• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Your main is a Psychic-type. How hard could that be?
Future Sight works after two turns. The input lag is supposedly guesstimated to be around two seconds off.

Mind = Blown

This clearly confirms the
Illuminati, Half Life 3, and Sinnoh remakes all simultaneously.

...Wait a minute, it's supposed to be Psystrike that blows minds, not Future Sight....

Last edited:

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
mewtwono1.jpg

Mewtwo has claimed his throne. He surpassed a character I've been using for 6 months in just 1 week. All hail Mewtwo!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
So just putting it out there, i'm usually available for matches in the afternoons(1-4 pm CST on thursdays, 1-6 on tuesday, 2-6 monday, wednesday, and friday. pretty much whenever untill 7 on the weekends.) don't pay attention to smashboards consistently enough to keep track of things so it's best to catch me on skype if you want to fight a lackluster mewtwo, a meh MK, or an okish Toon link/Ganondorf.(Tomorrow however will probably be mostly mk as i recently bought the DLC bundle and the second pack+crazy f-zero GX mode is coming tomorrow)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Hey speed, if you're still online do you wanna have some matches?

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
GGs Speed. Guess I need to work on my Mewtwo dittos a bit more hahaha. That and to stop SD'ing >_>

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
The RoB vs Mewtwo match up is so hard. Half my game with him is my projectiles controlling the neutral game, and confusion disrespects every projectile in the game. Meta Knight is definitely my go to for Mewtwos I can't handle with others.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The RoB vs Mewtwo match up is so hard. Half my game with him is my projectiles controlling the neutral game, and confusion disrespects every projectile in the game. Meta Knight is definitely my go to for Mewtwo's I can't handle with others.
I was chivalrous with your SD. :3 I felt it was necessary in a MK match.
Seriously though, your MK is godly. o.o F-throw to Up B...golly...

Last edited:

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Yeah I saw that. Thanks for that hahaha. I guess I just need to get some practice in when I get home from work next time. Jumping in fresh to a match with a good player isn't easy, especially when all your specials put you into free fall :p

Edit: Yeah Meta knight isn't really bad in this game, just completely different from his old self. You have to read the f-throw and DI away from me if you want to get away from a death at 90%. And if I get that old 35% setup everyone rages XD. Shame I couldn't get it to work on you.

Last edited:

Superior Spider-Mew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MiniRagnarok
We all get that moment where we're just not having a good smash bros run online, happens to me all the time. Remember though, true skill shows best locally since theres no input delay or framerate drop. Most of the time when I have a bad day I just play a different game for the day. So don't feel bad if you lose a lot online, you know your true potential.

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
I am having one of those bad for glory days where I get spiked and all the Samus never use their charge shot.

And then I die. I am getting yolo fair kills so that is something I guess.

DrRiceBoy

Smash Lord
NNID
ricesenpai
3DS FC
4699-6411-5910
I am having one of those bad for glory days where I get spiked and all the Samus never use their charge shot.

And then I die. I am getting yolo fair kills so that is something I guess.
Bad days for me is when Samus only uses charge shot and maybe missiles too lol... Roll roll charge shot roll roll missile roll roll charge shot roll charge shot roll roll missile... Rinse and repeat. It's not hard to beat but it's really annoying.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
I met a Sheik that did nothing except for needles on my Mewtwo, he was literally spamming them. that gave me hard time to charge my shadow ball, but it also worked to throw a smaller one at him.
as soon as I was close to him he spammed FTilt and SHFairs when I was close however. sheik is no punishable frames at all, but I did kill him once with a punishable UpAir, but I lost when he had 130% last stock and 5 seconds left, the ledge on the new fox stage ****ed me over D:

(I did switch to my main Jr and when it was a completely diffirent story there the sheik went all aggresive but I won 2 stocks~ :3)

D

Deleted member

I still wish Mewtwo was better. The thing about me is that I hate fast and strong characters. They automatically break the game, and there are no weaknesses that can make them "bad" characters. For me, I usually like for there to be structure in the balancing, like, for example "fast but weak", or "slow but strong". Anyways, the point is that Mewtwo might actually be an exception for me. I think that if this character's moveset is kept as-is, then he needs to be a fast/strong character, because if he doesn't become one, then he'll be doomed to be a terrible character.

Also, I personally think that the 50-Fact Extravaganza Mewtwo looks better than the one we have here (and yes, there's a difference)

Demon-oni

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Thanatos-Demon
3DS FC
0147-1152-7184
Honestly I think Mewtwo is fine as is. Has great neutral game, kill potential, and damage racking abilities. He has an absurd recovery, and even decent shield pressure. His only real gripes are his weight, easy kill setups at kill percents, and some of his moves having a bit of end lag, though not many. I'd say he's at bottom of high tier as he is right now, and I don't really mind of he stays there.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That seems pretty likely; it may be that Nintendo is using the CN promotion as a sort of public beta, and that the "full" Mewtwo will come out on the 28th, custom moves and all.
I dunno, isn't it kind of short lived for a "beta"? There's only 13 days in total to gather results, recode, debug, add custom moves, and all the other stuff that might go behind the scenes. That's not a whole lot of time.

Top Bottom