash money, and a heartfelt hand-written note with a drawing of Sailor Moon on it. I opened it and cried. I thanked her. I told her I wanted to pay her back some day, but she insisted I not.

Then my grandparents suggested I apply at a local discount grocery store near them, seemingly out of the blue. I did. They called me back, and two interviews later, I was hired! MY FIRST REAL JOB IN A YEAR!

I moved in with my grandparents for about a week before heading over to another aunt & uncle's place nearby. I live here still today, 5 days out of the week. I stay with my grandparents on Sat & Sun.

I still have no car, but I'm saving up money to fix that ASAP! I work in the produce department: fruits & vegetables. I move crates of produce, place orders, sort and check for spoiled stuff, stock shelves, and a host of other things involved in those processes. I work full-time!

I don't really play Smash right now. I still enjoy watching other people play Smash 4, though! Kinda glad they're gonna nerf Bayonetta soon... I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I don't care for her at all.

When I do play games, lately I play Pokemon Heart Gold or Omega Ruby.

I miss you guys.

I'll post more later!

P.S. Congrats on mod status Sonicninja, you deserved it!

Last edited:

C3CC

Smash Lord
Edit: where did the quote go... dang it... Now my post looks weird...

You're a real friend, you know that? Thank you for wondering about me!

So much has happened...

I ran out of money, so I was running out of gasoline. Getting by on $6.50 of food a day. I was on Reddit one day, in the Sailormoon section of all places (that show is my childhood, go easy on me), and I told a stranger my situation. She said she had been homeless herself, and had since gotten married and moved into an apartment in Germany. She insisted on sending me a care package. I said I couldn't accept at first, but... I was so destitute... I told her to send whatever she felt like, except that I had enough clothes already.

Then one of my uncles died. I went to Ohio for the funeral, and I never came back to Virginia. I left my car and most of my belongings. I just took enough clothes to get by and as much food/games/medicine/razors etc. that I had.

At first I was gonna stay with my cousin and get a job at the auto auction he worked at... but I never learned how to drive a manual transmission, so it didn't work out.

Then I stayed with an aunt, in her nice basement. But she made it clear I couldn't stay, since they were on fixed income, etc.

Then I moved in with my childhood friend Jeremy. We've known each other since 4th grade! Past two years or so we barely talked, but we are still friends. I love his family to pieces... they're like my second family. He joined the Marines, fought in Iraq, and then became a nurse while I built sheds, painted, and watched my life come unraveled.

Then I started applying to jobs, and trying to stay here in Ohio. I got a couple interviews, but nothing panned out.

Then a package arrived from Germany! A box filled to the brim with: food (lots of food!), medicine, candy, soap, toothpaste, deodorant, Gold Bond, a nice simple "Germany" t-shirt, some cash money, and a heartfelt hand-written note with a drawing of Sailor Moon on it. I opened it and cried. I thanked her. I told her I wanted to pay her back some day, but she insisted I not.

Then my grandparents suggested I apply at a local discount grocery store near them, seemingly out of the blue. I did. They called me back, and two interviews later, I was hired! MY FIRST REAL JOB IN A YEAR!

I moved in with my grandparents for about a week before heading over to another aunt & uncle's place nearby. I live here still today, 5 days out of the week. I stay with my grandparents on Sat & Sun.

I still have no car, but I'm saving up money to fix that ASAP! I work in the produce department: fruits & vegetables. I move crates of produce, place orders, sort and check for spoiled stuff, stock shelves, and a host of other things involved in those processes. I work full-time!

I don't really play Smash right now. I still enjoy watching other people play Smash 4, though! Kinda glad they're gonna nerf Bayonetta soon... I'm not gonna sugarcoat it, I don't care for her at all.

When I do play games, lately I play Pokemon Heart Gold or Omega Ruby.

I miss you guys.

I'll post more later!

P.S. Congrats on mod status Sonicninja, you deserved it!
So nice from the lady from Germany! What a nice gesture, my faith in humanity has been restored! Just out of curiosity, may I ask how old are you? And congratulations on landing a job, I hope things keep working out for you :)

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I'm really happy things are looking up for you. And that woman who sent you that package just warms my heart.

Really though, congratulations. Anyone who wants to work deserves to have it.

Top Bottom