• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Altair357

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Altair357
3DS FC
5284-1411-2846
Maybe it's for the best that Mewtwo is so light. If he could live to rage easily, he would be pretty busted. I was at 120% and I just killed a Toon Link with an up throw at 101% on an omega stage.

Not that I would mind if he were busted.

Last edited:

cstonic

NNID
spindashupair
3DS FC
3711-8023-0131
Switch FC
SW-5972-4790-7111
Is it weird that Im not sure if its brown or monochrome? I still use it as my go to color because it still looks like it xD

ALSO I LOVE MEWTWO SO MUCH HNNNGGG
I got a lot to learn tho. Like practifing his techs and combos.

And good games from earlier @ミスティック Speed !
Definitely learned a bunch from playing you!

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
another thing i found out is due to Mewtwo's disable still being a projectile, villager can pocket it, which looks really weird.
That.. is terrifying. O.O" I also seriously think confusion and bair are being underrated. Bair is probably one of my favorite moves due to it being both a good spacing tool and a surprisingly powerful ko move. Confusion sems to act like a reflecting flamechoke with better mixup options.

Phoenix_Dark

Smash Lord
NNID
Phoenix2337
3DS FC
1289-8343-1385
I'm not 100 percent if it's guaranteed, but i feel pretty confident that it is. Uair to fair is one of the sexiest things i've ever seen. Kills so early in the air. His uair seems a lot like his utilt where it has different hitboxes though.

MewtwoMaster2002

ミュウツーマスター2002
3DS FC
2922-0496-2962
It's very dark brown. And what I thought was lime green was more yellow than I originally thought.

Browny

Smash Hater
Remember guys/girls, treat Mewtwo like a keepaway character.

A characters low weight isnt a bad flaw when they are hard to approach or land a KO on. Rosalina is a nightmare to approach and hitting an evasive Jigglypuff with a KO move is easier said than done. Their weight is less important when you just cant do damage or KO them. Dont treat Mewtwo as a character like 'we are both going to get to 100% and then I'm going to die first because I'm so light'. Instead treat Mewtwo like 'Im going to get them to 150% before I get to 50% because I used my projectiles and range to keep them the hell away from me at all times'.

Anthinus

Smash Journeyman
I've been playing Mewtwo all day. I want to share with you guys some good things I saw playing as him.

1) Dtilt: Dtilt is an amazing zoning move and combo initiator.
-Dtilt sourspot can be followed by Fair or Utilt (low %s) and Uair (mid %s). This works pretty well against fast falling characters like Fox, Falco, Captain Falcon, Sheik, ZSS, etc.
-Dtilt can stop Sonic's full charged Spin Dash and poke Luma away (if Luma is like over 10%).
-Dtilt's sweetspot sends the opponent away (helps to get some room to charge Shadow Ball).

2) Utilt:
-The sourspot sets the opponent above you (nice for followups).
-The sweetspot (if the enemy is grounded) sends the opponent infront of you downwards. At low %s, if you fire a fully charged shadowball you can hit their tech.
-Sometimes Utilt's sourspot put the enemies over your head, if you buffer an USmash you'll get a true combo of 20%. This works over 100% so it probably will kill the opponent.

3) Confusion:
-Interrupts momentum. That's incredible usefull. Sometimes after your second jump you find yourself trying to land but your opponent is guarding your landing spot... Side B away safely.
-Helps Mewtwo's recovery stopping momentum while moving forward and screws the enemy's edgeguard timing.
-If the enemy don't respond quickly, you can hit him/her with Utilt or Uair after Confusion.

4) Disable:
-I find it A LOT easier to land than melee.
-You can catch your opponent off guard doing stuff like SH+Fair without hitting, then DownB.
-Jab to DownB works very consistently.

5) NAir: Amazing.
-Virtually no landing lag. You can chase your opponent and grab him/her after you land with them during NAir. You can do cool stuff like NAir > Jab > Disable if your opponet lands infront of you or if you turnaround quickly and jab.
-Good to prevent punishes.
-Good for edgeguarding and stage spikes.

6) DAir:
-I tried to spike my opponent off stage. Killed him off the top lol. Its a kill move at high %s.

7) BAir:
-Your main tool for edguarding. Keeps the enemy at bay and is a kill move at high %s.

It's an excellent character. Hits like a truck. Lots of killing moves. Nice combo and string options. A lot of movility and recovery. I wouldn't be surprised if someone becomes a monster playing as Mewtwo.

Last edited:

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
YOU SPEND 20 HOURS IN FRONT OF THE PC??!!! DUDE GO OUTSIDE!!! btw I like mewtwo but his voice needs more volume
I wasn't at the computer for 20 hours. I was just waiting for that long. I couldn't spend 20 hours in front of the PC even if I wanted to. I have school and other things to keep me busy but the whole time I was just waiting for my phone to go off letting me know I got an email. It was kind of upsetting that I didn't get him but I'll just call nintendo in the morning and have it settled. :)

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
Are they still sending out the codes?

Because I'm starting to think they flat-out forgot about me.

pikazz

Smash Lord
NNID
pikamaxi
there is 3 stuff I want mewtwo to get buff in

1. his Weight should be just a tad heavier, I am annoyed that he is the second lightest. he is even lighter than a Flat figure stick! I think he should be 4th lightest (after kirby) and not Second. that way he is still a "floaty glass cannon" except he can take little more punches
  2. I love all his attack in terms of strenght, power and angles, but some of the moves have some unnecessary long end lags. the moves I want to have a earlier end lag would be: UAir, FTilt, UTilt, DTilt and DThrow, especially UAir, DThrow and UTilt
  3. SideB should have that you can act earlier than the opponent! it doesnt have to be much but that a quick mewtwo can do a move before the opponent can do a quick Fair and kill mewtwo or jump away!
thats all I want him to be buffed in, otherwise he is perfect <3

Saikyoshi

Smash Master
NNID
KarmaPilcrow
3DS FC
0344-9771-0514
I just called Nintendo Customer Support, aaaaand they're closed right now.

I'll try again after class, I guess.

Falcon1991

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Falcon1991
When I finally got back from work yesterday I rushed to redeem my Mewtwo codes, and AAHHHH man, it is sweet.

I was watching the Replay Channel and chose just Mewtwo and we already have some good strategies going on.

This has cemented my decision to get the Mewtwo amiibo when it comes out, I'm glad I've got Mewtwo as one of my secondaries. :)

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I just called Nintendo Customer Support, aaaaand they're closed right now.

I'll try again after class, I guess.
If you're using AOL you won't get the email for some reason.

Last edited:

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
So some people are saying Rosalina is one of Mewtwo's worst MU's. I happen to think it's actually pretty neutral. I've played a few Rosaluma players, and it's extremely easy to kill Luma. You can literally hit Luma with fair twice and he falls off the stage. Also, like Mewtwo, Rosaluma is light, but doesn't have nearly as much kill power without Luma.

Mc Mew

Smash Cadet
NNID
Mc_Mew
if anyone wants to play some smash with me just send me a fr i am not a pro but i can handel lvl9 coms pretty well

Rysir

The shorts wearing blue anubis
NNID
Rhysir
3DS FC
3394-4486-9387
Hey! Party trick for you psychics if you did not know about it already.

You can cancel Mewtwo's second jump animation and attack as you move in the direction you choose and applies to all his air attacks.

This means you can launch yourself upward and forward while readying down air to spike someone in the upper areas off stage for an overly flashy spike.

Have fun!

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
I checked their help forums and it looks like they're saying to call them up because "certain email services, for some unknown reason, may be blocking the email containing the Mewtwo download codes from being sent through."

sauce: http://techforums.nintendo.com/message/163827#163827

I tried calling this morning too and couldn't get anyone either, so I'm hoping to call agan after my classes.

Last edited:

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
Spoons up, folks! I called in to Nintendo Customer Support and finally got my codes! Time to sink some time into the 'two!

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend
Dang, didn't realize Mewtwo was the 2nd lightest character in the game. http://smashboards.com/threads/smash-4-weight-rankings.367479/

Would have at least hoped M2 would be Rosalina weight given the similarities between the two.
I knew mewtwo would still be light but not that light.

Well atleast he can take more damage before he can get knockedback sooner anyway. (40% or 50% from weak characters 20% between 25% for the big guys)

(this is a estimate from the hands can't knock me back far enough till i hit 115%)

Last edited:

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
Got my code after another call to Club Nintendo. Of course I'll have to wait until after classes to actually play him, but the stress of getting him is over.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
I knew mewtwo would still be light but not that light.

Well atleast he can take more damage before he can get knockedback sooner anyway. (40% or 50% from weak characters 20% between 25% for the big guys)

(this is a estimate from the hands can't knock me back far enough till i hit 115%)
I made a thread which gives Mewtwo users an idea on how quickly Mewtwo can get KO'd against Rosalina's attacks. Mewtwo can even get KO'd by Star Bits at the stage center, which is not possible on Mario.

http://smashboards.com/threads/399241/

Last edited:

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Mewtwo is fun but GOD DOES HE SUCK. His hitboxes are wonky, he's super light, and I hate some of the changes made to him (Like how FAir sends people forward instead of upwards for combos). Also, has anyone else noticed that Disable is completely broken? Seriously, I've stood in people's faces, spaced it so that the visual effect of Disable goes right over them, and it only works SOMETIMES. I'll main him but only so that I have a main, I don't care about this game enough to dedicate time into learning a better character.

Mario & Sonic Guy

Old rivalries live on!
NNID
TPitch5
3DS FC
5327-1637-5096
It's a shame that the hype for Mewtwo during the past set of months really hasn't lead to anything but disappointment. Sadly, I don't see Mewtwo excelling all that well in high level play.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
It's a shame that the hype for Mewtwo during the past set of months really hasn't lead to anything but disappointment. Sadly, I don't see Mewtwo excelling all that well in high level play.
Yeah well, now you understand what it was like for me when Smash 4 came out.
Let us pray that future DLC characters arent as disappointing.

Last edited:

Xzsmmc

Smash Champion
Mewtwo is fun but GOD DOES HE SUCK. His hitboxes are wonky, he's super light, and I hate some of the changes made to him (Like how FAir sends people forward instead of upwards for combos). Also, has anyone else noticed that Disable is completely broken? Seriously, I've stood in people's faces, spaced it so that the visual effect of Disable goes right over them, and it only works SOMETIMES. I'll main him but only so that I have a main, I don't care about this game enough to dedicate time into learning a better character.
Amen to that brother. We waited six months for nothing.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
Guys, I don't think y'all should shoot Mewtwo down just because he's not perfect. I think you set yourself up there for disappointment if you expected him to be high-tier.

Plus it's only day 2. Enjoy him. There's no other character in the roster like him.

Malkasaur

Smash Journeyman
Guys, I don't think y'all should shoot Mewtwo down just because he's not perfect. I think you set yourself up there for disappointment if you expected him to be high-tier.

Plus it's only day 2. Enjoy him. There's no other character in the roster like him.
Oh don't get me wrong, Mewtwo is an extremely fun character to use. It's just that he sucks. I didn't really expect him to be that good, since he was one of the worse characters in Melee. Its just he's REALLY BAD.

Top Bottom