• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
People need to stop being afraid of getting hit already. F*** what Isai said about not getting hit! You're going to get hit regardless! Your concern shouldn't be not getting launched across the stage. It should be destroying your enemy with your offensive-based moveset, before you get inevitably destroyed yourself.
Seeing as Mewtwo is already one of the lightest characters in the game you want to avoid taking unnecessary hits from your foes. Playing aggressively with Mewtwo tends to lead to taking more hits than playing a more defensive style.

And I saw your original comment.
It's no use calling people cowards for having a certain playstyle.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
People need to stop being afraid of getting hit already. F*** what Isai said about not getting hit! You're going to get hit regardless! Your concern shouldn't be not getting launched across the stage. It should be destroying your enemy with your offensive-based moveset, before you get inevitably destroyed yourself.
Wow...ok, I'm not afraid of getting hit, I just find playing defensively to be a good strategy for Mewtwo since he can get KO'ed easily. If you want to play an offensive Mewtwo then go right ahead but everyone has their own strategy that works for them and their character.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Have you ever even fought me to see how quickly you'd get beat?
You were the one whining "METWO SUX HE GOT NERFED THESE BUFFS ARE NON EXISTANT HE SHOULD BE CUT **** YOU ALL FOR WANTING HIM BACK!!!!!111!!!"
THEN you went "I'M NOT A CASUAL STOP THINKING I'M ONE!!!!1111!!!" I fully admit I'm a casual yet I've won all but about 5 Mewtwo matches in total, including with friends in a 7 player free for all, something Mewtwo isn't good at

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
So yesterday I spent a lot of time practicing exclusively with Mewtwo and I have to say that he's better as a defensive fighter than offensive and aggressive. Every time I try to take an aggressive approach, I tend to get wrecked more easily than being defensive. Also, fighting Robin as Mewtwo is super hard until I get him/her into the air because Robin seems to be a monster on the ground and kinda weak when it comes to aerial attacks.
Robin's air game is dependant on the Levin Sword.
If he has it then Mewtwo in particular can expect to get rekt with the increased damage and knockback. Otherwise it's little concern.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
The lag on Arcfire makes it more suitable for a spacing tool before running into a Levin Sword air attack.
Very nasty at KO percentages.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Whenever I see a Robin charge Thoron, I wait for the start up and use Confusion. Fun times :3
Whenever I see a Robin losing the Levin Sword, my mind goes from being cautious to BUMRUSH mode
I'd still watch out for the neutral A combo.
That's something I love using but it's annoying whenever it goes to Arcfire instead of Elwind because I want to rack the damage up before setting up for the air.

Yoshisaurus Rex

Smash Champion
Switch FC
SW-1023-7514-9432
Yes, the Levin Sword is nasty when it comes to damage. I just have to get better at reflecting Robin's projectiles with Confusion then I maybe able to handle him/her better. Thanks for the advice!

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
Funny Mewtwo comments: doesn't he sound like a robot when he's stunned? And why does his held
items spin like they do when air dodging? :laugh:

Regarding the offensive vs. defensive Mewtwo debate... he's actually kind of an interesting mix of both.
In neutral he's defensive, but he defends himself primarily by preempting attacks with his own, rather than his shield.
Once he gets a solid hit he can press the advantage pretty hard if he plays his cards right.

You can't be 100% offensive with a guy that has a rather punishable-on-shield dash attack, relatively short grab, average
speed, is floaty and whose aerials are generally unsuited towards air-to-ground combat. But at the same time, if you play
too cautiously the opposition can outpace you relatively easily if you slip up. Mewtwo has to avoid taking unnecessary risks,
but also be swift to strike any openings he sees. Shadow Claw is amazing for this in the air.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Yes. Let Charizard sit at the bottom of the fan-made tiers.
Let them underestimate my power.

Oh, wait, this is the Mewtwo thread. Yeah, I guess B tiers shows that the general opinions on Mewtwo are mixed, but I'm still not going to take this tier list seriously. I feel like they're getting better, though.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yes. Let Charizard sit at the bottom of the fan-made tiers.
Let them underestimate my power.

Oh, wait, this is the Mewtwo thread. Yeah, I guess B tiers shows that the general opinions on Mewtwo are mixed, but I'm still not going to take this tier list seriously. I feel like they're getting better, though.
Remember, Tiers r 4 Queers! Not to mention everyone underestimates Zard regardless

I feel like Mewtwo being B tier isn't all too bad, he's pretty much 50/50

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910

B Tier so far, not too shabby
I honestly think this list is pretty accurate. I... somewhat agree on Mewtwo's place? B is a bit too high I feel. B- or C+ seems a bit more accurate (imo). Dunno about Sheik having her own tier. Mii Gunner is underrated.

I agree with @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ on Charizard. Charizard being the worst?!?! Blasphemyyyyyyyyyy @_______@

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
I honestly think this list is pretty accurate. I... somewhat agree on Mewtwo's place? B is a bit too high I feel. B- or C+ seems a bit more accurate (imo). Dunno about Sheik having her own tier. Mii Gunner is underrated.

I agree with @ ZephyrZ ZephyrZ on Charizard. Charizard being the worst?!?! Blasphemyyyyyyyyyy @_______@
Yeah, really. Charizard is seriously strong in the right hands.
I remember planning on making Charizard my sub before I found out about the other characters. I'm still pretty good with him to this day. He's nowhere near deserving to be at the bottom -.-

meleebrawler

Smash Hero
NNID
meleebrawler
3DS FC
2535-3888-1548
I feel like Mewtwo has a bit of that "Ganon Syndrome" where sloppy or predictable play against him can
make Mewtwo seem more devastating than he really is, but in exchange for weight and Ganon's "kill with everything"
attitude he gets a more solid neutral with a projectile and reflector preventing him from being totally walled out
along with faster, safer options in jab and dtilt, and better recovery which in turn, leads to more successful edgeguards.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Yeah, really. Charizard is seriously strong in the right hands.
I remember planning on making Charizard my sub before I found out about the other characters. I'm still pretty good with him to this day. He's nowhere near deserving to be at the bottom -.-
In Ohio, we have this really good player who mainly plays Mario and C. Falcon, but his favorite character is Charizard. Man, he can do things with Zard that I never even though possible. The movement he achieved with that character felt like he was playing Captain Falcon in a Charizard costume...

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
In Ohio, we have this really good player who mainly plays Mario and C. Falcon, but his favorite character is Charizard. Man, he can do things with Zard that I never even though possible. The movement he achieved with that character felt like he was playing Captain Falcon in a Charizard costume...
>Says the Bug Trainer

xD hahaha I jest.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Captain Falcon confirmed furry

Charizard has what? about 3-4 moves with Super Armour? Flare Blitz is good in certain situations and as Charizrd is heavy, he can take the extra percentage, his recovery is pretty damn bad, but he's pretty fast for a heavyweight

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Captain Falcon confirmed furry

Charizard has what? about 3-4 moves with Super Armour? Flare Blitz is good in certain situations and as Charizrd is heavy, he can take the extra percentage, his recovery is pretty damn bad, but he's pretty fast for a heavyweight
He's the fastest heavyweight in the game. xD
Also, his recovery is pretty great. Flare Blitz for horizontal and Fly for vertical. :3

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I feel his recovery isn't that good, though his super armour on both recovery is good, no more meteor smashes!
Flare Blitz covers an insane amount of horizontal distance, is armored, and is a kill move. I almost never find myself getting gimped when using it; it's only really at the start up of the attack.

Of course, we can't forget customs. Dragon Rush is generally favored over Blitz because it's far less laggy in both start up and in end lag.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Part of what makes fighting Charizard so funny is the people who use Flare Blitz to try and reach the ledge.
Then they plummet to their deaths.

Nice to know my Main 3 range from B+ to C+ in terms of tiers. Not that I care.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
Speaking of which, it's already been a year since I joined Smashboards! Yayyyy

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Part of what makes fighting Charizard so funny is the people who use Flare Blitz to try and reach the ledge.
Then they plummet to their deaths.
Even if I hit just barely below the ledgesnap zone with Flare Blitz, I find that I'm usually able to mash Up+B and still survive anyway.

...Unless you're talking about SDs, in which case, it's the player's fault, not 'Zard's.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Speaking of which, it's already been a year since I joined Smashboards! Yayyyy
I have to wait until the 21st of Nolan North for that.
:happysheep:

Even if I hit just barely below the ledgesnap zone with Flare Blitz, I find that I'm usually able to mash Up+B and still survive anyway.

...Unless you're talking about SDs, in which case, it's the player's fault, not 'Zard's.
As in they use it right in line and the lag makes them go far below the ledge so they don't have enough height by the time they recover.
So yes their fault.
Then if I'm feeling like an asshole I go and meteor Smash them.:awesome:

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Damn. Looks like I'm way too late to the party for the tournament. Oh well, couldn't really do much about it I suppose.

Top Bottom