• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Spoon Sword Social

Volaro

Smash Rookie
NNID
Volaro
3DS FC
2707-2096-3929
I've got AOL as well and it happened before when I was dealing with something from Square Enix. <sigh>

Smashoperatingbuddy123

Smash Legend

It would be........ This one!! ^^^^^^
Tell you guys the truth

I thought brown mewtwo was a black tail at glimps

And mewtwo tier is definatly and mewtwos tier is no question a B now

If it weren't for a few nerfs and being still being easy to knockback (still harder to do in smash 4 than melee) he would have ben a A tier or Maybe even a S tier

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
I just switched the email on my clubnintendo account to my yahoo. Hopefully that works.

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
Mewtwo's weight/size ratio is really bugging me. Does anyone know how heavy he is comparatively to the rest of the cast?

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
The only thing I'm really bothered by is his rolls.
I like him being like; it adds to the high-risk high-reward feel of the character. But at the same time, I also think he'd be far better off if he had good options to play it safe, and bad rolls severely limit that.
Mewtwo's weight/size ratio is really bugging me. Does anyone know how heavy he is comparatively to the rest of the cast?
He's among the lightest.
I've heard some say he's the single lightest, and while I don't know if this is true, I wouldn't be surprised at all.

Last edited:

NeoHippie41

Smash Apprentice
NNID
HaikuWarrior
Finally got to play a few rounds. He's a lot of fun to play. My expectations were pretty low after reading stuff all day so I'm pretty happy. Disable and confusion are pretty lame. I didn't really face many projectiles though, but the reflect seemed slow on the few I did. I really like teleport. He's still way, way too light.

For the love of GOD please make the shadow ball charge do damage again!

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
The only thing I'm really bothered by is his rolls.
I like him being like; it adds to the high-risk high-reward feel of the character. But at the same time, I also think he'd be far better off if he had good options to play it safe, and bad rolls severely limit that. He's among the lightest.
I've heard some say he's the single lightest, and while I don't know if this is true, I wouldn't be surprised at all.
He is the lightest.

Thermithral

Smash Journeyman
NNID
blahara
3DS FC
1375-7535-6452
Switch FC
6524 3241 3725
I just switched the email on my clubnintendo account to my yahoo. Hopefully that works.
Let me know if it does, as I have done the same earlier. Logically if it works for you it should also work for me. :p

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
I think its ridiculous that there are people that still have not gotten their codes yet. Nintendo ought to give them some free dlc games from eShop as an apology.

WingedKnight

Smash Ace
I'll be calling first thing in the morning, but it kinda threw off my groove that I didn't get them today. Tomorrow I've got prep to do for obligations on Friday morning. I'll still be able to Mewtwo once they sort it out and I have my codes, but I won't be able to Mewtwo as much as I could've today.

Enoki

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Enokikone
I'll be honest, the more I play Mewtwo the more disappointed I get. All his aerials are too slow to be safe when you're being juggled. His Usmash either whiffs short characters or people fall out of it. His rolls are atrocious and don't allow you to punish anything. His low traction and bad grab range means it's practically impossible to shield grab opponents if they space properly. Up-B is no longer a safe getaway option. And to top it off, he's the lightest character while being massive.

I love Mewtwo, but I honestly think he may be the worst defensive character in the game. He's combo food that dies wayyyyy too early. (But I want so badly to like him. :3)

CryoGX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
CryoGX
There are some pretty obvious weaknesses with the guy, but hey it's a new venue for Mewtwo so we have to learn it all over again pretty much, despite having prior experience with it.

If you're having significant problems, I'd personally say give it some time before jumping to a radical conclusion. I've said it before, in another thread, but it's literally been a day. There might be things that have been nerfed from Melee, but chances are we could find new ways to play it considering it's in a completely different game with a different meta now.

Or, Mewtwo could just be straight underpowered. However, my point is that it should take a bit of time before we can seriously jump to the conclusion of Mewtwo being too over/underpowered, unless the character is straight up broken in either regard to the point where its obvious to virtually everyone.

Kabutops

Smash Journeyman
That's disgusting
Mewtwo has always been a paperweight in smash. So this is nothing new. But being super light have a few minor benefits. I've actually escaped some of Sheik's combos on occasion.

Last edited:

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet
There are some pretty obvious weaknesses with the guy, but hey it's a new venue for Mewtwo so we have to learn it all over again pretty much, despite having prior experience with it.

If you're having significant problems, I'd personally say give it some time before jumping to a radical conclusion. I've said it before, in another thread, but it's literally been a day. There might be things that have been nerfed from Melee, but chances are we could find new ways to play it considering it's in a completely different game with a different meta now.

Or, Mewtwo could just be straight underpowered. However, my point is that it should take a bit of time before we can seriously jump to the conclusion of Mewtwo being too over/underpowered, unless the character is straight up broken in either regard to the point where its obvious to virtually everyone.
I agree. He's entering a meta that has been established for almost six months. We aren't going to discover a character in a day. People didn't think Diddy was good until the Wii U version came out. The more people play him, the faster we can develop his meta and find his secrets. I feel like we're missing something from his toolkit.

Bobert

"...And His Music Was Electric"
NNID
MetallicBlur
Switch FC
SW-1415-6753-4608
Yeah I pretty much wasted 20 hours waiting for this email. Hopefully I can get him tomorrow.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
I agree. He's entering a meta that has been established for almost six months. We aren't going to discover a character in a day. People didn't think Diddy was good until the Wii U version came out. The more people play him, the faster we can develop his meta and find his secrets. I feel like we're missing something from his toolkit.
reminds me of this

Teeb147

Smash Legend
So, I just played for hours on end straight with Mewtwo, and I'm better with him now, but funny thing is, when I switched to my mains at the end (ZSS and Pit), it felt like I was cheating the game! Like really, I didn't get better 'with mewtwo' from playing him, I just learned to be more careful with him.. you really do have to be so careful, his moves are so much more punishable than I originally thought. You really have to play him as a zoning character, but thing is his zoning isn't super, it's enough to manage though.

I do think that he sucks, but funny thing is, the times I got Mewtwo mirror matches was some of the most fun I've had in smash yet! It just becomes an interesting game, when you have to be so careful and deliberate.
I do think that for him to be good it would take for him to be much heavier, or faster so he can actually zone properly.

But like I said, now I do know that he can be fun against characters that aren't fast.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Mewtwo isn't going to be top tier, which is what I wanted. And I know some of you might be upset...but hey, at least he is fun to play!

Last edited:

MagiusNecros

Smash Master
The lack of custom moves might be the thing.

1DeadRabbit

...I mean jackal.
3DS FC
1864-9519-0771
So I tried out a few things with Mewtwo:
- I started playing around with his recovery as a horizontal spacing device. Because it has no end lag and is pretty instantaneous, I think using it horizontally solely on the ground could have really great potential if done right. Omega stages could be Mewtwo's oyster.
- I was playing around with spot dodges when I did something weird. Instead of down-trigger I used up-trigger, and if timed right it made me look as though I had vanished in place on the ground. It does almost the same as a spot dodge only it creates the disappearing animation rather than the usual one.

Now, I may be just a mere casual--and these things may already be apparent to all of you--but these two things plus Mewtwo's insane mobility makes me think he has the potential to be elusive to an absolutely frustrating degree. Even if his teleport and dodge animations are distinguishable, you can still make your movements unpredictable as heck with all the disappearing and reappearing.

Plus, if you're elusive, why worry about being a lightweight?

EDIT: I was also trying this thing as well:
Double-jump > Air Dodge > Teleport to the ground.

I was doing it mostly to teach myself to aim Teleport downward but maybe you guys can see if it has greater usage?

I don't know. I'm new to this whole "think about combos, spacing, etc." thing.

EDIT 2: Friend states that Teleport has ending lag and is punishable. Maybe it's time I go to bed and reassess this in the morning...

Last edited:

SleuthMechanism

Smash Ace
NNID
SleuthMechanism
3DS FC
4184-2631-5815
Switch FC
SW-7949-7248-8280
Favorite and least favorite things about Mewtwo?
Favorite: Bair, Fair, the evil laugh taunt, nair(was always one of my favorite moves in the history of smash bros), usmash being back, just as stylish, and stronger than ever. Confusion being a decent move now Least favorite: easy to die, up b(why was the distance nerfed?! I would have found tht understndable if you could act out of it in exchange for the reduced distance or something but yeesh also tons of endlag), disable, the fact that his rolls aren't stylish teleports anymore.

Last edited:
NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
- I started playing around with his recovery as a horizontal spacing device. Because it has no end lag and is pretty instantaneous, I think using it horizontally solely on the ground could have really great potential if done right. Omega stages could be Mewtwo's oyster.
- I was playing around with spot dodges when I did something weird. Instead of down-trigger I used up-trigger, and if timed right it made me look as though I had vanished in place on the ground. It does almost the same as a spot dodge only it creates the disappearing animation rather than the usual one.

Now, I may be just a mere casual--and these things may already be apparent to all of you--but these two things plus Mewtwo's insane mobility makes me think he has the potential to be elusive to an absolutely frustrating degree. Even if his teleport and dodge animations are distinguishable, you can still make your movements unpredictable as heck with all the disappearing and reappearing.

I was doing it mostly to teach myself to aim Teleport downward but maybe you guys can see if it has greater usage?

Mewtwo has the best dodges in the game.
This was the same in Melee.
Some things never change...

TombstoneHD

Smash Cadet

EDIT 2: Friend states that Teleport has ending lag and is punishable. Maybe it's time I go to bed and reassess this in the morning...
I feel like the ceilings are too high on FD for Mewtwo to benefit too much. He'll probably like BF, Town and City, and Halberd; bring those ceilings down low! Let them know that they're trapped!

C3CC

Smash Lord
I love how the announcer says "Meewtwoo!" in the exact same way as the Melee announcer did. It's like a nod to him or something.

chaosmasterro

Smash Apprentice
NNID
chaosmasterro
Rosalina is a hard matchup. M2 doesn't have the speed to get in and grabs are impossible with luma.

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
did you know that Mewtwo's neutral aerial has basically zero ending lag, so you can just spam it by rapidly pressing A.

[Obnoxshush/Dasshizer]

Off floating somewhere
I heard Wii fit trainer is really good against Mewtwo,actually in my level 9 practice with Mewtwo I got whooped by Wii fit trainer.
Shofu also got beat by a Wii fit trainer too.

Danpal65

Smash Lord
I'm actually impressed at how well Disable and Confusion seem to work. I was playing rounds last night and found landing a disable at around 80-90% was pretty much gg for that stock. It may be hard to land, and I wouldn't rely on it, but hitting with disable seems to be quite a powerful finisher.

I will admit that Mewtwo isn't the toughest character on the roster, but I'm okay with that. I'm willing to put in the time to learn to use him, and I will have fun doing so. That's what matters to me. :)

SuperNintendoKid

Smash Lord
another thing i found out is due to Mewtwo's disable still being a projectile, villager can pocket it, which looks really weird.

Teeb147

Smash Legend
Fow has been showing that there's lots of combo potential for Mewtwo. Maybe not true combos, but enough to rattle your opponent.

One interesting one is jab to jab to disable! then you can just go for the kill.
There's jab to down tilt to fair.
There's landing fair to down tilt to nair...
and the list goes on..

Last edited:
Top Bottom